how long has it been

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Knightfa11
since you watched episode 1?

queeq
I think about a year or so.

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
I think about a year or so.

That is bad...watch it again now!

lol

It has been about 6 months myself.

Lord Knightfa11
lol almost 2 years if you don't count the other month when i waved goodbye to it while flipping channels.

sweersa
Now I have to watch it three times to make up for these tragedies...

Lord Knightfa11
kthxbai

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
since you watched episode 1? Not long enough

sweersa
Originally posted by The Grey Fox
Not long enough

Some people can't handle too much.

Chewy07

About 18 months.

sweersa
lol

How long has it been sense you watched any SW film in full?

Me: A while to be honest. I have seen them so many times.

Chewy07
I watched ANH, ESB, ROTJ and ROTS last weekend.

sweersa
Originally posted by Chewy07
I watched ANH, ESB, ROTJ and ROTS last weekend.

Nice.

When all nine episodes finally come out on blu-ray I will have one heck of a party.

Jack Daniels
couple weeks...we watch them all at least monthly...actually atoc is the least watched around here cause the best damn part is yoda fighting and rots (yoda emperor) is better...got free tickets to see spiderman cause yoda fight scene blinked out for a few everybody was pissed...anyways is good night to watch episode 1 again..lol

sweersa
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
couple weeks...we watch them all at least monthly...actually atoc is the least watched around here cause the best damn part is yoda fighting and rots (yoda emperor) is better...got free tickets to see spiderman cause yoda fight scene blinked out for a few everybody was pissed...anyways is good night to watch episode 1 again..lol

Hehe. Are you sure you didn't pass out? :P

THE JLRTENJAC

About a month or so... I decided to watch all the Star Wars Movies through again from Episode 4 all the way to Episode 3.

Needless to say, I won't be watching it or 2 for awhile.

Originally posted by sweersa
Nice.

When all nine episodes finally come out on blu-ray I will have one heck of a party.

9?

Jack Daniels
Hehe. Are you sure you didn't pass out? :P
normally I would wonder and ponder on that but no way ...I was there seeking fullfillment the screen went blank but we had sound...I did pass out during ironman and hulk2 though..lol

sweersa
Originally posted by THE JLRTENJAC
]

9?

Sorry, I didn't mean to pull a George Lucas on you mate.

sweersa
Sorry, I didn't mean to pull a George Lucas on you mate.

normally I would wonder and ponder on that but no way ...I was there seeking fullfillment the screen went blank but we had sound...I did pass out during ironman and hulk2 though..lol

Hehe. Once while watching Episode I at the theatre the audio started messing up.

Nactous

Ah, I didn't know what you were going to ask!!! confused

Jack Daniels
how long has it been? I just asked wifey and she grabbed her boob and told me to shut up........? damn...now there is a bra commercial playing...hahahaha

sweersa
how long has it been? I just asked wifey and she grabbed her boob and told me to shut up........? damn...now there is a bra commercial playing...hahahaha

Hahaha!

Jack Daniels
there really was a bra commercial playing

sweersa
there really was a bra commercial playing

I believe you.

Jack Daniels
okay I like this thread....haha..it has only been about 4 hours ...wait we were talking about star wars werent we..lol(happened right b4 watching new hulk movie...woohoo!!) I got her a puppy 2day so I knew I was gettin lucky! (gotta love being married sometimes!)

Jack Daniels
2 hours

Jack Daniels
she wants me to shave? wonder if I get her a new puppy again I wont have to shave?

queeq
Will the puppy be shaven?

Jack Daniels
sounds like a good trade off...well not for the puppy..lol

sweersa
Will the puppy be shaven?

I think he will shave his own dog.

queeq
Oh? You're sure about that?

Jack Daniels
okay 2 much...the madness has to end..lol.. guess Im gonna shave (my beard) after I give wifey a few good whiskey rubs..er I mean whisker rubs...hehe

sweersa
Oh? You're sure about that?

Can't hurt to ask...

