Superman vs Thanos (Twist)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Great Galen
Current supes recalls his PC life and recovers his PC attributes/stats. Thanos invades DCU and confronts him, endowed with these new stats can Supes can down the titan.

Harbinger
So, this is PC Supes + resistance to kryptonite and magic? Spite much?

Mindset
It's not like Thanos would use kryptonite or magic anyway.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Harbinger
So, this is PC Supes + resistance to kryptonite and magic? Spite much?

Yeah, its current Supes with PC stats.

Marvelknight
I love Supes. But Thanos still may take this.

xJLxKing
Superman bitc* slaps him all the way back to Marvel. There is no way he is winning this fight.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Marvelknight
I love Supes. But Thanos still may take this.

Going by PC supes showings and current supes, the combinations this version of Supes could perform would be pretty incredible I think.

fascistcrusader
If Thanos gets a decent amount of prep time he probably takes this, but in a straight up fight a PC Supes with better weakness resistance kicks his butt across the galaxy.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
If Thanos gets a decent amount of prep time he probably takes this, but in a straight up fight a PC Supes with better weakness resistance kicks his butt across the galaxy.

Well when Thanos invades the DCU, supes rushed to confront him so the fight is a "spur of the momment thing"for both of them.

fascistcrusader
If he's got his PC power and New Earth resistance to Knite and magic then Thanos is going to run home with his tail between his legs.

Nihilist
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Current supes recalls his PC life and recovers his PC attributes/stats. Thanos invades DCU and confronts him, endowed with these new stats can Supes can down the titan.

facepalm

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Nihilist
facepalm

LMFAO!!!

shokosugi
oh please who are we kidding? Superman will win a fight versus some B-class villain from Marvel.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by shokosugi
oh please who are we kidding? Superman will win a fight versus some B-class villain from Marvel.

Wait did you just call Thanos a B-Class villain? You better pray Quan gets to you before I do.

shokosugi
hahaha i was just kidding. it's in the Dc/Marvel cross-over contract you know. Superman WILL win any fight with any marvel character.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Nihilist
facepalm

Bentley
Mind rape?

ultimatethor
Fail.

Wei Phoenix
Well when Thanos invades the DCU, supes rushed to confront him so the fight is a "spur of the momment thing"for both of them.

Thanos will prepare for such an opponent. When has he ever rushed into a battle with little knowledge on possible threats. He'll already have a plan for Supes.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Fail.

You're doing it all wrong.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq2/Wei-Phoenix/Fail.jpg

KuRuPT Thanosi
First off.... Supes isn't resistant to mind rape and we know Thanos is a powerful telepath. So, to me it matters not about magic and Krypt that is a easy victory.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
First off.... Supes isn't resistant to mind rape and we know Thanos is a powerful telepath. So, to me it matters not about magic and Krypt that is a easy victory.

There is T-vo which arguablly is better then anything Thanos can pull of with his TP.

Wei Phoenix
Couldn't he move or teleport?

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Couldn't he move or teleport?

T-vo forces the opponent the opponent to engage mentally, I don't really think Thanos has much choice. Although I don't personally think Supes really even needs T-vo to beast Thanos.

Wei Phoenix
Oh forcing Thanos to do something mentally? He has tremendous resistance. I'm so sure that Thanos would already have a plan for Superman.

The Great Galen
Supes did force DOMINUS into a mental battle field so who knows if Thanos TP is better then Dom, at any rate I dont really think supes needs T-vo to beat him.

Wei Phoenix
What he really needs is intelligence, something that Thanos surpasses him in. Thanos will be ready for anyone and everyone as soon as he enters the DCU. He would've already planned out something if he had to fight Supes.

Philosophía
Superman one-shots him.

Edit: Now that I've read the 'twist', that's not far-off from the truth.

Wei Phoenix

The Great Galen
PC stats were a plot decive for the most part, Supes has many different ways of dealing with Thanos.

