So, who is faster...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

olympian
At reaction and figthing speeds?

Genin lvls: Sasuke, Shikamaru and Sakura OR Kisame, Hidan and Kakuzu?

Spit thread? Not according to Wii7 wink

Magee
Sasuke has shown greater speed than all the Akatsuki members there even before the time skip. I don't really understand what your saying though, what the hell is a spit thread. Sasuke is faster than them all, the akatsuki members are faster then shikamaru and sakura.

Terryc250
It says GENIN LVL.

Sasuke in his current is probably one of the fastest akatsuki's.

But Genin level he is much BELOW all 3.

Those 3 Akatsuki are faster then your average Jounin.

olympian
Originally posted by Magee
Sasuke has shown greater speed than all the Akatsuki members there even before the time skip. I don't really understand what your saying though, what the hell is a spit thread. Sasuke is faster than them all, the akatsuki members are faster then shikamaru and sakura.

Genin Sasuke. Actually if i wanted to be more especific, i would even say "pre chunin exam" Sasuke and co, but i dont really have to.

Just make the comparations with those at Genin and the Akatsuki.

Bada's Palin
I dare say Hidan and Kisame aren't that far below Sasuke now either. Sasuke can't possibly be much faster than Kakashi (experienced Jounin with Mangekyou as well) and Hidan seemed to have an edge against him.

Magee
Sasuke is faster than them all after his training with Kakashi. Just because Kakashi can't beat Hidan does not make him faster or automaticaly as fast. Not many people have shown great displays of speed and judging from what we have seen Sasuke is faster even during the chunnin exams.

Bada's Palin
Sasuke is faster than them all after his training with Kakashi. Just because Kakashi can't beat Hidan does not make him faster or automaticaly as fast. Not many people have shown great displays of speed and judging from what we have seen Sasuke is faster even during the chunnin exams.

I was referring to Kakuzu, not Hidan actually.

Sasuke was equal to Lee when giving his speed a mass of chakra. Lee was no faster than an ordinary Jounin.

God you're stupid.

olympian
Maybe we need to post again, the Jounin easily stopping an attack from a pissed Neji, even tho, three of them were on a distance?

Csdabest
No genin is faster than a jounin

Terryc250
.. No he's not.. He was faster then the genins yeah, and equal with Rock Lee, but DEFINATELY not the jounins. Kakashi, Gai, Asuma, are far far far faster then chuunin exam Sasuke.

braveheart
sasuke

Magee
What is this crap? So now when a ninja becomes a jounin they automaticaly become faster than lee with his weights off? Get a clue people, most jounin are just fodder that can't do any thing. Simple fact is no one has been shown in the anime yet fighting at the speed lee and sasuke did during the chunnin exams. Deal with it.

Terryc250
.. So you're saying Genin Sasuke is close to Gai's speed? Jounins are just fodders? Do you even read the manga? Just because Sasuke got those flashy effects like Lee, he's now at Jounin level speed? The same Jounins who were able to fight to fight speed-wise at the same level as Kisame, while (after time-skip) Lee, Neji, Tenten were outmached by clones of the 30% clone of Kisame, and couldn't even avoid his attack.

Csdabest
if its current i must say sasuke

olympian
Its not. Its pre genin Sasuke. And even current Sasuke isent faster than everyone of the akatuski that we have seen so far.

and lol at genins being faster than a known Jounin. Even the examiner was faster than Neji to stop him before he hit Hinata.

Magee
Originally posted by Terryc250
.. So you're saying Genin Sasuke is close to Gai's speed? Jounins are just fodders? Do you even read the manga? Just because Sasuke got those flashy effects like Lee, he's now at Jounin level speed? The same Jounins who were able to fight to fight speed-wise at the same level as Kisame, while (after time-skip) Lee, Neji, Tenten were outmached by clones of the 30% clone of Kisame, and couldn't even avoid his attack. So now Kisame is fast? Kisame has never shown any speed at all, he is quite possibley the slowest of all Akatsuki (mainly due to his sword). You are using a>b>c logic which does not work for Naruto. Again, Lee and Sasuke have displayed greater speed than any one else so by default they are the fastest regardless of rank. Sure kakashi, Gai, other jounin and high level ninja are probably faster but they have yet to show it. I suppose shikamaru, choji and ino's dads are all faster because they are jounin right?

