Dr. Strange vs Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endrict Nuul
1. Current of both.

2. Classic of both.

3. Classic vs Current Odin.

4. Both at full power.

Who wins?

Red Hulk
What's a full power Strange?

Classic Strange who rested his 7-8 hours?

Mindset
He'll need a good hearty breakfast.

Red Hulk
Originally posted by Mindset
He'll need a good hearty breakfast. I bet he stretches so he doesn't pull a hammy too.

shokosugi
1) Odin

2) Dr. Strange

3) Dr. Strange

4) Dr. Strange

Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
1. Current of both.

2. Classic of both.

3. Classic vs Current Odin.

4. Both at full power.

Who wins?

Red Hulk
Originally posted by shokosugi
1) Odin

2) Dr. Strange

3) Dr. Strange

4) Dr. Strange Lulz.

Knowsbleed33
Odin in all scenarios.

guy222
thumb up

quanchi112
Odin wins.

UKR
Skyfathers are more powerful than Strange. Thanos > herald level beings (I believe Strange is herald-level), Odin > Thanos

shokosugi
Odin is over-rated. smile

Marvelknight
Odin.

UKR
Odin is over-rated. smile

I've sometimes thought he was underrated. It seems like everyone thinks he can be beaten by pretty much any villain. In most threads people will probably claim he loses.

shokosugi
Check these out.

Dr. Strange defeating In-Betweener (above Thanos and Odin),

Dr. Strange defeating Galactus (above Odin and Thanos).

Dr. Strange also controlling the Mjolnir.

http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=strangethor9oa.jpg

Dr. Strange controls Thor's Hammer

http://img202.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ib17wg.jpg

http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ib22ut.jpg

http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ib31wr.jpg

Dr. Stranger defeats in-Betweener (with no prep)

invokes Chaos and Order

http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galacko5uf.jpg

Dr. Strange Defeating Galactus

Evaluate Strange's power by who/what he can invoke. (he can invoke dormammu, zom, chaos, order,agamotto, cytorrak, and more.)

UKR
I hope you don't honestly believe that Doctor Strange is really as high as or higher than Galactus and the In-Betweener.

shokosugi
I did not say that, although he was able to defeat both of them. check the scans. if he can invoke zom, dormammu, eye of agamotto, bands of cytorrak AND chaos AND order AND more..then (in a perfect world -ie. good writing) they're enough to defeat galactus or in-betweener.

Sr J-Bieb
So ya, bump

Harbinger
Odin for the sweep.

JakeTheBank
Odin.

long pig
Odin doesn't have the feats that Strange has, that is just fact, but he doesn't need them. He's simply just above Strange. And only a dumbass thinks Strange is herald level. He's low SF all day. But he loses this. But if he gets any prep, he wins.

SasuOna
Odin wins the first scenario and loses all the rest.
Strange at his absolute strongest is essentially stronger then the Vishanti

TricksterPriest
LP: What if he just jacks Odin's power like he did Arioch or Shuma?

zopzop
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
LP: What if he just jacks Odin's power like he did Arioch or Shuma?

Because if he could have done that to Odin he would have (see Blood and Thunder). Odin wins in ALL scenarios.

TricksterPriest
Ahem. EPIC JOBBING. He did it to Shuma-Gorath, a far more powerful entity than Odin.

zopzop
Ahem. EPIC JOBBING. He did it to Shuma-Gorath, a far more powerful entity than Odin.

The Jobbing can be debated, but Gorath is NOT more powerful than Odin. Feat wise Odin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gorath or any other demon.

Plus that was the first and only time Strange pulled such a feat and I have my doubts that will work on Odin.

shokosugi
Shuma >>> Dormy = Odin

zopzop
Shuma >>> Dormy = Odin

You got on panel proof? Otherwise it's just your opinion.

On panel Odin feats>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gorath or Dormammu.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by zopzop
The Jobbing can be debated, but Gorath is NOT more powerful than Odin. Feat wise Odin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gorath or any other demon.

Plus that was the first and only time Strange pulled such a feat and I have my doubts that will work on Odin.
erm

You got on panel proof? Otherwise it's just your opinion.

On panel Odin feats>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gorath or Dormammu.
laughing out loud

zopzop
Originally posted by Omega Vision
erm

laughing out loud

I love it, you can't provide a scan or two to counter and result to posting nonsense. Thanks for playing.

Omega Vision
I love it, you can't provide a scan or two to counter and result to posting nonsense. Thanks for playing.
Lol.

Get out of your own ass.

Shuma Gorath was so powerful that Sise-Neg had to banish him rather than destroy him outright.

Odin is not touching Shuma.

SasuOna

LOL
Man it just doesn't get anymore ridiculous then this.
Strange has stolen the power from other people besides Shuma and that wasn't the only time he did that and they sure were more powerful then Odin.

Like I said before Odin can beat current Strange but he loses all the other scenarios.

zopzop
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Lol.

Get out of your own ass.

Shuma Gorath was so powerful that Sise-Neg had to banish him rather than destroy him outright.

Odin is not touching Shuma.