KuRuPT Thanosi
^^^^ like? Not mentally... physically I just don't see it. Thanos's durability is on a another level from Superman. You put Superman in that fight with Odin and he gets wrecked.

Zack Fair
LoL. The thread started states no Prep and yet they assume Thanos will still have prep.

Classic.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Zack Fair
LoL. The thread started states no Prep and yet they assume Thanos will still have prep.

Classic.

It's out of character for him to just go into a new world without some sort of idea or plan of attack. No matter what he always has a plan. It is like the whole Batman wins thing. No matter who the combatants are, Batman still wins.

Zack Fair
So Thanos wins no matter what or who he is facing.

Gotcha.

Enyalus
Thanos nearly mind-raped Galactus (said to be impossible to do.) I don't think T-Vo would be effective.

Also, PC Supes' durability was very questionable, wasn't it? Vs. opponents, not stars, etc.

Wei Phoenix
So Thanos wins no matter what or who he is facing.

Gotcha.

Yes I know that it is stupid but that is the law that dictates comics. Batman wins in DC, Thanos wins in MU. Both are overpowered.

Seriously though, Thanos has no trouble here.

Enyalus
Yes I know that it is stupid but that is the law that dictates comics. Batman wins in DC, Thanos wins in MU. Both are overpowered.

Seriously though, Thanos has no trouble here.

Thanos needs a new herald after The Fallen One got sucked dry, anyway...

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Enyalus
Thanos needs a new herald after The Fallen One got sucked dry, anyway...

Batman is his herald now. Didn't you read issue #483?

Enyalus
Batman is his herald now. Didn't you read issue #483?

Well, at least Thanos knows he'll be able to make Darkseid bleed if they ever confront each other again. Batkick > Norris Roundhouse.

The Great Galen
Thanos nearly mind-raped Galactus (said to be impossible to do.) I don't think T-Vo would be effective.

Also, PC Supes' durability was very questionable, wasn't it? Vs. opponents, not stars, etc.

T-vo would force Thanos into a mental battle, PC stats are only largly questionable if you account low feats but that is true to any character.

Enyalus
T-vo would force Thanos into a mental battle, PC stats are only largly questionable if you account low feats but that is true to any character.

I know it would force them into a mental battle. And I'm saying, that would be a huge mistake - because Thanos' mind is da shit.

The Great Galen
So is supes, at th momment its largly debatable but it wouldn't matter anyways because Supes has a lot more options outside of T-vo to destroy Thanos.

KuRuPT Thanosi
such as?

Juntai
Supes wins.

Endrict Nuul
Superman will always beat Thanos.

Enyalus
One blast from Thanos, like the one that knocked Galactus onto a nearby moon, would be all it would take. Hell, I bet he could even make the blast into red sunlight.

Zack Fair
Punching his head off his shoulders? Ripping his heart out? Coming up with an anti-Thanos power? Using Soul Vision to extract Thanos soul and then vibrate his body at FTL speeds causing the soul to get splattered across the multiverse? Shit come up with your own way for PC Supes to take him out.

It IS PC Supes after all.

Enyalus
Courtesy of Galan:

Amazo one-shotting PC Supes with a scrawny-ass GL beam:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_am4-1.jpg

The blasts Thanos used against Odin, or put Galactus on his ass, or blow up the Kyln bridge, or give the Beyonder (Maker) trouble...they'd all K.O. PC Supes.

Zack Fair
LoL I guess I should've been more precise: This is PC Supes with Current Supes's feats as well.

Go find me a low-end feat for current Supes now.

There are plenty of them.

Enyalus
LoL I guess I should've been more precise: This is PC Supes with Current Supes's feats as well.

Go find me a low-end feat for current Supes now.

There are plenty of them.

If there are plenty of them, then why do I need to find them? OP stats Current Supes has PC Supes' stats. Which means he's got the same glass jaw. Thanos would break him. Quick.

