Any Samurai History Fans Out there

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lycanthrope
I am in the SCA and reenact a Samurai from The sengoku-Jidai era. I love any discussioin on the topic. So please feel free to contribute

Mairuzu
Tom cruise

Slay
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Tom cruise
Days of Thunder?

Mairuzu
COLE TRICKLE

Slay
COLE TRICKLE
TOP GUN!!??

Mairuzu
A FEW GOOD MEN????

StanTheMan
werewolf samurai? what a beautiful combination!

Mairuzu
way to fail the thread you ****

Slay
A FEW GOOD MEN???? COCKTAIL! ???

StanTheMan

I think what you need is a nice cold ****

Slay
Originally posted by StanTheMan
I think what you need is a nice cold ****
I think you're a fat douche and everybody hates you.

StanTheMan
Originally posted by Slay
I think you're a fat douche and everybody hates you.

how dare you

MightyEInherjar
What Kingdom are you in?

~Wålshy~
Originally posted by StanTheMan
how dare you he is a very rude young man

StanTheMan

ScarletSpeed
THUNDER OF THE TROPICAL VARIETY.

JacopeX
Originally posted by Lycanthrope
I am in the SCA and reenact a Samurai from The sengoku-Jidai era. I love any discussioin on the topic. So please feel free to contribute That's pretty interesting. smile

BruceSkywalker
I am in the SCA and reenact a Samurai from The sengoku-Jidai era. I love any discussioin on the topic. So please feel free to contribute

Not just a fan, but an actual one..

I've trained in the warrior arts of the samurai since I was very little

Lord Knightfa11
I'm a ninja, and I say death to samurai!

Lord Knightfa11
My dadoo was in the sca only he reenacted European battles. I have alot of cool stuff that he used to play with with his nerd freinds. ^_^

Lycanthrope
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Not just a fan, but an actual one..

I've trained in the warrior arts of the samurai since I was very little

So you are an actual Samurai huh? What Daimyo do you serve? wink

What have you been Practicing. I am in the Orlando Kendo Club.
And Besides the general "Bushido" I practice Tameshigiri and Aikido.

Lycanthrope
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
What Kingdom are you in?

I Hail from Darkwater,Trimaris.
Are you in the SCA?

Lycanthrope
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
My dadoo was in the sca only he reenacted European battles. I have alot of cool stuff that he used to play with with his nerd friends. ^_^

That's funny "He used to play with his NERD friends" Do you have a clue what it takes to wear 16 gage steel armor and fight with 5" thick Ratan sticks. Its Painful and exhausting. You punk! You wouldn't last a minute in a Battle.

Lycanthrope
Originally posted by JacopeX
That's pretty interesting. smile

Have you heard of the Society of Creative Anachronisms?

Lycanthrope
Tom cruise

I really appreciate all of you polluting my thread. Real mature of you.Thanx

Lycanthrope

No you Failed the thread . YOU F**KN Douche-bag!!!!!

Phat_Crabs

my fren haz like 5 esamri wswords dawg, sits sick. Un tine i be lik kiken it at iz ouse, rite, and hiz brudr comi n swingin da sord dawg, Iz lik flipped out and den hiz dad com at us wit a chansaw an I flipped, bu it wa all juz a joke on phat crabs yo. laughing

stil do, scaed da sit outta me.

The Grey Fox

And Besides the general "Bushido" I practice Tameshigiri and Aikido. 1Originally posted by Lycanthrope
Are you in the SCA? 2Originally posted by Lycanthrope
That's funny "He used to play with his NERD friends" Do you have a clue what it takes to wear 16 gage steel armor and fight with 5" thick Ratan sticks. Its Painful and exhausting. You punk! You wouldn't last a minute in a Battle. 3Originally posted by Lycanthrope
Have you heard of the Society of Creative Anachronisms? 4Originally posted by Lycanthrope
I really appreciate all of you polluting my thread. Real mature of you.Thanx 5Originally posted by Lycanthrope
No you Failed the thread . YOU F**KN Douche-bag!!!!! 6

6 posts in a row? What in

Lycanthrope
Originally posted by The Grey Fox
1 2 3 4 5 6

6 posts in a row? What in

Your point???? I posted and 2 minutes later the thread was swamped with mostly irrelevant stuff.

