Lich King Vs. Sephiroth, Kratos, Samus, Dante, Xemnas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nozdormu
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/thumb/6/67/Arthaswotlkcin.jpg/800px-Arthaswotlkcin.jpg

Some of Lich King's abilities has finally crawled out of that little cave in which they have been hiding. Out of pure boredom, he has decided to conquer the world of respective advesaries and has therefore summoned them all to the Icecrown Citadel in which the battle will take place. With the proper ways of convincing some bronze dragonflights, the citadel is in a artificial timezone, making time abilities useless (No time travel, no time slow, no precognition).

Lich King decided not to bother going for them one by one, and will instead fight them all at once. They will however start scattered in the citadel and not near eachother. They will also not know what they are up against, other than knowing what their enemy looks like and that he had the power to get them there. Lich King will be waiting for them to come to him, rather than go out and hunt them. Remember to include personality and so on. Each opponent is aware of the presence of the others and that they fight on the same side. Are the characters confident enough to go for the king on his/her own, or will he/she try find the others first and stick as group? Lich King will not at any point leave his throne room.

This fight is limited to the Icecrown Citadel, with indestructable walls and magical barriers. No BFR, teleporting or going intangible away from the citadel. Only way out is by killing the Lich King to break the barrier. If fail, the five will serve the king for all eternity.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/c/c0/Arthas_Cinematic.png

Gumachi
Kratos serves noone wink

Nozdormu
Afraid Lich King does not leave him many options stick out tongue Either eternal servitude, or eternal torment raver

Dark-Jaxx
Unless he did something impressive recently, Kratos, Xemnas, and probably Dante solo.

Nozdormu
He has done quite a lot lately. I added a few of the many things in his respect thread, but there is so much more that has been introduced in WotLK. He has the ability to close the opponent into a sphere of undeath, in which the target lives and dies at the same time, only to have the latter applied permanently only if the king so desires. The sphere disables all body functions. He did this from a far distance.

The dragon Aspects has admitted themselves not prepared to take him on. This could however be for numerous reasons: That they have lost Malygos. That Ysera has not risen from the sleep. That Alexstrasza and Nozdormu are against mortal combat at all cost and all other flights listen to Alexstrasza in particular (Although was persuaded by Highlord Bolvar to attend at the charge of Wrathgate. They arrived however too late and the charge was lost. What will never be known is if the breach would have been successful, had the red flight been present at the charge).

One of his many abilities that would help in this battle is his smite of souls, with which he attacks the soul of everyone in his presence with a mere gesture and for as often as he desire. This also drain energy from the one smited to him, allowing him to recover any wounds and any lost energy spent on using the smite. This ability also knocks opponents back.

Along side that, he has frequently been using a blue blast in various encounters that has so far killed anything it touches upon impact. More than that, he has shown ability to create shields similar to the ones of paladins. He also has shown capability to absorb the soul of a target with a simple touch by the tip of his blade.

I have not yet seen all of him, and we have yet to actually battle him, but from what seen so far of him, none listed can take him on on their own.

Burning thought
I doubt these guys will beat the LK if with a gesture he can smite their souls, how long did the move that puts the target in a sphere of undeath take?

Jugglenaut
Dante speedblitzes a featless Lich King and cuts his head off, for one.

Nozdormu
Originally posted by Jugglenaut
Dante speedblitzes a featless Lich King and cuts his head off, for one.

Good thing this Lich King aint featless.. He has had a lot of feats since over a month back..

Originally posted by Burning thought
I doubt these guys will beat the LK if with a gesture he can smite their souls, how long did the move that puts the target in a sphere of undeath take?

The sphere move was immediate upon encounter, so I'd say it takes a glance from the moment you approach him. For the soul smite, he had to merely clench his fist. The soul smite move was while he was still a death knight and not yet fused with the Lich King.

And YES, to anyone who is going to question the matter, Arthas as Lich King has all his Death Knights skills and more when he became the king. This was made clear in one of the Icecrown Glacier questchains, where a spirit teaches you what exactly you are up against when you enter a war against the Lich King (A quest chain I have yet to complete, so more feats and data might come)

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Nozdormu
He has done quite a lot lately. I added a few of the many things in his respect thread, but there is so much more that has been introduced in WotLK. He has the ability to close the opponent into a sphere of undeath, in which the target lives and dies at the same time, only to have the latter applied permanently only if the king so desires. The sphere disables all body functions. He did this from a far distance.

The dragon Aspects has admitted themselves not prepared to take him on. This could however be for numerous reasons: That they have lost Malygos. That Ysera has not risen from the sleep. That Alexstrasza and Nozdormu are against mortal combat at all cost and all other flights listen to Alexstrasza in particular (Although was persuaded by Highlord Bolvar to attend at the charge of Wrathgate. They arrived however too late and the charge was lost. What will never be known is if the breach would have been successful, had the red flight been present at the charge).

One of his many abilities that would help in this battle is his smite of souls, with which he attacks the soul of everyone in his presence with a mere gesture and for as often as he desire. This also drain energy from the one smited to him, allowing him to recover any wounds and any lost energy spent on using the smite. This ability also knocks opponents back.

Along side that, he has frequently been using a blue blast in various encounters that has so far killed anything it touches upon impact. More than that, he has shown ability to create shields similar to the ones of paladins. He also has shown capability to absorb the soul of a target with a simple touch by the tip of his blade.

I have not yet seen all of him, and we have yet to actually battle him, but from what seen so far of him, none listed can take him on on their own. 1. And how would this work on characters like Xemnas, who can alter their own physical form and have a basic reality warping powers, and Kratos, with a nigh impenetrable physical form, and has escaped death twice?

2. So not only is that not a feat, it is ambiguous. Lovely.

3. As far as Dante goes, I am pretty sure he has shown soul resistance. As far as Kratos goes, Gods have immortal souls, that cannot be destroyed even by the likes of Hades, hence why the Titans still "live"(their souls anyway) in Tartarus. Knocks an opponent back? What "opponent"? Anyone with the raw physical endurance of Kratos or Xemnas?

4. And who exactly has it killed? Anyone with the durability of Xemnas or Kratos, or the speed of Dante and Xemnas? And Kratos has this nifty thing called the Golden Fleece which deflects any attack. Shields? How durable? Ever been hit by someone of Kratos or Xemnas' power?

Out of curiosity, you seem to know Kratos' powers fairly well, can you tell me of Xemnas'? Who with his power can erase worlds?

Burning thought
Kratos has never shown any incredible physical resistance......when has his body shown this? ive not played GOW games for a while but I dont remember that, thats for sure....also you did not really debate for Kratos against this ability of the LK, him being durable has little if any reason for him to survive this ability of the LK.

3. The only resistance he has ever shown is from a tiny orb which in itself is featless anyway so its soul draining strength is unkown but also gave Dante great power as well. Kratos on the other hand is no longer a God, infact hes a God very brieftly, then reckoning on the fact that your logic is foolish to say the least since all Souls are considered immortal..

Their durability means little, its their magic resistance that is at question here. And it does not deflect any attack, that would be a no limits fallacy, its only shown deflecting Zues' little thunderbolts and other small projectiles which are themselves featless. Its you who should be asking yourself if Kratos has ever deflected or if his fleece has survived an impact from something as strong as LK bolts.

Dark-Jaxx
Kratos has never shown any incredible physical resistance......when has his body shown this? ive not played GOW games for a while but I dont remember that, thats for sure....also you did not really debate for Kratos against this ability of the LK, him being durable has little if any reason for him to survive this ability of the LK.

3. The only resistance he has ever shown is from a tiny orb which in itself is featless anyway so its soul draining strength is unkown but also gave Dante great power as well. Kratos on the other hand is no longer a God, infact hes a God very brieftly, then reckoning on the fact that your logic is foolish to say the least since all Souls are considered immortal..

Their durability means little, its their magic resistance that is at question here. And it does not deflect any attack, that would be a no limits fallacy, its only shown deflecting Zues' little thunderbolts and other small projectiles which are themselves featless. Its you who should be asking yourself if Kratos has ever deflected or if his fleece has survived an impact from something as strong as LK bolts. For one thing all God's have this...And Kratos was sent flying miles, through several feet of stone, crashing into a stone floor, and was fine enough to have a threesome afterwards.

3. Well I do not know much about Dante honestly, in comparison to Kratos and Xemnas anyway. Kratos has the powers of the Sisters of Fate now, Gods. Whoa. He was already a Demi-God, and now has the Blade of Olympus, which has his former God power, the power Zeus originally instilled in it, and maybe Athena's power. So now Kratos has the power of 4.5-6.5 Gods. Wowz. Not to mention his Godly artifacts like the Spear of Destiny(IT PWNED JESUS LOLZ!), Golden Fleece, Gorgon Head, and all his spells, which come directly from Titans now. And no, Hades cannot destroy the souls of the Titans, whereas Tartarus destroys the souls of humans. And when God of War 3 comes out, we will see even more, Kratos will prolly fight Hades.

Oh God, not this gay argument. "IT'S MAJIK SO IT IS SPECIAL!" Bullshit, why assume "magic" will do anything different than what a non-magic thing will? Zeus' little thunderbolts? Oh dear BT, were you not the one who went on an on about how Kain's "little thunderbolts" could split the Earth in two if he desired it? He blocked a constant STREAM of lightning. Along with other shit, hell, I think he can do so to the Blade of Olympus too. And how strong are LK bolts? Humor me.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
For one thing all God's have this...And Kratos was sent flying miles, through several feet of stone, crashing into a stone floor, and was fine enough to have a threesome afterwards.

