Batman: Brave and The Bold

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Sooo...what did you guys think of the show?

So-so, meh, alright, didn't see, good!, better than The Batman.

Master Crimzon
I didn't watch it, but it sounds horrific.

BlackZero30x
i dont know i dident get to see it...although i thought it sounded like a good idea...im not sure their gonna do it very good ya kno....i like the idea of batman and some other hero on an adventure...i mean they could have anyone from dc join with him but since it sounds good in theory...it probably wont be very well done.

BruceSkywalker
I love all things Batman, but this new cartoon was not that good, at least the first show anyway..

The actors doing the voices were all wrong and sounded bad

The first story with Blue Beetle was horrific

and...The Batman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Batman :Brave and Bold

Scythe
Wait, this is a cartoon series? I thought it was just a movie?

Also, it's old-school, retro Batman, so I think it might be a Batman from a different universe. Wasn't there like two universes where one was like, still in 1940 or something? I might be wrong here.

Scythe
Earth 2 is what I am thinking about.

Kovacs86
I honestly don't give a shit about this and the Batman. Nothing will match the Bruce Timm/ Paul Dini DCU...

jalek moye
does it come on friday?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by jalek moye
does it come on friday?

Every friday on the cartoon network

SnakeEyes
I remember seeing the preview for this show a while back and maybe about 10 seconds in I decided that I wouldn't watch it. Still not going to, it looked terrible.

BruceSkywalker
Just watched the second show with Plastic Man..

Ummm, next week I hope

WrathfulDwarf
There is still one more Batman cartoon series for next year.

Badabing
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Sooo...what did you guys think of the show?

So-so, meh, alright, didn't see, good!, better than The Batman. It's a bit campy, which isn't totally bad. But against the original Batman TAS most cartoons will fall short.

Silent Guardian
this is for younger kids like 14 and younger. Maybe just 12 and under. I dont love it but its not targeted towards me. But I do like Batmans inner monologue wit himself.

Scythe
This is overall great though, it oozes campy times from the days of the Superfriends, might become that. It's the same ole plots as the good old days with new-school animation. I gave this show a massive chance and it's doing pretty good.

Can you imagine when they get all the heroes, form the Superfriends and Lex forms the Legion of Doom. Yeah, hopefully it'll be kick ass.

Sin I AM
its actually not that bad, CAMPY is the word that describes the series to a T, whereas the old show was geared more towards us adults, this new one has batmans dark side toned down

I-Drop
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
The Batman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Batman :Brave and Bold Ditto. Big time

WrathfulDwarf
No new episodes till Jan 09...

tkitna
I actually like it better than 'The Batman'. That cartoon sucks.

Scythe
This is really good imo. The red hood comes out next week, and Batman turned into a Manbat, that was great. I'm looking forward to seeing Superman show up.

AC/DC'S_LVR
the only episode i watched all the way through was when he was fighting the zombies
all in all...too kiddie for my taste i might like it if i was 8 but naaaaaaaaaahhhhh
until they bring on actual Batman villians, i dont think ill watch much of it

The Batman:
kiddie-yes
but watchable at time

el shevi
muy buen foro....

BlackZero30x
after watching this show i have come to the conclusion that if you were asked to chose to either go blind or watch this show you could look at it like this...if you go blind you could never see again but if you watch this show would you ever want to see again.....basically im saying i did not care much for this show at all...others may and thats ok but its deffintly not for me.......although i will admit if theirs nothing else on i will watch it just because its batman.... sad

AC/DC'S_LVR
saw some of this weeks episode
FINALLY!!!the Red Hood appears! hopefully next weeks will include my main dood evil face

SnakeEyes
Why do they produce such shit?

Bat Dude
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Why do they produce such shit?

Why does everyone bash anything not called Batman: The Animated Series?

jalek moye
i'm actually starting to like this. its getting better and it gets people more interesting in lkesser known characters

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Bat Dude
That's what I'd like to know. no expression

BlackZero30x
thats not why I bash it actually i think the animation isnt great...I think the voice actors could have been picked better for the rolls they needed them for...and make the char seem kinda kiddish...thats why i dont like it...but like said before its ok if others do like it thats fine this is just my opinion.

BruceSkywalker
Even though this is much more a kids show, it is still BATMAN

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Even though this is much more a kids show, it is still BATMAN

lol yea and that's why i always watched The Batman and even with my opinion i will watch it when nothing else is on...mostly to fall asleep to though

SnakeEyes

Because all the other Batman cartoons have been shit. Pretty simple.

