Gaara vs Asuma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wil7
Gaara with shukaku in him vs Asuma.

Who wins?

braveheart
gaara with shukaku in him will win

psycho gundam
genin garra or kazagage garra?

imo genin would get shitstomped.

kage would swallow asuma up since he'll be on the defensive the whole time.

olympian
Gaara at wich stage of transformation? Unless its the last one, i see Asuma having all the shots.

Better than Naruto did, anyway. Unless you want to tell us that pre skip Naruto, without using the nine tails chakra, is better than Asuma too. Wouldnt surprise me the least.

Even Kazagage Gaara wouldnt be a sure win, since Asuma can trow his knifes at a distance, and i dont think his sand shield is enough to totally hold off against the Hien.

Hes got a much better shot against the Jounin level for sure.

Dark-Jaxx
Kazekage Gaara would win, whereas Genin Gaara would prolly lose.

Wil7
To me, any Gaara would win with ease because if it was genin gaara, he would use sand tsunami, and the same with kazekage gaara.

NonSensi-Klown
"Throw his knives"?

Get the **** out. Kazekage Gaara would probably win at least 8/10 times.

olympian
Originally posted by Wil7
To me, any Gaara would win with ease because if it was genin gaara, he would use sand tsunami, and the same with kazekage gaara.

You just need to prove that the sand defence of a genin is sturdy enough to stop a jutsu that easily pierces thro wood and rock, when the user in question isent even trying.

Asuma is also faster than any genin we saw, close range or not.

Genin Gaara loses. Only shot hes got, is if he transforms at 100%, since it took Naruto the nine tails chakra and the Frog summon to take him on. Anything less than that, and Gaara wont do crap. Heck, in mid transformation, Naruto still injured him.

Kaekage Gaara will have a better shot, definatly. But still not an automatic win.

Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
"Throw his knives"?

Get the **** out. Kazekage Gaara would probably win at least 8/10 times.

His sand defence is sturdier than both wood AND rock?

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/317/15/

Because as shown, Asuma can pierce these even from a distance, while holding back most of his strength.

Wil7
olympian, sand tsunami for both genin, and kazekage, THE END.

olympian
Ah, now you are changing stipulations again?

I already answered anyway. The only instance when either Gaara automatically wins, its when his transformation is fully out.

Before that, you dont have much to say of the contrary.

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by olympian

His sand defence is sturdier than both wood AND rock?

Yes.

Prove he was holding back any of his strength.

olympian
Yes.

Explain, where you saw it and how you came to that conclusion.

Prove he was holding back any of his strength.

I actually made a mistake, and linked the same page twice, above.

Anyway, here is the full sequence:

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/317/16/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/317/17/

I think this answers your question.

Wil7
olympian, Asuma has nothing to get through Gaara's sand defences, can you get that through your little head?

olympian
I think you need to prove me where does Gaara defence`s can take something that easily cuts wood and rock in the same move, even with the user in question is holding back his strength. And this done by someone in blitz mode, like Asuma has done.

Now, we know standart Genin Gaara wouldnt matter here, since an elite Jounin is faster than that. So the discussion is more towards Kazekaze Gaara.

Links?

Wil7
I think you need to prove me where does Gaara defence`s can take something that easily cuts wood and rock in the same move, even with the user in question is holding back his strength. And this done by someone in blitz mode, like Asuma has done.

Now, we know standart Genin Gaara wouldnt matter here, since an elite Jounin is faster than that. So the discussion is more towards Kazekaze Gaara.

Links?

Gaara's sand has blocked worse stuff than Asuma's little thing. Ex: Explosions of Deidara's.

It doesn't matter which Gaara, the outcome would be the same, with sand tsunami.

olympian
You are comparing an explosion type jutsu, to a piercing jutsu?

It didnt do well against that ligthing technique...what was it called? Chidori? And what does the Manga claim? Wind > Ligthing in piercing ability? Ah yes.

I guess with you, i need to be more precise. Since the Hien is a piercing kind of jutsu, what has Gaara defended against, that was BETTER than the Hien in that regard, and couldnt even cut his defense?

Dark-Jaxx
...Gaara's sand took an explosion that would have slagged at least a city block...

olympian
And yet Chidori can overcome his defenses.

You are talking about blunt damage, im talking about piercing damage. The Hien doesnt explode, it cuts.

