Overall Lag when playing any online game.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zhouhai
Ok, when I play any computer games I own( Battlefield 2 & Everquest 2 to name the ones I've tried so far, loading vanguard to see if anything happens in this game also), there is a noticeable lag time, whenever I press a key to do something, it takes a good 1-2 seconds for that to happen.

In battlefield 2, someone recommended I run it in compatibility mode, so I put it to win xp, and set the resolution down to 1024 x 768, and that cut down on some of the lag, but not all of it.

My Specs:

Win Vista Home Premium
Compaq(HP)
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Duel Core Processor 4800+ 2.50 GHz
3 Gigs Ram
32 Bit OS
Service Pack 1
Vid Card: GForce 6150 SE nForce 430 (My Drivers are up today according to Nvidia)

Pref Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1200 px

Someone also recommended uninstalling my OS, then reinstalling it, but seeing as I just got this computer under a month ago, there is about 3-4 programs on it, so I have no clue what could be causing this lag. Any Tips/Tricks/Recommendations would be great to fix this problem. thx.

Wei Phoenix
don't know how to help you but your name reminded me of Dynasty Warriors.

Peach
Chances are likely that if you're coming across lag while playing online, it's something to do with your internet connection or the servers you're playing on.

NonSensi-Klown
Stop downloading pr0n.

I have to turn Limewire and torrent programs off before I can play otherwise I lag horribly.

Utrigita
How fast are you internet connection?

occultdestroyer
Perhaps you have a slow internet connection.

To have maximum efficiency, you should at least have a 2MB internet connection.

Raijin
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Perhaps you have a slow internet connection.

To have maximum efficiency, you should at least have a 2MB internet connection.
That really depends on where he lives, and 2MB would certainly not be the best choice if you'd want maximum efficiency, that'd be 100MB/sec, at least here in Sweden.

But this guy lives in China and Asia, or at least Japan is known to have superior overall internet connections, but in any game, any time, just about any server, they lagg a whole lot, why I have no idea.

Kosta
I doubt your PC specs have anything to do with lag on line. If the game performs fine when playing off line, then it should perform as well on line, considering you have a sufficiently fast internet connection. Try some tweaking guides. They helped me when I used to play games on line with my old connecton speed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.