Zack Fair
Oh then lets ask him to clear this up for us since I was under the impression he was recreating the same amalgam he pit against the JLA not too long ago in which he explained that amalgam had all of PC Supes uber stats and current Supes resistance--when compared to his PC self--and feats.

Enyalus
Oh then lets ask him to clear this up for us since I was under the impression he was recreating the same amalgam he pit against the JLA not too long ago in which he explained that amalgam had all of PC Supes uber stats and current Supes resistance--when compared to his PC self--and feats.

Okay, well, recently, he was one-shotted by Konvikt and put down by Firestorm's powers creating red sun radiation (Amazo was using them.) Everyone should agree that Thanos is at least Konvikt level in strength, with abilities to amp himself. And his energy manipulation and energy project is first class.

Juntai
Superman upgraded to PC Strength levels makes short work here. Thanos better hop into the Thanos-copter and fly away, and hope Supes doesn't catch up.

Juntai
I know it would force them into a mental battle. And I'm saying, that would be a huge mistake - because Thanos' mind is da shit. T-Vo has worked on beings greater than Thanos, and in fact, much closer to Galactus level, possibly greater. Or didn't you read the Dominus stoy?

Also...A being tried to use his mental powers on PC Superman, and died as a result.

Juntai
Okay, well, recently, he was one-shotted by Konvikt and put down by Firestorm's powers creating red sun radiation (Amazo was using them.) Everyone should agree that Thanos is at least Konvikt level in strength, with abilities to amp himself. And his energy manipulation and energy project is first class. PC Superman can outrun energy blasts, and red sunlight. Should be scans of it in the respect thread. Unless we're using PIS here?

Juntai
One slap, and Thanos goes hurling through time.

Supes could grab him and throw him across the universe.

Deposit him in a black hole, or star.

Blow the sular system away with his breath.

Hit him with a giant star as a weapon.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Juntai
T-Vo has worked on beings greater than Thanos, and in fact, much closer to Galactus level, possibly greater. Or didn't you read the Dominus stoy?

A being tried to use his mental powers on PC Superman, and died as a result.

Yeah, I read the Dominus arc. Superman was sorely outclassed until using T-Vo.

Dominus seemed to be far more mentally weak than Thanos is, though.

Enyalus
PC Superman can outrun energy blasts, and red sunlight. Should be scans of it in the respect thread. Unless we're using PIS here?

I just posted a scan of him being hit by a GL blast.

Yes, him vibrating between the waves of a red star are in the respect thread.

Juntai
I just posted a scan of him being hit by a GL blast.

Yes, him vibrating between the waves of a red star are in the respect thread. Again, it's part of the plot, PC Superman is faster than GL light based energy. Superman's other showings prove this, thus, it's a plot induced event. Not viable.

Enyalus
Again, it's part of the plot, PC Superman is faster than GL light based energy. Superman's other showings prove this, thus, it's a plot induced event. Not viable.

That would make every time he was KO'd in the PC era (a ton of times) a PIS event. No one, logically, should be able to punch him. He's faster than Flash. No one should be able to hit him with energy blasts, either. I call it CIS, instead. Which should be allowed.

Juntai
Yeah, I read the Dominus arc. Superman was sorely outclassed until using T-Vo.

Dominus seemed to be far more mentally weak than Thanos is, though. Dominus > Thanos.

Enyalus
Dominus > Thanos.

I agree. stick out tongue The same Dominus who nearly killed Kismet and practically reduced Superman to tears after using matter manipulation on him to make his body look like water, lol. Oh yeah, and he had his own dimension.

Still, mentally, he seemed pretty unstable.

Juntai
That would make every time he was KO'd in the PC era (a ton of times) a PIS event. No one, logically, should be able to punch him. He's faster than Flash. No one should be able to hit him with energy blasts, either. I call it CIS, instead. Which should be allowed. Once again, Superman's showing support him being able to dodge such.

If your whole arguement is going to be logjammed in CIS and PIS, you've already lost the debate.

PC Superman's power output here would be too much for Thanos. Superman doing a hearty laugh can shake tectonic plates like World War Hulk, let alone actually being in a full offensive and determined mode.

