Exactly how strong is Magneto's shield?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fascistcrusader
I've read a few things on Magneto's EM shield, but I'm not sure how powerful it actually is. One source says its taken hits from Galactus, so it must be pretty strong, but could it survive all of these?

Thor's god blast

A punch from a fully confident Gladiator

Sentry's unrestrained power

An energy blast from a well fed Galactus

An energy blast from Dark Phoenix going all out

Blackbolt's most powerful scream

One day of continuous beating from the Red Hulk or World War Hulk

If you feel it could survive all of these, do you think there's anything out there that could break it? Please refrain from obvious answers like Classic Beyonder just making it go away or any other omnipotent beings doing something like that.

wannabe
Cyclops once almost managed to break it, so i don't think that it would last long agains any of the powers you brought up.

peejayd
* true, Cyclops' optic blasts almost managed to penetrate through it... however, if Magneto's protective field is derived from his ability to manipulate magnetic fields, then the shield can withstand powerful attacks from non-cosmic entities... canonically, it has been stated to withstand forces as significant as the detonation of a nuclear warhead... smile

KingD19
True, Magneto did take a full shot from a WEAKENED Galactus, but as for the others, it depends on Magneto's actual health and strength at the moment.

Thor's god blast : Maybe before he became the new lord and master of Asgard and all the Norse Gods, but not now that he has the Thor Force.

A punch from a fully confident Gladiator : Possibly.

Sentry's unrestrained power : No

An energy blast from a well fed Galactus : No

An energy blast from Dark Phoenix going all out : No

Blackbolt's most powerful scream : Possibly

One day of continuous beating from the Red Hulk or World War Hulk : Absolutely not.

emmaandroguefan
Magneto would be destroy against any of those attacks, except Black Bolt and Gladiator, Peace.

Nighty101
I'd say it is almost as powerful as Logan's punch after someone stole his beer and kicked him in the D***

Darth Jello
There are probably a few other ways to get through the shield. Sienna Blaze for example. He powers were based on ripping apart magnetic fields. Bolt/Maverick II and Electro may be able to siphon off that power. Blob may be able to disrupt it with a very strong gravity field if he were to stand right next to Magneto.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.