Terryc250
Besides the fact that genin Sasuke like got a boner just by seeing Gai's regular speed, genin Neji was easily stopped by Jounins, Gai went from the stands to stopping basically a point blank range of Gaara's sand instantly. Now what has Sasuke or Lee done that puts them at Jounin level speed?

Kisame, Kakashi, Gai, Asuma, are all reletively close in speed, Kakashi was the one who trained Sasuke to achieve that speed, Gai was the one who trained Lee to achieve that speed. Logically the guy who has been training about twice as long as the genins are faster, hell Kakashi has been a jounin since he was like 12, he's one of the greatest genius' of his time, Gai is probably even faster then Kakashi. These guys dwarf the genins in speed. Asuma is close to Gai/Kakashi's speed, and the rest of the Jounins are probably below, but not as far down as the genins, as shown how they easily stopped Neji. Sasuke during the chuunin exam was about Lee speed max.

Nothing suggests that the genins are jounin level in speed, nothing.

Where was it even stated that the dads were jounin?

Magee
Originally posted by Terryc250
Besides the fact that genin Sasuke like got a boner just by seeing Gai's regular speed, genin Neji was easily stopped by Jounins, Gai went from the stands to stopping basically a point blank range of Gaara's sand instantly. Now what has Sasuke or Lee done that puts them at Jounin level speed?

Kisame, Kakashi, Gai, Asuma, are all reletively close in speed, Kakashi was the one who trained Sasuke to achieve that speed, Gai was the one who trained Lee to achieve that speed. Logically the guy who has been training about twice as long as the genins are faster, hell Kakashi has been a jounin since he was like 12, he's one of the greatest genius' of his time, Gai is probably even faster then Kakashi. These guys dwarf the genins in speed. Asuma is close to Gai/Kakashi's speed, and the rest of the Jounins are probably below, but not as far down as the genins, as shown how they easily stopped Neji. Sasuke during the chuunin exam was about Lee speed max.

Nothing suggests that the genins are jounin level in speed, nothing.

Where was it even stated that the dads were jounin? You realise that every thing you wrote is just opinion, you are just guessing about people's speed. Kakashi didn't teach Sasuke that speed, the only reason he could move that fast was because he seen Lee with his sharingan, it has no bearing on Kakashi's speed at all. Not like Kakashi could teach Naruto how to move that fast. You can't "teach" speed. Lee moves that fast because of his hard work and walking around with weights, Kakashi, Gai, every one was amazed by Lee's speed.

You are saying every Jounin has a base speed which is automatically greater than any gennin simply because of there title. Do you not see how stupid that is?

Also what is the Neji thing your talking about? Neji has never shown great speed either.

olympian
You are saying every Jounin has a base speed which is automatically greater than any gennin simply because of there title. Do you not see how stupid that is?

Also what is the Neji thing your talking about? Neji has never shown great speed either.

No, hes saying that every KNOWN jounin, i.e the ones that we at least know SOMETHING, have a greater base speed than any genin. Mainly because we have seen it. Kakashi moved faster than his students, Gai moved faster than his students, Asuma moved faster than his students, etc.

Calling someone stupid and then say that Neji, was never one of the fastest among the rookie 9, when we know he is, doesnt add to it. Saying Kisame doesnt attack at high speeds, its equally suspicious, when Gai couldnt connect a single hit, head-on, before he opened the gates.

And everyone was in awe of Lee`s speed, correct. For a Genin level nin, wich was what he was back then.

Magee
Originally posted by olympian
No, hes saying that every KNOWN jounin, i.e the ones that we at least know SOMETHING, have a greater base speed than any genin. Mainly because we have seen it. Kakashi moved faster than his students, Gai moved faster than his students, Asuma moved faster than his students, etc. Show me when Kakashi moved faster than Sasuke, Gai moving faster than lee and Asuma moving fast full stop. Kakashi and Gai are probably as fast or faster but they have yet to show it.

