Who would want a Sephiroth game(FFVII)??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stickman618
ever hear that saying; "good and evil is a matter of perspective"?

well i would like to see Sephiroth's point of view
a game where you control Sephiroth, explore his past, find out how he got that sword of his, watch him train Zack, and his rise to being a SOLDIER hero

and then, play the original scenarios but control him instead of Zack or Cloud

and yes Crisis Core shows him already at "hero" status and you see a bit of him as a good guy, and a bit of his past, but imagine a game focused entirely on him

this was just something me and my friends came up with and thought it was a good idea, what about you guys??

Dark-Jaxx
I would play it.

Kero_Co
Id prefer a prequel to FFV, 12 legendary warriors vs Enuo.

Zack Fair
Sephiroth didn't really train Zack, but yeah it might be interesting. However I rather have Square Enix concentrate on other proyects...FFVII already has 4 games.

Dark-Jaxx
And a movie.

And an OVA.

occultdestroyer
That would definitely be cool.
Sephiroth is a badass ***

stickman618
after playing dissidia, i think the combat system would work perfectly for a game like this

ESB -1138
I don't think we need a Sephiroth game. Square Enix needs to put some time and effort into something else besides FFVII.

Neo Darkhalen
I'd rather they just made another Dissidia or a prequel to FF VI then a Septh game.

I don't think we need another FFVII game, 4's enough.

Peach
Originally posted by ESB -1138
I don't think we need a Sephiroth game. Square Enix needs to put some time and effort into something else besides FFVII.

Yeah I have to agree with this. FFVII's got enough other games and other media. There are other games out there.

Ultimate Wil
I would play it. They need to show Sephiroth's story on how he became a hero for soldier.

Zack Fair
No they really don't.

Ultimate Wil
Then we don't really know how he became a hero Zack

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by ESB -1138

Agreed.

Originally posted by Ultimate Wil
I would play it. They need to show Sephiroth's story on how he became a hero for soldier.
Originally posted by Zack Fair
No they really don't.

Agreed because after that everyone will want to know how he gained the desire to be a Hero, then you'll want to how he was as a child and then you would want to know how he was conceived and then you would want another game on how his parents met and so on.

occultdestroyer
I'd like to see a game that shows the history of Sephiroth, how he became a SOLDIER..
you know, something similar to Zack's storyline in Crisis Core.

And this time, make it a PS3 and PSP exclusive.

ThunderGodEneru
I would play a Sephiroth game, but they really do need to move on to a different friggin series.

Like a remake of FFVIII, with the second half of the game changed.

stickman618
come to think of it, there are too many FFVII games and other media out there

my friends(and a lot of people i'm sure) say they actually preferred 8 to 7, so how come they haven't expanded on it??

Final Blaxican
Sehprioth's a douche bag and an underwhelming character as is, imo. Square Enix needs to move on and make BETTER villains instead of sucking the metaphysical phallus of the ones that already exist.

Peach
Originally posted by Ultimate Wil
Then we don't really know how he became a hero Zack

And why do we need to? Why do we need to know every single little detail about a character?

I think we know enough about Sephiroth from the existing media.

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
I would play a Sephiroth game, but they really do need to move on to a different friggin series.

Like a remake of FFVIII, with the second half of the game changed.

I wouldn't mind that. Remake FFVIII, change the battle system, and make the last half of the plot not suck like a black hole.

ThunderGodEneru
I actually didn't mind the FFVIII battle system, and yes, the plot's level of shit sucked like a black hole.

Seriously though, why do we need to know more about Sephiroth? Sephiroth's character(and by extension all of FFVII's) has already been expanded on and milked more than it ever should have.

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by Peach
And why do we need to? Why do we need to know every single little detail about a character?

I think we know enough about Sephiroth from the existing media.

I wouldn't mind that. Remake FFVIII, change the battle system, and make the last half of the plot not suck like a black hole. Oh God, yes please. That's something I'd pay good money for, and seeming I don't even buy games anymore, that's saying something on my part.