You need to reread that scan then. Because Neg couldn't be bothered with Gorath and only interfered because Strange tugged at his heart strings. And what was the "awesome" Gorath doing at the time? Harassing ape men! LOL please.

zopzop
Originally posted by SasuOna
LOL
Man it just doesn't get anymore ridiculous then this.
Strange has stolen the power from other people besides Shuma and that wasn't the only time he did that and they sure were more powerful then Odin.

Like I said before Odin can beat current Strange but he loses all the other scenarios.

Then Strange forgot to use this awesome power of his vs Zom, Set, Chthon, Odin, etc...

SasuOna
Has Strange ever fought Odin? No, so you have no idea what your talking about do you.
Has Odin been shown to be equal to Dormammu? Yes, which would therefore mean Strange is a lot more powerful then Odin.

See I can play your game too

Uriel005
Damn Zop been having some serious shuma rage. Besides its a moot point. Strange calls on and channels the Vishanti simultaneously. Odin is not equal to abstracts such as they are in their home dimension.

zopzop
Originally posted by Uriel005
Damn Zop been having some serious shuma rage. Besides its a moot point. Strange calls on and channels the Vishanti simultaneously. Odin is not equal to abstracts such as they are in their home dimension.

The Gorath "rage" is because his fanboys blow up hyperbole to the level of on panel feats.

Gorath doesn't have the feats Odin has, PERIOD. Show me Gorath annihilating a galaxy then we'll talk. His highest on panel feat was making a simulacrum of Earth and even then Strange used that very same simulacrum to wtfpwn Gorath.

The one time they have a chance to really interact (Blood and Thunder) and Strange wanted NO PART of Odin. None!

Likewise with the Vishanti, what on panel feats do they have? You have Agamotto going toe to toe with Galactus for a while but Galactus didn't understand Agamotto's nature. Compare that showing to the Mephisto vs Galactus throwdown and it becomes far less impressive.

JakeTheBank
So, you're of the opinion, at least concerning the Vishanti and Shuma, it's implied power versus shown power in the case of Odin, Zop? I don't want to misunderstand you.

zopzop
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
So, you're of the opinion, at least concerning the Vishanti and Shuma, it's implied power versus shown power in the case of Odin, Zop? I don't want to misunderstand you.

Exactly.

And for those arguing that Dormammu = Odin, keep in mind Odin WANTED the "game" (aka fight they were having) to end in a stalemate. He said so on panel.

Uriel005
Exactly.

And for those arguing that Dormammu = Odin, keep in mind Odin WANTED the "game" (aka fight they were having) to end in a stalemate. He said so on panel. So by that logic Odin beats TOAA.... kk got you.

Omega Vision
There's a serious problem in only taking feats into account when you reach above Herald-Trans. An even more serious problem with seemingly only taking collateral damage feats into account.

zopzop
So by that logic Odin beats TOAA.... kk got you.

Fail more! Because being more powerful than Dormammu makes you more powerful than TOAA? Nice.

h1a8
classic strange at his best is near abstract level (if not abstract level).

Uriel005
Fail more! Because being more powerful than Dormammu makes you more powerful than TOAA? Nice. No but according to you Odin has more on panel feats...

long pig
LP: What if he just jacks Odin's power like he did Arioch or Shuma? I guess it's possible. Odin considers Dormammu (I don't and neither does Dorm. Feat wise, Odin is inferior in every way sans wisdom ). They stalemated in a fight over (i think) control of Asgard. It was an abstract fight that even Thor's mind was too small to comprehend so all he saw was a chess match. And Strange HAS taken Dorm's power, so you have a point. Me, I KNOW Strange can steal his power, but can he withstand the insane barrage of uber fastballing at him while he's stealing it? I doubt it. With prep, it's a diff story.

TricksterPriest
How powerful was Arioch in comparison to Odin? He jacked him in a snap.

Regarding Shuma; Strange said his aura pressure alone, when he was encompassing Shuma-Gorath's power, would annihilate galaxies.

And The Vishanti themselves have directly stated they will not fight Shuma-Gorath.

long pig
Odin and Dorm being called equals wasn't just that once. Odin said it years later, so did Thor and Joki. They're equal. That's fact. Nothing to argue fact wise. Opinion wise, Odin's feats aren't that good. It's laughable to say Dorm would have any trouble at all with friggin weak ass Thanos of all people. I'll say it again, Absorbing Man did way better against Odin than Thanos. I think Surfer could do very good (Better than Thanot) if not stalemate Odin for a while if it wasn't for his superman level weakness (he nearly died when a normal guy stabbed him with an enchanted dagger) to magic. Which is the only reason Odin hurt him so bad with one blast.

long pig
Arioch was a god of chaos. He didn't have a form, he did that just to humiliate Strange. He was an abstract who was stated to be omnipotent with limitless power. His power was stated to be whatever he wanted it to be. He was SG's bodyguard, which normally bodyguards are more powerful than those they guard. That may be the case with him because his power was what allowed Strange to beat SG. So yeah, he's stated as way above odin.

Uriel005
zop just thinks that on panel is the only way to go. generally i agree but when you get that far up you need to take it on a little faith when a writer says something really kind of out there because to put it on panel is a little beyond imagination IMO and if you have a galaxy buster via mere presence because reality can't handle it like Shuma how exactly do you portray the scale of power it takes to do something like that. Every god level would be invader of the universe generally has a scaled down power level because otherwise you pretty much end the universe on the spot and as such when they do invade you kind of have to take it on faith that they are as powerful as the writer says they are because there really is no other feasible context that would explain them in terms of in universe comic physics without destroying the universe.

long pig
I.....agree. Still, feats are feats. waddaya want from me?