3. Well I do not know much about Dante honestly, in comparison to Kratos and Xemnas anyway. Kratos has the powers of the Sisters of Fate now, Gods. Whoa. He was already a Demi-God, and now has the Blade of Olympus, which has his former God power, the power Zeus originally instilled in it, and maybe Athena's power. So now Kratos has the power of 4.5-6.5 Gods. Wowz. Not to mention his Godly artifacts like the Spear of Destiny(IT PWNED JESUS LOLZ!), Golden Fleece, Gorgon Head, and all his spells, which come directly from Titans now. And no, Hades cannot destroy the souls of the Titans, whereas Tartarus destroys the souls of humans. And when God of War 3 comes out, we will see even more, Kratos will prolly fight Hades.

Oh God, not this gay argument. "IT'S MAJIK SO IT IS SPECIAL!" Bullshit, why assume "magic" will do anything different than what a non-magic thing will? Zeus' little thunderbolts? Oh dear BT, were you not the one who went on an on about how Kain's "little thunderbolts" could split the Earth in two if he desired it? He blocked a constant STREAM of lightning. Along with other shit, hell, I think he can do so to the Blade of Olympus too. And how strong are LK bolts? Humor me.

Maybe if you take into account this was the Kratos before the sword drained his power at a diffrent time to the current Kratos.

3. Kratos gained the ability to control his own fate through the loom chamber...thats all...then youve made a little slip up, nothing claimed that the sisters of fate were goddesses..show me where it says that Kratos gains the power Zeus instilled? Kratos has yet to show he can use it in the same way Zeus does so please dont assume, also I dont remember it saying Kratos gained his godhood back through the blade...

Can Hades destroy souls at all? I cant remember that part...I know that souls were not usually if ever destroyed in true greek mythology.

Because it is compeltly diffrent, Physical is not the same as magical, get it through your head, ime surprised you even think their the same thing...thats because Kains lighting power is infinty empowered by his connection to the energy pillar, although he would not likely use lightning to cut the earth in half, probably just a pure beam of energy but Kain aside...stop trying to go off-topic.

Lich King bolts if you read Noz posts were one hit kills....

Dark-Jaxx
Maybe if you take into account this was the Kratos before the sword drained his power at a diffrent time to the current Kratos.

3. Kratos gained the ability to control his own fate through the loom chamber...thats all...then youve made a little slip up, nothing claimed that the sisters of fate were goddesses..show me where it says that Kratos gains the power Zeus instilled? Kratos has yet to show he can use it in the same way Zeus does so please dont assume, also I dont remember it saying Kratos gained his godhood back through the blade...

Can Hades destroy souls at all? I cant remember that part...I know that souls were not usually if ever destroyed in true greek mythology.

Because it is compeltly diffrent, Physical is not the same as magical, get it through your head, ime surprised you even think their the same thing...thats because Kains lighting power is infinty empowered by his connection to the energy pillar, although he would not likely use lightning to cut the earth in half, probably just a pure beam of energy but Kain aside...stop trying to go off-topic.

Lich King bolts if you read Noz posts were one hit kills.... He's a God now.

3. He gained all their powers, and was shown to use them WITHOUT the chamber. Nothing claimed the Sisters were Goddesses? Um, dude, in Greek Mythology they were Godesses, why would it be any different in GOW? no expression And I don't think Poseidon was ever explicitly stated to be a God in the game, should we assume he is not? Hell, the Gods and Titans are all the Sister's b!tches, actually grovelling to them and begging them to change time for them. Why wouldn't Kratos? Can you show any sort of evidence at all that the Blade of Olympus has grown weaker than it was when Zeus wielded? No, you cannot, it is stronger. Kratos not might be able to wield its power with the same control, but he can fire the same desctructive power in blasts. Kratos' God powers were in the Blade which Kratos now wields, dur.

...Tartarus destroys the souls sent to it actually...Which is a part of Hades...

Prove this please. Prove being made of magic will always be different than a fireball from something else. You can't, it is bullshit baseless logic based on nothing. And Zeus' lightning can be fired in a continuous stream, and since Gods have limitless stamina, can do it forever. Whoa. Same logic you applied. Not Kain can destroy a planet with an energy blast of uba powa? I'm not going off topic, I am using your own double standards to support my case and discredit yours.

On who? Random WC weakling #2? Lol.

Jugglenaut

Lich King bolts if you read Noz posts were one hit kills....
Yet they couldn't hurt Tirion right?

Nozdormu

Incorrect.. It did hurt Tirion to fatal degree.. Darion saved him by launching the Ashbringer as an intervention, draining himself massively but ultimately saving Tirion from what would have been a certain death.. And not to forget is that Tirion, Darion and Lich King all three agreed that Tirion during that encounter had both homefield advantage since the battle took place at litterally at holy ground and a scenario of surprise for the king (Darion's convertion).. When the two clashed in Northrend, the mere presence (I mean that litterally as well) of Lich King brought Tirion to close death.. Had he not gone for Arthas heart, Lich King would have killed him right there.. The king at that point became weakened to enough a degree that he was close to death, under which scenario Darion rode in with his champions of the Ebon Blade, slaughtered his way up to Darion to save the helpless crusader.. He then said that even at such an extremely weakened state, not even now could Lich King be defeated, so while Lich King laid weak on the ground, Darion, Tirion, the Argent Crusade and Ebon Blade FLED.. FLED while Lich King was severely weakened, even worse so than during Wrathgate.. They admitted chanceless, and it takes a lot from Darion and Tirion to do that, both having a massive magnitude of pride..

Have you done the complete questlines or are you just shooting ducks with blindfold? If you did any of the questchains, did you even pay attention? Your post claim the contruary..

Burning thought
He's a God now.

3. He gained all their powers, and was shown to use them WITHOUT the chamber. Nothing claimed the Sisters were Goddesses? Um, dude, in Greek Mythology they were Godesses, why would it be any different in GOW? no expression And I don't think Poseidon was ever explicitly stated to be a God in the game, should we assume he is not? Hell, the Gods and Titans are all the Sister's b!tches, actually grovelling to them and begging them to change time for them. Why wouldn't Kratos? Can you show any sort of evidence at all that the Blade of Olympus has grown weaker than it was when Zeus wielded? No, you cannot, it is stronger. Kratos not might be able to wield its power with the same control, but he can fire the same desctructive power in blasts. Kratos' God powers were in the Blade which Kratos now wields, dur.

...Tartarus destroys the souls sent to it actually...Which is a part of Hades...

Prove this please. Prove being made of magic will always be different than a fireball from something else. You can't, it is bullshit baseless logic based on nothing. And Zeus' lightning can be fired in a continuous stream, and since Gods have limitless stamina, can do it forever. Whoa. Same logic you applied. Not Kain can destroy a planet with an energy blast of uba powa? I'm not going off topic, I am using your own double standards to support my case and discredit yours.

Can you show me the info that points to that please

3. nothing states he gained "their" powers so dont lie, nothing states he used the power without the loom room either. Posiedon is brother of Zeus, and yes it was stated in the Titan battle that it was only Gods vs Titans ,no mortals, but Posiedon being a God is a given, the sisters of Fate on the other hand are not as well known.

Why wouldnt Kratos what? your the one assuming here and its not my job to attempt to disprove your negatives, you need to prove he can or he cannot...simple big grin I never said it has grown weaker, I said Kratos has never used it at its full potential, has never wiped out an army etc etc, if a mortal grabbed it up does it mean he will know how to use its full power? no...neither would Kratos. He can fire beams from the blade in straight lines ,thats all hes shown which were not half as powerful as when Zeus used it. Nothing in the story points to whoever wields the sword gains all the power within it...never was that said, if it was and ive forgotten show me please otherwise your now assuming he has all the power of Zeus as well.

No it doesnt...Tartarus was simply an area of hades which was covered by thick metal gates and was guarded by the Hekkagagantes or however you spell it, 100 armed giants. Tartarus is where the titans were stored but it does not say anywhere that it destroys their souls.

Because magic is not physical, fire is fool, its common sense, its like saying an electrical shock does exacltey the same to the body as a bullet would..although both are to a degree physical forces thus both are diffrent to magic which is not physical. Your body not breaking because it was punched by a weight of impact is not the same an ethereal energy sapping your life away, that would require magic resistance. Smae with soul attacks, you cant say "character A survived a rock falling on him so he is immune to soul attacks!!"

describe to me how Zeus havng limitless stamina attributes to his powers? that is not a correlation that Zeus coud fire lightning forever at all.....hell when kratos uses powers he uses magic energy, not stamina...your failing by trying, your no good at using double standards it seems because your standard is diffrent, stamina is not the same as magic unless your saying all humans have a certain amount of magic in them just because they have stamina lol?

I dont know exactley who but it was a one hit kill, none of the blasts from Zeus used or the sisters or any of them have shown to kill in one shot.

Nozdormu

To freshen up your memories:

e_oyXSSFAL0

SHM
can you tell me of Xemnas'? Who with his power can erase worlds?

Can Xemnas really erase worlds with his own power? From what I heard, he needs the help of the Heartless to do that.

NonSensi-Klown
He cant.

Most of his real "feats", were when he was empowered with the power of the heartless hearts and Kingdom Hearts.

PPDFJ2
There's no evidence he can, but I don't see it ridiculous to think he can when he:

1. Created one of his own.

2. Talks about erasing the realm of light (another term for the real world of KH)

List of things he can do

Originally posted by Wandering Flame
Xemnas abilities: (I'll be posting the vids in which the abilities are shown)

1. Energy manipulation (can turn his energy into energy sabers, projectiles, energy fields, electricity waves and shields). (Last fight)

2. Can cover himself in darkness and become intangible. (First fight)

3. Create a doppleganger. (Last fight)

4. Superspeed.

5. Flight.

6. Drag people to realms he can create. (First fight).

7. Telekinetically control everything in the final realm he created (commanding all the organization weapons and tossing buildings at Sora and Rikku with the use of his mind). (Second to last fight)

8. Create a black hole. (Second to last fight)

---

First FightLXBROkzqanw---

Second to Last fightBWo5kJJPms8---

Last Fight-8EPvG1pgCo

Gumachi
Dante could block all of the attacks with Royal Guard W/Dreadnaught armor.

