TFU Palpy & Starkiller run the Gauntlet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gaevus Mesias
They both get an hour and a half of rest in between each one.

Warm Up:

Anakin Solo & TPM Obi-Wan
Stass Allie & Kit Fisto
GG & Ventress

1. The Exile & FP (Full Powered) Mara Jade laughing
2. ROTS Mace Windu & ROTS Obi-Wan
3. Malak & Revan
4. Count Dooku & Caedus

Boss Stage

1. Orbalisk Bane & Yoda
2. LoTF Luke & (Pick somebody, anybody)

Gideon
The warm up stage ceases to live up to its name; the combatants therein die painfully and with minimal effort.

1.) Sidious and Marek win comfortaby; Mara Jade's cunning tactics are the only remote challenge here, but Palpatine knows all of her assassin tricks and would be able to respond in kind with greater Force power.

2.) While a strict lightsaber duel might yield a much different result, the dark siders are simply far too powerful with the Force to lose this match. They win comfortably.

3.) Malak would provide a decent challenge for Marek, but the older Sith simply hasn't demonstrated the refinement or raw power strong enough to contend with Marek; Revan is a prodigious Force user, but is no match for Sidious, who matches him in cunning and exceeds him in Force strength and knowledge. They win with slightly more difficulty than the last match.

4.) Count Dooku is a swordsman and Force user of legendary repute, who has demonstrated a remarkable mastery of telekinesis. That said, though he is undoubtably very powerful, his whole personage and method of fighting relies on precision and refinement; Marek has demonstrated a primal command of the Force far surpassing his. Caedus is a monster whose combat skills allow him to contend with Luke Skywalker and surpass him in some knowledge areas; he is no doubt as powerful as Starkiller and the beneficiary of superior knowledge. However, Palpatine is more powerful and knowledgeable than any of his opponents -- one of whom lived in fear of him for the last decade of his long life. Palpatine would defeat Caedus with, perhaps, considerable difficulty. Starkiller would do the same to Dooku. In the alternative, Sidious would finish Dooku before Caedus finishes Starkiller. And then it comes down to Palpatine vs. Caedus, where the true Dark Lord of the Sith emerges victorious.

Boss stage:

Here I'm iffy.

Lucien A
Originally posted by Gideon
The warm up stage ceases to live up to its name; the combatants therein die painfully and with minimal effort.

1.) Sidious and Marek win comfortaby; Mara Jade's cunning tactics are the only remote challenge here, but Palpatine knows all of her assassin tricks and would be able to respond in kind with greater Force power.

2.) While a strict lightsaber duel might yield a much different result, the dark siders are simply far too powerful with the Force to lose this match. They win comfortably.

3.) Malak would provide a decent challenge for Marek, but the older Sith simply hasn't demonstrated the refinement or raw power strong enough to contend with Marek; Revan is a prodigious Force user, but is no match for Sidious, who matches him in cunning and exceeds him in Force strength and knowledge. They win with slightly more difficulty than the last match.

4.) Count Dooku is a swordsman and Force user of legendary repute, who has demonstrated a remarkable mastery of telekinesis. That said, though he is undoubtably very powerful, his whole personage and method of fighting relies on precision and refinement; Marek has demonstrated a primal command of the Force far surpassing his. Caedus is a monster whose combat skills allow him to contend with Luke Skywalker and surpass him in some knowledge areas; he is no doubt as powerful as Starkiller and the beneficiary of superior knowledge. However, Palpatine is more powerful and knowledgeable than any of his opponents -- one of whom lived in fear of him for the last decade of his long life. Palpatine would defeat Caedus with, perhaps, considerable difficulty. Starkiller would do the same to Dooku. In the alternative, Sidious would finish Dooku before Caedus finishes Starkiller. And then it comes down to Palpatine vs. Caedus, where the true Dark Lord of the Sith emerges victorious.

Boss stage:

Here I'm iffy. I love you. And your eloquence.

And I'm tempted to give both Boss stages the win, though to what extent and degree, I am lost.

Master Crimzon
Okay, I'll do the boss stages:

1. I'm very tempted to call this a 5/10 split. I do consider Palpatine to be more powerful than Bane at that point, particularly due to his vast command of lightning and dark side energies. That being said, however, Yoda is significantly more powerful than Starkiller, too- he could edge out a force duel by a considerable amount, and would royally curbstomp Marek in a lightsaber duel. Starkiller vs. Bane is trickier. I don't think Starkiller has a chance in a lightsaber duel, but a force duel? I'm not sure. Bane has demonstrated power and mastery rivaling Starkiller's dark side ability- so, I suppose that it ultimately depends on whether Starkiller can keep his distance and fry Bane. Yoda vs. Sidious? They stalemated more than ten years previously. It's safe to say that Sidious is slightly more powerful now, so he wins. In the end, it looks like it comes down to Sidious vs. whatever opponent Starkiller faces. He wins, narrowly. However, the possibility exists that in either of these matchups, Starkiller won't hold on long enough and so Sidious will be faced with both Yoda and Bane. Which is a curbstomp. So, all in all, I guess I'd call this a 6/10 in favor of Sidious and Starkiller.

2. Lotf Luke and a legless Ewok. I'm assuming Starkiller regenerates here. Sidious and Starkiller win.

Cpt. Valerian
Originally posted by Gideon

Boss stage:

Here I'm iffy.

After you post, there's just nothing else to say.

Darth_Glentract
I'm pretty certain Luke could take both of them on his own. He's just too powerful.

I doubt that they would make it to him though. I can't see them beating Dooku and Cadeus. Sidious is Dooku's superior, but he could hold him off for quite some time. Cadues should be able to kill Starkiller faster than that. I know I've said Cadues isn't all that great in the past, but I've been convinced that I was wrong about that. He did defeat Katarn and several other Jedi, as well as gave Luke a decent fight. He also defeated, what, like three Slayers on his own. He's pretty beastly.

Lightsnake
Dooku can't even compete with Palpatine, that's out. Palpatine would give Luke an issue, too.

With Caedus and Dooku? Palpatine would annihilate Dooku shortly.

Gideon
I can.

Quite possibly by begging and pleading, which is what it would come down to.

Where is the suggestion that Dooku could "hold off for quite some time" the man when three separate Star Wars novels (Yoda: Dark Rendezvous, Labyrinth of Evil, and Revenge of the Sith) go into vast detail about what a stranglehold Palpatine has on Dooku. You don't seem to understand: in Dark Rendezvous, Dooku muses that Palpatine was wont to engage in "overly psychological schemes" in order to get his way -- when it just seemed that the Count could "march the Confederacy" in and capture Coruscant. Yet, a few sentences later, Palpatine's presence via hologram is enough to make the arrogance, condescension with which he regarded his master "drain from him like blood spilling from an open vein." This is the same former Jedi Master who willingly hurls himself at Yoda twice during the war. Dooku clearly regards himself as considerably inferior to his master in Revenge of the Sith, considering Palpatine to be "beyond power."

Based on what?

Starkiller defeated Darth Vader, Kazdan Paratus, Shaak Ti, several Shadow Guards, and countless Imperial personnel, Paratus's droid armies, and the Felucian shamans and their warriors.

And Palpatine couldn't do the same?

Of course he is. But none of that properly spells out an argument indicating that he could defeat Starkiller -- much less before Palpatine kicks the shit out of Dooku and gives Caedus a Sith spanking for presumption.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.