KuRuPT Thanosi
The Strange wankery and reached new levels... He has ZERO chance against Odin on this forum. Sure in a comic he'll get an amp from an OUTSIDE source or use prep or just HAVE TO save the day being the hero of the comic.. but on the forum.. the get shit stomped with ease. Strange is no match for Thanos.. let alone Odin.

SasuOna
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
The Strange wankery and reached new levels... He has ZERO chance against Odin on this forum. Sure in a comic he'll get an amp from an OUTSIDE source or use prep or just HAVE TO save the day being the hero of the comic.. but on the forum.. the get shit stomped with ease. Strange is no match for Thanos.. let alone Odin.

You keep crying about Thanos not being able to beat Strange when everyone else agreed that Strange would stomp him but now you think the person who actually lost to Thanos would stomp Strange.........LOL you are just so backwards

Also in regards to Odin's power we should make him fight someone like Zom seeing as he has better feats on panel he must be able to stomp every abstract or mystical entity he goes up against

Uriel005
The Strange wankery and reached new levels... He has ZERO chance against Odin on this forum. Sure in a comic he'll get an amp from an OUTSIDE source or use prep or just HAVE TO save the day being the hero of the comic.. but on the forum.. the get shit stomped with ease. Strange is no match for Thanos.. let alone Odin. Vishanti amp > Odin+destroyer. Also the channeling is part of his powerset as Sorceror supreme. What you're saying if I understand you correctly is that he must use only his powers. That's like saying Iron Man doesn't get his suit in a fight or in-betweener gets only what he is capable of without order and chaos backing him.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You keep crying about Thanos not being able to beat Strange when everyone else agreed that Strange would stomp him but now you think the person who actually lost to Thanos would stomp Strange.........LOL you are just so backwards

Also in regards to Odin's power we should make him fight someone like Zom seeing as he has better feats on panel he must be able to stomp every abstract or mystical entity he goes up against

Everyone agreed LOL LOL. Who.. Nihi and Long Pig.. sorry but out of context scans and him getting an amp to beat people THE COMIC MAKES CLEAR IS WELL BEYOND HIM doesn't impress me. Not only is it an outside amp or prep but it's a matter of strange simply having to win to save the universe. Strange words made it clear.. He is NO MATCH for Thanos.. straight from the horses mouth. Yet you think he has a chance against someone who beat Thanos... LOL LMAO

JakeTheBank
Question for anyone who feels like answering:

Can Strange beat Odin under his power in your opinion? Ie. without petitioning/summoning other beings to do so?

kgkg
Originally posted by long pig
waddaya want from me? You don't want to know.

Mindset
laughing out loud

zopzop
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Question for anyone who feels like answering:

Can Strange beat Odin under his power in your opinion? Ie. without petitioning/summoning other beings to do so?

No, dude even petitioning/summoning he can't.

Gorath is a NOTHING. He's never fought another abstract, demon lord, or god that I'm aware of. Strange has kicked his ass EVERY SINGLE TIME they fought.

The one time when Strange and Odin had a chance to go at it, Strange wanted no part of him! Only Thanos had the guts to stand against him.

Strange has failed SPECTACULARLY vs Set, a shackled Zom, and one or two more that escape me at the moment. And this was CLASSIC Strange.

Odin has more impressive on panel displays of power than any being I mentioned above and then some. Odin stomps Strange with or without backing.

zopzop
He is NO MATCH for Thanos.. straight from the horses mouth. Yet you think he has a chance against someone who beat Thanos... LOL LMAO

This is what happens when you ignore on panel feats and statements and make up stories based on how YOU feel the story should go. Like you said, on panel Strange said he and Adam didn't have the power to separate Thanos/Surfer going at it (happened during the Infinity Gauntlet Saga).

SasuOna

Strange has failed SPECTACULARLY vs Set, a shackled Zom, and one or two more that escape me at the moment. And this was CLASSIC Strange.

Odin has more impressive on panel displays of power than any being I mentioned above and then some. Odin stomps Strange with or without backing.
LOL you are just so wrong all the time you don't know what your talking about

Hes never fought Set that was sligguth and even then he didn't lose like you seem to think, he fought Zom when he was only a disciple not the same thing as fighting classic strange at his full power, and you have no idea about the other two entities because its never happened unless your talking about when the Ancient One saved Strange from Eternity by beating him himself.

KuRuPT Thanosi
This is what happens when you ignore on panel feats and statements and make up stories based on how YOU feel the story should go. Like you said, on panel Strange said he and Adam didn't have the power to separate Thanos/Surfer going at it (happened during the Infinity Gauntlet Saga).

That isn't at all what happened. You need to think before posting. Strange said surfer was the only one who has a chance to stop Thanos. Trying reading my post.. then comics in question.. then you'll have a better idea before posting.

Sr J-Bieb
That isn't at all what happened. You need to think before posting. Strange said surfer was the only one who has a chance to stop Thanos. Trying reading my post.. then comics in question.. then you'll have a better idea before posting. He was agreeing with you...