AC/DC'S_LVR
Because all the other Batman cartoons have been shit. Pretty simple.
i concur
at least with Batman: TAS, they kept a certain amount of maturity while the more recent ones tend to focus more on children

SnakeEyes
Yep, although now that I think about it, Batman Beyond was okay. Much better than the recent crap they've been making.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by AC/DC'S_LVR
i concur
at least with Batman: TAS, they kept a certain amount of maturity while the more recent ones tend to focus more on children

Well, I think that's to be expected...

It's a cartoon... On Kids WB (or in the case of Brave and the Bold, Cartoon Network)... It's obviously gonna be geared towards kids...

I'm willing to bet WB's mindset is "Oh, the adults have Nolan's Batman, so we need to put out stuff for the kids, too."

AC/DC'S_LVR
Yep, although now that I think about it, Batman Beyond was okay. Much better than the recent crap they've been making.
Batman Beyond and Batman TAS are definately my fave cartoon series

Well, I think that's to be expected...

It's a cartoon... On Kids WB (or in the case of Brave and the Bold, Cartoon Network)... It's obviously gonna be geared towards kids...

I'm willing to bet WB's mindset is "Oh, the adults have Nolan's Batman, so we need to put out stuff for the kids, too."
id be nice if at least Adult Swim came out with a Nolan Batman series you know? anime or something like with Gotham Knight?

Sin I AM
the series is fine as is, the creators were not attempting to recreate Batman tas because there was no need. in my opinion its great because it pertains a lot more to the dc universe as a whole as opposed to just being stuck in gotham city and I've been pleased to see characters like blue beetle and green arrow without the presence of the rest of the jla.

AC/DC'S_LVR
i loved last weeks episode
except for the fact that the Red Hood was good ahah

Badabing
i loved last weeks episode
except for the fact that the Red Hood was good ahah Agreed. It's will be cool to see how Bats and Owlman play out.

Scythe
I'm f*cking loving how all the TDK and TAS fanboys, especially the Joker fanboys are eating their shit in regards to how awesome this cartoon has turned out.

AC/DC'S_LVR
new episodes tomarrow!dancing
time to see what Owlman did to Batman's Gotham

jalek moye
new episodes tomarrow!dancing
time to see what Owlman did to Batman's Gotham

you're oppinion of the show sure has changed

Scythe
Originally posted by Scythe
I'm f*cking loving how all the TDK and TAS fanboys, especially the Joker fanboys are eating their shit in regards to how awesome this cartoon has turned out.

Pretty much. Most of my buds have done the same. "This goddamn cartoon doesn't even have the best character ever, the Joker! Even Adam West fought the Joker, WTF?! Stupid ass cartoon, it can go to hell!"

13 episodes later

"Hey guys, can't go out to the bar today, I wanna TiVo this Batman: Red Hood episode, and I wanna watch it badly, most of the guys are down here if all of you want to watch it with us."

What the hell...

I always wondered, how in denial are the people who love Batman and the Joker are when it comes to The Batman? I love both characters, but The Batman's Joker is just plain shit. Let alone the wanna-be anime physics made me sort of ashmed to be a Batman fan. Thank goodness for this cartoon.

BlackZero30x
Pretty much. Most of my buds have done the same. "This goddamn cartoon doesn't even have the best character ever, the Joker! Even Adam West fought the Joker, WTF?! Stupid ass cartoon, it can go to hell!"

13 episodes later

"Hey guys, can't go out to the bar today, I wanna TiVo this Batman: Red Hood episode, and I wanna watch it badly, most of the guys are down here if all of you want to watch it with us."

What the hell...

I always wondered, how in denial are the people who love Batman and the Joker are when it comes to The Batman? I love both characters, but The Batman's Joker is just plain shit. Let alone the wanna-be anime physics made me sort of ashmed to be a Batman fan. Thank goodness for this cartoon.

i get what you mean i will admit i still watch it but honestly only if i have nothing else to do...anyone see the atom and aquaman team up... mad

Scythe
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
i get what you mean i will admit i still watch it but honestly only if i have nothing else to do...anyone see the atom and aquaman team up... mad

I did see that one, I found it kinda funny. I also enjoyed lesser known/seen heroes getting screen time.

Nemesis X
This cartoon sucks. Enough with the retarded little kiddie Batman shows. It's annoying. I stick to the comics and live action movies because they know how to be more entertaining. This show makes the heroes and villains look more ridiculous. Aqua Man looks gayer than ever.