Originally posted by olympian
Calling someone stupid and then say that Neji, was never one of the fastest among the rookie 9, when we know he is, doesnt add to it. Saying Kisame doesnt attack at high speeds, its equally suspicious, when Gai couldnt connect a single hit, head-on, before he opened the gates. Neji punches and reacts fast, he can't move like Lee or Sasuke. Kisame does not attack at high speeds, not even close but maybe it's just the crappy animation of that fight because it certainly doesn't look fast in the slightest.

psycho gundam
you all saw when kakuzu kicked kakashi in the gut after he was stabbed right? that was hella fast.

olympian
Show me when Kakashi moved faster than Sasuke, Gai moving faster than lee and Asuma moving fast full stop. Kakashi and Gai are probably as fast or faster but they have yet to show it.

Holy, crap. Now Lee is also faster than Gai? The hell?

I knew this thread would get a few extreme opinions on the matter, but not like this. If we are talking about pre chounin Sasuke (wich i mentioned), kakashi is cleary faster. Even when reading a book at the same time. chapters after, hes still faster. The book ilustrates *too much* the difference in lvls between Genin and Jounin. All around.

Gai is faster than nornal mode Lee and likewise, hes faster than Lee with that Gates on, when he opens the same himself. In the whole first part of the Manga, the Jounin simply face much better competition, and for a good reason. And even afterwards, they still do. The only exceptions are current Naruto, Gaara and Sasuke, for obvious reasons.

And before you ask: yes, Asuma got speed feats. He has used speed in every figth hes got. Just to make this clear. And the thread is still comparing these genin with the other characters i placed them against, ok?

Neji punches and reacts fast, he can't move like Lee or Sasuke. Kisame does not attack at high speeds, not even close but maybe it's just the crappy animation of that fight because it certainly doesn't look fast in the slightest.

I already told everyone on this thread, that is is for the Manga. Kisame has been showed attacking Asuma, with his sword, with fast burst lines. And he equally dodged the knuckles with the same. In Manga, drawing these kind of lines denote (obviously as it may seem): speed.

We also know, that Gai usually attacks with speed, and he couldnt connect a single hit, on his figth with Kisame.

I also mentioned in this thread, that you should factor both reaction and movement speed. Neji doesnt have any major distance running example, like Gai, Kakashi or Asuma, thats very true, but figthing wise, he was among the three most powerful of the rookie 9.

The fact alone that Lee with gates on (and still being one of the fastest of the rookies, with it, anyway) never scored a single win against Neji before, speaks for itself.

Originally posted by psycho gundam
you all saw when kakuzu kicked kakashi in the gut after he was stabbed right? that was hella fast.

Yeah. Frannkly, the idea alone than a Genin, in the beginning of the Manga, got a level of anything, that is going to match against the current group of baddies, doesnt really hit it. Especially when said baddies are all S-rank nins.

With some expections of note, the logic behind a Manga, is to showcase always better opponents. Logically, Sasuke as he is now, will end up being likely the last big bad guy, but as he was back then, he doesnt begin to compare with the Akatsuki.

Dark-Jaxx
So now Kisame is fast? Kisame has never shown any speed at all, he is quite possibley the slowest of all Akatsuki It was when I read this that I knew you were talking out of your ass.

Kisame is one of the fastest Akatsuki, only Itachi and Madara are undeniably faster. He was able to overwhelm Gai for Christ's sake.

Hidan, despite his claim of being slow, was also very fast.

Kakuzu is pretty fast, able to overwhelm Kakashi if memory is right.

Current Sasuke is fast, but he is still not much faster than Kisame, if at all.

Remember Neji? The guy who spanked Lee numerous times?

Yeah, a Tokubetsu(Special) Jounin was much faster than him, as were Kakashi, Gai, and even frickin Kurunei.

Jounin generally are faster than Genin.

Terryc250
Let's see, Sasuke vs Itachi (Itachi literally probably fought at like 10%) This is after the chuunin exams, lets see Sasuke's "uber speed" against a non-genin.

skip to about 2:00, yes i know the dub sucks, but it was the only one i can find
yOv6vo3eqfI

Kakashi was able to fight hand to hand with Itachi, Kurenai was even able to dodge him and block him, both Gai and Asuma are even faster then them, seriously.. even Kurenai has a better showing them him..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.