And I wish I never bumped this thread now. This thread reminds of a time when no one had a scanner, and people just made shit up. Like going back and re reading threads from 2003. Ugh

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
He was agreeing with you...

And I wish I never bumped this thread now. This thread reminds of a time when no one had a scanner, and people just made shit up. Like going back and re reading threads from 2003. Ugh

Guess I just glanced over his post... Come on Bran.. You love this thread.. afterall... Strange has Th3 F3atz!!!!

h1a8
No, dude even petitioning/summoning he can't.

Gorath is a NOTHING. He's never fought another abstract, demon lord, or god that I'm aware of. Strange has kicked his ass EVERY SINGLE TIME they fought.

The one time when Strange and Odin had a chance to go at it, Strange wanted no part of him! Only Thanos had the guts to stand against him.

Strange at his best is universal level. That means he's abstract level.
He went toe to toe with the IG and lasted a decent amount of time.

You can't judge characters based off their low feats. Even PC Superman has low feats. The best we have Odin doing is HELPING to destroy a galaxy. This is a rare feat by Odin. Yet many are using it as his base. Well in that case we must Dr. Strange at his highest. That means abstract level. Classic Strange at his best >>>>Odin easily.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by h1a8
Strange at his best is universal level. That means he's abstract level.
He went toe to toe with the IG and lasted a decent amount of time.

You can't judge characters based off their low feats. Even PC Superman has low feats. The best we have Odin doing is HELPING to destroy a galaxy. This is a rare feat by Odin. Yet many are using it as his base. Well in that case we must Dr. Strange at his highest. That means abstract level. Classic Strange at his best >>>>Odin easily. http://i53.tinypic.com/9v8vae.gif

zopzop
LOL you are just so wrong all the time you don't know what your talking about

Hes never fought Set that was sligguth and even then he didn't lose like you seem to think, he fought Zom when he was only a disciple not the same thing as fighting classic strange at his full power, and you have no idea about the other two entities because its never happened unless your talking about when the Ancient One saved Strange from Eternity by beating him himself.

No trust me you are dead wrong. Strange fought Set twice and twice he FAILED. First time was in Marvel Team-Up Annual 5, he admitted he couldn't do jack vs him. The only way Set was beaten was by Strange, Scarlet Witch and Spiderman combining their wills and using the power of the Cosmic Cube to destroy the Serpent Crown and prevent Set from coming to Earth.

The second time they fought was during the Atlantis Attacks story arc. Thor, Strange, Quasar and Thing were getting owned so bad Thor ran for his life and tried to get Gaea then later on Atum to help.

When he fought a SHACKLED Zom, Strange had the power of the Ancient One too. It was Strange with the Ancient Ones power vs a shackled Zom. The Living Tribunal shows up and saves Strange's ass.

zopzop
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
He was agreeing with you...

Am I wrong? I clearly remember Thanos and Surfer throwing down and Strange or Warlock commenting they didn't have the power to break them up and Strange got Drax/Firelord and some others to break up the fight.

SasuOna
Your talking about the serpent crown thats not Set

BattleMage
Damn goood fight, Odin ftw

Black bolt z
Odin stomps.

CosmicComet
Classic Strange easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Classic Strange easy peasy lemon squeezy. no expression

long pig
This is not a easy win for either one of them. But odin wins.

long pig
ok, let's go by what by characters say. Eternity says Strange is the most powerful humanoid in existance. Thanos is humanoid, so Strange>thanos The Stranger says Strange is as powerful as an abstract so that must mean Strange>everyone not an abstract, right?

psycho gundam
ok, let's go by what by characters say. Eternity says Strange is the most powerful humanoid in existance. Thanos is humanoid, so Strange>thanos The Stranger says Strange is as powerful as an abstract so that must mean Strange>everyone not an abstract, right?

This is not a easy win for either one of them. But odin wins.

long pig
No trust me you are dead wrong. Strange fought Set twice and twice he FAILED. First time was in Marvel Team-Up Annual 5, he admitted he couldn't do jack vs him. The only way Set was beaten was by Strange, Scarlet Witch and Spiderman combining their wills and using the power of the Cosmic Cube to destroy the Serpent Crown and prevent Set from coming to Earth.

The second time they fought was during the Atlantis Attacks story arc. Thor, Strange, Quasar and Thing were getting owned so bad Thor ran for his life and tried to get Gaea then later on Atum to help.

You don't know what you're talking about. He fought set when he lost all his powers and books. Didn't even have the vishanti. Strange was the only reason Set was unable to enter this dimension. Strange banished him centuries before and Set was unable to break his spell. When Strange was stripped of his power, the spell broke. Current strange is more powerful than that strange. getit?

long pig
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Someone doesn't understand sarcasm or who i was talking to/about.

zopzop
You don't know what you're talking about. He fought set when he lost all his powers and books. Didn't even have the vishanti. Strange was the only reason Set was unable to enter this dimension. Strange banished him centuries before and Set was unable to break his spell. When Strange was stripped of his power, the spell broke. Current strange is more powerful than that strange. getit?