And stop time in 3 ways.

Dante can create doppeganger.

If Lich King hits Dante he automatcially regenerates his health.

As for the barrier the Blade of Olympus automatically breaks it. He can do what Zeus did and that was NUKE DAMAGE.

Dante has Yamato--a sword that can cut thru anything.

Nozdormu
Originally posted by Gumachi
Dante could block all of the attacks with Royal Guard W/Dreadnaught armor.

And stop time in 3 ways.

Dante can create doppeganger.

If Lich King hits Dante he automatcially regenerates his health.

As for the barrier the Blade of Olympus automatically breaks it. He can do what Zeus did and that was NUKE DAMAGE.

Dante has Yamato--a sword that can cut thru anything.

Time can not be manipulated in this battle. Read first post. And I'm sorry, but none of the things you just listed was very concincing to work in their benefit against the Lich King.

Nozdormu
Originally posted by PPDFJ2
There's no evidence he can, but I don't see it ridiculous to think he can when he:

1. Created one of his own.

2. Talks about erasing the realm of light (another term for the real world of KH)

List of things he can do

2. Sargeras was talking about erasing existance. Does not mean he is capable of doing so with some spell or whatever.

Jugglenaut
Time can not be manipulated in this battle. Read first post. And I'm sorry, but none of the things you just listed was very concincing to work in their benefit against the Lich King.
It does when his 'one hit kill' doesn't even one hit kill.
Please, show me evidence that Fordring was going to die and that he wasn't simply blasted and down temporarily.

Show me evidence that Dante, who's one of the weaker characters here, can't speed blitz him being a bullet timer and all.

rolling on floor laughing

Dark-Jaxx
I dont know exactley who but it was a one hit kill, none of the blasts from Zeus used or the sisters or any of them have shown to kill in one shot. It was when I read this that I decided to ignore your post.

Nozdormu
It does when his 'one hit kill' doesn't even one hit kill.
Please, show me evidence that Fordring was going to die and that he wasn't simply blasted and down temporarily.

Show me evidence that Dante, who's one of the weaker characters here, can't speed blitz him being a bullet timer and all.

rolling on floor laughing

He werent using his one-hit ability in that fight.. It was just what that other guy who didnt seem to know what he was talking about came to believe.. It doesnt look anything like that.. Not even the same color..

And factually, Tirion was empowered by the holy ground at that very scenario.. He, Darion and Lich King all three agree on that point..

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
He cant.

Most of his real "feats", were when he was empowered with the power of the heartless hearts and Kingdom Hearts. Funny, I seem to recall it being possible for only a handful of Heartless being able to do so, and Xemnas holds more power than any of them in his base form, and in his Kingdom Hearts empowered form he dwarfs every Heartless in existence, and it was explicitly stated he was able to do so.

Nozdormu

Overlord Drakuru was before Lich King blasted him an immortal mix between a Death Knight and a Necromancer I would say, although his real class has never been specified. He did possess a grand varity of various spells, both necromancer and death knight ones, but also those of mages, warlocks and so on. This "random WC weakling #2" was of such magnitude that Lich King trusted him with an entire independant army of his own, only under the name of the Lich King. There are many random WC weaklings you encounter in WoW, but Drakuru is not one of them.

What you will be doing for the questchain is infiltrating his base in disguise as an undead, do quests for Drakuru and eventually win his trust. Once you have gained his trust, he tells you about his secret weapon and your questgive then declares the secret weapon to be the only way to kill Drakuru.

He was throughout the questline claimed undefeatable by mortal means, so what you had to do in the end was take control of the secret weapons that Drakuru had been creating and use them against him. However, these weapons that were supposed to bring absolute victory to Drakuru proved not even them sufficient to actually kill him, and when you have been trying for a while he gets angry and summon forth the Lich King:

Dark-Jaxx
I saw nothing in that post that hinted about him being as durable as anyone on the team. And, from what you said, Lich King essentially cheap-shot him.

Nozdormu
That post did not have any intentions of implicating him be anything like the others in durability, although I would dare say that he is above Sephiroth, Samus and possibly Dante in durability. My point of that post was not to speak in Lich King's benefit of this debate, but rather get the point clear that Drakuru is not some random WC weakling.

Dark-Jaxx
That post did not have any intentions of implicating him be anything like the others in durability, although I would dare say that he is above Sephiroth, Samus and possibly Dante in durability. My point of that post was not to speak in Lich King's benefit of this debate, but rather get the point clear that Drakuru is not some random WC weakling. Under what basis is he better than Sephiroth, Dante, and Samus(and from what I hear, her suit is actually incredibly durable)?

Maybe "weakling" is not the right word, but BT seems to think that since it is a one hit kill, and apparently the people Kratos and others have fought have not killed in one hit, he will kill any on this team...Then again, he also thinks that LK is on Sargeras' level. no expression

Nozdormu
Lich King is powerful, but not on Sargeras level for sure.. Lich King has been defeated three times already from what I have seen: Tirion Fordring, Putress and Tirion Fordring again.. Three which would not with all the preparation in the world ever stand in the shadow of a chance against the mighty titan..

Anyway, back to Drakuru.. The secret weapon I mentioned was using Drakuru's own creations against him.. For minutes you pummeled him wildly with his own mighty creations, only to have it turn out you have not actually even injured him..

The reason I consider him above Sephiroth is because I have not seen Sephiroth take any damage that can be in comparison to the pummel Drakuru suffered.. Samus may have a mighty armor, but beneath it rests the frail body of a human.. Like 6 out of 10 Lich King attacks (Revealed so far) does not go for the flesh or physical shell of the target, but aims for the soul and blood.. And well, I dont know much about Dante, but I've never really seen him as one very endurant, not by judging from debates I have seen held in his favor.. Resistant, but not durable..

Dark-Jaxx
Well Dante is not so much incredibly durable, he just has an impressive healing factor was just my understanding.

Samus is not actually fully human...Though I admit my knowledge on her is lacking.

Yeah, Sephiroth is not all that durable to tell the truth, at least relative to the likes of Xemnas or Kratos.

And his own creations I would think should be weaker than he is.

Nozdormu
His own creations are obviously weaker than him, but stronger than anything the Ebon Blade could dish out, and they can dish out quite a lot. Not as strong as him does not make the creations weak. Drakuru called the creations the key of victory. With them, he would deliver the final blow from the scourge and none would come in his way. The irony struck and his creations turned against him, instead completely halting the scourge progress in the trollish region Zul'Drak.

Burning thought
It was when I saw the size of your block of text I decided to ignore your post. I dont have any idea what ime talking about and cannot debate against the LK

Maybe "weakling" is not the right word, but BT seems to think that since it is a one hit kill, and apparently the people Kratos and others have fought have not killed in one hit, he will kill any on this team...Then again, he also thinks that LK is on Sargeras' level. no expression

No I said I think LK "could" still be on Sargeras' level and that the people on Kratos' team will die because they have zero resistance to the LK magic.

What it breaks down into is none of the guys would resist lich king messing with their souls especially if with a glance he can apprently lock them with his life/death manipulation sphere and destroy them.

Jugglenaut
the people on Kratos' team will die because they have zero resistance to the LK magic.

No limit fallacy?
I guess Lich King dies because he's shown no resistance to any of Kratos' spells or Yamato's dimension slicing

Burning thought
learn what a no limits fallacy is first, if a guy has zero resistance, saying a spell will destroy him is not a no limits fallacy, he simply couldnt resist the spells effects....

No because the Lich King is a spiritual entity and in some points of view is already dead, Yamatos slicing ability would require physical resistance, since it is physical and most of Kratos' spells are also apart from the hades spell i belive.

Nozdormu
This is the sphere move. Unfortunately does this video not show Lich King pulling the character to him. I advise activating sound and listen to Lich King speak:

IV1kDYvhwBA

Gumachi
learn what a no limits fallacy is first, if a guy has zero resistance, saying a spell will destroy him is not a no limits fallacy, he simply couldnt resist the spells effects....

No because the Lich King is a spiritual entity and in some points of view is already dead, Yamatos slicing ability would require physical resistance, since it is physical and most of Kratos' spells are also apart from the hades spell i belive.

Titans Magic from GOWII Kratos.

Burning thought
Then your either talking about an Electricial move, which is physical, a bow that fires wind blasts and hurricanes (physical) and earthquake.....physical...need I say more?

Gumachi
^Yeah.

In GOW 1 he has Zeus' Bolts/Lighting.

Army of Hades

Medusa's Head

And Poseidon's Rage(lighting)

Burning thought
I know, both Rage and Zeus bolts are basically lightning/physical, so what was your argument?

Gumachi
Nevermind.

Charlotte DeBel
Well Dante is not so much incredibly durable, he just has an impressive healing factor was just my understanding.

Samus is not actually fully human...Though I admit my knowledge on her is lacking.

Yeah, Sephiroth is not all that durable to tell the truth, at least relative to the likes of Xemnas or Kratos.

And his own creations I would think should be weaker than he is.

Healing factor+Royal Guard forcefield\armour technique, plus "armouring up" when going into DT\DDT (high demonic form). Otherwise, Dante's base (human) form basically has impressive healing factor+high pain tolerance.

Burning thought
Dante is most powerful endurancewise on his team that I know of. (I dont know anything about Xemnas or Samus)

But that will not help him in this battle since few if any of Lich Kings attacks that he would use in this batte are physical/based on endurance.

Nozdormu
All attacks done by the Lich King will damage the soul of the target, and some even drain it at once. Some destroys it and other attacks banish it. Some merely encases it while other store it. The only way for Lich King to not damage the soul of his target is to not attack.