But a Sephiroth game? No way. FF7's been milked way too much, and I don't want to see any more rubbish fuelling the fanboy's massive metaphorical boners anymore.

Pyron_Knight
Oh I know. Retcon the story so we can get some actual support for the SephirothxAeris shipping.
That was one of the first fanfics I ever read; years ago before the Compilation even started.

Tell the story of how a young lonely human-genocidal alien hybrid met the most pure and loving little girl. how they shared a short amount of time together before the cruel hands of fate tore them apart until they would finally meet agian. When the lonely little boy was now an insane man and will kill the pure little girl without remorse.

Intenret Person: See? They loved each other!
Me: But...he still killed her.
Internet Person: But they were close as children!
Me: But they only met once....
Internet Person: And that one meeting was enough that all those years later Sephiroth STILL wanted to impale her on his long, hard blade!
Me: .... I hate humanity.

There's your game.

Nemesis X
Can't believe there's a lot of people who don't want Sephiroth to have his own game. Do you people even like Final Fantasy?

Zack Fair
Final Fantasy existed long before Sephiroth was just a concept. Final Fantasy has continued to exist long after Sephiroth's appearance. Final Fantasy is a lot more than just a silver haired lunatic with a long sword.
That guy doesn't need any more screen time. In fact if there is anything he and Cloud need is time off the spotlight.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Can't believe there's a lot of people who don't want Sephiroth to have his own game. Do you people even like Final Fantasy?

FF is not about VII, VII is just a game in the series, it does NOT define FF as a whole, FF is defined by individual stories in each individual game, FF as a whole is not about Septh or Cloud fighting each other to death.

jinXed by JaNx
Sephiroth is best served as a villain. Perhaps you could have a game where you are the villain but considering that a part of Sephiroths appeal is that he was such an imposing villain you would need an even more well developed and imposing protagonist than Sephiroth. I would prefer a remake of FF7. Sephiroth only works with the right chemistry of an equally interesting protagonist.

Peach

Sephiroth is not the end-all-be-all of Final Fantasy, believe it or not. There are even some people who didn't think Final Fantasy VII was that great! Gasp.

Nemesis X
Even Vincent Valentine has his own game and it's great (even though the cutscenes are so damn long). If they're gonna have different FF characters have their own game, Sephiroth should definately be next.

Final Blaxican
But Durge of Cerberus sucked ass.

Peach
Yeah, I never really heard anything good about Dirge of Cerberus myself.

General Kaliero
Yeah, no. My FF is 6. I hate 7 because it's so damn overrated. As are... all of its characters, and Sephiroth most of all.

Even Vincent Valentine has his own game and it's great (even though the cutscenes are so damn long). If they're gonna have different FF characters have their own game, Sephiroth should definately be next.
Dirge of Cerberus was horrible. I suffered through the first level only before selling off that piece of crap. Vincent sucks as a protagonist.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Yeah, no. My FF is 6. I hate 7 because it's so damn overrated. As are... all of its characters, and Sephiroth most of all.

I have the exact same thoughts as GK, Cefca is a far better villain then Septh, VI is overall a better game then VII, and VII is really pathetically overrated.

Phanteros
dirge of cerberus sucked so much @$$ that by the time i got the to end of the horrible level design and dry and weak dialogue i wanted to buy a cd shredder(my Xbox 360 was used as a substitute) and give that peice of crap the burial it deserves. also the fact that it ripped Devil may cry in some many aspects and fails miserably at urged me further away from the FF series

and agreed that vincent valentine was a horrible protagonist.

ThunderGodEneru
If they are going to do anything at all, I propose an actual sequal to FF Tactics, not that sissy Advanced shit.

And seriously dudes...We KNOW how Sephiroth became a hero. He was bred and trained from birth to be the ultimate Soldier, and cemented that title upon himself with his victories in the war with Wutai.

ArtificialGlory
They need to make a Sephiroth perspective game where Dr. Long-Hair goes around killing innocent people in imaginative ways and in disturbing detail.

Make it play Max Payne style. PC exclusive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.