Wrong. The first time they fought Strange had all his artifacts (not that it helped because he needed them AND the cosmic cube). This was in Marvel Team-Up Annual 5 (1982). Strange lost his artifacts rather than have them fall to Urthona in Dr. Strange 81 (1987). Strange was powerless vs Set.

The second time he encountered Set was in Thor Annual 14 (1989), I don't remember if this took place before Strange got his artifacts back. I'll have to look this up.

long pig
Wrong. The first time they fought Strange had all his artifacts (not that it helped because he needed them AND the cosmic cube). This was in Marvel Team-Up Annual 5 (1982). Strange lost his artifacts rather than have them fall to Urthona in Dr. Strange 81 (1987). Strange was powerless vs Set.

The second time he encountered Set was in Thor Annual 14 (1989), I don't remember if this took place before Strange got his artifacts back. I'll have to look this up. In everyone of those books Strange wasn't at full power. He was either not yet Sorcerer Supreme, stripped by the AO or abandoned by the vishanti or lost artifacts. full power Strange beats Set. 30 seconds of prep and Strange beats Odin.

SasuOna
zopzop is talking about the serpent crown which is what it was noted to be in the storyline. All the serpent crown's in the multiverse were present in that storyline so that Set could manifest in the physical world.

Strange made a comment that his magics couldn't effect the metal shell(because his physical body had a serpent crown on) of the crowns surrounding set not set's actual body which you should understand since it was Strange who exorcised his essence at the end of the same story.

The only thing they used a cosmic cube to do in that storyline was destroy all the serpent crown's they still needed to get rid of Set's essence which was still in the physical realm.

So yeah Set is shit and Strange could have stomped him if not for the PIS of his physical body already being under Set's influence.

Uriel005
zopzop is talking about the serpent crown which is what it was noted to be in the storyline. All the serpent crown's in the multiverse were present in that storyline so that Set could manifest in the physical world.

Strange made a comment that his magics couldn't effect the metal shell(because his physical body had a serpent crown on) of the crowns surrounding set not set's actual body which you should understand since it was Strange who exorcised his essence at the end of the same story.

The only thing they used a cosmic cube to do in that storyline was destroy all the serpent crown's they still needed to get rid of Set's essence which was still in the physical realm.

So yeah Set is shit and Strange could have stomped him if not for the PIS of his physical body already being under Set's influence. Also consider the fight between strange and inbetweener. That was rape on a stick with nails driven through it covered in rust and aids. That Strange would beat Odin with an ugly stick just for lulz.

zopzop
In everyone of those books Strange wasn't at full power. He was either not yet Sorcerer Supreme, stripped by the AO or abandoned by the vishanti or lost artifacts. full power Strange beats Set. 30 seconds of prep and Strange beats Odin.

Dude you are 100% wrong. He wasn't stripped of anything. It even made it clear in the Atlantis Attacks storyline later that WHEN Strange lost his artifacts the spell he used to banish Set (by tapping into the Cosmic Cube too) was weakened.

He HAD his artifacts AND the power of a cosmic cube backed by the wills of the Thing, Spiderman and the Scarlett Witch.

zopzop

So yeah Set is shit and Strange could have stomped him if not for the PIS of his physical body already being under Set's influence.

Strange powerless before the Crown and about to get owned :
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/425/marvelteamupannual19823.th.jpg

The four of them using the Cosmic Cube to hold Set off while Strange casts his spell :
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/425/marvelteamupannual19823.th.jpg

Admitting the Cube was the key to victory and suggesting they used up all it's power in the process :
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/2653/marvelteamupannual19824.th.jpg

SasuOna
Now zopzop is making stuff up now the fact that your basically posting a scan of the serpent crown attacking Strange and failing to hurt him in any significant way is even more of a joke.

No where in those scan does it say they are using the cosmic cubes power to banish set? Strange is using a spell to exorcise Set while the cosmic cube is protecting them so they won't be possessed by set.

The next page they state that the cube was taxed due to overuse and subsequently destroyed. They used the cube once to destroy Set's body and again to protect their minds from being possessed by set.

You would think that if the cosmic cube could banish set they would have done that since on the page before it was able to destroy his body.

zopzop
The events from Marvel Team-up Annual mentioned above were retold in the Atlantis Attacks backstories by Uatu and Gaea :

Strange powerless before the Crown and about to be enslaved by it :
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/5861/51128320.th.jpg

Strange drawing upon the power of the Cube to cast his exorcism spell :
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/5269/87074481.th.jpg

He needed his artifacts AND the power of the Cube to banish Set. Strange will get stomped by Odin whose is more powerful than Set.

zopzop
Now zopzop is making stuff up now

No where in those scan does it say they are using the cosmic cubes power to banish set? Strange is using a spell to exorcise Set while the cosmic cube is protecting them so they won't be possessed by set.

The next page they state that the cube was taxed due to overuse and subsequently destroyed. They used the cube once to destroy Set's body and again to protect their minds from being possessed by set.

You would think that if the cosmic cube could banish set they would have done that since on the page before it was able to destroy his body.
I wasn't finished with the scans. The fight is retold in more detail in the Atlantis Attacks backstories.

They didn't destroy Set's body you illiterate. They destroyed the gigantic Serpent Crown.

The fact that it took the Cube AND Strange backed by the power of his artifacts to merely banish Set tells you all you need to know. Strange has no chance vs Odin.