Terryc250
Genin Gaara would get stomped (He was getting embarassed by Sasuke erm )

Kazekage Gaara would win.

Dark-Jaxx
And yet Chidori can overcome his defenses.

You are talking about blunt damage, im talking about piercing damage. The Hien doesnt explode, it cuts. Pre-Shippuden yeah, and Chidori>Asuma's Trench Knives. erm

And they have been shown to cut through boulders, whereas Gaara can harden his sand hard as any mineral.

olympian
Wind > Ligthing. Im talking about the Hien, not the knives themselves. The Hien easily cuts through wood, boulders and steel. In pearcing ability i think both it and Chidori, can at least do some damage to current Gaara. Even tho i totally concead that unlike in Part I, hes got a good shot to edge Asuma out in this instance.

It all boils down to if current Gaara will end up facing any good piercing elemental jutsu or not, for an appropiate comparation.

Dark-Jaxx
Wind > Ligthing. Im talking about the Hien, not the knives themselves. The Hien easily cuts through wood, boulders and steel. In pearcing ability i think both it and Chidori, can at least do some damage to current Gaara. Even tho i totally concead that unlike in Part I, hes got a good shot to edge Asuma out in this instance.

It all boils down to if current Gaara will end up facing any good piercing elemental jutsu or not, for an appropiate comparation. Earth jutsu is not weak to wind jutsu like it is to lightning. The Hien cuts through boulders yeah, when has it cut through steel? Gaara in part 2 showed abilities of too great a scale for Asuma to evade, despite his speed.

Well current Gaara is probably at his weakest ever...

olympian
Hien cut easily the two Kunai apart, that Hidan used to lure Asuma into getting that drop of blood.

NonSensi-Klown
You can prove that Kunai are factually made of steel?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Earth jutsu is not weak to wind jutsu like it is to lightning. The Hien cuts through boulders yeah, when has it cut through steel? Gaara in part 2 showed abilities of too great a scale for Asuma to evade, despite his speed.

Well current Gaara is probably at his weakest ever... asuma stated that in a knife fight, the sharper blade would win.

since he's a knife fighter and close range combatant, my best guess is that since asuma lived up till this point, his trench knives with wind nature chackra going through them cut many knives and the ninja holding them in half.

olympian
You can prove that Kunai are factually made of steel?
No, they are made of wood. Thats why they pierced Hidan`s vital points, and would have killed him rigth there, if he wasent immortal ;p

Does this need to be proven? The "Kotetsu's Giant Kunai" used against Hidan, arent obviously made of plastic or wood, or something. Despite the name, they are literally giant swords.

Even the standart small Kunai, is made of steel.

Dark-Jaxx
Steel ey? Not iron? Or if we wanna go by what is historically accurate, bronze?

olympian
Eh, Naruto is historically accurate? I though it was a fantasy take on Ninjas lore.

Perhaps re-reading some chapters will clear up, wheter your standart Kunai are iron made, or steel. Even so, we would also need to do the same with the "Kotetsu's Giant Kunai", since they arent the same.

Wil7
Originally posted by Terryc250
Genin Gaara would get stomped (He was getting embarassed by Sasuke erm )

Kazekage Gaara would win.

Please, tell me how Asuma would dodge Sand Tsunami?

Wind > Ligthing.

laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing Friggin hilarious.

olympian
laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing Friggin hilarious.

Yeah, and guess what. Its stated in the Manga. Wind > ligthing in cutting ability.

You should mail the author, since here no one gives a damn about your follish rants.

Wil7
They say alot of stuff in the manga's that aren't true, like Kabuto beating Kakashi.

Dark-Jaxx
Wind>Lightning in cutting yeah, but earth for some reason has a NATURAL WEAKNESS to lightning.

And if it was never stated to be steel, why assume they are?

psycho gundam
asuma's trench knives are made of a special nature manipulation chackra absorbing metal, end of story.

kage gaara wins but imo a chackra knife with a lot of chackra invested in it thrown by asuma would be dangerous for gaara if it was thrown at him. i don't really think he could block it.