Jack Daniels
shame on u sweers

queeq
Sahem on sweersa? Have you seen your sig and avatar lately? wink

Jack Daniels
It's not my fault!

sweersa
Hahaha. These forums are rated PG-13 now buddy becuase of you.

queeq
Thanks, JD...

Jack Daniels
I conversed with google..lol...??it doesnt say anything bad about us?...u guys r messin with me??????right??

Jack Daniels
I took down the sig sad

Lord Knightfa11
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

sweersa
Thank you.

Lord Knightfa11
hahaha sweers i am the winner.

Jack Daniels
friggin right!

queeq
I took down the sig sad

Why oh why....?

Jack Daniels
hehe Its all sweersa's fault..lol..really I just want to make a milk bar sig and leave it permanently ...u know in case I die from all the drinkin..(thats suppose to make everyone feel bad and contribute) seriously though I been here a few years never strayed to any other forum...and pledged my allegiance to Queeq! so it would be kewl...let the milkbar ...ummm what do we do?? band 2gether...drink 2gether ahh lets just make a sig 2gether! and drink 2 getherbeer drunk

sweersa
hahaha sweers i am the winner.

The winner who spelled my name wrong. Tell the nerd who made your sig to stop using paint as well. It reflects his intellectual ability.

queeq
Which sig: the boob sig or the old KMC one?

Jack Daniels
? no I want to make a milkbar gang sig..or were you talking to someone else...Im lost

sweersa
Which sig: the boob sig or the old KMC one?

The one with the girl in the revealing red dress that spells my name "swears."

Jack Daniels
maybe that just means you make him curse alot..lol

queeq
Which he does.

Jack Daniels
he's innocent?..lol

sweersa
Which he does.

big grin

Jack Daniels
wont be long now I shaved big grin

queeq
We don't need to know the details.

Jack Daniels
I didnt shave the dog dude!..lol...oh wait u didnt care to hear that oops..lol

queeq
You shaved a dog?????? You're silly.

Jack Daniels
hell no that new dog is mostly pit they remember stuff hes gotta like me so I dont have to kick his butt...pit bulls r mean and I only took this one in cuz he has a bit of lab...sweet pup but already showing the mean pit...hes fallen in love with my kid though small pup but already protective of my youngin willing to fight neighbor dogs 2 protect her at bus stop...Im happy so far..very vocal too...territory wise he doesnt wander when we let him loose
edit: I will try to get wifey to take a pic of him..his name is scrappy doo looks alot like the one from the scooby doo movie...hes gonna get bigger though

sweersa
hell no that new dog is mostly pit they remember stuff hes gotta like me so I dont have to kick his butt...pit bulls r mean and I only took this one in cuz he has a bit of lab...sweet pup but already showing the mean pit...hes fallen in love with my kid though small pup but already protective of my youngin willing to fight neighbor dogs 2 protect her at bus stop...Im happy so far..very vocal too...territory wise he doesnt wander when we let him loose
edit: I will try to get wifey to take a pic of him..his name is scrappy doo looks alot like the one from the scooby doo movie...hes gonna get bigger though

Awww!

queeq
Scrappy Doo....

Jack Daniels
he needs to learn to stop pooping on my porch though! that is getting annoying!!!!!!!

sweersa
he needs to learn to stop pooping on my porch though! that is getting annoying!!!!!!!

Rub his face in it next time he does it, that will teach him!

JUST KIDDING DON'T DO IT THAT IS TERRIBLE!

queeq
Scrappy Doo.

Ordo
This thread is annoying.

queeq
No clones?

But we have Scrappy Doo.

Jack Daniels
his eyes change from super bright blue to brown...that normal?
Im guessing ordo isnt a dog luver..lol

Jaeh.is.Awesome
a year or two. and that goes for all star wars movies except the clone wars one...

queeq
Scrappy Doo

Jack Daniels
forgot to take a pic of him he is changing every day..wont be long and that innocent scrappy doo look will be gone the pit bull in him is coming out...but anyway finally found memory card and card reader so I went and woke him up and snapped a picture ..dont think he was happy..lol
http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh369/supermanprime69/scrappy.jpg

sweersa
Hahaha. He looks pissed.