King Kandy
How about the time Full-Power Strange was easily defeated by Dracula?

zopzop
Originally posted by King Kandy
How about the time Full-Power Strange was easily defeated by Dracula?

Thank you King Kandy. Strange has no chance here.

SasuOna
Maybe you should read the whole issue again so you can understand what actually happened.

Once again you are the only person saying that is Set.
I said from the start that this was the serpent crown which you ignored as I recall you were saying this was actually Set they were fighting when you initially brought this up.

When I explained the premise of the story and the bits you are leaving out to try and play up what happened in the story you again fall back to untruths after you just posted what happened in the story.

It was even explained that while putting on the serpent crown it is drawing away your energy to summon set in this storyline(one of his acolytes mentioned we now give set what he gave us as they took of all the crowns) which would subsequently make the Serpent crown body immune to those powers that it had already absorbed. Strange's coporeal body had on the crown while he was in his astral form before all this even happened.

So how your getting the BS that Strange can't regularly hurt Set or the serpent crown's body is you relying on PIS.

LOL at Strange losing to Dracula if you actually read that issue all we saw of there fight was Dracula biting Strange at the beginning of an issue but then Dracula ends up losing to vampire Strange so moot point is moot.

zopzop
Maybe you should read the whole issue again so you can understand what actually happened.

Once again you are the only person saying that is Set.
I said from the start that this was the serpent crown which you ignored as I recall you were saying this was actually Set they were fighting when you initially brought this up.

When I explained the premise of the story and the bits you are leaving out to try and play up what happened in the story you again fall back to untruths after you just posted what happened in the story.

It was even explained that while putting on the serpent crown it is drawing away your energy to summon set in this storyline(one of his acolytes mentioned we now give set what he gave us as they took of all the crowns) which would subsequently make the Serpent crown body immune to those powers that it had already absorbed. Strange's coporeal body had on the crown while he was in his astral form before all this even happened.

So how your getting the BS that Strange can't regularly hurt Set or the serpent crown's body is you relying on PIS.

LOL at Strange losing to Dracula if you actually read that issue all we saw of there fight was Dracula biting Strange at the beginning of an issue but then Dracula ends up losing to vampire Strange so moot point is moot.

WOW, this whole post is full of fail. Strange was POWERLESS against the Serpent Crown which is merely a vessel of Set's power. He was no match for the Crown let alone the Creator of the Crown. If it wasn't for the Cube (which apparently burnt itself out dealing with Set) they would have all been dead. It's mentioned on the scans I provided; Both in the original Marvel Team-up story AND in the retelling in Atlantis Attacks.

How about you provide scans disputing these facts instead of running your mouth?

Uriel005
WOW, this whole post is full of fail. Strange was POWERLESS against the Serpent Crown which is merely a vessel of Set's power. He was no match for the Crown let alone the Creator of the Crown. If it wasn't for the Cube (which apparently burnt itself out dealing with Set) they would have all been dead. It's mentioned on the scans I provided; Both in the original Marvel Team-up story AND in the retelling in Atlantis Attacks.

How about you provide scans disputing these facts instead of running your mouth? So your saying that Set would own In-betweener.

zopzop
So your saying that Set would own In-betweener.

I'm saying every time Set has fought Strange, Strange either lost or needed massive outside help in order to deal with him.

This isn't even disputable.

SasuOna
Did Strange ever lose to Set? I'm still looking for the issue where you said hes lost Iv'e yet to find it.

Strange had no problem beating Sliguth(who is supposed to be Set's son) while shuma was lending him power or any of the eldrich beings that Shuma Gorath was lending his power to before this storyline.

So the fact that your argument hinges on a storyline thats basis is PIS and even more hilarious has been retconned from the original on panel showing is stupid.

Shuma>>>>>>>>>Set by a great deal and Strange beat him while he was trying to manifest himself in the Ancient One similarly to how Set was manifesting in this issue without a cosmic cube but all of a sudden that would be invalidated by by the fact that the Serpent Crown was made immune to Strange's powers? Nah I actually read Dr Strange to know better then to think something so stupid would matter against an unrestricted Strange.

zopzop
Did Strange ever lose to Set? I'm still looking for the issue where you said hes lost Iv'e yet to find it.

Strange had no problem beating Sliguth(who is supposed to be Set's son) while shuma was lending him power or any of the eldrich beings that Shuma Gorath was lending his power to before this storyline.

So the fact that your argument hinges on a storyline thats basis is PIS and even more hilarious has been retconned from the original on panel showing is stupid.

Shuma>>>>>>>>>Set by a great deal and Strange beat him while he was trying to manifest himself in the Ancient One similarly to how Set was manifesting in this issue without a cosmic cube but all of a sudden that would be invalidated by by the fact that the Serpent Crown was made immune to Strange's powers? Nah I actually read Dr Strange to know better then to think something so stupid would matter against an unrestricted Strange.

My slow witted friend. Strange has never beaten Set and was about to die twice against him if someone didn't pull his fat out of the fire. This was shown on panel not once but twice. It was stated by Strange himself AND the narrator.