Thanos is out of his class here.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Once again, Superman's showing support him being able to dodge such.

If your whole arguement is going to be logjammed in CIS and PIS, you've already lost the debate.

PC Superman's power output here would be too much for Thanos. Superman doing a hearty laugh can shake tectonic plates like World War Hulk, let alone actually being in a full offensive and determined mode.

Thanos is out of his class here.

No it's you who have lost Juntai... You decide to take all showings like the one mentioned and chalk it up to PIS. That isn't how you debate because it is afterall on panel proof. You could say ever loss that a character has is due to PIS or CIS and thus they never lost because it was all for the sake of the story. Do you see how dangerous and ridiculous that is? Fact is, there are times when logic needs to be used but to say ooo that is just PIS and doesn't count and so are all the other times PC Supes was KO'd because he should be way beyond that. Well that fails miserably

Zack Fair
*Sigh*

Juntai
No it's you who have lost Juntai... You decide to take all showings like the one mentioned and chalk it up to PIS. That isn't how you debate because it is afterall on panel proof. You could say ever loss that a character has is due to PIS or CIS and thus they never lost because it was all for the sake of the story. Do you see how dangerous and ridiculous that is? Fact is, there are times when logic needs to be used but to say ooo that is just PIS and doesn't count and so are all the other times PC Supes was KO'd because he should be way beyond that. Well that fails miserably Once again, if he has proved previously time and again, that he can do such a task, why would someone focus on one time he didn't, and use it as a base of his arguement? It creates a logjam, where I say, Superman can dodge that, or re-direct it, or or smash it, his powers are capable of such, or has proved he can. And someone hangs on to the time he didn't. Trying to hang on to a low showing as such, while disregarding the fact that PC Superman is clearly too powerful offensively for Thanos, is no way to win a debate. Superman could breath Thanos out of the Galaxy. The wind from short clap his hands could destroy a world.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Once again, if he has proved previously time and again, that he can do such a task, why would someone focus on one time he didn't, and use it as a base of his arguement? It creates a logjam, where I say, Superman can dodge that, or re-direct it, or or smash it, his powers are capable of such, or has proved he can. And someone hangs on to the time he didn't. Trying to hang on to a low showing as such, while disregarding the fact that PC Superman is clearly too powerful offensively for Thanos, is no way to win a debate. Superman could breath Thanos out of the Galaxy. A short clap his hands could destroy a world.

There isn't just one showing Juntai that's is the problem. Your saying that is the only time where he was knocked out or handled? I think not he's been knocked out countless times. So, are you chalking all those up to PIS and CIS as well? Fact is, I agree with what your saying to a degree as some logic and respect needs to be used when looking at high feats and low feats. To discredit things and chalk it up to PIS for all the low showings you could turn aroudn and say all that he accomplished was really PIS and for the sake of a story. So, tell me... You don't think Thanos could win a mind battle with Supes?

Juntai
There isn't just one showing Juntai that's is the problem. Your saying that is the only time where he was knocked out or handled? I think not he's been knocked out countless times. So, are you chalking all those up to PIS and CIS as well? Fact is, I agree with what your saying to a degree as some logic and respect needs to be used when looking at high feats and low feats. To discredit things and chalk it up to PIS for all the low showings you could turn aroudn and say all that he accomplished was really PIS and for the sake of a story. So, tell me... You don't think Thanos could win a mind battle with Supes? Nope, but I also don't see the battle coming to that at all. One shot from Supes could potentially end this fight. Send Thanos hurling across the galaxy/universe, or falling through time. How long could Thanos avoid him?
Superman's power output here is much closer to Galactus, than someone on Thanos level. A small blast from Galactus had Thanos pretty much begging for mercy.

Enyalus
No...Galactus had to exert himself in order to break Thanos' forcefield. One of them. He said so on panel.