He is a cutie though!

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Hahaha. He looks pissed.

He is a cutie though!

...the first sentence is all you.

I'm having trouble with the next one - it sounds so... weird.

queeq
Scrappy Doo.

sweersa
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome

I'm having trouble with the next one - it sounds so... weird.

Why?

queeq
Next dog?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Why?

It just... does.

does it have to have a reason?

sweersa
It just... does.

does it have to have a reason?

Yeah, by saying the dog is a cutie I am saying it is cute, becuase, look at it, it is a cute little puppy. lol

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Yeah, by saying the dog is a cutie I am saying it is cute, becuase, look at it, it is a cute little puppy. lol

I wasn't saying it isn't... it just sounded weird. the sentence, that is. stick out tongue

queeq
It did. But so did the dog's name: Scrappy Doo.

sweersa
I wasn't saying it isn't... it just sounded weird. the sentence, that is. stick out tongue

Sorry, sometimes you will have to excuse my impulse base sentence structures. Hehe.

Jack Daniels
friend brought a full blooded pit over the other day...man they hit it off good...same pink nose etc...but as this one is growing everyone can see the lab coming out too...hes gonna be huge...you cant see it in that pic but his front paws are giant..his bark has gone super deep bark...hes gonna be scary! and he is getting smart too..no training just is listening now...wifey first time she tried has him shaking with his paw..he sits..he stays...tell him to goto the porch he goes...u just say porch and point he goes...gotta be the lab in him..he even has quit pooping on the porch! Im happy with him so far hes not to mixed or inbred retarded anything like that...via another good walmart dog..lol..

Jack Daniels
its been 19 hours since...hehe....but to be back on SW topic my dvd wouldnt play when we tried today..so we ended up going and seeing underworld 3 at the theatre

sweersa
its been 19 hours since...hehe....but to be back on SW topic my dvd wouldnt play when we tried today..so we ended up going and seeing underworld 3 at the theatre

Oh no! Maybe you should stop buying bootleg DVDs then. Hahaha.

Jack Daniels
maybe I can start buying from u..really though its been left sitting out to many times I think Im gonna have to buy another dvd

sweersa
maybe I can start buying from u..really though its been left sitting out to many times I think Im gonna have to buy another dvd

Sun light can do that. Yes, I may or may not invest in and own/operate a DVD bootlegging empire.

Jack Daniels
yeah anyways how much? stick out tongue

sweersa
yeah anyways how much? stick out tongue

Hehehe, on the house.

Jack Daniels
woohoo!

Daft Ada
I watched Ep 1 yesterday.

sweersa
Originally posted by Daft Ada
I watched Ep 1 yesterday.

Yay, I like that one.

Daft Ada
Yay, I like that one.

It is not my favourite, but I do not totally agree with all the bad press that it gets.

sweersa
It is not my favourite, but I do not totally agree with all the bad press that it gets.

Same here. They nailed it way too hard.

Daft Ada
Same here. They nailed it way too hard.

The thing is, they were going to react that way whether it was great or not. The critics had made their minds up long before the film was released.

sweersa
The thing is, they were going to react that way whether it was great or not. The critics had made their minds up long before the film was released.

Yeah, unfortunately people love to hate some movies regardless of their success.

Daft Ada
Yeah, unfortunately people love to hate some movies regardless of their success.

Plus, Lucas isn't as fashionable as some of the other movie makers.

Jack Daniels
on that matter you must consult spielberg or queeq ..they can help on that one..lol

queeq

Are you saying TPM was an old fart film? Sounds about right.

I always disliked TPM... too boring withn all teh senate and trade blockade stuff, taxation crap... But after ROTS came out, AOTC dropped to the bottom of SW movies and actually upped TPM a bit.

sweersa

I think people in Hollywood also have a lot against him for being independent. Lucas obviously pockets a lot of his money from his movies, and he has every right to do so as he owns so many film related companies.

queeq
True. But that still doesn't excuse him for asking us money to go and see a mediocre film.

sweersa
True. But that still doesn't excuse him for asking us money to go and see a mediocre film.