Shuma >>>>>Set? What Gods, demon lords or other abstracts has Shuma fought? Every time Strange and Shuma fought, Shuma lost. Strange never beat Set, EVER.

batdude123
If we totally exclude Dr. Strange's low showings/average showings, then yeah, he may have a shot at taking on Odin. Problem is, he has too many mediocre/low showings to make me think Odin wouldn't just stomp here.

h1a8
I don't consider low showings but only high ones (except PIS high ones) since characters are at full capacity and are fighting at their best ability
AS SHOWN BEFORE.

Thus Strange wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Strange doesn't take the majority. I don't understand how anyone who has read his comics can believe he can unless he has some time to prepare, bring out artifacts etc.

And for the record, Strange has a pretty sizable amount lot of low/mediocre showings to just have them be discounted. Hell, Bendis alone has probably written enough to balance off all of his higher end feats.

It doesn't really help that Odin is also an extremely talented sorcerer along with having immense power reserves.

shokosugi
Originally posted by batdude123
If we totally exclude Dr. Strange's low showings/average showings, then yeah, he may have a shot at taking on Odin. Problem is, he has too many mediocre/low showings to make me think Odin wouldn't just stomp here.

Odin's got a few low showings as well like getting eaten by a f'in dog and getting enslaved by a bunch of over-grown ants.

Odin's over-rated.

long pig
Dude you are 100% wrong. He wasn't stripped of anything. It even made it clear in the Atlantis Attacks storyline later that WHEN Strange lost his artifacts the spell he used to banish Set (by tapping into the Cosmic Cube too) was weakened.

. Wrong. you sir, are a liar. The only reason Seth was able to enter this dimension, as well as vampires existing on earth, was fully because Strange was not at full power. It's even in set's bio. He was only full for a while because fullpower Strange is invincible. Full power Strange is when he has ALL the artifacts, the vishanti, is sorcerer Supreme and the AO is dead, NOT master of the mystic arts and the AO alive. The AO gave ALL his power to Strange when he died, which litterally made him thousands of times more powerful. Every set appearance DS was either not SS, Did not have the AO's power or his artifacts or the vishanti. SET CAN NOT ENTER THIS DIMENSION WHILE THERE'S A FULL POWERED SS. END!

long pig
So stupid. They DID go into Set's own dimension once, he that's what you're talking about. He's omnipotent in it, so of course anyone would have a hard time with a SF in thier own realm. This fight doesn't happen in asgard. So it's irrelevant. I hate liars. Especially liars with a smart mouth. Anyway, according to Strange himself, as long as he is full powered there are no vampires. So, if you have a feat and don't know if it was full powered Strange, ask yourself if Vampires existed at the time the feat took place. If so, he's not at full power.

long pig
I agree Strange can't beat Odin. But if you're saying Odin stomps him, you're wrong. And if you don't think Doc can beat Odin with prep, you're ****ing crazy.

long pig
Originally posted by batdude123
If we totally exclude Dr. Strange's low showings/average showings, then yeah, he may have a shot at taking on Odin. Problem is, he has too many mediocre/low showings to make me think Odin wouldn't just stomp here. Full powered Strange has a bunch of low showings? No. No he does not. You probably can't name one.

zopzop
Wrong. you sir, are a liar. The only reason Seth was able to enter this dimension, as well as vampires existing on earth, was fully because Strange was not at full power. It's even in set's bio. He was only full for a while because fullpower Strange is invincible. Full power Strange is when he has ALL the artifacts, the vishanti, is sorcerer Supreme and the AO is dead, NOT master of the mystic arts and the AO alive. The AO gave ALL his power to Strange when he died, which litterally made him thousands of times more powerful. Every set appearance DS was either not SS, Did not have the AO's power or his artifacts or the vishanti. SET CAN NOT ENTER THIS DIMENSION WHILE THERE'S A FULL POWERED SS. END!

What are you talking about? Strange, when he fought Set in Marvel Team-up Annual, HAD all his artifacts. They weren't destroyed till YEARS afterward. Not that they helped him because he STILL needed the power of the Cosmic Cube to bolster his spell.

It was stated on panel that Strange had no chance vs Set if it wasn't for the Cube not once but twice. Once in the original story publish in 1982 and the second time in the retelling in 1989. I even provided the scans for you.

The second time they fought was when Strange lacked his artifacts and the Cosmic Cube in the Atlantis Attacks story arc.

You are either illiterate or trolling.

long pig
Why is it you ignore the parts that prove you wrong. Answer me this, was Strange the Sorcerer Supreme and was The AO alive at the time of Marvel Team Up Annual 5? The answer destroys your argument that Strange was full powered which is why you won't answer this. You're just wrong or a liar.

long pig
What does any of this have to do with the thread?

zopzop
Why is it you ignore the parts that prove you wrong. Answer me this, was Strange the Sorcerer Supreme and was The AO alive at the time of Marvel Team Up Annual 5? The answer destroys your argument that Strange was full powered which is why you won't answer this. You're just wrong or a liar.

What parts am I ignoring? I even GAVE YOU the issue numbers so you can check them for yourself. This is what you said :

I TOLD YOU that the AO's death and Dr. Strange's ascension to Sorcerer Supreme took place in Marvel Premiere #9-#11 these were published in 1973. Strange lost his artifacts in Dr Strange #81 published in 1987. Strange confronted Set in Marvel Team up Annual #5 published in 1982!