Well, perhaps a kick will not damage the soul, but a slash of sword definately will. Any one of his so far shown magical blasts will as well, and the Lich King has turned out to be one that favor magic over melee clashes.

4B6T4M
2. Sargeras was talking about erasing existance. Does not mean he is capable of doing so with some spell or whatever. Well if he created an existence with a certain power I wouldn't doubt that he could erase one. Xemnas created one with raw power from hearts (makes little sense I know) but hearts are the source of all power (stated in KH2). If anyone is wondering about the size of said world, take a look at the second to last battle on the first page. It's the last post.

ANAW4D
Nevermind, this one shows it better. Although the boundaries of said world are not known, this shows it's at least as big as a city (or something similar).ggzrxggKi_U

Nozdormu
Originally posted by 4B6T4M
Well if he created an existence with a certain power I wouldn't doubt that he could erase one. Xemnas created one with raw power from hearts (makes little sense I know) but hearts are the source of all power (stated in KH2). If anyone is wondering about the size of said world, take a look at the second to last battle on the first page. It's the last post.

You know what saying that is exactly like saying? Lich King can create life, and therefore he can kill anything living.. Since he's able to create it, he must be able to erase it..

Wil7
Sephiroth solos- 10/10
Dante solos- 9.5/10
Kratos solos- 9/10

Burning thought
lol

Dark-Jaxx
Then your either talking about an Electricial move, which is physical, a bow that fires wind blasts and hurricanes (physical) and earthquake.....physical...need I say more? B-but it's MAJIK! IT'S CLEARLY DIFFERENT! dur

Nozdormu
Originally posted by Wil7
Sephiroth solos- 10/10
Dante solos- 9.5/10
Kratos solos- 9/10

Your failing attempts of making a decent estimation of this battles outcome amuses me..

Jugglenaut
Your failing attempts of making a decent estimation of this battles outcome amuses me..
Your overestimation of the Lich King's powers amuses me, especially when the weak link Dante shoots him dead at the start.

You still haven't told me how the Lich King responds to a bullet timer, let alone handles a real god.

Nozdormu
Your overestimation of the Lich King's powers amuses me, especially when the weak link Dante shoots him dead at the start.

You still haven't told me how the Lich King responds to a bullet timer, let alone handles a real god.

My post was mostly directed towards the Sephiroth statement, but sure, I can talk about Dante too.. But to be honest, I do not find the real question to be "can Lich King do this", but rather "what effect would a bullet possibly have against our dear God of Death?"

And let me just freshen your memories on who the Lich King is.. he is the most advanced, powerful mind on the planet (revealed so far).. He is in the heads of these opponents and knows of them before they even know it themselves.. None of the five listed advesaries has ever fought one as complex and as intellectual as the Lich King before.. This battle takes place at his homefield, it grants him time to prepare and it has him work in the defense while holding the benefit of being capable of knowing his advesaries every move..

You say Dante shoots him dead at the start.. You havent even read the first post, have you? Ofc you have, or you wouldnt dare make a statement in this thread.. isnt that so? or perhaps your just one of those fanboys who declare a winner before even reading the specifications? oh

But c'mon.. shoot him to death? What is he using? Silver bullets? Some type of anti-demon laced patrons? Poison against undead? Something like that? Lich King may be undead, but the puny strategies of Dante or other vampire/demon slayers just wont cut it here..

Lich King has been sliced DIRECTLY and with such force that he was sent flying yards by what might one if not the most powerful weapon on Azeroth and he shrugged it of like he had suffered nothing but a bitchslap.. If you think a bullet is the end of him, you do not know enough about him.. Not that I think the bullet would ever penetrate the God of Death's shield.. I even have my doubts Dante would ever get the chance to use his gun..

Jugglenaut
My post was mostly directed towards the Sephiroth statement, but sure, I can talk about Dante too.. But to be honest, I do not find the real question to be "can Lich King do this", but rather "what effect would a bullet possibly have against our dear God of Death?"

And let me just freshen your memories on who the Lich King is.. he is the most advanced, powerful mind on the planet (revealed so far).. He is in the heads of these opponents and knows of them before they even know it themselves.. None of the five listed advesaries has ever fought one as complex and as intellectual as the Lich King before.. This battle takes place at his homefield, it grants him time to prepare and it has him work in the defense while holding the benefit of being capable of knowing his advesaries every move..

You say Dante shoots him dead at the start.. You havent even read the first post, have you? Ofc you have, or you wouldnt dare make a statement in this thread.. isnt that so? or perhaps your just one of those fanboys who declare a winner before even reading the specifications? oh

But c'mon.. shoot him to death? What is he using? Silver bullets? Some type of anti-demon laced patrons? Poison against undead? Something like that? Lich King may be undead, but the puny strategies of Dante or other vampire/demon slayers just wont cut it here..

Lich King has been sliced DIRECTLY and with such force that he was sent flying yards by what might one if not the most powerful weapon on Azeroth and he shrugged it of like he had suffered nothing but a bitchslap.. If you think a bullet is the end of him, you do not know enough about him.. Not that I think the bullet would ever penetrate the God of Death's shield.. I even have my doubts Dante would ever get the chance to use his gun..
Oh man, Ebony and Ivory don't work. That's why there's still Force Edge, Lucifer, Pandora's Box, and Gilgamesh?

That's why he was so scared of a FEATLESS Ashbringer? So much for his power when he runs away instead of taking a hit from a sword with his so called God of Death's shield.

Just in case you didn't know, guns with unlimited ammo that can hurt gigantic demons that can open portals to hell > featless sword that the Lich King runs away from.
Also just in case you didn't know, there's something called DT for Dante. It makes his casual bullet timing even faster, and we're still excluding any of his styles.
And Dante's going to be by himself, right?
Coming from someone named after Warcraft lore, I wouldn't be talking about fanboy, especially when you consider Kratos a weakling compared to a featless king. laughing laughing laughing

Nozdormu
So many things to point out.. Dont know where to start.. *takes deep breath*

- Ashbringer is not featless..
- Lich King runs because the story demands it..
- Ashbringer is PROVEN (See, I can use caps too) to not be sufficient to defeat Lich King..
- Guns with unlimited ammo will do as little damage as guns with limited ammo..
- Lich King is no gigantic demon..
- Lich King was never scared.. He preformed a strategical maneuver to maintain upper hand.. Why risk injury in a battle he does not have to fight?
- Our God of Death could have conquered Azeroth a long time ago.. He did not for the same reason he did not use his protective shield against Tirion..

Anything more on your mind you want me to correct?

Jugglenaut
So many things to point out.. Dont know where to start.. *takes deep breath*

- Ashbringer is not featless..
- Lich King runs because the story demands it..
- Ashbringer is PROVEN (See, I can use caps too) to not be sufficient to defeat Lich King..
- Guns with unlimited ammo will do as little damage as guns with limited ammo..
- Lich King is no gigantic demon..
- Lich King was never scared.. He preformed a strategical maneuver to maintain upper hand.. Why risk injury in a battle he does not have to fight?
- Our God of Death could have conquered Azeroth a long time ago.. He did not for the same reason he did not use his protective shield against Tirion..

Anything more on your mind you want me to correct?
Ashbringer just got purified. Mind telling me what it's done other than scare the featless king away?
Strategical manuever? If he's scared of risking an injury from a 'weak' weapon, then his so called shield must really be that all powerful. Not.

I wonder what a god like Kratos, let alone Sparda DT Dante, couldn't do that Ashbringer could.

God of Death conquering Azeroth when the Forsaken still pose a threat to him? laughing

Nozdormu
Coming from someone named after Warcraft lore, I wouldn't be talking about fanboy, especially when you consider Kratos a weakling compared to a featless king. laughing laughing laughing

1. Alright, "genious", quote me where I said Kratos = Weakling.

2. I have named myself Nozdormu because I find him one of the most fascinating characters in the fictional world.. Perhaps you are right.. Maybe I am a fanboy because I named myself after a character from the same game as the character I'm discussing about right now.. Or maybe I'm not..

I have so far given you no reason to accuse me for being a fanboy, nor have I accused you for it.. Sure, my post implicated that there might be a chance that you are one, but I have not said that you are.. What reasons have I given you to call me that? I have not even stated who I belive is the winner of this battle..

Nozdormu
Ashbringer just got purified. Mind telling me what it's done other than scare the featless king away?
Strategical manuever? If he's scared of risking an injury from a 'weak' weapon, then his so called shield must really be that all powerful. Not.

I wonder what a god like Kratos, let alone Sparda DT Dante, couldn't do that Ashbringer could.

God of Death conquering Azeroth when the Forsaken still pose a threat to him? laughing

- You mean the featless king that has used over 25 different moves so far? Get some facts before jumping your not very fancy gun..

- So he did not use his shield.. Big f* deal.. You do not see Dante speedblitz every battle in the game, do you?

- Lets see: Kratos = Not holy. Sparda DT Dante = Not holy. Ashbringer = The most powerful holy object in Warcraft. Holy = Anti-Scourge.

- Forsaken pose a threat? Oh please, get a clue! I'm praying to the timeless that you are NOT talking about Putress..

Jugglenaut
- You mean the featless king that has used over 25 different moves so far? Get some facts before jumping your not very fancy gun..

- So he did not use his shield.. Big f* deal.. You do not see Dante speedblitz every battle in the game, do you?

I'm praying to the timeless that you are NOT talking about Putress..
25 different moves that haven't done anything significant to anyone significant, right? Maybe if he could do something like taking on the Old Gods. Oh wait.

25 different moves that wouldn't be pulled off in time or casually dodged by Dante/Xemnas. Actually, even Kratos has reacted to lightning before.

Actually, Dante does speed blitz just by gameplay alone. Almost all of his styles rely on speed, and the man can casually run on walls.

Still no answer to Royal Guard, which can block anything that Dante can react to, even lightning bolts and distortions in space/time. And still no answer to Dante's general speed.

