Episode 8x11: Legion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hermione7
January episode

# 10/27 - Three Legionnaires from the future will appear - and if you're guessing it's the same roster that appeared in their first appearance way back when, you guessed correctly... the three Legionnaires will be Garth, Imra, and Rokk, who have powers of electricity, telepathy, and magnetism, respectively. Source: KryptonSite
# 10/06 - The threat of Brainiac - who has taken over Chloe's body - brings three super-heroes from the future back to the past. Eventually they work together to try and separate Chloe from her Brainiac side. Erica Durance, Aaron Ashmore, Cassidy Freeman, and Justin Hartley do not appear in this episode. This episode features a Legion villain that Johns himself is surprised he was able to use. No word on who yet, but our money's on Darkseid, Mordru, or the Time Trapper. Source: KryptonSite
UPDATED 10/14/08: Three Legionnaires from the future will appear - and if you're guessing it's the same roster that appeared in their first appearance way back when, you guessed correctly... the three Legionnaires will be Garth, Imra, and Rokk, who have powers of electricity, telepathy, and magnetism, respectively.

jumpmann
Best episode of the series and it hasn't even aired yet!

What an accomplishment.

hermione7
so lets have pics

UPDATED 9/2/08: Chances are good that this will be the Jimmy and Chloe wedding episode, and it has been said that the event will be a "bloody mess."

- Comments from "Legion" writer Geoff Johns also imply episode #10 will be a big event: "I can tell you with confidence, the season they have planned is easily the most ambitious to date," he said in a forum posting. "There are so many twists and turns. And episode 10. Episode 10 is INSANE. My episode is now 11, so it's going to be a hard act to follow, but I'll give it my all. I have to say too, that if they pull off where they're taking Doomsday...I mean, I didn't understand where they were going when they announced that Doomsday had a human alter ego. But it's freaking cool. As hell. And fans of the comics are going to be blown away when everything is actually revealed. It's really pretty spectacular."

"Legion" Casting Update: "Cosmic Boy" Found!
Actor Ryan Kennedy has been cast in the role of Rokk Krinn, a.k.a. "Cosmic Boy" of the Legion of Super-Heroes in "Legion," the eleventh episode of Smallville Season Eight airing in early 2009.

Kennedy's previous credits include the series Whistler and Blade: The Series. He was also in the movie "Crossroads: A Story Of Forgiveness" with former Superman and "Curtis Knox" himself, Dean Cain. Thanks to Andy for the tip

Calum Worthy will be playing Garth Ranzz/Lightning Lad.

hermione7
i dont really know legion.. i've seen some commercials of this animated series.. but don't know really all of them..

Cosmic Boy
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/buffywill07/ryankennedy.jpg

Lightning Lad
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/buffywill07/CallumWorthy.jpg

jumpmann
Picture taken in 2004...let's hope his balls have dropped since then.

hermione7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oybbP7hX56M

well they are here

hermione7

hermione7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQKjqY69O2g

jumpmann
Pretty good episode.

starlock
Originally posted by jumpmann
Pretty good episode.

I agree... thumb up

BruceSkywalker
Finally an episode worth talking about..

One of Smallville's best

Badabing
It was cool to see the LOS in the episode. Lana actually didn't irk me. Wish there was more DD but an overall good episode.

Raoul
just finished watching this. there's a heavy geoff johns influence throughout, which is natual given he's the writer, but it goes further than that.

it gave smallville a big, big push towards the comics in many ways, such as lana (more comic lana than she's ever been) and the legion themselves. lots of in jokes, and lightning lad's constant references to superman was very, very well done imo. the flight rings were cool, and even clark seemed to be more confident and more decisive than he had been in previous episodes.

makes me wish johns wrote more smallville.

Badabing
Where's Hermione? There's no thread for the last episode. How am I supposed to gripe about Lana now? The whole system is breaking down! nuts

jumpmann
Originally posted by Badabing
Where's Hermione? There's no thread for the last episode. How am I supposed to gripe about Lana now? The whole system is breaking down! nuts
Yeah...dunno what I'm supposed to do anymore. I've just been wondering the streets until a new thread appears.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.