Hollywood W/power gem vs SMP

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superman XX5
Hollywood is an alternate Wonderman from guardians of the galaxy who fought dormammu and celestials.

And he has the Power Gem

Vs

Superman prime

xJLxKing
Which Superman Prime? I don't think it will matter though

Endrict Nuul
Anyone with PG> vs almost anyone.

Lord Prime
Superman prime

Galan007
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
> vs almost anyone. prime can already make this claim. more or less.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Galan007
prime can already make this claim. more or less.

With PG more so though.

Zack Fair
IMO if Hollywood learns how to use the PG he stomps.

fangirl101
Lotta if's and statements with nothing remotely concrete. Has anyone with the PG ever just Stomped everyone? Even Thor with The PG didn't stomps Thanos.

Galan007
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
With PG more so though. IF he could control it fully. however, i tend to think of the power level champion (/w/ the gem) was at, when i think of a 'standard level' for a PG user. meh.

The Great Galen
PG has potential, but I havn't seen any PG user take down skyfathers or ubber level beings so im inclined to go with SMP.

iceman24567
On paper the pg is this uber item but feat wise I'm not too impressed. Prime wins

Mindset
IF he could control it fully. however, i tend to think of the power level champion (/w/ the gem) was at, when i think of a 'standard level' for a PG user. meh. champion didn't even know he was drawing power from the gem

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
champion didn't even know he was drawing power from the gem subconsciously he was though. would hollywood be any better with it? toss a coin, imo.

Mindset
a coin toss with a 2 headed coin maybe!

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
a coin toss with a 2 headed coin maybe! f*ckin cheater. uhuh

The Great Galen
Not really,going by feats the PG ionly seems Champion level at best.

Enyalus
Hollywood wins.

The Great Galen
At any rate primes wins.

Priest
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Not really,going by feats the PG ionly seems Champion level at best.
Lulz, read The infinity gauntlet, and check what thanos end up doing with the power gem.

Red Hulk
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Not really,going by feats the PG ionly seems Champion level at best. Originally posted by Priest
Lulz, read The infinity gauntlet, and check what thanos end up doing with the power gem.

Yes, let's only take the lowest, and the highest levels into consideration. no expression

Anyway, Hollywooooooooooooooooooooood would get a strength/durability boost to a pretty big level, at least as big as boost as Champ got, to an upwards of Thor's. Of course he'd be higher, but he would only be able to tap into the Gem as good as them.

Stoic
Does Simon know how to fully utilize the gem? If he does, there is no physical force that could defeat him or hurt him, but if he doesn't Prime will win.

Red Hulk
Originally posted by Stoic
Does Simon know how to fully utilize the gem? If he does, there is no physical force that could defeat him or hurt him, but if he doesn't Prime will win.

He doesn't, and it wasn't said for this thread.

xJLxKing
So I guess this is the Superboy-Prime. So I am gonna say SMP

Bouboumaster
**** the Power Gem, Hollywood stomps Superman Prime without it.

quanchi112
Prime gets raped.

Stoic
Originally posted by Superman XX5
Hollywood is an alternate Wonderman from guardians of the galaxy who fought dormammu and celestials.

And he has the Power Gem

Vs

Superman prime

Are the Guardians of the Galaxy an alternate time line, or are they 616 of the future? This has always confused me, because guys like the Stark seem to be a logical course to go with in a future tense 616 continuity.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Stoic
Are the Guardians of the Galaxy an alternate time line, or are they 616 of the future? This has always confused me, because guys like the Stark seem to be a logical course to go with in a future tense 616 continuity.

Yep. And in this timeline, ****in' Hollywood throw punches with Dormammu.

Enyalus
Dunno why everyone acts like Champion with the gem did so poorly. He bitched all of the Earth's strongest, including Thor, Wonderman, and Hulk with ease. The only way Thanos won was BFR.

Even if you take Champion-level PG stats and add them to Hollywood, he'd stomp Prime.

Galan007
Prime busted through dimensions ala fisticuffs. Prime pushes planets around the universe at tremendous speeds like they were ping pong balls. Prime owned damn near every hero on DC earth, at once . Prime survived a plunge through anti-matter, with no ill-effect. Prime shreds through GL's like a hot knife through butter. Prime is pert-near immune to magic, and the like. etc, etc.

Champion /w/ PG was compared to Hulk (LOLZ!!) Champion busted a planet with an easily avoidable attack.

Point is, if Hollywood were around that level, there's really no way he could beat Prime, imo.