As far as I know, CIS is allowed unless otherwise specified. PC Supes' low showings, him being knocked out easily, etc, are just that - CIS. Not PIS. That he doesn't decide to dodge everything thrown at him or vibrate between punches, etc, is character stupidity. And he has plenty of low showings, whereas Thanos has none. (Except for Squirrel Girl, but that was probably a clone.)

EDIT: I hope Avlon might be able to clear this up, because I don't have the issue - but I was under the impression that the issue where he sneezed the solar system apart that he had gotten some kind of pixie dust amp beforehand.

Harbinger
No...Galactus had to exert himself in order to break Thanos' forcefield. One of them. He said so on panel.

As far as I know, CIS is allowed unless otherwise specified. PC Supes' low showings, him being knocked out easily, etc, are just that - CIS. Not PIS. That he doesn't decide to dodge everything thrown at him or vibrate between punches, etc, is character stupidity. And he has plenty of low showings, whereas Thanos has none. (Except for Squirrel Girl, but that was probably a clone.)

EDIT: I hope Avlon might be able to clear this up, because I don't have the issue - but I was under the impression that the issue where he sneezed the solar system apart that he had gotten some kind of pixie dust amp beforehand.

One? Doesn't Thanos himself state that he's activating all defensive shielding shortly before Galactus blasts him?

Zack Fair
Hangin' out with Quanchi does that.

Galan007
Courtesy of Galan:

Amazo one-shotting PC Supes with a scrawny-ass GL beam:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_am4-1.jpg Granted, that blast did knock Supes back... but how is that a low showing? Amazo was utilizing a pre-crisis GL's powers, there...

Enyalus
One? Doesn't Thanos himself state that he's activating all defensive shielding shortly before Galactus blasts him?

He does. And Galactus says 'a mere forcefield,' which indicates one.

Originally posted by Galan007
Granted, that blast did knock Supes back... but how is that a low showing? Amazo was utilizing a pre-crisis GL's powers, there...

I, personally, wouldn't call it that. But according to some in this thread, anytime PC Supes gets tagged it's PIS/low showing. Sure, I know PC GL rings are powerful. But more powerful than the energy blasts Thanos dishes out? No.

The Great Galen
Granted, that blast did knock Supes back... but how is that a low showing? Amazo was utilizing a pre-crisis GL's powers, there...

You forget, Thanos>DCU...at least according to Quan and his aborted fetus enyalus.

Harbinger
Jesus facepalm

Enyalus
Jesus facepalm

And Jehovah. Let's give Jews some love, too.

Anywho, Thanos energy blast > GL energy blast, for anyone with any sense at all.

The Great Galen
PC GL energ blast from Amazo>>>Thanos

Enyalus
PC GL energ blast from Amazo>>>Thanos

Doesn't matter who its from. It's a PC GL blast. That's it. Thanos' energy blast overpowered the Maker, who just so happens to have an infinite amount of power at her disposal. His blast is more powerful. PC Supes gets KO'd too easily. Thanos' durability is insane enough to walk through a Gugnir-focused blast from Odin.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512650

Supes can't put him down. And all Thanos needs is a few good shots, or simply trick Superman into doing something stupid - which is quite possible.

Stoic
Pre Crisis Superman is was so ill defined that threads like this one shouldn't exist. No offense intended to the thread starter.

Juntai
Doesn't matter who its from. It's a PC GL blast. laughing laughing laughing

kgkg
Amazo was utilizing a pre-crisis GL's powers, there... Just curious why a GL ring K.oing not a bad Showing for Superman.

I mean in most of the GL issues at that time Hal had to muster all his WIll to do attacks to do planet busting attacks.

For a Superman that was Moving Planets and destroying Solar System it's a bad showing to get one shot

kgkg
Originally posted by Stoic
Pre Crisis Superman is was so ill defined that threads like this one shouldn't exist. No offense intended to the thread starter. I think that's why OP says Current Super man has PC powers.

meaning Superman wins

The Great Galen
So PC supes being one shotted by Amazo is a low showing yet Thanos beng hurt by a blackhole isn't?

kgkg
So PC supes being one shotted by Amazo is a low showing yet Thanos beng hurt by a blackhole isn't? Being one shot by a GL ring is bad showing for a Superman that destroyed a solar system.

