who is the strongest anime character of all time?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

adventbleach111
My brothers and I were debating over who is the strongest anime character ever...My older brother says goku, and my younger brother says naruto (saying because he loves naruto) but I don't know the reasons why they believe they are the strongest.

Who is the strongest to you? huh

First_Tsurugi06
You bother to ask? The answer is obvious: None other than the Strong-arm Alchemist himself...

ALEX...
http://mangajeux.free.fr/manga/dossier/dossier_fma/armstrong.jpg

LOUIS...
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb161/NGR_album/fma488.jpg

ARMSTRONG!!!
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b15/ActionJackson186/armstrong.jpg

Pyron_Express
Goku is far from strongest. He isnt even the strongest in his own verse..

Anyways, Omnipotents are beyond all.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
You bother to ask? The answer is obvious: None other than the Strong-arm Alchemist himself...

ALEX...
http://mangajeux.free.fr/manga/dossier/dossier_fma/armstrong.jpg

LOUIS...
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb161/NGR_album/fma488.jpg

ARMSTRONG!!!
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b15/ActionJackson186/armstrong.jpg The fact that you posted that makes you full of an incalculable amount of epic win.

jimBOFH
If it's between Goku and Naruto, Goku. Otherwise, no idea.

Astner
Originally posted by Pyron_Express
Anyways, Omnipotents are beyond all.
Except that it's a fallacious statement.

How many levels are there of non-omnipotence that can be set to different deities of fiction--an infinite amount. How many levels of omnipotence are there--one.

So the chances for any character being omnipotent is one divided by infinity.

- Don't get me wrong, I don't care if anyone believes that some character is omnipotent or not, it might well be so. However, the proof for such claims don't exist and hence shouldn't be brought up in a serious debate.

What I'm trying to say is, we have to go by feats. And I don't know that many powerful manga/anime universes. Since each one I've started to read or watched bored me to such an extent that I stopped reading it.

But based on my limited knowledge of anime/manga it has to be Tenchi Kane No Kami from "Tenchi Muyo".

Quincy
Jack Bauer

Kirikaze Fuuma
Chuck Norris eek!

sigma-ct42
goku,seriously

Jugglenaut
Originally posted by Astner
Tenchi Kane No Kami from "Tenchi Muyo".
LHW wankery that makes him omniversal ftw.

Magee
Pikachu.

Kero_Co
Batman, with prep

thumbsup

Kento
A-ko's father.

olympian
Saint Seiya Gods.

dadudemon
Turtle from DBZ

Wei Phoenix
from those two. Goku is way stronger than Naruto.

Endless Mike
Lord of Nightmares

As for Goku and Naruto, neither one of them is even the strongest in their own series.

Man of Violence
No one is, there are like so many "Omnipotent" characters in anime. In order to claim some one as the strongest you would have to watch er anime...impossible. You can say who you think is the strongest but you will never truly know.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Kero_Co
Batman, with prep

thumbsup

Failed! Prep has nothing to do with strength. Save thatt for the right occasion.

Kero_Co
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Failed! Prep has nothing to do with strength. Save thatt for the right occasion.

What? You didn't know? Anime Batman can convert prep into physical strength. 3 hours of prep was enough for him to kick a falling planet into the sun.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Kero_Co
What? You didn't know? Anime Batman can convert prep into physical strength. 3 hours of prep was enough for him to kick a falling planet into the sun.

Believe it or not, there actually is a Batman anime

pounce29
hmmm..........................

__/TAXI\__
|__o__o__|

shippuden naruto
~the ability to never give up
~elemental rasengans including other rasengans he invented
~kage bushin as always
~summoning technique gamabunta
~frog sage chakra form(a.k.a. hermit mode)
~nine tailed fox within him
~my fav sexy no jutsu(any helpless perv would die due to loss of blood from the nose cause of this powerful attack no doubt about it.)>.<

BradBalboa
I think he means physically strongest, to be honest a a DBfan ssj4 Gogeta owns everyone !!!!