So, where are the Ashbringer feats you were talking about a couple of posts ago?

Terryc250
Sephiroth level of durability is unknown, so you can't really gauge him above him, when he was only killed by Omnislash which has no level of physical damage

Burning thought
Originally posted by Terryc250
Sephiroth level of durability is unknown, so you can't really gauge him above him, when he was only killed by Omnislash which has no level of physical damage

Since when has omnislash been a non physical move? all Cloud does is use all the small parts of his sword at great speeds....

B-but it's MAJIK! IT'S CLEARLY DIFFERENT! dur

Look, a monkey would have better understanding of what I said earlier than you do....infact a monkey would probably debate this better than you as well.

And jugglenaut your fanboyism for the teams characters is blatant, the lord of undeath would be shot dead by a pistol? please...ebony and ivory are pathetic.

Jugglenaut

And jugglenaut your fanboyism for the teams characters is blatant, the lord of undeath would be shot dead by a pistol? please...ebony and ivory are pathetic.
Oh wait, we were going by your logic.

Featless swords that don't even touch Ner'zhul to make him run away surely hurt more than a pair of guns.

Next, you'll be telling me he has resistance feats for guns, am I right? eek!

Sure anyone would believe your opinion on the LK when you claim Nerzhul could hurt Archimonde.

Burning thought
Hes undead, you can shoot him as much as you like, hes not going to bleed to death and die lol....thats if you get through his shields and armour

And Ashbringer the most powerful holy (anti undead) weapon on holy ground far outweighs the power of any gun especially aginst the Lich king...ofc your likely mentally handicapped so you wouldnt understand this.

also its obvious youve not played DMC, try and defeat almost any of the bosses with just ebony and ivory, I guarantee it takes far longer than if you use almost any of the melee weapons....so even in your own universe swords>the guns......

Sure anyone would believe your opinion on the LK when you claim Nerzhul could hurt Archimonde.

people would not even consider your opinion since you have no idea on either of the games your "debating" (if you can call it that, more like regurgitated BS) so far in this thread.

Nozdormu
25 different moves that haven't done anything significant to anyone significant, right? Maybe if he could do something like taking on the Old Gods. Oh wait.

25 different moves that wouldn't be pulled off in time or casually dodged by Dante/Xemnas. Actually, even Kratos has reacted to lightning before.

Actually, Dante does speed blitz just by gameplay alone. Almost all of his styles rely on speed, and the man can casually run on walls.

Still no answer to Royal Guard, which can block anything that Dante can react to, even lightning bolts and distortions in space/time. And still no answer to Dante's general speed.

So, where are the Ashbringer feats you were talking about a couple of posts ago?

You really dont get it, do you.. I havent stated a winner in this battle at any point.. You are jumping to conclusion after conclusion after conclusion.. You flaunt your supposed knowledge in warcraft, then matches it up with whatever character you see victorious.. Had you shown the slight knowledge in the Lich King, or Warcraft at all, I would have considered taking your posts seriously, but what I am seeing is someone desperately trying to shame the Lich King in the shadow of Dante.. Someone who lack knowledge completely in the matter..

Your trunk of junk called "debating" is not worth my time.. I'll be observing this thread in wait for someone worth my time, such as DJ, Burning or whoever.. Whilst some of their debating ways are not my most favored ones, I do prefere them over you since they at least has shown knowledge in whatever debates they have entered..

You say the Ashbringer is featless.. You say the Lich King is featless.. I say you are clueless.. Ofc, you dont have to listen to me.. Who knows, I might be wrong.. But for the same reason that you dont have to listen to me due to you probably considering me, I do not have to listen to you.. I consider you wrong.. Matter of opinion, end of debate, take care, enjoy your stay..

Jugglenaut
Hes undead, you can shoot him as much as you like, hes not going to bleed to death and die lol....thats if you get through his shields and armour

And Ashbringer the most powerful holy (anti undead) weapon on holy ground far outweighs the power of any gun especially aginst the Lich king...ofc your likely mentally handicapped so you wouldnt understand this.

also its obvious youve not played DMC, try and defeat almost any of the bosses with just ebony and ivory, I guarantee it takes far longer than if you use almost any of the melee weapons....so even in your own universe swords>the guns......

people would not even consider your opinion since you have no idea on either of the games your "debating" (if you can call it that, more like regurgitated BS) so far in this thread.
What shields and armor? Last time I checked, the armor didn't have feats that meant shit, even when Arthas the death knight was wearing it. Nobody's shown shield feats too. The RESPECT thread here has nothing.

Featless Ashbringer. Keep dodging the point. What has it done that makes it so 'powerful', other than scaring an equally featless Lich King away? Nothing.

Man, gameplay that balances the guns must really count. If so, Dante must have unlimited continues and lives alongside Samus and Kratos.

And you must suck at DMC if you consider the guns utterly worthless.

People wouldn't consider the opinion of a Kain fanboy if he claims that Jedah/Dmitri would get stomped by him.

Nozdormu
Oh wait, we were going by your logic.

Featless swords that don't even touch Ner'zhul to make him run away surely hurt more than a pair of guns.

Next, you'll be telling me he has resistance feats for guns, am I right? eek!

Once again you prove your lack of knowledge and ignorance:

e_oyXSSFAL0

At 05:03 you HEAR and SEE Lich King being struck by the Ashbringer. You even see the holy touch of the impact. You also see Arthas fly backwards. Or was the sword so powerful that the mere wind from the swipe impacted Arthas armor and sent him flying? Stop debating this matter before you make more and more a fool of yourself. A blind man, or a deaf one would both be able to tell that the sword struck Arthas in that encounter. Just drop this and get on your merry way.

Jugglenaut
Once again you prove your lack of knowledge and ignorance:

e_oyXSSFAL0

At 05:03 you HEAR and SEE Lich King being struck by the Ashbringer. You even see the holy touch of the impact. You also see Arthas fly backwards. Or was the sword so powerful that the mere wind from the swipe impacted Arthas armor and sent him flying? Stop debating this matter before you make more and more a fool of yourself. A blind man, or a deaf one would both be able to tell that the sword struck Arthas in that encounter. Just drop this and get on your merry way.

And you're claiming that his shields are so powerful that Ashbringer wouldn't do shit to him in the long run. I'm sure holy has to do with his weakness when DK Arthas has wrecked armies of the Silver Hand sitting around on so called 'holy' ground.

Let me guess, he somehow gained a blatant weakness to light now?

Guess the Rebellion/Force Edge/BoO would cut him apart.

Charlotte DeBel
Of course, if we're referring to almost-unrepresented in gameplay but present in multiple cutscenes "Jackpot" trick...

I'm explaining the base of that trick in a few simple phrases easy to understand even for die-hard Warcraft fanboys.

The demons in DMCverse have practiced and honed the defence against pure demonic energy blasts. However, they looked down at the guns as at something worthless and a silly tool for silly humans (not without reason, as it's near impossible to hurt high level demon with guns- as Lady learned hard way).

However, Sparda family (first Sparda himself with Luce and Ombra, then his younger son with Ebony and Ivory) has developed means to transfer demonic energy into the guns, basically disguising the blast of demonic energy (sometimes really powerful one) as harmless (for high level demons) bullet.

I don't see why the same "Trojan bullet" trick won't work on Lich King. After all, he'll be erecting shields against (as he thinks) something only a little bit dangerous than the bullet from clunky firearms the dwarves in WoW are using... and would get into the same trap guys like Mundus or the avatar of Despair Embodied run into.

So...underestimating guns sucks there- cause that particular trait in demonic commuinty of DMCverse has somewhat helped the Sparda family to build up their status of invincible combatants.

I thought I'm taking the break from Video Games vs, but it's just too much of uneducated BS being said there recently to ignore the thread.

Burning thought
What shields and armor? Last time I checked, the armor didn't have feats that meant shit, even when Arthas the death knight was wearing it. Nobody's shown shield feats too. The RESPECT thread here has nothing.

Featless Ashbringer. Keep dodging the point. What has it done that makes it so 'powerful', other than scaring an equally featless Lich King away? Nothing.

Man, gameplay that balances the guns must really count. If so, Dante must have unlimited continues and lives alongside Samus and Kratos.

And you must suck at DMC if you consider the guns utterly worthless.

People wouldn't consider the opinion of a Kain fanboy if he claims that Jedah/Dmitri would get stomped by him.

Shields that he can call up obviously, and what armor? you really are blind and your heads as dense as a lump of wood. Death knight Arthas has never worn the armor, only Lich King arthas has, shows yet again your lack of knowledge of the games. also:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Plate_of_the_Damned

read that and the helm of the damned, it makes the LK nearly invulerable, puny swords and weapons such as Ebony and ivory will do nothing.

Lich King is not featless at all fool lol....

So your saying Ebony and ivory are good weapons to use against bosses, hell opponents in general? better than the swords? laughing you must be the worst DMC player, what do you do? play on easy mode and flee while shooting ebony and ivory for ages agaisnt the opponents?

ofc they would, because ime correct fasci.....Jugglenaught, nobody on this forum would take anything that you say seriously, you dont know a thing about DMC or WoW, it shows.

Charlotte DeBel
BT, I guess the guy wasn't taking about gameplay (or did debate rule reverse happen there since I left that particular section of the board and we're now preferring non-canon gameplay over canon cutscenes?), but about cutscene stuff like Jackpot.

Guns won't certainly win you the fight gameplaywise, that's where you're right.

But I guess Lich King has been PWNed gameplaywise countless times depending on skills of the player.

Burning thought
Dante rarely uses his guns out of gameplay, the weapons when they are shown do very little, not to mention Jackpot is done by two people at once, in DMC 1 for instance Triss (or w/e the blonde ones name was) and Dante. When has he done it by himself?