The Great Galen
It was from Amazo, not to mention GL rings are stated as being the most power weapon in the universe depending on the users will power...Amazo with GL ring is scary shit if u ask me.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by kgkg
Being one shot by a GL ring is bad showing for a Superman that destroyed a solar system.
Pc rings had no limits on them they have like an infinite charge...getting ****ed up by a blackhole is a much much bigger low showing.

kgkg
It was from Amazo, not to mention GL rings are stated as being the most power weapon in the universe depending on the users will power...Amazo with GL ring is scary shit if u ask me. Gl rings have been called the most powerful weapon true but it's powered by will power. In Pre Crisis Hal had to muster lots of will power to to move city size structures / destroy planet type of blast. - and those feats would usually go with "i have muster all the will power".

Even say Amazo had better Will than hal one shot still a bad thing.

Current Superman will never get One-Shot

It doesn't really matter though most of the low PC showing are stupid either way. big grin

Enyalus
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Pc rings had no limits on them they have like an infinite charge...getting ****ed up by a blackhole is a much much bigger low showing.

It's not really, considering Asteroth (a chaos force, universal destroying threat) was killed by one. We all know Thanos doesn't have the speed to escape one. And he doesn't have any aura of invulnerability. That was all durability. Not very impressive, but not a low showing either.

kgkg
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Pc rings had no limits on them they have like an infinite charge...getting ****ed up by a blackhole is a much much bigger low showing. PC rings had limits - have you read any Pre-Hal stuff?

power is based on "WILL" - and hal was far from limitless on what he could do.

and i agree Blackhole is terrible showing for Thanos

vlaaad12345
She was universal potential if she gained her powers back,she was never a actual universal level power at that point in time.

The Great Galen
It's not really, considering Asteroth (a chaos force, universal destroying threat) was killed by one. We all know Thanos doesn't have the speed to escape one. And he doesn't have any aura of invulnerability. That was all durability. Not very impressive, but not a low showing either.

it was a low showing, especially considering he took blows that knocked SS on his ass in one shot. Getting blasted by a GL beam from Amazo would be comparable to SS getting oneshotted by Odin....not really a low showing.

kgkg
it was a low showing, especially considering he took blows that knocked SS on his ass in one shot. Getting blasted by a GL beam from Amazo would be comparable to SS getting oneshotted by Odin....not really a low showing. The difference is Odin can make the blast as powerful as he want. Amazo did not/can not - his powers are limited to his WILL at least for the ring "shot"

Enyalus
it was a low showing, especially considering he took blows that knocked SS on his ass in one shot. Getting blasted by a GL beam from Amazo would be comparable to SS getting oneshotted by Odin....not really a low showing.

Gonna tell me AMAZO, an android, has more willpower than a top tier lantern?

Hell no.

The Great Galen
The difference is Odin can make the blast as powerful as he want. Amazo did not/can not - his powers are limited to his WILL at least for the ring "shot"

Odin can make a blast as powerful as he wants yet Amazo whom used a device that reflecs willpower can not make the blast as powerful as he wants.....

kgkg
Odin can make a blast as powerful as he wants yet Amazo whom used a device that reflecs willpower can not make the blast as powerful as he wants..... not his Gl ring "blast" which he used on Superman smile unless you can show otherwise

The Great Galen
not his Gl ring "blast" which he used on Superman smile unless you can show otherwise

So it's impossile to assume a GL blast from Amazo would operate on a different level then lets say Hal....the guy does have the combine attributes of the JLA. At anyrate why does it matter, Thanos still has way to many things to worry about.

kgkg
So it's impossile to assume a GL blast from Amazo would operate on a different level then lets say Hal....the guy does have the combine attributes of the JLA. At anyrate why does it matter, Thanos still has way to many things to worry about. Am not arguing for Thanos i already said Superman wins.

am saying the Gl "ring" shot is one of many low feat for PC Superman, especially considering his power set.