Endless Mike
But he has no strength feats - how is he physically stronger than Diebuster, who stopped the earth when it was moving at near lightspeed and kicked apart a monster bigger than Jupiter and broke the event horizon of a black hole, for example?

BradBalboa
Originally posted by Endless Mike
But he has no strength feats - how is he physically stronger than Diebuster, who stopped the earth when it was moving at near lightspeed and kicked apart a monster bigger than Jupiter and broke the event horizon of a black hole, for example?

Im not going by feats, when you wath all od dbz and see how powerful they get then u get to gt and see how powerful omega is and gogeta toyed with him, sorry to me gogeta is number one..

howeer i am crious about this Diebuster?? who is he whats anime is he from ??

Galvaclaw
Originally posted by BradBalboa
Im not going by feats, when you wath all od dbz and see how powerful they get then u get to gt and see how powerful omega is and gogeta toyed with him, sorry to me gogeta is number one..

howeer i am crious about this Diebuster?? who is he whats anime is he from ??

It's from Diebuster the sequal to Gunbuster. They're both made by Gainax the studio behind Evangelion, FLCL and Gurren Lagann.

BradBalboa
oooh iv seen a cli of gurren lagann before, red robot fgithign a black robot, with faces on the stomaches, was pretty cool. anywhere i can wath the fightes/feat from these awsoem sounding anime ??

Endless Mike
What is the greatest strength feat in all of DBZ? Maybe Goku kicking Frieza through 2 islands.

GT is even worse - SSJ4 Goku struggles to lift some buildings.

Please explain how any of them could be physically stronger than a being that can stop a planet moving at more than 50% lightspeed (along with the giant engines strapped to it accelerating it even further), kick apart a creature bigger than Jupiter, and bust the event horizon of a black hole?

That's not even anything compared to some beings I could name.

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
They're both made by Gainax the studio behind Evangelion, FLCL and Gurren Lagann.

THis explains all the crazy feats...

jimBOFH
What is the greatest strength feat in all of DBZ? Maybe Goku kicking Frieza through 2 islands.

GT is even worse - SSJ4 Goku struggles to lift some buildings.

Please explain how any of them could be physically stronger than a being that can stop a planet moving at more than 50% lightspeed (along with the giant engines strapped to it accelerating it even further), kick apart a creature bigger than Jupiter, and bust the event horizon of a black hole?

That's not even anything compared to some beings I could name.

As is often pointed out, GT is not canon, and it sucks.
Let's see, strength feats- well, characters are often thrown into the ground hard enough to create large craters, displacing a lot of earth.
Characters rarely have any cause to lift up buildings etc though- if they're trapped underneath they just smash through.
Actually, in Dragonball Yamcha and Goku lift a large stone tower from Pilaf's castle off Bulma.

NonSensi-Klown
That's... not even close to the level needed to be strongest in the Anime universe.

jimBOFH
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
That's... not even close to the level needed to be strongest in the Anime universe.
I know, but the thing is that the DBZ character almost never lift buildings or planets etc- they tend to destroy them with Ki attacks first. So it's extremely difficult to gauge their physical strength, whereas in Dragonball the ki based attacks were the exception not the rule.

Galvaclaw
oooh iv seen a cli of gurren lagann before, red robot fgithign a black robot, with faces on the stomaches, was pretty cool. anywhere i can wath the fightes/feat from these awsoem sounding anime ??

Right:

Gurren lagann:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOBG3CCew7Q

Its a short ova prequal to the show. It's worse watching the whole show to enjoy the universe lvel fighting from the last episode.

Diebuster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Mike's all ready covered the best feats from this show.

Gunbuster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGgBavtodAo&feature=related

That's gunbuster owning thousands of the things nono fought in the above diebuster clip.

For watching the try Veoh, youtube or torrents. Gurren lagann is shown dubbed on sci fi.

DolX1
Goku!

Endless Mike
Originally posted by DolX1
Goku!