Its also a slow attack, if Dante uses his guns in this battle, it will be folly.

Charlotte DeBel
You're idiot, darling.

The Despair Embodied (DMC2). There wasn't second person present in the fight. There's nothing that states Jackpot can be done with help only.

Stop trying to pass as DMC whiz, that's laughable at best. Not even knowing Trish name... I expected better from you.

It's not like it's Dante 1-to-1 with Lich King, and energy charge of the gun is the only "slow" part of attack.

Jugglenaut
Shields that he can call up obviously, and what armor? you really are blind and your heads as dense as a lump of wood. Death knight Arthas has never worn the armor, only Lich King arthas has, shows yet again your lack of knowledge of the games. also:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Plate_of_the_Damned

read that and the helm of the damned, it makes the LK nearly invulerable, puny swords and weapons such as Ebony and ivory will do nothing.

Lich King is not featless at all fool lol....

So your saying Ebony and ivory are good weapons to use against bosses, hell opponents in general? better than the swords? laughing you must be the worst DMC player, what do you do? play on easy mode and flee while shooting ebony and ivory for ages agaisnt the opponents?

ofc they would, because ime correct fasci.....Jugglenaught, nobody on this forum would take anything that you say seriously, you dont know a thing about DMC or WoW, it shows.

Oh sorry, I sure pay attention to every ****ing detail in WoW.
By the way, how do you explain how he magically put the armor on at the end of TFT without us noticing?
More like it IS like death knight armor.

Oh man, because someone says it's invulnerable must mean it's invulnerable.

I guess there's nothing to counter Dante Just Guarding everything the Lich King throws at him, since it makes him all 'INVULNERABLE and shit'.

You must really suck if the only thing you can think of is sword mashing and not chaining.

OFC they would, because you're an obvious Kain fanboy. Dur.

Burning thought
wtf is that? youre idiot? Jugglenaught isnt mine if thats what your saying.....I tool him yeah but I dont "use" him as a tool so hes not my idiot.

Ive not seen the information stating that Dante fired Jackpot at despair embodied, I dont remember the part where its stated he fired Jackpot.

unlike you I do not obsess over DMC every day "darling" so knowing a side characters name from a game I played years ago is irrelvent unless you can show how its relvent to this debate?

I know almost as much on DMC the "game" as you do, the diffrence is that I would only give that information, you throw in your opinions and sometimes outright lies in debates ive had with you in the past to overhype the guy.

Not that Jackpot is impressive, each time its used its not only slow, it takes like 3/4 seconds to fire but then its shooting the enemies when their greatly weakened.

Burning thought
Oh sorry, I sure pay attention to every ****ing detail in WoW.
By the way, how do you explain how he magically put the armor on at the end of TFT without us noticing?
More like it IS like death knight armor.

Oh man, because someone says it's invulnerable must mean it's invulnerable.

I guess there's nothing to counter Dante Just Guarding everything the Lich King throws at him, since it makes him all 'INVULNERABLE and shit'.

You must really suck if the only thing you can think of is sword mashing and not chaining.

OFC they would, because you're an obvious Kain fanboy. Dur.

Then dont "try" and talk, and its not just a detail, your basically saying that a completly diffrent character was wearing armor that was actually trapped in ice for a whole game.....thats pretty damn idiotic...

"nearly" invulerable, and its not "someone" its the story, if you dont like it dont try and debate against it.

Guarding? all it is is a block with his weapon at the time..its pathetic not to mention most of LK powers would not be based on projectiles Dante could watch coming and attempt to block.

who said anything about sword slashing, the fact is the guns, especially ebony and ivory do not do as much damage as sword combos. read my posts.

Also Nozmordu this is a mismatch, whats stopping LK instantly taking over the minds of Sephiroth, Samus, Dante and Xemnas? I dont know about those bolded in detail but I know Dante has not stopped a super psychic power breaching his mind.

Nozdormu
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
BT, I guess the guy wasn't taking about gameplay (or did debate rule reverse happen there since I left that particular section of the board and we're now preferring non-canon gameplay over canon cutscenes?), but about cutscene stuff like Jackpot.

Guns won't certainly win you the fight gameplaywise, that's where you're right.

But I guess Lich King has been PWNed gameplaywise countless times depending on skills of the player.

Lich King has never been fought by players.. He has been declared too powerful to be engaged in combat.. The three times ever he has suffered defeat was:

1. Tirion Fordring had just obtained the purified Ashbringer, the most powerful holy weapon on the planet, infused with a true embodiment of actual light. The primary weapon against the likes of Lich King (Scourge). This "victory" for the living took place at Light's Hope Chapel, the most holy ground on Azeroth. This strengthened and empowered the already powerful paladin Tirion who charged Lich King who was caught by surprise and decided to fall back, rather than fight an uncalculated battle..

2. Apothecary Putress, servant of the sharp Varimathras delivered a painful blow against the king directly.. With Varimathras help, Putress created a very potent poision that according to Varimathras was designed not only to take out the Alliance and the Horde, but the Scourge and their leader (Lich King).. Varimathras, although having designed the poison with specifications to actually kill the Lich King misscalculated the power of the dark prince and the attack failed.. Lich King survived and fled the scene (Weakend however, for while the poison did not kill him, it did injure him).. On mere mortals, this poison killed in matter of seconds by merely breathing the gases in, and it melted away your skin.. Lich King however was struck by a barrel and hit by the liquid form, and to no surprise walked away with a lowered head and a bad cough..

3. Tirion Fordring once again gives a try against the Lich King.. This time he goes towards the heart of the problem (Literally).. By attacking the (literally) heart of Arthas that was being transported (No longer in Arthas body), he hoped to either free Arthas from the King's grasp or kill the king in the same blow.. While this attack SEVERELY injured the Lich King, leaving him severely wounded by having his heart struck, having him crawl on the ground trying to regenerate from the unaccounted for attack, Darion Mograin rides up to aid the almost dead Tirion who was nearly killed in the same move as he tried taking the heart, Darion ordered an escape. He said that while Lich King was weaker than he had EVER been before, he was too strong to kill even now (Saying this while standing next to the Lich King who was on his knees, struggling to keep cuncious and barely living).. A few moments later, Darion, Tirion and all the powerful knights that had come with Darion (Probably 20-30) fled the scene and Lich King regenerated at impossible speed, rising from his knees and taking a portal out from the chamber in which you stand..

No player has ever gotten a chance to even swing against Lich King..

Wil7

Your comeback amuses me. Sephiroth, Kratos, and Dante solo. Xemnas probably could solo, and Samus, not sure about Samus.

Nozdormu
Your comeback amuses me. Sephiroth, Kratos, and Dante solo. Xemnas probably could solo, and Samus, not sure about Samus.

How?

Burning thought
He prob doesnt have a debate apart from "I like the others more and have never played warcraft"

also please answer the end of my last post Noz.

Also can you tell me why his heart was being transported?

Wil7
How?

Seph destroys him with a meteo attack.
Kratos turns all big, and godlike and crushes him.
Dante has beaten bigger badies.
Xemnas can create a dopple ganger to help him, then he wins.

Nozdormu
Seph destroys him with a meteo attack.
Kratos turns all big, and godlike and crushes him.
Dante has beaten bigger badies.
Xemnas can create a dopple ganger to help him, then he wins.

1. Read first post
2. And Lich King can not?
3. A>B>C logic
4. More souls for the king? How generous

He prob doesnt have a debate apart from "I like the others more and have never played warcraft"

also please answer the end of my last post Noz.

Also can you tell me why his heart was being transported?

1. While Lich King possess powers of such sort, I have not involved them myself because we have not seen him convert anyone by entering their head. We know he can do it, but knowing the members on this forum it is not good enough. So I just.. didnt bring it up.

2. Arthas heart was being transported to be destroyed through a ritual. Arthas heart was declared his greatest weakness. While Lich King saw it as a threat, Tirion saw it as hope. Arthas wanted it destroyed in one of the Icecrown outer chambers for the location and all that ritual stuff, while Tirion wanted with it what he possibly could. He considered it a bright light in a very dark tunnle.

Burning thought
does it get destroyed? the heart?

And wil your wrong on all accounts, summon meteor is one of Sephiroths slow ass spells, Kratos cannot grow "all big" and Dante has not beaten more powerful beings than the LK...

Dark-Jaxx
Look, a monkey would have better understanding of what I said earlier than you do....infact a monkey would probably debate this better than you as well. Why would I debate a known fanboy for several pages when he is only going to spout the same biased fanboy bullshit each time?

Burning thought
errr wow a load of opinions, lies and a topping of BS......

As I said, a monkey would debate more intelligently...why dont you just say "Kratos is the buffest he winz!" since thats prob your best line, theres no point in holding it, its not going to impress anyone if you use it as a signoff.

Nozdormu
does it get destroyed? the heart?

And wil your wrong on all accounts, summon meteor is one of Sephiroths slow ass spells, Kratos cannot grow "all big" and Dante has not beaten more powerful beings than the LK...

Tirion Fordring does destroy the heart. This SEVERELY injures Lich King. When Lich King lies/kneels on the ground wounded and helpless from having his heart destroyed, Darion and the Ebon Blade rides into the chamber with sword in hand and kills every scourge in sight. Darion walks up to the now unconcious Tirion (The defensive blast from attacking the heart almost killed him (If it was the actual heart, the ritual or Lich King's presence that almost killed Tirion is actually unknown)). As Darion has gotten Tirion on his feet, they escape the scene after Darion has declared the Lich King unable of defeat even at this greatly weakened state.

Burning thought
hm maybe he cannot truly die. you prob need to dissolve him somehow or remove his spirit but its unlikely usual physical means would be much use.