Enyalus
Prime busted through dimensions ala fisticuffs. Prime pushes planets around the universe at tremendous speeds like they were ping pong balls, Prime owned damn near every hero on DC earth, at once . Prime survived a plunge through anti-matter, with no ill-effect. Prime shreds through GL's like a hot knife through butter. Prime is pert-near immune to magic, and the like. etc, etc.

Champion /w/ PG was compared to Hulk (LOLZ!!) Champion busted a planet with an easily avoidable attack.

Point is, if Hollywood were around that level, there's really no way he could beat Prime, imo.

...Well, I agree. But it'd be like Champion's level w/ PG added onto Hollywood's stats...

Anywho, the GL feat isn't so impressive. New Earth Superman = 7200 GLs. So says Starfire, who is the veritable expert on all things Superman.

Galan007
Originally posted by Enyalus
...Well, I agree. But it'd be like Champion's level w/ PG added onto Hollywood's stats... Yeah but even if that were the case, what would Hollywood really get beside a strength/durability boost? Not much, imo.

Seems like people tend to take the whole "infinite power" deal way too literally when thinking of the PG. The power may be there, but we have yet to see a character tap the gem in such a way.

Originally posted by Enyalus
Anywho, the GL feat isn't so impressive. New Earth Superman = 7200 GLs. So says Starfire I still giggle at the idiocy of that statement. giggle00

iceman24567
Prime eats Simon alive the power gem is overrated.

The Great Galen
Underwhealming feat wonder like PG agaisnt a skyfather powerhouse like SMP, im going with prime 10/10.

Bouboumaster

... When?

Hollywood throwing punch with someone on Eternity lvl is not losing to Prime.

iceman24567
Wow Wonder Woman threw fists with Nekron that does not mean she stands a chance against Prime. Simon dies Prime has the feats future Simon just doesn't plus Dormammu jobbs to death I doubt Simon won that fight anyways.

Galan007
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
... When? http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/969845_champ1.jpg

leonidas
... When?

Hollywood throwing punch with someone on Eternity lvl is not losing to Prime.

he threw A PUNCH at dormmy, which did nothing at all, and was then ohktfo'd.

stop overrating hollywood. he beat a guy who beat firelord because that guy was DRAINING firelord's power. there is precisely ZERO evidence to indicate hollywood was anymore powerful than regular simon. his one good feat was surviving a huge explosion but he had so few appearances it was impossible to say if that was pis or not.

and the PG IS overrated.

prime blitzes him and stomps him before he even has a chance to access its power.

Bouboumaster
http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/969845_champ1.jpg

I knew you would show this scan.

But he is just narrating this, since he haven't fought Hulk then.

When he met Hulk, he completly owned him.

So, you're interpretation is wrong.

Bentley
Did I already say that Prime wins? Because he does.

kgkg
Someone wins big grin

Galan007
So, you're interpretation is wrong. I stated Champion /w/ PG was compared to Hulk. And in that scan, Champion /w/ PG was compared to Hulk. What I stated was not wrong. Not in the slightest.

smile.

horrorwolf
Superman Prime gets destroyed by Hollywood with the PG

Silent Master
He was compared to the Hulk in the sense that the PG would allow him to continually increase his strength.

Galan007
Originally posted by Silent Master
He was compared to the Hulk in the sense that the PG would allow him to continually increase his strength. -Thanos-
"In many ways I assume this is what it would be like battling the Terran behemoth, the Hulk..... A conflict I've sought to avoid over the years."

So like I said... Champ /w/ gem was compared to Hulk. Regardless of how you interpret that statement, I was correct in what I said. smile

Stoic
-Thanos-
"In many ways I assume this is what it would be like battling the Terran behemoth, the Hulk..... A conflict I've sought to avoid over the years."

So like I said... Champ /w/ gem was compared to Hulk. Regardless of how you interpret that statement, I was correct in what I said. smile

Yes you were correct, but the other defining fact that would place a power gem user above Superman Prime is that it makes it's user invincible.... written properly a power gem wielder would not be able to be beaten on a physical level as they would possess infinite power, and durability; as Thanos exhibited when he easily shattered countless planets hurled at him by Celestials in the Infinity Gauntlet saga (iirc).

The Champion is a bad example of a power gem wielder, as he has been shown to only tap it's power on a subconscious level in 90% of his showings.

If Simon is only able to tap the amount that the Champion is able to in this particular battle, Prime should be able to defeat him with little trouble.

The question still remains.... what is Hollywoods aptitude of wielding the power gem in this thread?

