Yoda Vs Caedus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Icy Ninja
Rots Yoda Vs Darth Caedus
1.Sabers
2.Force
3.All out

SIDIOUS 66
Darn! I wanna say Yoda.

xxxpoppunker182
i'd say yoda in every area

Lucien A
Teh guy who opposed LoTF Lewk? Like hell Yoda's gonna win.

Slash_KMC
Yowda will slice Caedus' right foot off, and then Caedus will lose his balance and fall which will give Yoda the advantage.

Yoda will then laugh how bad Caedus his character is compared to himself.

Red Nemesis
I'd be willing to side with Caedus. He has Skywalker blood and arguably greater Force Mastery than the Grandmaster has shown us yet. Caedus takes this by an inch.

Darth Sexy
Caedus has "different" techniques, but I believe Yoda's mastery is greater, not to mention 800 years of honing various force abilities. He wins each fight.

Gideon
Originally posted by Lucien A
Teh guy who opposed LoTF Lewk?

So did Lumiya.

I'm definitely favoring Yoda here. He's far more accomplished.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Gideon
So did Lumiya.

I'm definitely favoring Yoda here. He's far more accomplished.
You know when you post, there is no need for anyone else to post afterwards Happy Dance
Yoda wins

SIDIOUS 66
Come to think of it, what has Jacen done so great with the force, besides the flow walk thing, and that one time thing he did against the Vong? I don't know to much about him. I just hear a lot of people say how powerful he was.

Gideon
Solo was powerful. He managed to hold his own and seriously injure the sneak attack of a hate-ridden Luke Skywalker. During the Dark Nest crisis, he demonstrated the power to deceive Skywalker via illusion, outright stating that the Fallanassi (sp?) regarded him to be a better student than Luke. Likewise, Lumiya believed that Solo's knowledge was "broader" than Palpatine's (though she is mistaken). Likewise, he outdueled Kyle Katarn and a squad of Jedi Knights sent to kill him -- the same Katarn who overpowered some of the Empire's finest dark Jedi as a mere neophyte -- and dominated Jaina Solo, despite having only use of one hand.

That said, Yoda has demonstrated greater strength in the Force, a greater understanding of the Force, superior agility and superior speed. That "Jacen held his own against LotF LUKE!" is entirely irrelevant. He's not a god.

BruceSkywalker
Yoda in a landslide

Faunus
Yoda, narrowly.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Yoda in a landslide

Yeah,uh.... no this fight will be very close no matter who is the victor.

Yoda takes it.

Allankles
Caedus the recent great tragedy of the NJO EU. A character who would have worked great as a maveric/unconventional Jedi, turned into an odd (for the most part) unconvincing Sith Lord.
And his death was actually a mercy to a character who was quite simply ruined after the Vong crisis.

Unfortunately the writers are doing the opposite with Cade Skywalker now there's a character who would be great as an unconventional Sith/ dark jedi, but instead is being under used as a reforming Jedi.

If writers didn't focus so much on things like power levels, (and good guys winning) and actually gave non-Skywalker force users more credit, Cade would be a great character.

That said, Yoda triumphs in all the scenarios.

Taven
I think this deserves a bump. With all the new information on Caedus being brought to light, I'd love to see someone make an argument for Yoda on this one.

Darth Sexy
Make an argument for Yoda? An 800 year old Jedi master with force mastery and overall knowledge superior to anyone except for Palpatine. What exactly is Caedus going to do against him? Force lightning? Shatterpoint? Yoda has all of the bases covered.

Taven
Well I'm not going to get involved in this one as I can only parrot what Red and Elite have been saying, but could you give me some of Yoda's relevant combat related displays of mastery and knowledge? Caedus appears to be the far more versatile master of the Force.

Darth Sexy
More versatile mastery? Against whom? What does he have relevant in a fight against an 800 year old Jedi master who nearly defeated Sidious in combat? Who defeated Dooku not once but twice. Who defeated MULTIPLE dark jedi during the Dark Jedi Conflict. He is a lightsider who appears to just push back darkside techniques against their users. There is nothing Caedus can surprise him with.

Taven
"Well I'm not going to get involved in this one as I can only parrot what Red and Elite have been saying"

Taven
Stupid dickhead.

Edit

Edit

Taven
Oh my God I cannot believe I just said that.

Taven
edit

Taven
stupid edit button will not work

Taven
I AM SO SORRY

Final Blaxican
no expression

Elite Hunter
As I said back on page one, I don't see Caedus winning but this is going to be a tough fight for Yoda to win, which he will.