Nozdormu
Only thing we have to support that is that Lich King is an eternal.. According to, I think it is BoM, an eternal can never really die.. An example is Xavius who has been killed twice and been alive three times..
His final defeat was him being turned into a tree because he could not be killed
You cant kill what cannot be killed, but you can stop it I guess.. Lich King has shown many degrees of 'immortality'..

Burning thought
He cannot be killed? then surely the people in this fight cannot win, I mean they cannot kill him and I dont think any of them have the ability to stop him.

Nozdormu
Indeed no one listed has what it takes to kill the Lich King forever, but it would not be necessary in this battle.. Destroy his body and they win.. It would be a crappy thread if they would have to kill him once and for all, since it is out of their capability..

Nozdormu
And you're claiming that his shields are so powerful that Ashbringer wouldn't do shit to him in the long run. I'm sure holy has to do with his weakness when DK Arthas has wrecked armies of the Silver Hand sitting around on so called 'holy' ground.

Let me guess, he somehow gained a blatant weakness to light now?

Guess the Rebellion/Force Edge/BoO would cut him apart.

Oh and no, I did not miss this post.. I merely didnt respond because you were making things too easy for me.. Like I said, you should stop before you make yourself appear more of a fool than you already have.. I can counter it if you want me to, but if I were in your shoes I wouldnt want that.. Ofc, I'd probably be too proud to admit it and just not respond at all..

Gumachi
He can easily Seal him up with Jackpot sending him into hell(in his own power). Also he didn't have help the Demon Power came from Dante.

Whatever you people are talking about.

Nozdormu
Read first post and come back with a suggestion that does not violate the specifications.

Jugglenaut
Oh and no, I did not miss this post.. I merely didnt respond because you were making things too easy for me.. Like I said, you should stop before you make yourself appear more of a fool than you already have.. I can counter it if you want me to, but if I were in your shoes I wouldnt want that.. Ofc, I'd probably be too proud to admit it and just not respond at all..
Hilarious how you're still dodging the points and hyping imaginary feats.

If I were in your shoes, fanboy, I'd stop before claiming LK is an abstract entity rolling on floor laughing

Nozdormu

If I were in your shoes, fanboy, I'd stop before claiming LK is an abstract entity rolling on floor laughing

Doding? I'm sparing you the humiliation of having at least 10 flaws pointed out in your not well thought-out post..

Oh and LK is no abstract entity What the f**k? Not even close.. The fact that such a thing is even crossing your head is sad..

Gumachi
Read first post and come back with a suggestion that does not violate the specifications

Who me?

Burning thought

An abstract entity like whom?

Nozdormu
Originally posted by Gumachi
Read first post and come back with a suggestion that does not violate the specifications

Who me?

Your post suggested sending him to Hell if I understood it properly. Not that this would hold him, but BFR is against the thread specifications. All participants must remain within the citadel throughout the entire battle.

Terryc250
Since when has omnislash been a non physical move? all Cloud does is use all the small parts of his sword at great speeds....

... You do notice that it doesn't cut right?

Burning thought
What do you mean? does anyone get cut and bleed in Advent children? I dont remember that happening...The film is only a PG or 12 is it not? you cant have sephiroth splattered into bloody pieces

Nozdormu
I am currently leveling up a priest and I'm getting a new computer.. Once I hit Northrend with this priest, I'll be recording every encounter with the Lich King.. Whilst my intentions are not primarly to post the clips as feats here on KMC, I will be doing that, to once and for all set the facts straight that Lich King is no longer featless and far more powerful than many here give him out to be.. The priest is currently 61, so I probably wont have all the material until december.. Patience is your friend..

KN7JL3
You know what saying that is exactly like saying? Lich King can create life, and therefore he can kill anything living.. Since he's able to create it, he must be able to erase it.. I know it's like that, though I did say I think he can. I stated it as an opinion.

SHM
What do you mean? does anyone get cut and bleed in Advent children? I dont remember that happening...The film is only a PG or 12 is it not? you cant have sephiroth splattered into bloody pieces

We can clearly see Cloud's body and sword, phase through Sephiroth's body. So no, it wasn't a physical attack.

And cannot you guys see this debate is useless?! I already saw all of you argue about fights involving those characters(Lich King, or Sephiroth, or Kratos, or Samus, or Dante, or Xemnas) many times, and the end is always the same: No one is able to convince each other that their favorite character wins.
Then later, someone creates another topic with one of these characters, and everything starts again.

Seriously guys, stop wasting your time here, insulting each other because of fictional characters, and go do something more productive.

KN7JL3
Well said. Also, Cloud gets bruised on his arm in Advent Children when on the bike, and gets stabbed by Sephiroth and bleeds (so, wtf? haermm) Omnislash ver. 5 just went through Sephiroth not scratching/bruising him, which shows Omnislash ver. 5 indeed is a non-physical attack.

Lich King
This is a weird thread to create, given that no significant weakness has been applied for the Lich King. Lich King with all certainty can take on Sephiroth, Kratos, Samus or Dante in a headsup battle him and any one of them. I can not speak for Xemnas because I have not played Kingdom Hearts.

If the likely takes place and they attack the Lich King one by one as the first post suggested, they will bite the dust. None of them can match the strength of the Lich King in a battle between two. Not including Xemnas, the one way they win would be through a common charge.

Kratos would be the one to oppose highest threat due to his great size, strength and strong skin, but even he would oppose very little by himself. Then Lich King has the additional advantage that unlike his foes he is able to follow every step, every thought, every word that is spoken. They will not be able to surprise him and he stands in defense.

This thread in my opinion is formed with an unfair advantage in Lich King's favor. The benefit of defense, the power of knowledge and the arsenal at Lich King's disposal makes this almost an impossible battle for the heroes.

Bro SMASH
You gotta make a better argument than that, Silly Goose. You're basically repeating the same basic stuff ("Lich King wins, I don't see how the heroes can win this"wink. You can't expect people to get anywhere if you're saying stuff like that.

Now explain WHY Lich King wins.

ScreamPaste
Wtf, two year bump?

The Scenario
I for one am pretty sure Samus could take out the Lich King. Might be tough, but she could do it.

How would the Lich King do against someting like her Stacked Beam? Plasma, Ice, and Electricity at once in a large wall of energy. Or she could use the Light Beam/Sun Burst or the Annihilator Beam.

Of course, there's always the "Screw Attack at supersonic speeds" option.

iChaos
This nigga. Well, moar pages.

Phantom Miria
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
You gotta make a better argument than that, Silly Goose. You're basically repeating the same basic stuff ("Lich King wins, I don't see how the heroes can win this"wink. You can't expect people to get anywhere if you're saying stuff like that.

Now explain WHY Lich King wins.

That post is over a year old and it has been months since Silly Goose was last online. I would not expect too satisfying a response.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Wtf, two year bump?

There was once a five year bump, if I recall correctly.

Also, I'm aware that it's been at least a little over four months but compared to many others who's left and came back, that's not too long.

ScreamPaste
I personally bumped the oldest topic on all of KMC.

Know how many replies I got? One, from Peach, who locked the thread. stick out tongue

DarkC
Unless the 5 here have some kind of weapon that is the complete polar opposite of Frostmourne, they're quite screwed. Feats of killing Gods or whatnot are moot.

Ashbringer was forged from Naaru essence. In modern day terms, that's like God shedding part of his essence into a mortal-forged weapon.

As depicted in-lore and in-game, Arthas is pretty much invincible if he has that sword.

A 'successful' LK encounter endgame, ludicrously enough, ends with him owning everyone in one move and he basically toys with the entire raid.

If the 5v1 can do something about Frostmourne, they have a good chance, otherwise not a single feat they have in the past will protect them from that sword.

Telekinesis, teleportation, intangibility, super-speed, some kind of divine intervention, whatever. Fury of Frostmourne owns them all in one shot.

The Scenario
So what kinds of attacks has he survived, brushed off, or otherwise?

Because I have doubts as to his "power."

DarkC
Originally posted by The Scenario
So what kinds of attacks has he survived, brushed off, or otherwise?

Because I have doubts as to his "power."
Pretty much lore-wise on the ranking scale he's technically stronger than most other entities and arguably on near equal terms with a Titan. The beings that basically created the world.

The dragons, who are basically power-scaled and have such type attacks as to be the 'Essence' of something, like Magic, Life, Time, they don't dare go up against him directly. Basically includes all your elemental or cliche theme based attacks.

As for mind control he's able to telepathically direct, control, and maintain the entirety of the Scourge. Without Arthas fused.

Just read up on him on the Blizz site.

The Scenario
That doesn't really tell me much. It's just his history, with close to nothing on what he can actually do. Steals souls, controls undead, and kills adventurers.

DarkC
Ner'Zhul (While trapped on Frozen Throne)

1.) Enslaved a powerful race with his power even while weak and imprisoned in a giant prison of ice.

2.) Created the Scourge and the undeath plague himself.

3.) Reached out to beings across the world individually and corrupted them, some being very prominent (Kel'Thuzad, Anub'arak) but most relevant was Arthas, one of the most devout and loyal paladins at the time of the story. Took a prince and made him a pawn, easy as that.

Arthas (DK)

1.) Can raise the dead in the blink of an eye.
2.) Extensive knowledge of necromantic magic.
3.) Martial prowess.

Adding the two together made, quote, "one of the most powerful beings Azeroth has ever known".

LK:

1.) Even when toying with Saurfang, Saurfang got one-shot and got his soul stolen, body taken and reanimated later into the LK's most powerful death knight.

2.) The entirely of the Scourge bends and is controlled under his will. Think psionic entity as in Overmind to the Zerg from StarCraft, so is the LK to the Scourge. Which is powerful. Heck, in Arthas: Rise of the Lich King he even made it start snowstorming violently in his slumber.

3.) When he gets pissed he unleashes Frostmourne, which is a part of the LK's soul itself. Even when in great distance from the LK himself, said sword is able to unleash great power, aka ignoring any armor. Not even a divine intervention saves anyone from Fury of Frostmourne, and after that predictably resses them as undead.