No one is forcing you to pay for it, and seeing how we all buy the DVD we really can't complain.

queeq
I can because I buy the DVD... hehehehe

sweersa
I can because I buy the DVD... hehehehe

lol Oh noes.

queeq
It entitles me to being unsatisfied.

sweersa
It entitles me to being unsatisfied.

Oh well. You had to see it in the theatre before you bought it no?

queeq
Yes, and then I bought the DVD to sulk about it more. wink

Daft Ada
I think people in Hollywood also have a lot against him for being independent. Lucas obviously pockets a lot of his money from his movies, and he has every right to do so as he owns so many film related companies.

Very true. It is a cutthroat business after all.

sweersa
Very true. It is a cutthroat business after all.

Definitely.

Yes, and then I bought the DVD to sulk about it more. wink

Hehe, just don't ban any PT lovers after you buy in on HD-DVD er I mean Blu Ray.

Daft Ada
How many people here are big fans of the PT?

Jack Daniels
Im a fan of SW period.... wipe them out...all of them er I mean watch them all...all of them..lol

queeq
Hehe, just don't ban any PT lovers after you buy in on HD-DVD er I mean Blu Ray.

I don't ban them, but I can explain to them why I think it's faulty. It's not JUST a matter of taste.

Plus, I'll be buying the BD's of the PT anyway. I am a sucker.

Jack Daniels
relative just a bought a pioneer elite plasma and is about to buy an elite blue ray dvd and elite surround sound receiver...we are going to his house to watch star wars...all we have is s-digital..hd doesnt werk on our tv ...all we get hd wise is red blue and green lines...grrr...

queeq
The SW DVD doesn't look that great on a HD tv though.

sweersa
It's not JUST a matter of taste.

...in your opinion. Hahaha.

I am a sucker as well, I will buy SW over and over and over...

Did you catch the news that Plasma is on it's last leg? LCD finally takes the cake.

queeq
Really? Too bad, plasma looks better in the blacks...

Jack Daniels
...in your opinion. Hahaha.

I am a sucker as well, I will buy SW over and over and over...

Did you catch the news that Plasma is on it's last leg? LCD finally takes the cake.
why I think he got that tv it will be last year they put quality parts in it..wonder if thats related to downfall of plasma? have to ask him he subscribes to all the big electronic magazines

queeq
PLasma was first and a bit more expensive still. It doe look better though, but I'm sure they fix the blacks and contrast in LCD as well.

sweersa
Really? Too bad, plasma looks better in the blacks...

Yes, I believe it was Pioneer that decided to pull the plug on it. You are right, they do look better in some cases (plases with fewer windows for less glairs and basements, but as you also stated LCD is catching up.

LCD is anti-glare with the matte screens (unless it is glossy screen, which allows for a more deeper color contrast and overall more sharp, but more prone to reflections and glair) and has less power consumption than Plasma. If I am not mistaken LCD should also have a longer life especially when it is LED backlite.

queeq
Oh yeah, prolly. But it still needs a lot of light to be projected through the liquid. It makes it a tad too contrasty to me. Although I ahve one, but I bought one where it's not that obvious. Watching a B&W movie isn't always a treat though.

sweersa
Oh yeah, prolly. But it still needs a lot of light to be projected through the liquid. It makes it a tad too contrasty to me. Although I ahve one, but I bought one where it's not that obvious. Watching a B&W movie isn't always a treat though.

Oh yeah, good thing most people watch color movies, lol.

Sometimes the letter box bars appear grey or blue if you have backlite bleed.

queeq
Really? I don't have that.

I watched Good Night and Good Luck lately... They still make B&W movies ya know. Plus, very dark movies suffer from the same problem.

sweersa
Really? I don't have that.

I watched Good Night and Good Luck lately... They still make B&W movies ya know. Plus, very dark movies suffer from the same problem.

Yes, my LCD monitor has that slightly on the bottom and top, but it is only noticeable on really black blacks.