Faunus
Caedus would make it damn close in all of them, but the Force-battle would be very interesting. Technically speaking, being more powerful than Vader (80% as powerful as OT Palpatine) would put him very close to PT Palpatine's level of power, and one might argue that he does indeed have a broader range of knowledge than that incarnation of the character.

He's already demonstrated that he can hold his own surprisingly well against a vastly more powerful combatant, so I might not even rule out a victory here.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Faunus
Caedus would make it damn close in all of them, but the Force-battle would be very interesting. Technically speaking, being more powerful than Vader (80% as powerful as OT Palpatine) would put him very close to PT Palpatine's level of power, and one might argue that he does indeed have a broader range of knowledge than that incarnation of the character.

He's already demonstrated that he can hold his own surprisingly well against a vastly more powerful combatant, so I might not even rule out a victory here.

And Yoda was at the very least, on par with ROTS Sidious. So what? Him being able to hold his own against Luke isn't as relevant as you make it out to be. He isn't as fast as Yoda, nor as good as Yoda with the saber, nor does he have the overall force mastery that Yoda possesses.

Faunus
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
And Yoda was at the very least, on par with ROTS Sidious. So what?You say this like it should detract from Caedus.

He wasn't as fast Luke, nor as good as Luke with the saber. He was also nowhere near as powerful. He still held his own, despite the fact that Luke was enraged (see: TPM Obi-Wan, ROTJ Luke) and got the jump on him.

Darth Truculent
TKO on Yoda's part - I mean Yoda would win. We have to assume that Caedus is at minimum as strong as Yoda. But Yoda with 900 years of being a Jedi, then I think experience would win here.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
TKO on Yoda's part - I mean Yoda would win. We have to assume that Caedus is at minimum as strong as Yoda. But Yoda with 900 years of being a Jedi, then I think experience would win here. Just to say it, I don't think Yoda was a Jedi for every single year of his life.

Lethal Rogue
Most of the years probably, because jedi start from a young age. But I remember hearing somewhere that yoda had 800 years of experience. Anyway though:
1. Yoda
2. Yoda, barely
3. Yoda, barely

Vorpal Ruin
Even if Yoda didn't begin his training until he was 200, he would still have 700 years of Jedi training under his belt. It would be nice to get a novel on Yodas history.

Lethal Rogue
Yeah, definitely.

Faunus
He said he'd taught Jedi for eight hundred years as of ESB/RotJ, so I imagine he joined the Order well before his hundreth birthday.

Gideon
No, there need not be a novelization about Yoda's "early days." As much as I love the character, he's a supporting one, not designed to fit the bill of primary protagonist. Much of his allure comes from enigma and mystery.

Not to mention three hundred pages full of his backward syntax would really grate on my nerves.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Gideon
Not to mention three hundred pages full of his backward syntax would really grate on my nerves.

You got me there. It could be told from someone elses point of view that is close to Yoda though, a new character. Perhaps Yoda's Master could be the main character.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
You got me there. It could be told from someone elses point of view that is close to Yoda though, a new character. Perhaps Yoda's Master could be the main character. Just to say this, but creating stories/games/CGI-movies about characters that didn't need to be brought into existence is how Lucas and co. assassinated their own creation.

Faunus
*cough*revan*cough*

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Just to say this, but creating stories/games/CGI-movies about characters that didn't need to be brought into existence is how Lucas and co. assassinated their own creation.

Eh i guess.

It can work though, maybe he could still be just a supporting character, only in his 'younger' days. Like the Cestus Deception made Kit Fisto cooler.

Lord Lucien
Yeah but Kit already existed thanks to the movies. I don't like the idea of traversing back almost a thousand years just to create a supporting character. Leaving Yoda, like Palpatine, with an unknown history makes Yoda's character tolerable (I don't like Yoda).

Vorpal Ruin
Aww now whats not to like about Yoda?

Gideon
I just don't think he'd make a great main protagonist.

Lord Lucien
I just can't stand his voice.

MadMel
"when hand up backside you have, talk as good, you will not" stick out tongue

btw yoda wins..

Darth Truculent
Yoda takes this - a Jedi Master of the Old Republic who is the 2nd strongest Jedi Master in history takes this. Not easy though - Lightsaber and all out are even, but Force Yoda takes it.

Lethal Rogue
Yoda wins because he is just awesome.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.