Scythe
Originally posted by Nemesis X
This cartoon sucks. Enough with the retarded little kiddie Batman shows. It's annoying. I stick to the comics and live action movies because they know how to be more entertaining. This show makes the heroes and villains look more ridiculous. Aqua Man looks gayer than ever.

Enough? This is the second toon for kids.

AC/DC'S_LVR
cause they finally brought in my main man
and after the zombie brawl, i got a little interested

13 episodes later

What the hell...

well i like The Batman a little bit but not cause the Joker was in it i cant really describe why i find it funny in some ways
and i was merely waiting for BATB to introduce the Joker to see if they bring a little bit of menace to it instead of just crappy team ups and internal dialogue

Scythe
cause they finally brought in my main man
and after the zombie brawl, i got a little interested

Don't worry, alot of people did this as well. I think it's good though, more people are starting to realize this cartoon has potential. Saturday morning cartoon Batman at his best, only he's not Saturday mornings.... Which is good, I despise mornings!

well i like The Batman a little bit but not cause the Joker was in it i cant really describe why i find it funny in some ways
and i was merely waiting for BATB to introduce the Joker to see if they bring a little bit of menace to it instead of just crappy team ups and internal dialogue

That's good, there are good fans of The Batman. They lost me when Batgirl ended up being a child instead of a hot chick, what the hell?! I still know plenty of The Batman fans who are in denial to most of the characters. The Riddler looked like shit, everyone knows this.

AC/DC'S_LVR
Don't worry, alot of people did this as well. I think it's good though, more people are starting to realize this cartoon has potential. Saturday morning cartoon Batman at his best, only he's not Saturday mornings.... Which is good, I despise mornings!

That's good, there are good fans of The Batman. They lost me when Batgirl ended up being a child instead of a hot chick, what the hell?! I still know plenty of The Batman fans who are in denial to most of the characters. The Riddler looked like shit, everyone knows this.
i agree on the Batgirl thing
if it was like the older shows, they would have some tension between Batgirl and Batmn, but i think the riskiest thing theyll do is have something up with Robin ad Batgirl at some point

Scythe
i agree on the Batgirl thing
if it was like the older shows, they would have some tension between Batgirl and Batmn, but i think the riskiest thing theyll do is have something up with Robin ad Batgirl at some point

At some point?? They're still making new episodes of The Batman??

AC/DC'S_LVR
last i saw yeah on the WB

Scythe
last i saw yeah on the WB

I did not know this. . .

This is evidence enough that obviously someone out there is watching this stuff. No use in complaining about the existance of certain shows when goddamn it, everyone must be watching them. The same goes for this show, I've come across so many that question its existance, when obviously someone's watching it.

AC/DC'S_LVR
very philosophical of you there

Scythe
very philosophical of you there

Yeah, I guess. I usually don't make fun of shows until they're cancelled, heh.

Master Crimzon
I must say, the semi-positive responses here led me to check out the episode with Joker in it... god, I think I'm traumatized. Just because it's the Joker it doesn't mean he's awesome; he was campy, not intimidating in the least, and had a ridiculously bad voice actor. Batman's one-liners are annoying: they're reminiscent of a bad action movie, a la Michael Bay. The animation is horrendous.

Honestly, I'm not the type to hate anything simply because it's new and different. But this is a ****ing disgrace. Watching it feels like having my intelligence insulted.

AC/DC'S_LVR
ive said it a million times already i think, buttheyre aiming at younger audiences and i gues thos camp qualities and crappy one liners are what the kiddies lke nowadys
that and little whores who think theyre musically talented cause they starred in a crappy Disney made for tv movie then send naked pics of them seles to each other

Master Crimzon
I understand that this cartoon is made for kids- but really, TAS was made for kids, too. It simply bothered to add more layers and an atmosphere that appealed to adults, instead of a campy, pointless series that doesn't even bother to entertain anyone over the age of 10. It's a pain to watch.

By the way, are you referring to Hannah Montana, the Jonas Brothers, and the rest of their irk when you say 'little whores'? If so... well, mate, I couldn't possibly agree with you more. The glorification of superficiality, glamor, empty fame, and beauty over talent is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen.

Scythe
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
he was campy, not intimidating in the least,

It's what this show is about though, camp value. People are coming to this cartoon expecting it to not be campy and to be mature, when it's not.

Master Crimzon
It's what this show is about though, camp value. People are coming to this cartoon expecting it to not be campy and to be mature, when it's not.