Lycanthrope
Originally posted by Phat_Crabs
my fren haz like 5 esamri wswords dawg, sits sick. Un tine i be lik kiken it at iz ouse, rite, and hiz brudr comi n swingin da sord dawg, Iz lik flipped out and den hiz dad com at us wit a chansaw an I flipped, bu it wa all juz a joke on phat crabs yo. laughing

stil do, scaed da sit outta me.

laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud I dont understand ebonics bro.

Rogue Jedi
I am in the SCA and reenact a Samurai from The sengoku-Jidai era. I love any discussioin on the topic. So please feel free to contribute See my profile.

Mairuzu

And Besides the general "Bushido" I practice Tameshigiri and Aikido. Samurai's are a bunch of bitches

Rogue Jedi
http://www.pitt.edu/~blair1/hagakure.html

Lord Knightfa11
That's funny "He used to play with his NERD friends" Do you have a clue what it takes to wear 16 gage steel armor and fight with 5" thick Ratan sticks. Its Painful and exhausting. You punk! You wouldn't last a minute in a Battle. lol dude chill out. your getting all pissed. I never implied that I wasn't a nerd, just said that dadoo was. And I have done a lot of sword-combat related stuff, including a little kendo. i'm not going to get in a little pissing contest with you though so just chill out. You fail as well his ratan was 1 inch in diameter.

As for not lasting a minute in a battle, im going to be the bigger man and ignore that.

Lord Knightfa11
Samurai's are a bunch of bitches as demonstrated by the creator of this thread.

Kosta
The OTF does this topic no justice at all. Should have put this in the GDF. You would have gotten a lot more relevant input. stick out tongue

I do Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and a bit of Muai Thai. Have never had a chance to learn how to use a blade. Would love to some day, but at this point I haven't the time, nor the money. Big ups for devoting your time to something like that. Aikido is awesome, I have a lot of respect for that martial art.

Rogue Jedi
I like eggrolls.

Kosta
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I like eggrolls.

You sure do, RJ. You suuuure do. laughing

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kosta
You sure do, RJ. You suuuure do. laughing Me ruv you rong time baby.

Kosta
Me ruv you rong time baby.

How much? I can afford tree fiddy... but I'd rather pay less. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
How much? I can afford tree fiddy... but I'd rather pay less. stick out tongue Full Metal Jacket FTW

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg183/jedibeastie/receivedfiles/cccc.jpg

Baylin
I'm quite well read up on samurai history and am an avid student of jujutsu, my fav part being the iaijutsu. I have a daito for cutting and lovely matching iaito and wakizashi set. I love my swords!

MightyEInherjar
Are you in the SCA?
I qualified in Calontir, but I haven't fought in awhile. Went out to Pennsic last year.

Lycanthrope
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
lol dude chill out. your getting all pissed. I never implied that I wasn't a nerd, just said that dadoo was. And I have done a lot of sword-combat related stuff, including a little kendo. i'm not going to get in a little pissing contest with you though so just chill out. You fail as well his ratan was 1 inch in diameter.

As for not lasting a minute in a battle, im going to be the bigger man and ignore that.

I apologize for being so insulting. I was really just irritated that there was no one talking about the subject the thread was about and i took it out on you. But if your dad used a 1" diameter stick it would be very small about a 3" Circumference (diameter times Pi) which is what i meant. People use different diameters. Mine is almost 5" Circumference.

{Bows Low}

Lycanthrope

Ii have a copy of Yamamoto Tsunetomo's Hagakure. I have read it so many times i wore the cover off wink

Lycanthrope
The OTF does this topic no justice at all. Should have put this in the GDF. You would have gotten a lot more relevant input. stick out tongue

I do Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and a bit of Muai Thai. Have never had a chance to learn how to use a blade. Would love to some day, but at this point I haven't the time, nor the money. Big ups for devoting your time to something like that. Aikido is awesome, I have a lot of respect for that martial art.