*sigh*

BradBalboa
iv been watchign sum Gurren lagann i love the end fight diebuster and gunbuster seem cool too, but still is say Dragonball, true no1 in DB has taken an attack like the anti-spirals infinity big bang storm but an anti-spiral oculdnt take a universe spirit bomb

Endless Mike
I thought we were talking physically strongest here

Else Lord of Nightmares wins

jimBOFH

Yeah, I thought it was pure physical strength too.

BradBalboa
yehh we are, just continute thought id post a comment....

BradBalboa
what are lord of nightmares physicals feats ??

Jugglenaut

What exactly puts L-Sama over Kami Tenchi?

spidermanrocks
I think the strongest anime character ever would be Luffy from One Piece.

AC/DC'S_LVR
if its between them two, Goku definately

Daronn
obviously its Goku

Darth Piggott
I'm going with Goku

Q99
what are lord of nightmares physicals feats ??

Creating multiple universes, ability to destroy the same, being an infinite sea of chaos.

menokokoro
Originally posted by spidermanrocks
I think the strongest anime character ever would be Luffy from One Piece. Really? There are people in the one piece universe that beat him.

Nephthys
Overall? Lord of Nightmares.

Just physically? Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. It would step on Goku like a fly.

menokokoro
Oh, I'm mistaking this for the "most powerful anime character" thread.

Astner
Dragon Ball characters aren't that strong at all. It was explained that any sacrifice in speed for strength resulted in a decrease in performance. Goku's maximum muscle mass was attained in the room of time and spirit when he reached USSJ2, he was likely stronger then than when he reached SSJ3.

Which makes sense as striking force relies on momentum, which relies on speed. A man who can bench 800 pounds (360 kg) would likely not strike as hard as a 5 dan black-belt.

En Sabah Nur X
Moon Child is the strongest fictional character by definition, Empress of the land of human imagination, a story encompassing all fictional stories without end.wiki. A story that binds reality and fiction without end.

Only other character, that many doubt even exists, is the Omnipotent Omnipresent One True God, beyond good and evil. Which has made appearances in manga, anime, cartoons, religions, etc

FinalAnswer
Popeye the Sailor Man >

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by En Sabah Nur X
Moon Child is the strongest fictional character by definition, Empress of the land of human imagination, a story encompassing all fictional stories without end.wiki. A story that binds reality and fiction without end.

Only other character, that many doubt even exists, is the Omnipotent Omnipresent One True God, beyond good and evil. Which has made appearances in manga, anime, cartoons, religions, etc

Anime

Nephthys
Plus the Childlike Empress couldn't do jack about the Nothing and the other villains, relying to Bastian Dipshit to solve Fantasias woes, so she can't be that frickin' powerful.

En Sabah Nur X
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
Anime

IF present anime only, then god has been suggested. Future anime may include moon child, though similar characters of similar power have appeared in anime such as Lain.

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by En Sabah Nur X
IF present anime only, then god has been suggested. Future anime may include moon child, though similar characters of similar power have appeared in anime such as Lain.

Neverending Story isn't Anime.

En Sabah Nur X
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
Neverending Story isn't Anime.
yet.

I always look at things from an atemporal eternalist perspective.

Nephthys
Well in that case the answers obviously Knobjock Feamer, a being so powerful that he can actually reach out of the screen and rape you using just his big toe. Truely, he is mighty.

Aquilla
Light Yagami...duh.

Yoki
The Shinigami Captain's in Bleach. Majority of em are insanely strong, fast (Shunpo) and they got kidō (offensive & defensive magic) as well.

Q99
But are not remotely near the strongest of all time.

Originally posted by Aquilla
Light Yagami...duh.

I'd recommend reading Record of a Fallen Vampire. Rosered Strauss is both just as "Just As Planned"-y as Light, and also a supremely skilled fighter.

Jinkaza1987
does kenshiro counts?

if yes than id vote for him...

tenHuitzilopoch
omega shenron if you guys are talking someone alone like fusion that doesnt count as one person well the strongest is me since i can create a manga about some guy who destroys the universe without thinking how do you like that for vs huh goku superman naruto fallen empire do you guys think inuyasha should be up here

Demonic Phoenix
Are you sure that you are the strongest?
I can create a manga about a guy who destroys guys who create mangas about guys who destroy universes without thinking.

