North and South Register and OOC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zalindrana
North and South

The land is divided. The Desert covered South, and the Frozen North. Each land similar yet so far apart.

The South.
People are heavily tanned by the blazing sun. Slavers roam freely stealing men, women and children, selling to the highest bidder. Women are nothing more then possesions and are expected to only marry, have children, keep the home clean, and please the man. Southern men are thieves, warriors, or simple men trying to make a living. Smack in the middle of the south is a part of the desert lined with crystals that intensify the suns heat. Here canabalistic tribes roam, captureing any who attempt to cross and either sacrificing them to the sun god, or eatting them. They carry curved swords as many southerners carry simple swords. And if the Desert tribes do not kill you, there are Sandstorms that can shred skin from bone. Sandtigers with poison claws that can kill a full grown man with just a scratch if not tended to. Southerners are usually dark skinned with brown hair and brown eyes with an average height of 6 ft.

The North.
Like the South women are expected to marry, have children, keep the house, and tend the man. However they have more freedom then the women of the south. And more dignity. Like the Tigers of the desert the North have Snowwolfs. They do not have poisoned clows but are still extremly deadly. Like the sandstorms of the south the north has snow storms that can freeze a person solid. It can rain for many days and if the sun happens to show itself there is very little heat. Though unlike the South, in the light of the sun it can be beautiful. The people of the North are Fair skinned, Blonde hair, blue eyed, and average around 6'4 in height.

In both the North and South people live and die mainly by the sword.

Note: If you have ever Read the Book "Sword Dancer" The setting is the same. There just is no Magical swords and Tiger and Del never existed.

There are no set characters so you may be who you wish. The Plot is just surviving.

The Setting starts in the South. In a Cantina within a small village. The air is thick with smoke from smoking patrons. Southern women serve men drinks, a group of people play cards in the corner.

This is the thread where you post your character. Those who said they were going to rp this one still have to post a character. That way we know what we are looking at and who is rping in said thread.

It should be as the following:
Name:
Profession: (Thief, Sword Dancer(Sword Master basically), Average person with sword or not, or what ever else you can think of. Must be approved.)
Area: North or South

Note that swords are not the only weapons you can use.

Yes this has been Approved

Ripper Jacc
Wait, are multi-characters acceptable? Like... two per RP'er?

Kennedyward
Name: Balto Cleeth
Apearance: White long hair, light green eyes, likes to wear a white shirt with short sleeves, and long thick black pants. Wears ripped up shoes colored brown.
Profession: Average person with sword.
Area: North

Blockhead
Name: Kurrum Redgrill
Appearance: A mess of white hair upon his head and a small, braided white beard. He has blue eyes, a small nose and a large chin. He wears many layers of animal fur, including a Snowwolf cap, cloak, as well as a coat, pants and boots.
Profession: Bounty Hunter

Zalindrana
You can make 2 people if you wish but you must post data for both. Also i will only permit Two per person. And the Bounty Hunter is okay ith me Blockhead

Here is my own Data.

Name: Known as "The Blade With No Name"

Appearance: Height of a Northerner, Tanned skin like a Southerner, Black hair Foriegn to both. Wears a short Dhoti (Rectangular cloth wrapped and knotted at the wait) that is stain brown from dirt and usage. He wears brown sandals and wears a white burnous (cloak) with a cut at the left shoulder to let the silver hilt of his sword show out.

Profession: Sword Dancer (Master)
Area: South

Shaggs
Name: Jacob Elijah Book III or "Jake"
Appearance: Tall, Muscular, wearing a lot of cloth over his armor. Mostly tan to stop the sun from heating it up. Thick brown hair that comes to his shoulder, but is usually back in a pony tail. Two swords rest on either side of his belt. Slightly tanned and 6'4"
Profession: Sword for Hire

Badwolf
What is the time period for this? I just want to make my character perfect

Zalindrana
There really is no time period as this is not based on real world settings. But if I had to guess it was a LONG LONG TiME AGO! o.o

But If i had to say.. think of the Aladin movie. That would be how most cities are done.

Shaggs. Armor is allowed but there is no Metal armor. Only heavy leather and such.

Lycanthrope
Name: Thorgrim Valkyrson

Appearance:6'6" 260lbs Long dirty blonde hair with bangs braided , long beard and mustache, mustache braided,Leather headband with steel nose guard,Snow-wolf vest over leather long-sleeve shirt,Steel shoulder Spaulders,leather belt with wide steel engraved tear drop(Point at top) plate covering abdomen. Leather pants, Cave Bear fur boots with leather strapping. Carries a massive single head axe his father made, and short curved bladed sword.

Profession: Blacksmith/Breeds Horses on the side

Area: Southern most part of the North

Second Character(Thorgrim's Son)

Name: Finn Thorgrimson

Appearance: 6' 190lbs Long dirty blonde hair,youthful face, missing his right eye from a snow-Wolf attack. CaveBear fur vest over leather long-sleeve shirt, Same Abdomen armor his father has(which his father made him) Leather pants,Leather strapped bear fur boots.Carries a double edged broad sword his Father made him,and a 12" dagger He made.

Profession: Swordmaster Apprentice

Area: Southern most part of the North

Lycanthrope
Originally posted by Zalindrana

Shaggs. Armor is allowed but there is no Metal armor. Only heavy leather and such.

So i have to redo my whole character or is it ok for the North

Ripper Jacc
Name: Cade Donovan
Appearance: (see pic below)
Profession: Assassin (if approvable)
http://th08.deviantart.com/fs8/300W/i/2006/163/8/6/Prince_Of_Persia_by_TheBlackDoll.jpg

Name: Asha D'Errico
Appearance: (also see pic below)
Profession: Thief
http://th03.deviantart.com/fs17/300W/f/2007/142/9/0/my_little_thief_final_version_by_jiuge.jpg

Another sidenote, can Asha use twin daggers rather than swords? I know it's a stretch, but I think they'd suit her better. If not, it's cool, just thought I'd ask, since I was in the midst of asking about things and whatnot.

Zalindrana
Assassin is fine.

Zalindrana
Twin daggers are fine.

Zalindrana
Note that people are still signing on. I started the Thread already so that people can get a feel of thier own character. Try to keep the plot where it is untill we get more people up and running.

Ripper Jacc
Sidenote for all who actually care, as I probably won't bring it up very often in the RP itself... Ash and Cade have unofficially adopted one another as brother and sister. It'll make more sense later on, just... sidenotes...

jalek moye
Name: Xellos
Appearance: http://news.filefront.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/soulcaliburhwang1-1.jpg
Profession:assassin

Zalindrana
bump

Scarlet Fox
Hey. I know what book your talking about. Can I get in on it?

Zalindrana
Yeah sure I dont mind. As long as everyone else has nothing against it.

Scarlet Fox
thanks. im pretty rp experienced. So I post my persons stuff here right? Here it is:

Name: SnowWolf (( hehe like Sandtiger in the book... but the other way around ^.^))
Appearance: Short Blonde Hair. Bright blue eyes. Pale skin.
Profession: Sword Dancer

Sucks you took out the magic part. But you want it to be unique i imagine so what ev ^.^"

Zalindrana
Looks good to me. though Del and Tiger technically never existed so try to not make your person too much like Tiger or Del... A combination might be interesting. However do not go with the same story either of them had. Make up your own background. Other then that have fun and jump in when ever you want.

Badwolf
Sorry for my absense, I will post my bio shortley

Zalindrana
Go for it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.