I understand my mistake now. I apologize to everyone. I'm new and thought that OTF was just a general thread. I realize now,Thanx to Kosta i should have put it in the GDF.

Please excuse my unwarranted Lashings.

{Bows low}

BruceSkywalker

And Besides the general "Bushido" I practice Tameshigiri and Aikido.

I trained under a dear friend of mine, Master Kenji Omori..

I've also trained in those as well as laido, kendo, jodo, jujutsu among others..

Do you know how to use a naginata?

Lycanthrope
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I trained under a dear friend of mine, Master Kenji Omori..

I've also trained in those as well as laido, kendo, jodo, jujutsu among others..

Do you know how to use a naginata?

No i have not trained in its use. Only women practice with a naginata.
Not being disrespectful to you brother but this is, in contemporary times, what women train with. Don't get me wrong I think it is an awesome weapon.

And i thought you would appreciate the humor in my asking what Daimyo you served without taking offense. When you said you were a real Samurai. But I guess Being Samurai is a state of mind and i understand you Because I consider myself Samurai.

And I train with Matsui Jirou

NonSensi-Klown

Good god.

That is some of the worst military strategy I have ever seen.

Lycanthrope
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Good god.

The thing is Bud, its not a book of Strategy. Its a book of How a Samurai should conduct himself .

"No matter if the enemy's numbers are as the hairs of a calf. Stand your ground and have solace in killing as many as you can before you are cut down." Yamamoto Tsunetomo.
This is not strategy its a mind set to have courage and Die with Honor as a Samurai. Strategically its ridiculous but you miss the point.

Ahsoka Tano
Good god.

That's great to know, Mr. Internet. Maybe one day when you're actually skilled in any military way (from any country) after you finish serving your time in basic training of any sort ..Maybe you would be proud enough to share your experiences and ideas.

Lycanthrope
Originally posted by Ahsoka Tano
That's great to know, Mr. Internet. Maybe one day when you're actually skilled in any military way (from any country) after you finish serving your time in basic training of any sort ..Maybe you would be proud enough to share your experiences and ideas. laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud laughing

Ahsoka Tano
Good god.

Originally posted by Ahsoka Tano
That's great to know, Mr. Internet. Maybe one day when you're actually skilled in any military way (from any country) after you finish serving your time in basic training of any sort ..Maybe you would be proud enough to share your experiences and ideas.

I apologize. Actually, Nonsencilble or whatever/no offense , is right ...As a woman I should of researched the links with at least some experience ..

"Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom nor technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams."

Basically, I take that as no matter what, you fight to the death. Theres no in between .. No woman/man, no anything to fight for. Theres no tomorrow, or anything that has any sort of attachment ...

To make this means .. A man that is at almost certain defeat, will strike and use any means possible to kill/apprehend the enemy.

Because I can
bewbz.

There, i said it no expression

NonSensi-Klown
The thing is Bud, its not a book of Strategy. Its a book of How a Samurai should conduct himself .

Okay. That is a ridiculous way to conduct oneself. no expression

There's a differece between dying for the sake of your beliefs, and recklessly throwing your lfie away at the nearest moment for glory.

Lord Knightfa11
I really am more of a "kodachi" fighter.

Kosta
Originally posted by Baylin
I'm quite well read up on samurai history and am an avid student of jujutsu, my fav part being the iaijutsu. I have a daito for cutting and lovely matching iaito and wakizashi set. I love my swords!

If ever we meet, it's you, me and a mat. Ever heard of FLYING ARM BARS!?... Well, I can't do them, but I'll still give you a tumble. laughing out loud. How long have you been doping Jiu-Jitsu for? I've only taken it up recently, a few months ago. Have been going regularly though, 3 times a weeks for 2 hours. Have had the last 4 weeks off due to a back injury. I'm going back next week though. Will probably get my ass handed to me though, cuz I'll be sloppy from weeks of no training.