I remember seeing Good Night and Good Luck a few years back at school, I enjoyed it. I meant that most of the newer films are not gray scale.

Jack Daniels
haha I asked him about he said who told you that...where did he hear that...lol...then he said yes we will end up lcd but hes happy because they will still make parts for his elite plasma he will sit on this one for years ....he told us to go lcd though because we play so many games and leave the menus running sometimes..I personally like lcd not sure if its cause of my eyes not so good anymore or I just like the bright lights..lol..

queeq
It's not so much the grayscale that's the problem, it's the blacks. Black is never really black on LCD, it's more a dark gray. In scenes with a lot of light it's no problem, but in dark scenes it shows.

sweersa
It's not so much the grayscale that's the problem, it's the blacks. Black is never really black on LCD, it's more a dark gray. In scenes with a lot of light it's no problem, but in dark scenes it shows.

Enough Mr. Queeq, we have had it with your racist remarks. lol just kidding.

The gray blacks don't bother me very much as long as they are not excessive.

queeq
Oh so it's the real blacks you problems with... Who's the racist now? wink

Jack Daniels
sweersa isnt racist he likes gungans and I think I spelled his name right again

queeq
Why?????!!!

To be more specific: he likes female gungans. Don't ask me why.

Jack Daniels
okay I wont ask..lol

sweersa
sweersa isnt racist he likes gungans and I think I spelled his name right again

Yes, correct, Gungans rule. Gotta love the fishy feeling you get.

Oh so it's the real blacks you problems with... Who's the racist now? wink

Excuse me? Are you referring to African Americans? Oh, that's right, you live in Europe, what is the "politically correct" name for (excuse my language) Black people in Europe?

Why?????!!!

To be more specific: he likes female gungans. Don't ask me why.

Yes, most of the time anyways.

queeq
Excuse me? Are you referring to African Americans? Oh, that's right, you live in Europe, what is the "politically correct" name for (excuse my language) Black people in Europe?

Err... good one... dunno actually. Usually something like colored or something. Or we refer to their ethnice background.. Antillians, Surinams...

Is saying "white people" a racist slur?

sweersa
Err... good one... dunno actually. Usually something like colored or something. Or we refer to their ethnice background.. Antillians, Surinams...

Is saying "white people" a racist slur?

I see, saying "colored" here is actually bad, it could get you into trouble.

No, "White" isn't considered a racial slur here usually, but "Black" can be oddly enough, but is usually acceptable. It almost makes it seem like they are not proud of who they are.

Some people have trouble letting go of the past. People have to remember no White person today has ever had a slave in America, that is all done and over, no one owes anybody anything becuase of something that happened so long ago. I am not responsible for what my ancestors had done. (Actually my family was in the Netherlands and other European countries when it happened anyways, lol)

queeq
The Dutch were pretty bad slave traders as well, BTW. wink

Well, we have another word for people with a different ethnic background, dunno how to translate it. but it's very decent term for saying someone not originally from this country. But even that word is considered by the politically correct as inapproriate since that last generations were born here. So we're running out of words I think. You think we're supposed to NOT talk about them at all?

sweersa
The Dutch were pretty bad slave traders as well, BTW. wink

Well, we have another word for people with a different ethnic background, dunno how to translate it. but it's very decent term for saying someone not originally from this country. But even that word is considered by the politically correct as inapproriate since that last generations were born here. So we're running out of words I think. You think we're supposed to NOT talk about them at all?

Hehe, you dirty slave trading devil.

Yes, even here it seems we are running out of words as well, but African American is politically correct, I suppose. Even "Mexican" is being regarded as not being politically correct, it is "Latino", which is really stupid becuase Mexican is obviously proper and in no way offensive.

I am not sure what you mean on your last question.