Dark-Jaxx
They say alot of stuff in the manga's that aren't true, like Kabuto beating Kakashi. And when was it said in the manga that Kabuto could BEAT Kakashi? It was said by Oro both in the manga and anime that he was an equal, not superior. And manga is canon, anime is not unless it follows the manga EXACTLY, which it does not do all of the time.

psycho gundam
And when was it said in the manga that Kabuto could BEAT Kakashi? It was said by Oro both in the manga and anime that he was an equal, not superior. And manga is canon, anime is not unless it follows the manga EXACTLY, which it does not do all of the time. i wonder if that's 100% true though, manga is after all a storyboard for the anime, that's why fillers separate them from catching up.

american comics are completely different, comics are the major canon source (and handbooks), not television/movie adaptations.

olympian
They say alot of stuff in the manga's that aren't true, like Kabuto beating Kakashi.

Its claims that Kabuto is a rival to kakashi`s overall NIN abilities. The Manga doesnt say he is as good as a figther.

And we got the proof, when Kabuto himself claims how hes not good in the Tai area, for starters.

Wind>Lightning in cutting yeah, but earth for some reason has a NATURAL WEAKNESS to lightning.

And if it was never stated to be steel, why assume they are?

Are we talking about the Kunai`s here? Like i said, i need to re-read it, but it would surprise me alot that giant swords, used for bigger attacks, and stabing enemies, wouldnt be made of steel. Every single sword (i.e especially costumed by a nin) in Narutoverse, is so far made of that material..as far as i recall anyway.

Standart kunai, however, is where i totally concead to be likely wrong. They arent used as main striking weapons, usually.

Terryc250
Please, tell me how Asuma would dodge Sand Tsunami?

Because Asuma wouldn't be standing there like an idiot like Kimimaro was, while Gaara was tossing hand seals, nor would Gaara have time to create all of that sand. Asuma is faster then chuunn exam Sasuke (who dummied the sh*t outta genin gaara) Sasuke was landing physical attacks easily against genin Gaara, Asuma should beable to do it as well, but replace Sasuke's fist with Asuma wind element knives.

Wil7
Because Asuma wouldn't be standing there like an idiot like Kimimaro was, while Gaara was tossing hand seals, nor would Gaara have time to create all of that sand. Asuma is faster then chuunn exam Sasuke (who dummied the sh*t outta genin gaara) Sasuke was landing physical attacks easily against genin Gaara, Asuma should beable to do it as well, but replace Sasuke's fist with Asuma wind element knives.

That was when he was a genin. Now, all he needs to do to create a sand tsunomi is to raise his arms in the air.

roz88
Gaara wouldn't beat the third hokage's son that easily. Asuma's an elite jonin who wud hav beaten hidan if not for kakuzu

k1Lla441
Gaara's sand has blocked worse stuff than Asuma's little thing. Ex: Explosions of Deidara's.

It doesn't matter which Gaara, the outcome would be the same, with sand tsunami.
Ok, your extremely biased. genin gaara would get absolutely murdered unless he transforms 100 percent, but he wouldnt even get that far before asuma kills him. now, kazekage gaara would probably win, due to a far more increase in defence and chakra. you cant just say "sand tsunami, its over". you prove nothing in statements like that.

k1Lla441
That was when he was a genin. Now, all he needs to do to create a sand tsunomi is to raise his arms in the air. and by that time gennin gaara would be dead.

Terryc250
That was when he was a genin. Now, all he needs to do to create a sand tsunomi is to raise his arms in the air.
wtf is sand tsunami anyway? You mean desert avalanche? ryuusa bakuryu?

1)his speed has not been shown to increase at all
2)he needs to actually create that much sand
3)asuma is even faster then the sasuke who was blitzing him around like nothing
4)Asuma wouldn't be standing there doing nothing
5)Gaara doesn't simply "raise his arm" he tosses up a ton of hand seals, and he's immobile while he does that.

NonSensi-Klown

5)Gaara doesn't simply "raise his arm" he tosses up a ton of hand seals, and he's immobile while he does that.

Like he did when he fought Deidera?

Terryc250
Like he did when he fought Deidera?
I don't remember genin gaara fighting deidara.

NonSensi-Klown
Wil7 wasn't talking about Genin Gaara, so I assumed you weren't either.

Terryc250
Well like i originally said in my first post, kazekage wins, genin gaara loses. He just doesn't realize that there is only either Kazekage Gaara, or Genin Gaara, no other. And since i already admitted Kazekage would win, he is clearly talking about the Gaara that fought Kimi, which infact, is still Genin Gaara.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.