Striding Cloud
Alucard will destroy anyone...other than Goku of course. wink

Q99
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Are you sure that you are the strongest?
I can create a manga about a guy who destroys guys who create mangas about guys who destroy universes without thinking.

I can create a series about a person who controls whether or not people can create manga where people destroy universes without thinking smile

TheAuraAngel
I can create someone who can math this: 9001/0.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Q99
I can create a series about a person who controls whether or not people can create manga where people destroy universes without thinking smile

Pshaw, mine was better. estahuh

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
I can create someone who can math this: 9001/0.

Hmm, but you didn't create me. mmm

TheAuraAngel
Oh didn't I?

I create a character that creates thinking and can destroy it without thought.

Black bolt z
SS4 Gogeta

tenHuitzilopoch
well i can create a manga about another guy who destroys a guy who destroys guys who create mangas about guys who destroy universes without thinking.

TheAuraAngel
Sorry gais but my character has destroyed the thoughts of these characters.vin

tenHuitzilopoch
no it hasnt this is your character getting mad at my character for killing you

Demonic Phoenix
Oh didn't I?

I create a character that creates thinking and can destroy it without thought.

Not unless you exist in a higher dimension, and you don't. uhuh

I create a character that is immune to the abilities and attacks of all other characters, and can instantly turn said characters into his obedient sex slaves. 313

Originally posted by tenHuitzilopoch
well i can create a manga about another guy who destroys a guy who destroys guys who create mangas about guys who destroy universes without thinking.

U SHUR?

I can just create a manga about a guy who destroys anything you create.

tenHuitzilopoch
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Not unless you exist in a higher dimension, and you don't. uhuh

I create a character that is immune to the abilities and attacks of all other characters, and can instantly turn said characters into his obedient sex slaves. 313

U SHUR?

I can just create a manga about a guy who destroys anything you create. i can create a guy who kills guys who can kill guys who create mangas of guys who can kill guys without thinking and anyone who says they can kill the guy is killed in the process and he gets regenrated and he is the winner evil face

TheAuraAngel
Unfortunately for all of you, since my character kills thoughts, all these ideas of manga characters are lost and destroyed.

tenHuitzilopoch
no cause i siad that yours will be killed in the process of killing mine so he has to live with that hey did you see the picture that shit was funny ha you didnt reply cause you couldnt get a good come back

marwash22
Originally posted by Black bolt z
SS4 Gogeta no.

Q99
All you really have to do is have a fiction where other fictions have no control over it or would be contradictory to include. Another fiction can't overwrite that.

TheAuraAngel
My character is not killing your character. He is killing your thoughts, which includes that character.

tenHuitzilopoch
my character is infinite so too bad and no cause i fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucken said he gets killed in the process of killing mine you dumbass

marwash22
My character is not killing your character. He is killing your thoughts, which includes that character. if the character already exists in print, how would killing his thoughts effect the character's existence?

tenHuitzilopoch
Originally posted by marwash22
if the character already exists in print, how would killing his thoughts effect the character's existence? AURA ANGEL IS A DUMBASS TOO LOOK ITS PICTURE

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by marwash22
if the character already exists in print, how would killing his thoughts effect the character's existence?

The character would be ashamed of the situation of his creator and thus would commit suicide.

Originally posted by tenHuitzilopoch
AURA ANGEL IS A DUMBASS TOO LOOK ITS PICTURE

?