Sadly we haven't seen much of LK being fully serious and at full combat capacity other than the super OP one-shot move. He just dicks around half the time. When he gets srs, he uses the srs moves. More than once he's hurt his pride for being lax.

menokokoro
ok, i know that the lich king is powerful...and i know a good deal about that subject, but there is not possible way that he can take on these guys, sephiroth alone could probably beet him pretty easily

menokokoro
Originally posted by DarkC
Unless the 5 here have some kind of weapon that is the complete polar opposite of Frostmourne, they're quite screwed. Feats of killing Gods or whatnot are moot.

Ashbringer was forged from Naaru essence. In modern day terms, that's like God shedding part of his essence into a mortal-forged weapon.

As depicted in-lore and in-game, Arthas is pretty much invincible if he has that sword.

A 'successful' LK encounter endgame, ludicrously enough, ends with him owning everyone in one move and he basically toys with the entire raid.

If the 5v1 can do something about Frostmourne, they have a good chance, otherwise not a single feat they have in the past will protect them from that sword.

Telekinesis, teleportation, intangibility, super-speed, some kind of divine intervention, whatever. Fury of Frostmourne owns them all in one shot. see if it was just samus dante and xemnas i would agree with you. but kratos is almost certainly physically stronger than "arthas". btw you should specify, there is a difference between arthas and the lich king (not talking to you about the specifying dark) and sephiroth has some crazy magic abilities, frostmourn would do nothing to sephiroth, if he tried to suck his soul out....well, it wouldnt happen lol. at the end of ff7 after the group beet sephiroth he pulled clouds soul, and stopped his from entering the life stream, to fight him in a last ditch effort to stop from dying, and defeat cloud

ArtificialGlory
If anyone from team 2 is going to croak, it's going to be Sephiroth.

ScreamPaste
Agreed. He's got to be the least threatening on team 2. erm Considering Cloud consistently puts him down with Omnislash, Frostmourne would do fine.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Agreed. He's got to be the least threatening on team 2. erm Considering Cloud consistently puts him down with Omnislash, Frostmourne would do fine.

I think Xemnas would be the least threatening and then Sephiroth.

metaldragonhope
Xemnas uses the 1,000 laser barrage at lich king

if lich king can summon undead, then xemnas can summon heartless and nobiodes

can lich king cut through skyscrapers or fly? if not dragon form xemnas could kill him.

xemnas can become intqangible. it is possible because the op said you can intangible but not just escape thrpugh the barrier.

a heart crush hurt lch king? then xemnas steals his heart.

etc. etc.

ArtificialGlory
Lich King uses Apocalypse and inflicts terrible, terrible damage. Especially to Sephiroth and Xemnas.

NemeBro
How is the Lich King's durability?

Anything that would lead me to believe he is not effortlessly crushed like an insect by Kratos physically?

Omega Vision
I think the Lich King tends to get unfairly hyped.

The reason why he was so dangerous was the Scourge. Without them he's really not that powerful. Not to the point he'll beat this team.

Q'Anilia
The Scourge is not the reason the Lich King was hyped. The Scourge was fodder that the Lich King fed the world, so that it would grow stronger. He used his minions to train the people of Azeroth, knowing they would overcome the Scourge. The Lich King is powerful enough to bring down all of the Scourge on his own, should it be his enemies rather than servants.

The Scourge was as if worms to the Lich King, much like he is to Deathwing now.

NemeBro
Nothing you said makes me believe Kratos cannot tear him in half. estahuh

Q'Anilia
Kratos is known for claiming tokens and trophies. He'd tear Arthas in half, claim his helmet or sword as token and become the next Lich King shrug The Lich King is eternal, only his vessel dies.

ArtificialGlory
1v5 isn't exactly fair, especially against people like Kratos, Samus, and Dante.

Burning thought
Cant LK teleport? thot he could, but I can imagine if Kratos gets hold of the LK he would shatter the helm of dominance, not wear it.

ArtificialGlory
Cant LK teleport? thot he could, but I can imagine if Kratos gets hold of the LK he would shatter the helm of dominance, not wear it.

Yeah, he can teleport, but OP forbids teleporting. I agree, Kratos would sooner destroy the helm than wear it, especially if he knew what it was.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Kratos is known for claiming tokens and trophies. He'd tear Arthas in half, claim his helmet or sword as token and become the next Lich King shrug The Lich King is eternal, only his vessel dies. But, they would be so insignifigant, he would not need them, so why take them? 131

On a serious note, if knowing what they do counts as basic knowledge, Kratos would not take them. He is not stupid.

Not to mention by the thread's standards he already won anyway. big grin

Burning thought
This thread would have been less of a stomp if it was set in the LK gamepaly fight with the mechanics bent a little in LKs favour to work against the fact hes facing so many strong characters.

Q'Anilia
If the mechanics of the fight applied, no one would win. They would be plagued and have no means of curing themselves and they would tear Lich King apart. Everybody dies.

Burning thought
Then that would be fair. Equel deaths rather than the LK not being able to take them all on with any success.

NemeBro
Well, I was only debating Kratos. no expression

I believe Kratos can win alone. 131

Burning thought
Not really because the LK can teleport, and go intangible. Kratos would lose his soul imo.

Edit: I assume LK is on his own, although I would not be surprised if he can make more minions.If hes not on his own then maybe some of the Ice crown bosses and environments should be discussed, the group may catch varying types of plague before they reach the LK.

RE: Blaxican
Of the current more active debaters on here, I'd say BT's pretty close to being the best.

Q'Anilia
I disagree, but there's no surprise there. Although this ain't the place to discuss that, so back to the matter at hand:

The Lich King encounter was a vast disappointment, because his way of combat was very bland and boring. He weren't actively endangering the heroes, instead merely implimenting indirect fatal danger.

This suggest that the Lich King in combat is pretty easy to overcome. My previous debating in favor of the Lich King was much based on his ability to phase-shift and abilities of similar nature, but he doesn't appear overly interested in implimenting such for combat.

RE: Blaxican
It's no surprise that you disagree with me? W-why? D:

We used to be such great friends on that one site.

Q'Anilia
It's not a surprise that I disagree with your statement. It's not a secret how I feel about Burning Thought's techniques stick out tongue You I like.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
I disagree, but there's no surprise there. Although this ain't the place to discuss that, so back to the matter at hand:

The Lich King encounter was a vast disappointment, because his way of combat was very bland and boring. He weren't actively endangering the heroes, instead merely implimenting indirect fatal danger.

This suggest that the Lich King in combat is pretty easy to overcome. My previous debating in favor of the Lich King was much based on his ability to phase-shift and abilities of similar nature, but he doesn't appear overly interested in implimenting such for combat.

You found it bland? I played it last night and I think its a really good encounter, far more unique then most in WoW in how you have to deal with him. Hardly a tank and spank.

He does not want to completly destroy them, and I imagine he does not want to take their souls because he wants them right where they are when he resurrects the corpses for his new army. And he would have gotten away with it too if it was not for those meddling ki.....powers of PIS light from Tirion.

Q'Anilia
Its bland in terms of combat prominence. He infest them, summon minions and pull them into his blade. It's a fun fight, I can imagine, but it's not as brutal as one would've expected. And lets face it, from an analytic point of view, his way of combat doesn't really speak in his favor for threads like this. Even though he intended to resurrect them, that doesn't really change anything, as there's no telling he wouldn't hold back here either. He'd note their power and want them to serve him.

The reoccuring theme of the Lich King is that he desire for his greatest enemies to serve him, not die.

Burning thought
Well you cant expect it to be too fancy can you. Its not a cinematic after all. Besides dont forget with a sword slash he imprisoned Tirion in a block of ice, surely thats kind of a submission win. Besdies they have all lost as soon as Infest or necrotic plague takes into action, simply because I dont think any of them can resist such a disease. Not even the life binder, queen of the Dragons can remove the plague of undeath.

Also chances are hes going to face Dante first, then maybe Sephiroth/Xemnas, those 3 are less likely to stick together as a team and so the fastest one will get there first.

Utrigita
Well you cant expect it to be too fancy can you. Its not a cinematic after all. Besides dont forget with a sword slash he imprisoned Tirion in a block of ice, surely thats kind of a submission win. Besdies they have all lost as soon as Infest or necrotic plague takes into action, simply because I dont think any of them can resist such a disease. Not even the life binder, queen of the Dragons can remove the plague of undeath.

Also chances are hes going to face Dante first, then maybe Sephiroth/Xemnas, those 3 are less likely to stick together as a team and so the fastest one will get there first.

Think of it like the battle between Illidan and Arthas BT, the short battle the two had in Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was more correct from a lore wise point of view then the battle that we saw in the Cinematic and the battle with Illidan in Outland. Basically from what I have heard the bosses in WoW doesn't use a fraction of the power that is at their disposal according to the lore, but still WoW is the place that atm gives us the most up to date view on how each individual fight, and they fight with a fraction of what they can do making versus threads such as these hard to debate. Atleast that is my opinion.

Burning thought
Its certainly hard to debate, ill agree to that. Most of them have nothing but gameplay to go on. They cant really use that much power because its just a game as well, they only have so much they can show in it.

NemeBro
Not really because the LK can teleport, and go intangible. Kratos would lose his soul imo.

Edit: I assume LK is on his own, although I would not be surprised if he can make more minions.If hes not on his own then maybe some of the Ice crown bosses and environments should be discussed, the group may catch varying types of plague before they reach the LK. Yeah man cause teleporting and going intangible worked so well when Zeus did it.

Only it did not work at all.

Lose his soul?

Like the time Hades took Kratos'?

Uhuh.

Burning thought
It probably did when Zeus actually did it, e.g., not in cutscenes while Kratos was shoving swords into him.

Hades did not...afaik

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>