Speedblitz FTW?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quincy
Is Speed everything?

In terms of the fighting prowess of an individual anime character, does their strength even matter? Or will the fastest character always win?

It just seems that speedblitz ftw is a popular response here when we make versus threads. But I mean, the flash doesn't always win his fights right?

Your thoughts?

olympian
To win up close, you need both speed and strength.

Better level of speed however, will likely save you from a stronger opponent, unless you happen to get tagged eventually.

Wich in case, you better also have better stamina.

Kento
Speed isn't everything but it does help a lot. I mean if you're only fast and you fight a guy who is only durable but slow you are bound to tire before you actually hurt him. But if you're faster, and you're able to hurt the guy with punches then it's pretty much going to be your win unless he has a way to counter your speed. Though in most anime the winner of a fight is usually both faster, and stronger with some exceptions.

Quincy
True True, I see what your both saying. A balance between speed and power lead to victory for sure. It just seems that alot of people here believe that speed leads to instant victory.

Terryc250
Depends how big the difference in speed is, if one person like the flash who is faster then the speed of light, fights collosus, flash would curb him.

Quincy
So are you telling me that someone as fast as the Flash can beat anybody?

Kento
Originally posted by Terryc250
Depends how big the difference in speed is, if one person like the flash who is faster then the speed of light, fights collosus, flash would curb him. Not really. Colossus couldn't hit him sure but somebody like Flash who is just a normal human and you take away the whole IMP ability and stealing speed it would become a real stalemate. Or the first one to tire which wouldn't be Colossus. If you're unable to hurt a person while being faster speed means nothing really. Kenshin could probably blitz Colossus and stay away from him but he isn't going to be winning a fight because he has no way to hurt him. I think the best showing of something like that was Spider-Man blooding his hands while blitzing Hulk.

Magee
Originally posted by Kento
Not really. Colossus couldn't hit him sure but somebody like Flash who is just a normal human and you take away the whole IMP ability and stealing speed it would become a real stalemate. Or the first one to tire which wouldn't be Colossus. If you're unable to hurt a person while being faster speed means nothing really. Kenshin could probably blitz Colossus and stay away from him but he isn't going to be winning a fight because he has no way to hurt him. I think the best showing of something like that was Spider-Man blooding his hands while blitzing Hulk. Flash hits hard with out the imp, has plenty other ways to win a fight and collosus would tire way before Flash.

Basicaly speed is every thing in a fight. With some one like Flash unless you are as fast or have an ability which would give you the advantage he will always win, of course there is a power cut off where speed won't really matter. It all depends on the context and the characters involved but speed is one of the best attributes to have.

Kento
I thought Colossus doesn't tire when he's in the steel mode? And Flash has strength?

Just speed is useless in a fight though.

Magee
I thought Colossus doesn't tire when he's in the steel mode? And Flash has strength?

Just speed is useless in a fight though. Colossus does get tired but has better stamina than a normal human. The flash's strength comes from his speed, he has normal human lifting power but at the speed he moves he hits with Superman like strength. Just speed is about the only thing you need in a fight, how do you beat some one you can't hit. Depending on the other persons power set just speed might be useless.

jimBOFH
Originally posted by Magee
Colossus does get tired but has better stamina than a normal human. The flash's strength comes from his speed, he has normal human lifting power but at the speed he moves he hits with Superman like strength. Just speed is about the only thing you need in a fight, how do you beat some one you can't hit. Depending on the other persons power set just speed might be useless.

Depends on the character and their abilities. If you're so fast your opponent can't hit you and you're strong enough to deal them significant damage, then you'll win. But if you're not strong enough to deal them any significant damage, then you can't possibly win.
Also, if your opponent has a powerful area of effect attack, then they can use that. For example, Vegeta blowing himself up in DBZ, or Frieza destroying Namek.

Kento
Colossus does get tired but has better stamina than a normal human. The flash's strength comes from his speed, he has normal human lifting power but at the speed he moves he hits with Superman like strength. Just speed is about the only thing you need in a fight, how do you beat some one you can't hit. Depending on the other persons power set just speed might be useless. Eh I've not seen any strength feats for Flash so I thought IMP was his only real strength thing.

If you can't hurt your opponent it doesn't really matter how fast you are. Flash could run circles around Juggernaut be he can't hurt him. Quicksilver can run circles around Colossus but I doubt he can hurt him. Spidey has blitzed Hulk before and only ended up blooding his own knuckles. Speed without the power to hurt your opponent is useless. Unless your opponent is an idiot that you can trick to hurting themselves or something.

jimBOFH
Eh I've not seen any strength feats for Flash so I thought IMP was his only real strength thing.

If you can't hurt your opponent it doesn't really matter how fast you are. Flash could run circles around Juggernaut be he can't hurt him. Quicksilver can run circles around Colossus but I doubt he can hurt him. Spidey has blitzed Hulk before and only ended up blooding his own knuckles. Speed without the power to hurt your opponent is useless. Unless your opponent is an idiot that you can trick to hurting themselves or something.
Well, you can always use your superior speed to run away. I'd say that was better than dying. So not entirely useless. wink

Magee
Eh I've not seen any strength feats for Flash so I thought IMP was his only real strength thing.

It all depends on the context and the characters involved but speed is one of the best attributes to have.

Depending on the other persons power set speed alone might be useless.

Darth Raizen
Speed is important, but it's not going to mean much if you can't do any reasonable damage to your opponent.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Darth Raizen
Speed is important, but it's not going to mean much if you can't do any reasonable damage to your opponent.

Or have the samina and endurance to take their hits either.

Endless Mike
Well it depends

An article about this is here (I wrote it, shameless plug)

http://obd.wikispaces.com/Speedblitz

Man of Violence
Sora being faster than light, wich did not avail him when a giant dragon started slowly running at him.
John McClain being able to run at supersonic speeds which did not avail him in well, all the other movies
Rock Lee being "easily supersonic", which did not avail him when his friends were scattered and in danger one or two miles from each other.
Itachi being hypersonic but unable to run away while saucegay slowly explains he's going to hit him with a bolt of lightning.
Narutoverse being faster than planes because they hop through trees like it was nothing. Whatever that means.
Flash being infinitely fast having to be "the fastest he has ever been" to beat a monkey.
Goku being faster than light and able to teleport, but needs a spaceship to collect dragonballs (lol DBGT)
Hilarious...truly laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.