FistOfThe North
GOKU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bugsbunny123
i agree dat goku s d strongest character.
der s a specific som1 hu claims he/she can create a character stronger than any other so as those of mangga even w/out thinking.
the hell.what kind of character is that?why not try to make ur own anime. and lets see if you can even make a 12 yr old boy believe in your character and would any1 like that character or anime.
base on characters bounded by earth are the ones acceptable.
NOT the ""LORD of nightmares"" hu ever that is? cause hes a god in his own verse.
were talking here of characters that are still beatable.
goku never beats omega shenron alone.
and still goku would simply wish to the dragon balls for that individual
to past away.
hey guys naruto and goku got beaten up by some one.
do u know hu that is?
ladies and gentle men step right up hes not a god. hes an ordinary character bounded to earth.drum roll please..........introducing.......................................
"""""""""""""""BUGS BUNNY""""""""""""""""tenennnnnnnnnnnnnnt
if you watch looney tunes.der is an episode where BUGS is up against his animator/artist.the animator is actually erasing him at the screen but he is fighting.now thats great did any of goku naruto or the claimed LORD of nightmares do that? if the animator erase lord of nightnares to the paper do that character defend himself?WOW!!!! BUGS BUNNY

Q99
The Lord of Nightmares created at least five universes, two of which have their own anime (Slayers and Lost Universe). She can destroy them at will.

Physically speaking, the Lord of Nightmares is an infinite sea of chaos that surrounds all these universes and possibly many more.

Well, we're talking the strongest. If they're beatable, then whoever beats them is stronger still, aren't they? (baring a situation where it's "X can be beaten, but only with luck. The majority of the time they'll beat anyone).

Karagiannis
gogetassj4 is the strongest character ever created

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Karagiannis
gogetassj4 is the strongest character ever created

Popeye the Sailor Man would beat him.

Esomark
Originally posted by Karagiannis
gogetassj4 would get his ass kicked by Dark Schneider

Fixed. Happy Dance

BloodRain
Tenchi and the Saint Seiya verse.

Karagiannis
no i can accept the fact that some people say that dark schneider is stronger than goku but nobody can say that gogetassj4 is weaker than darsh or seiya or tenchi

BloodRain
Kami Tenchi is a true omnipotent God no expression if you knew what omnipotent was you wouldn't even question it.

Astner
Originally posted by BloodRain
Kami Tenchi is a true omnipotent God no expression if you knew what omnipotent was you wouldn't even question it.
Firstly, Kami Techi was never referred to as omnipotent in the series. Even if he was it wouldn't matter because it's an ambiguous term and you can't presume that the author has the same meaning in mind as you do.

Secondly, Kami Tenchi has virtually no on panel feats save for purifying the Counter-actor and as for the implied off panel feats he's the creator of a 13 dimensions (in the context of the series meaning universes). Which in context what's usually thrown around in versus forums isn't that impressive.

So there's no reason to believe that he's unsurpassable, which I figure you're implying.

BloodRain
Yeeah I don't actually know the instances or anything in the manga series, I'm going by a thread on another site that says he is, and they seemed have good reasons that were generally accepted by all.

wakkawakkawakka
GS Hao is(implied) Omniscient if that counts for anything in this thread.

TBH I really don't know what counts as omnipotent in anime anymore

Astner
Yeeah I don't actually know the instances or anything in the manga series, I'm going by a thread on another site that says he is, and they seemed have good reasons that were generally accepted by all.
That's not a coherent argument. Either watch the show--since the manga series is an adaption of the anime--or request evidence before you accept similar arguments.

NemeBro
Yeeah I don't actually know the instances or anything in the manga series, I'm going by a thread on another site that says he is, and they seemed have good reasons that were generally accepted by all. The OBD is not always right, if that is your source.

Just saying.

BloodRain
If I intended for it to be an argument I would. True, they're not always correct but when a site that thinks similar to us says something it seems right to accept it here unless a poster here says otherwise, like Astner has now. Can't remember why its said he's omnipotent so ill stick with what Astner said.

Ban Mido
Strongest I can think of? Elder God Demonbane probably....the stuff I've heard on that thing is insane..

carver9
If I intended for it to be an argument I would. True, they're not always correct but when a site that thinks similar to us says something it seems right to accept it here unless a poster here says otherwise, like Astner has now. Can't remember why its said he's omnipotent so ill stick with what Astner said.

So you can accept Hyperbole statements from other anime "except" DBZ?

As for the thread, I'm going with Lord of Nightmare by far.

Who is the perfect character ever created would be Goku. He has the best powerset (just trying to help out kara since you all are triple teaming him).