In 1982 AO is dead, Strange is SS, AND he still had ALL his artifacts! Yet even then he was helpless before Set and had to draw power from the Cosmic Cube to amp his exorcism spell (apparently they burnt out the Cube in the process) and it was stated that the Cube was the key to victory both in the original story AND in the retelling during 1989 Atlantis Attacks.

Despite this and the scans backing it up you still prattle on with your BS.

As to the point of all this? Odin > Set and we all saw Set >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Strange. So Odin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Strange. Odin stomps any Strange 10/10.

King Kandy
Full powered Strange has a bunch of low showings? No. No he does not. You probably can't name one.
How about the time Dracula easily defeated him? Or Silver Dagger almost killing him with a thrown knife that went through his forcefield like butter?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Remember the time he was beat down by some hypnotized goons? They literally walked into his house and pushed his shit in, then stole a magical artifact from him.

He was also tabbed by Echo, unable to cure cancer (I think it was a result of magic however), helpless when a plane was falling, and a Mage -Hulk's friend IIRC- broke into his house without much effort IIRC.

Doom and some robots once took him down albeit he was surprised. Didn't Peter knock him out with a vase before? I also believe he broke into his house and took him down while Strange was a werewolf or some such.

I think it was stated at one point that Strange is useless against technology or what not.

King Kandy
Also there was the time Satan pulled him into Hell and he spent the better part of an issue getting toyed with and helpless, even though he eventually figured it out, not a great feat for someone who's supposedly skyfather+.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I remember that.

Didn't he also run away from a group of frost giants and fire demons during one of the Infinity sagas? Kind of hazy on this one; I think he teleported to the Asgardian realms to get Masterson for the main battle.

IIRC, he also admitted to be unable to separate Thanos and Surfer, admitted inferiority to Thanos in some way, was completely stripped of his power by either an Odin enchanted sword or the World Tree while admitting that it was a magical power beyond his own, nearly popped his head while tapping into the power of the Wrecking Crew, was unable to reverse a spell by the Enchantress that turned the Black Knight into stone despite his best efforts, owned by a spirit of Loki that had only a fraction of his full power although this was before the Ancient One died and his power was added to Strange's.

I beat there's a few more if I dig.

SasuOna

In 1982 AO is dead, Strange is SS, AND he still had ALL his artifacts! Yet even then he was helpless before Set and had to draw power from the Cosmic Cube to amp his exorcism spell (apparently they burnt out the Cube in the process) and it was stated that the Cube was the key to victory both in the original story AND in the retelling during 1989 Atlantis Attacks.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Strange. So Odin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Strange. Odin stomps any Strange 10/10.

Because you of course are ignoring the fact that the Serpent Men had Strange physical body and were able to put a serpent crown on it and take unknown amount of power from his prone body before his astral form joined with it again. This was even said by one of the serpent men but you apparently don't know this because you never actually read said story besides the scans of Set appearing.

Besides that you are also making up the fact that Strange needed to cosmic cube to exorcise Set which wasn't what happened in the story and is only incorrectly said in a recap which still isn't proof enough to say how Strange needs a cosmic cube to defeat Set. You yourself are also ignorant of the fact that they used the cube twice in said storyline which makes me believe you have no idea what your talking about by saying that they only used it to exorcise Set.

So yeah all this BS about Set>>>>>>>>Strange is a delusion that you seem to not be able to back up let alone show how your whole reasoning behind it is PIS as well as the notion that Strange has been saved by Set from anyone but himself multiple times which is a lie.

Why couldn't Set kill Scarlett Witch and The Thing before Set ate Spidey with the cosmic cube?
Are you telling me that, that serpent crown body which wasn't even able to kill a mage weaker then Strange is somehow superior to him? Why is the Thing still alive?

Harbinger
Originally posted by h1a8
I don't consider low showings but only high ones (except PIS high ones) since characters are at full capacity and are fighting at their best ability
AS SHOWN BEFORE.

Thus Strange wins. lol, just making it up as we go along?

h1a8
Originally posted by Harbinger
lol, just making it up as we go along?

Not really. Strange at his best easily wins. He's Abstract level.

long pig
No no no, dude. full powered or not, Strange can't beat Odin without prep. Even then, not easy. Set, he could beat fullpowered without prep. Not in his own dimension where he is omnipotent, but in a neutral place as per 'da rules. But Odin is a different animal. eos. Stop arguing he can beat him dude.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Pig saying Strange loses is like Quan saying Thanos losses (We can hope), Philo saying Superman loses or Dmills taking off his Nova Shades. *Insert Thor joke*

Those type of admissions should basically end discussions in favor of aforementioned characters.

long pig
laughing out loud I poked the Thanos fanboys and it's been hilarious ever since. The've declared a Thanos fatwa on me. I feel like Salmon Rushdi of the vs forum. Thanboys, i call 'em.

long pig
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Pig saying Strange loses is like Quan saying Thanos losses (We can hope), Philo saying Superman loses or Dmills taking off his Nova Shades. *Insert Thor joke*

Those type of admissions should basically end discussions in favor of aforementioned characters. You dick. Don't lump my faux nutthuggering with those mentally ill degenerates.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.