The Great Galen
Well if u consider it a low showing then fine, personally I consider SS being 6 shotted by thanos a low showing but meh.

Enyalus
Well if u consider it a low showing then fine, personally I consider SS being 6 shotted by thanos a low showing but meh.

SS isn't in this thread. Quit baiting.

The Great Galen
Quan u didnt have to sign in with 2 different accounts u know.

Enyalus
Just to irritate you. Be flattered.

The Great Galen
Man so many folks seemd to have multiple personalities...at least ur not a transgender, I think right?

Enyalus
Man so many folks seemd to have multiple personalities...at least ur not a transgender, I think right?

Would you be interested? I have pics. wink

kgkg
Would you be interested? I have pics. wink droolio

Avlon
Current Superman can beat Thanos.

This match is just pure spite against the mad titan.

Mindset
Originally posted by Avlon

In your opinion.

Avlon
Originally posted by Mindset
In your opinion.

In "reality."

Have a nice day. smile

Juntai
Current Superman can beat Thanos. Agreed, he could.

Avlon
Agreed, he could.

Physically, Hypothetically, or realistically. smile

Enyalus

If by beating Thanos you mean getting stomped on worse than the Silver Surfer was by Thanos, I'd wholeheartedly agree.

Mindset
In "reality."

Have a nice day. smile In your reality.

Have a nice day. smile

Avlon
In your reality.

Have a nice day. smile

In real reality...where comics are printed to make money and what we use as source material to debate.

Feel free to live in your vanilla sky reality. smile

Good day sir.

Avlon
If by beating Thanos you mean getting stomped on worse than the Silver Surfer was by Thanos, I'd wholeheartedly agree.

Omg! Tanoz beatz teh surfa weeth da punchez so now he kan beet zupes!

LOL.

Enyalus
Omg! Tanoz beatz teh surfa weeth da punchez so now he kan beet zupes!

LOL.

Okay - off the top of my head, he's overpowered both Hulk and Thing at the same time. That's > Supes' strength. (No, I am not saying that Hulk or Thing is stronger than Superman, I'm saying overpowering them both at once makes it so.) He's also stalemated DP Tyrant in a physical grappling contest, who is about skyfather level.

He's dodged blows thrown at superspeed before (Thanos Quest and Infinity Gauntlet comes to mind most immediately). That means Supes' speed shouldn't be an issue.

He's walked through an Asgard-empowered Odin blast focused through his skyfather level weapon, Gungir. That's > Supes' HV.

His own energy blasts have knocked Galactus (high level abstract in power) through his ship and across a moon. It's also overpowered the Beyonder's own energy blast. Beyonder has infinite power. That's > Supes' power output.

He's got shielding capable of withstanding planet-destroying punches. Energy manipulation and absorption capabilities. Which means red sun radiation for Supes. Matter manipulation capabilities. Which means Kryptonite radiation for Supes. And he's a master of black magic. Which Supes still has a weakness to.

I'm sure there are more reasons why Thanos would defeat current Superman, but alas, I'm only half-awake.

Avlon
Okay - off the top of my head, he's overpowered both Hulk and Thing at the same time. That's > Supes' strength. (No, I am not saying that Hulk or Thing is stronger than Superman, I'm saying overpowering them both at once makes it so.) He's also stalemated DP Tyrant in a physical grappling contest, who is about skyfather level.

Ok. To address that, Superman has overpowered both Lobo and Lar-Gand (Daxamite) at the same time. That's >>>> Thanos strength.

For Tyrant he had an enhancement at the time. Enhanced Supes overpowered Imperiex powered Braniac 13. :-)

He's dodged blows thrown at superspeed before (Thanos Quest and Infinity Gauntlet comes to mind most immediately). That means Supes' speed shouldn't be an issue.