BloodRain
confused actually I was accepting what some other forum said was correct.

ZeedMillenniummon seems prety hax.... least I think thats anime.

chilled monkey
Strongest anime character is definately Belldandy (Ah! My Goddess).

deathcon27
gogeta ssj4 n if thats not enough lets make it majestic mystic super kaioken 4 x20 gogeta

Radunuya
It'll be either Tenchi Kami or Lord of Nightmares. I'm going with Tenchi Kami.

Q99
It's funny how people still post stuff like DBZ characters when you have other characters who can create and destroy universes easily.

psycho gundam
welcome to dbz fanboyism

i like to call them "super saiyajin witnessess"

edit* janemba's witnessess is waaaay better lol, yeah, let's go with that

Xaralabos13
Hellscythe Eucliwood is the strongest Here is her Abilities

Reality Warping: Eucliwood's primary ability is the power to tamper the string of fate and alter reality. It has been shown that whatever that she says can become reality, (that why everythink she has to say she is typing it on a paper) with no certain limits to her powers except for Eucliwood's resistance to the side effects of using her powers. Applications of her reality warping powers are as follows:

Resurrection: Although not directly seen, she has shown powers of resurrection, as she was able to revive Ayumu and the Lord of the Night from the dead. It is unknown if there are any restrictions or limits of this ability.
Death Affliction - By saying the word "die", Eucliwood is able to instantly kill a person However, using her powers in this way, she experiences an intense pain in her head.
Healing: It has been shown that she has the ability to heal the wounds of others, but it also comes with a side effect that she also suffers the pain of the person she heals.

Also she has the best voice i have ever heard (u can hear her in scenes where she doesnt have any power cose of fake reality-her power got absorbed etc)

socool8520
what about Simon from Gurren Lagann? That dude can destroy universes. That's pretty hard core.

Q99
Originally posted by socool8520
what about Simon from Gurren Lagann? That dude can destroy universes. That's pretty hard core.

Pretty high up there, but still not at the top.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Xaralabos13
Hellscythe Eucliwood is the strongest Here is her Abilities

Reality Warping: Eucliwood's primary ability is the power to tamper the string of fate and alter reality. It has been shown that whatever that she says can become reality, (that why everythink she has to say she is typing it on a paper) with no certain limits to her powers except for Eucliwood's resistance to the side effects of using her powers. Applications of her reality warping powers are as follows:

Resurrection: Although not directly seen, she has shown powers of resurrection, as she was able to revive Ayumu and the Lord of the Night from the dead. It is unknown if there are any restrictions or limits of this ability.
Death Affliction - By saying the word "die", Eucliwood is able to instantly kill a person However, using her powers in this way, she experiences an intense pain in her head.
Healing: It has been shown that she has the ability to heal the wounds of others, but it also comes with a side effect that she also suffers the pain of the person she heals.

Also she has the best voice i have ever heard (u can hear her in scenes where she doesnt have any power cose of fake reality-her power got absorbed etc) That's not bad.

But she isn't nearly the strongest.

socool8520
Originally posted by Q99
Pretty high up there, but still not at the top.

I forgot, the dude can also hit you in the past, present, and future. How do you defend that? lol He also deflected and attack as strong as the energy behind the big bang. He seems to be able to resist any kind of mind games that were thought impossible to break by the anti-spiral being. However, I'm not really well versed on super powerful beings on that level in animes. I am usually disinterested with that much power but I liked the story of GL up until that point.

Getsugamoon
BULBASUAR!

Q99
Originally posted by socool8520
I forgot, the dude can also hit you in the past, present, and future. How do you defend that? lol

God-Tenchi has protected his past self before he became God-Tenchi before.

The Choshin in Tenchi (creators of multiple universes, surpassed only by God-Tenchi) can't flex their full power inside our universe without destroying it.

The Lord of Nightmares from Slayers created, and could easily destroy, many universes. The most powerful spell in Slayers is a 'summon a bit of LoN' spell, and it could destroy the universe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.