Jack Daniels
when I moved to Tennessee I didnt know what the hell the "N" word meant where I came from there was only a couple blacks who were just good honest farmers ...when I heard the "N" word I asked my parents and they freaked out and said never say that you say negro..so the first black kids I saw I yelled out hey negros! in the end we fought me against two of them my parents had to go explain to the brothers father I was fighting with I had no idea what the "N" word was...I never knew till after why I was fighting...I was trying not to hurt the young one but he was beating me with a damn log..lol.while I was duking with his older brother...whoever made the "N" word was an idiot and got me in some $hit..lol..one of my closest friends is black...then again I only have one black friend..use to be friends with whoever blacks asians and a couple mexicans etc..I never cared.... if they were kewl so was I...now I just think people suck cause they just wanna cause drama (KMC people get an exclusion..lol)

queeq
Hehe, you dirty slave trading devil.

Yes, even here it seems we are running out of words as well, but African American is politically correct, I suppose. Even "Mexican" is being regarded as not being politically correct, it is "Latino", which is really stupid becuase Mexican is obviously proper and in no way offensive.

But again, the same prblem arises in the second generation or even the naturlised Mexicans: they are not Mexicans, they are Americans that may or may not speak English... hence Latino's. Plus the term Latino is much wider than just Mexicans, it inculdes Porto Ricans, Cubans etc.

But even African Americans is not very correct. They are not African, they are American. It refers to an ethnic background, some 200 years ago. So basically you're giving someone a different name because of a 200 year old difference in genetic make-up. Do you also call people Italian-Americans, Irish-Americans, German-Americans, Dutch-Americas, Euro-Americans, English-Americans, Scottish Americans.... ?

Jack Daniels
cheech marin use to call them mexican americans....I know this nice old japanese lady that calls herself a japanese american ...well shes nice until you start talking about china...lol...she dont talk to me much anymore since she quit drinkin...??

sweersa
But again, the same prblem arises in the second generation or even the naturlised Mexicans: they are not Mexicans, they are Americans that may or may not speak English... hence Latino's. Plus the term Latino is much wider than just Mexicans, it inculdes Porto Ricans, Cubans etc.

But even African Americans is not very correct. They are not African, they are American. It refers to an ethnic background, some 200 years ago. So basically you're giving someone a different name because of a 200 year old difference in genetic make-up. Do you also call people Italian-Americans, Irish-Americans, German-Americans, Dutch-Americas, Euro-Americans, English-Americans, Scottish Americans.... ?

Good point, and JD is correct, sometimes they are called Mexican Americans, but usually Mexican becuase it really isn't east to determine of they are actually American or not usually, and their background is obvious. I wouldn't be offended if someone said I was Dutch, rather than Dutch American. I would think that would be a compliment, hehe.

No, it is very rare for any European-Americans to be called by their country name then American, all Europeans are just called white, or Caucasian, if you want to be politically correct.

queeq
White??? WHITE???!! RACIST!

sweersa
White??? WHITE???!! RACIST!

Oh no, my image is ruined! *fires Mel Gibson's PR manager*

queeq
laughing out loud

sweersa
At least he didn't pull a Michael Richards! Hehe.

queeq
Who?

sweersa
Who?

Michael Richards. Kramer from Seinfeld. Youtube his name & enjoy his rage.

queeq
Oh yeah... I know Kramer... more famous than the actor that played him.

sweersa
Oh yeah... I know Kramer... more famous than the actor that played him.

Hahaha. That is a good way to put it, anyways here is his little anger session.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pp6WC1Ocz4

queeq
Wow... that was rather embarassing.... Way to go to kill your show.

sweersa
Wow... that was rather embarassing.... Way to go to kill your show.

Hehehe, yeah, more like way to kill his career. lol When he apologized, he said "Afro-American" lol That is a term rarely used. At first I thought he was being a dick about it still.

queeq
It was a bad rant... I don't care about the pharsing and all, he shouldn't let him get carried away like that.

sweersa
It was a bad rant... I don't care about the pharsing and all, he shouldn't let him get carried away like that.

He snapped for sure. Looks like he has some anger issues.

queeq
He ruined his show.... mortal sin for a stand up comedian.

sweersa
He ruined his show.... mortal sin for a stand up comedian.

Meh, they say any publicity is good publicity.

They are wrong though, hahaha.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>