If a slow brick like Thanos can dodge superspeed...then imagine what someone who's second only to the flashes can do?

Things (which Supes has already done) like round up an invading army into a ball and toss them into a dimensional portal before said army can react.

He's walked through an Asgard-empowered Odin blast focused through his skyfather level weapon, Gungir. That's > Supes' HV.

He's flown through red sunlight galaxy sized suneater blasts and through pissed off Darkseid Omega effect. That's > Thanos blasts.

His own energy blasts have knocked Galactus (high level abstract in power) through his ship and across a moon. It's also overpowered the Beyonder's own energy blast. Beyonder has infinite power. That's > Supes' power output.

His own power has let him hold black holes in his hand, punch with unstoppable infinite force, and turn galaxy sized gears, sealed wormholes, and trapped Dominus. Dominus has infinite power.
That's all >>>>Thanos.

He's got shielding capable of withstanding planet-destroying punches. Energy manipulation and absorption capabilities. Which means red sun radiation for Supes. Matter manipulation capabilities. Which means Kryptonite radiation for Supes. And he's a master of black magic. Which Supes still has a weakness to.

His own durability has taken double black holes, and with T-vo he's shown energy manipulation and absorption capabilities. He's reversed reality control, punched through death, and defeated Blaze (skyfather level) in her own dimension.

All above Thanos level.

I'm sure there are more reasons why Thanos would defeat current Superman, but alas, I'm only half-awake.

There are more feats that equal or surpass Thanos under their own power and without prep..but I'm just chillaxin.

That and half the Thanos stuff is miscontrued, unproven, or just plain flat wrong.

The Great Galen
Not to mention Thanos usually has some"prep"or enhancment during his higher feats. The funny thing about this is Supes would be given a win over Thanos if it came down to it. IMO someone like SS and Thor should be able to do so as well but....well we know the story there.

Wei Phoenix
Not to mention Thanos usually has some"prep"or enhancment during his higher feats. The funny thing about this is Supes would be given a win over Thanos if it came down to it. IMO someone like SS and Thor should be able to do so as well but....well we know the story there.

The story of how two characters above Superman can't even beat Thanos? Tis a great story.

The Great Galen
Hardly above him I'd say.

Wei Phoenix
Which one Thor or Surfer?

The Great Galen
Both overall.

Mindset
In real reality...where comics are printed to make money and what we use as source material to debate.

Feel free to live in your vanilla sky reality. smile

Good day sir.

And in your reality this source material gives Supes the win.

Keep living in the reality where you and Superman are lovers. smile

Good day to you as well.

tsscls
Originally posted by shokosugi
In this case, yeah!

The Great Galen
I wouldn't call Thanos "B-level"...but damn I was very shocked at the treatment he got in the "marvel encyclopedia". It was a freaking paragraph...a short one on top of that. It really pissed me off especially considering every Spidey villian including vulture got a full page....sigh.

Avlon
And in your reality this source material gives Supes the win.

Keep living in the reality where you and Superman are lovers. smile

Good day to you as well.

Yep. Source material. The stuff that would be used in a debate.

I got your pm. I will attend the wedding between you and Joe Q. Sorry to hear that your Marvel goggles are still foggy, but I still think you're a swell guy. wink

Juntai
Superman decimates Thanos here.

occultdestroyer
Current Supes is nearing PC levels.
I don't see Thanos winning at all.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Current Supes is nearing PC levels.
I don't see Thanos winning at all.
Lol, no way. He can't even time travel easily. Infact I don't recall him time traveling on his power. I don't remember him sneezing out solar systems, or move planets with ease. He is not near his level/

Enyalus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Lol, no way. He can't even time travel easily. Infact I don't recall him time traveling on his power. I don't remember him sneezing out solar systems, or move planets with ease. He is not near his level/

Very true. Hell, he's been dropped by Dr. Light.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by xJLxKing
So far, not yet.
But he is slowly but surely becoming stronger than he was from his Post-Crisis levels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.