13 Best Deaths in Horror

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathbycorn
Bloody Disgusting have posted a list of the 13 best creative deaths in horror films so I have come up with my own. Feel free to post what you think and post some of your own.

1. Guy gets faced skinned off in Dagon
2. Guy gets cut in half by glass doors in 13 Ghosts
3. Barbed Wire death in Final Destination 2
4. Kid gets knife in head in Inside
5. The deaths in The Blob (1988) are all great
6. The Wire Board death in Cube
7. The guy gets gutted in Candyman 2
8. First death of Farmer in Children of the Corn 4
9. Acid Melt death in Deep Rising
10. Circular Saw to the chest in Haute Tension
11. Ripped in half by two trucks in The Hitcher remake
12. Guy bleeds to death from Voodoo doll in Children of the Corn 2
13. Guy gets ripped apart by ghosts in Return to House on Haunted Hill

jaden101
2 of the deaths in the fly 2 were always good...the elevator squashing the guy until he bursts...and the guy peeling his face off after getting acid puked on him

a few of the ones in the saw series are standouts too...the guy getting his limbs twisted until all the bones break and rip out his skin

frontier(s) table saw and steam room deaths...

the ****ed up video from event horizon that they eventually decifer

the nailgun accident in the final destination 3 (i think it's that anyway...can remember)

BackFire
In no order.

Eye splinter from Zombi 2

Home invasion scene from Henry

Woman gets raped and beaten to death with big rock in Cannibal Holocaust

Shotgun to the head in the original Dawn of the Dead

Hanging on the meat hook in the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Guy getting eyelid ripped off in Day of the Dead

Scalping scene in Salo

Chick getting impaled and ripped in half with a wooden post in Jason goes to Hell

Zombie kid killing her mother in NOTLD

Rape and decapitation from Cannibal Holocaust

Castration scene from I Spit on Your Grave

Fire Extinguisher splatter head from Irreversible.

And this isn't really a murder scene, but it's the most disturbing scene I've ever seen in a horror film - the scene in August Underground Mordum where one of the guys is having sex with the corpse of a little girl in a bathtub. Really the only worthwhile scene from the film.

jaden101
oh...forgot to say...the machette killing in 28 days later when the guy gets a cut on his arm after the attack in the house and his friend chops him to bits

Dr. Leg Kick
most of the ones mentioned are perfect examples thumb up

i've always liked pyramid head (forgot his name) where he rips off the girls skin from Silent Hill.

Impediment
In no order:

-The Stairway Decapitation in High Tension
-Rhodes getting torn apart in Day of The Dead
-Quint getting eaten by the shark in Jaws
-The family murdered by Henry and Otis in Henry
-The woman getting hit by the 18 wheeler in The Devil's Rejects
-Bob getting stabbed and pinned to the wall by Michael Myers in the original Halloween.
-Tina's death in A Nightmare on Elm Street.
-Ben getting shot at the end of Night of the Living Dead
-The guy's head exploding from Scanners.

That's all I can think of for right now. More to come later.

jaden101
Originally posted by Impediment

-The guy's head exploding from Scanners.

hell yeah...always a classic

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/90/273969765_6f81580ef0_o.gif

Dr. Leg Kick
Leprechaun exploding the guys penis (Leprechaun 4 in Space)

Scythe
Ah, geez. I'll hava to think about this and get back to ya on this, but I remember my all time stupidest death ever.

The kid at the BBQ from the ending one of those horrible Final Destination movies.

"Bryan!!!!!!"

Explody!

Hahaha!

rox
saw 2. guy gets his face stab by nails from the iron mask in the beginning

WrathfulDwarf
I have my own list but this time... I'll name some different ones (but I will include some of Fulci films since I'm a fan!)

-All the innocent killings in Men Behind the Sun.

-Uncle Frank's death in Hellraiser.

-Eye splinter in Lucio Fulci's Zombie.

-The child's death in the remake of The Blob.

-The eye scene in Lucio Fulci's New York Ripper.

-In The Untold Story there is sickening scene in which the cook shoves chopsticks into the woman's vagina that really make feel guilty for watching...

-Again, in The Untold Story there is yet ANOTHER sickening scene in which the cook punctures the 5 year old kid's throat. It made me feel guilty for watching and felt VERY unconfortable.

-In Suspiria the scene in which the blind guy gets mauled by his own dog was sad and disturbing at the same time. Also the girl falling into the barb wire and try to free herself...only to kill herself.

-Practically every death in The Story of Ricki Oh! It was just so damn awesome and cool and I can't just leave this film out of this list.

-The soldiers deaths in Day of the Dead.

-The dead of the painter in Lucio Fulci's The Beyond. Sadistic, cruel, yet soooo unforgettable.

-Killing the baby in Eraserhead.

-And of course not a gore scene but the saddest death in a horror film.....Sgt. Howie's death in the Wicker man (I'm speaking of the original not that horseshit with Cage)

I know I left out Cannibal Holocaust, Cannibal Ferox, Manhunter, Evil Dead, and Chainsaw massacre...but, those are popular enough.

Worth mentioning....There is a scene in one of Deodato's and (Fulci's film) in which a guy is ripped in half. Which till this day....I get squimish thinking about it.

rox
the girls carwreck death in "death proof". thats was just brutal

Blinky
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the photographer's death in the original The Omen ... classic.

ragesRemorse
At the moment I can't think of any that haven't already been mentioned. I will have to think on this and look over my collection. Hellraiser definitely deserves a mention though. I know the first three movies, all had some bad ass death scenes. The death at the end of the first is probably the most notable though

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.