I understand my mistake now. I apologize to everyone. I'm new and thought that OTF was just a general thread. I realize now,Thanx to Kosta i should have put it in the GDF.

Please excuse my unwarranted Lashings.

{Bows low}

You don't need to apologize to me, mate. laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
Although it stands to reason that a samurai should be mindful of the Way of the Samurai, it would seem that we are all negligent. Consequently, if someone were to ask, "What is the true meaning of the Way of the Samurai?" the person who would be able to answer promptly is rare. This is because it has not been established in one's mind beforehand. From this, one's unmindfulness of the Way can be known.
Negligence is an extreme thing.

The Way of the Samurai is found in death. When it comes to either/or, there is only the quick choice of death. It is not particularly difficult. Be determined and advance. To say that dying without reaching one's aim is to die a dog's death is the frivolous way of sophisticates. When pressed with the choice of life or death, it is not necessary to gain one's aim.
We all want to live. And in large part we make our logic according to what we like. But not having attained our aim and continuing to live is cowardice. This is a thin dangerous line. To die without gaming one's aim is a dog's death and fanaticism. But there is no shame in this. This is the substance of the Way of the Samurai. If by setting one's heart right every morning and evening, one is able to live as though his body were already dead, he pains freedom in the Way. His whole life will be without blame, and he will succeed in his calling.

Lycanthrope
Okay. That is a ridiculous way to conduct oneself. no expression

There's a differece between dying for the sake of your beliefs, and recklessly throwing your lfie away at the nearest moment for glory.

You are speaking from contemporary social construct and you are not Samurai. The Book was written for a "Samurai" in the social construct of an age that has long past. But personally I think it has a lot of wisdom to offer in modern times.

Its like saying Shakespeare dialogue is ridiculous because its no they way we talk to day.

NonSensi-Klown
You are speaking from contemporary social construct and you are not Samurai. The Book was written for a "Samurai" in the social construct of an age that has long past. But personally I think it has a lot of wisdom to offer in modern times.

Its like saying Shakespeare dialogue is ridiculous because its no they way we talk to day.

Geezus christ.

Fine. "Samurai", were ridiuclous glory-hounds with ridiculous beliefs.

Rogue Jedi
Never give up, never surrender!!!

Kosta
Geezus christ.

Fine. "Samurai", were ridiuclous glory-hounds with ridiculous beliefs.

A different mind set of a different era. There was absolutely nothing ridiculous about their way of life IMO. It took courage, devotion and a lot of hard work. There were and still are far more ridiculous things in this world.

NonSensi-Klown
There are more ridiculous things, much more ridiculous things.

However it's still ridiculous, imo.

Lord Knightfa11
the samurai lifestyle is one of devotion and courage and honor. Its fascinating, elegant, and dead. Perhaps there is a reason nobody follows it anymore, but nevertheless, they were fearsome, brave warriors with honor.

NonSensi-Klown
I personally don't think that killing yourself for your beliefs is courageous. I feel that pulling back to fight for them another day is much more courageous.

Mywi
I am in the SCA and reenact a Samurai from The sengoku-Jidai era. I love any discussioin on the topic. So please feel free to contribute Samurai Warriors is a pretty cool game

Kosta
I personally don't think that killing yourself for your beliefs is courageous. I feel that pulling back to fight for them another day is much more courageous.

That can be debated. I see your point though.

Rogue Jedi
I personally don't think that killing yourself for your beliefs is courageous. I feel that pulling back to fight for them another day is much more courageous. More courageous? No. More logical? Definitely.

Kosta
More courageous? No. More logical? Definitely.

Counldn't have said it better.

Rogue Jedi
I think also it points towards standing by your convictions. If you say you are gonna do something, even if it is as crazy as dying for your lord, then follow through.

Kosta
I think also it points towards standing by your convictions. If you say you are gonna do something, even if it is as crazy as dying for your lord, then follow through.

Exactly right. It's a testament to one's devotion. What better testament than the ultimate sacrifice.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.