Enyalus
Well, Simon is a lot smarter than Champion...

iceman24567
Prime wins

starlock
Hollywood/power gem for the win

vansonbee
Originally posted by iceman24567
Prime wins

Phantom Zone
I stated Champion /w/ PG was compared to Hulk. And in that scan, Champion /w/ PG was compared to Hulk. What I stated was not wrong. Not in the slightest.

smile.

Yeah and what were you trying to imply by that?

Galan007
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Yeah and what were you trying to imply by that? The only implication was Champion being compared to Hulk. But that statement was a point of fact, actually. smile

Phantom Zone
The only implication was Champion being compared to Hulk. But that statement was a point of fact, actually. smile

Actually its looks like you were trying to imply that Champion with the PG was not impressive because he was compared to the Hulk and you're just trying to twist things around by just focusing on the fact that you said he was compared to the Hulk. Its not just the statement being a fact what you were trying to imply is important as well...anyway I think SBP wins.

The smiley sucks its just makes you look obnoxious.

Galan007
Actually its looks like you were trying to imply that Champion with the PG was not impressive because he was compared to the Hulk and you're just trying to twist things around by just focusing on the fact that you said he was compared to the Hulk. Champion with the PG wasn't impressive. Being compared to Hulk has nothing to do with that assessment. His best feat was physically busting a planet with an easily avoidable attack. That's cool and all, but seeing as how he had access to 'infinite' power, destroying a world is really nothing. Nothing at all. All it does is show us how feeble minded Champ really is.

The smiley sucks its just makes you look obnoxious. Thank you. smile

Phantom Zone
Champion with the PG wasn't impressive. Being compared to Hulk has nothing to do with that assessment. His best feat was physically busting a planet with an easily avoidable attack. That's cool and all, but seeing as how he had access to 'infinite' power, destroying a world is really nothing. Nothing at all. All it does is show us how feeble minded Champ really is.

Well thats what you're saying now, but obvoulsy the way you phrased it before implied that the comparison was one of the reasons why it wasn't impressive maybe next time you should make your point clearer.

At that point in his history however it could be argued that he could have done that without the PG anyway.

Galan007
Well thats what you're saying now, but obvoulsy the way you phrased it before implied that the comparison was one of the reasons why it wasn't impressive I stated that Champ /w/ PG was compared to Hulk (which is true) - I then stated that Champ also busted a world. I don't see how you thought I was trying to downplay his planet destroying feat when I brought up his comparison to Hulk, but whatever.

At that point in his history however it could be argued that he could have done that without the PG anyway. Except.... He didn't. So there's really no argument. At all. smile

Phantom Zone
I don't see how you thought I was trying to downplay his planet destroying feat when I brought up his comparison to Hulk, but whatever.

I have no idea why anybody would get that impression....

erm Anyway Hollywood loses.

Except.... He didn't. So there's really no argument. At all. smile

There are different ways of looking at just as there are different ways of looking at what Thanos meant by his statement, im not motivated enough to discuss it especially when its going off on a tangent.

Galan007
I have no idea why anybody would get that impression.... Me either. They were 2 completely separate statements regarding a certain character.

Phantom Zone
Me either. They were 2 completely separate statements regarding a certain character.

Look you're just trying to twist shit around. You were obvoulsy trying to downplay the feat and one of the reasons why you were doing that was because he was compared to the Hulk any moron can see that. You're just being difficult.

The fact of the matter is that the comparison is suspect because we would expect Champs with PG to be more powerful than the Hulk and just because Thanos said he was like the Hulk doesnt neccesarily mean hes on the same power level but he has a similar powerset. However you are right in that Champs showing with the PG is not enough proof to say that Hollywood could beat SBp with PG, but the comparison to Hulk doesnt neccesarily prove anything I just don't think you got the balls to admit it when you were called on it. *shrug*

Galan007
Look you're just trying to twist shit around. You were obvoulsy trying to downplay the feat and one of the reasons why you were doing that was because he was compared to the Hulk any moron can see that. You're just being difficult.

The fact of the matter is that the comparison is suspect because we would expect Champs with PG to be more powerful than the Hulk and just because Thanos said he was like the Hulk doesnt neccesarily mean hes on the same power level but he has a similar powerset. However you are right in that Champs showing with the PG is not enough proof to say that Hollywood could beat SBp with PG, but the comparison to Hulk doesnt neccesarily prove anything I just don't think you got the balls to admit it when you were called on it. *shrug* lol I merely stated that Champion was compared to Hulk. Nothing more, nothing less. Seems like you're twisting things around WAY more than I am. smile

kgkg
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/facepalm.gif

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by kgkg
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/facepalm.gif

Yes?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.