I know, and I'm opposed to it. If a movie intended to suck, would it be wrong for me to criticize it for sucking? I hate the entire concept behind the show.

Scythe
I know, and I'm opposed to it. If a movie intended to suck, would it be wrong for me to criticize it for sucking? I hate the entire concept behind the show.

I understand that though, however in general, people have had hopes that this toon would be something like Gotham Knight, which is quite moronic within itself.

Master Crimzon
I understand that though, however in general, people have had hopes that this toon would be something like Gotham Knight, which is quite moronic within itself.

Yeah, it's cool. I just can't stand campiness and childish humor in a Batman series.

Scythe
Yeah, it's cool. I just can't stand campiness and childish humor in a Batman series.

But, it would be really cool if they did pump out some Gotham Knight style anime or cartoons.

Master Crimzon
Yeah, it sure as hell would be. I'm all for making a new Batman cartoon that is complex and mature; it will be awesome indeed.

Scythe
Well, I think there might be one more Batman cartoon under the radar for later this year or early next year. hope it doesn't suck.

Master Crimzon
There's a new one? Great. Is it gonna be dark?

Scythe
That's what I heard/read somewhere. I'm not sure, I'll post a thread about it as I find out anything about it.

jalek moye
But, it would be really cool if they did pump out some Gotham Knight style anime or cartoons.
i thought gotham knight was pretty crappy in most of its stories. just if they make one like the animated series with better animation and actual fights i'd be happy

Scythe
i thought gotham knight was pretty crappy in most of its stories. just if they make one like the animated series with better animation and actual fights i'd be happy

Some of it did suck to me as well. I enjoyed only a few stories, but I loved the animation style on each story, even though some didn't fit at all. I'd like to see a toon with an animation style similar to the last story.

AC/DC'S_LVR
i still think that an anime Batman similar to Gotham Knight would be awesomeness

Scythe
F*ckin' awesome The Scarecrow came out, along with the first Flash. That was just great

BruceSkywalker
i still think that an anime Batman similar to Gotham Knight would be awesomeness

yes it would

F*ckin' awesome The Scarecrow came out, along with the first Flash. That was just great

yep

Zepxyon
Its too gimicky for my taste and it doesnt feel like Gotham."The Batman" was terrible but atleast it had that feel that batman was Batman.In gotham blood red sky dark atmosphere and every quallity of batman.Brave and the bold just ruins all that for me the personallity of batman makes you think your not even watching a batman show.A yes i understand its a kids show but its just not batman to me.One episode he time traveled...That just destroyed the whole batman idea for me.

spidermanrocks
I don't really like the show. In my opinion, it's not a good show. Batman isn't supposed to be a blue with a sense of humor. Batman is supposed to be dark. I know he originally was the blue knight instead of the dark knight but I think a dark Batman works better. Batman is supposed to strike fear into his enemies. A friendly, light Batman wouldn't scare anyone. And Batman is supposed to scare people since he doesn't have any powers.

Ridley_Prime
I finally watched an episode of this cartoon not too long ago.. and it was enough to make my eyes want to pop out (even more-so than Wolverine and the X-Men).
And I don't think I even need to say why since everyone's pretty much already explained the things wrong with the show.

jedi90
Originally posted by Zepxyon
Its too gimicky for my taste and it doesnt feel like Gotham."The Batman" was terrible but atleast it had that feel that batman was Batman.In gotham blood red sky dark atmosphere and every quallity of batman.Brave and the bold just ruins all that for me the personallity of batman makes you think your not even watching a batman show.A yes i understand its a kids show but its just not batman to me.One episode he time traveled...That just destroyed the whole batman idea for me.

its funny listening to all these complaints about the show when batman has previously done everything from fighting the predator to using shark repellent in comics and TV .

spidermanrocks
The show is alright but we need a darker Batman cartoon because Batman is a dark character and has dark stories. The should release a new Batman cartoon after Nolan finishes his franchise and the cartoon could pick up from where Nolan ended.

spidermanrocks
I meant They Should not The Should

Micheal_Myers
Just finished Game Over OwlMan. And I actually really enjoyed it. I probably wont be getting into this show, but that episode was hilarious.

My one nitpick here is Joker's voice actor....he is god awful...

ankur29
power of shazam ep was really imo

when BM punched captain sivanna to no ill effect and hurt his hand...lol

just happy the the shazam family got more limelight

Omega Vision
Its awesome. I loved the episode with Bat-Mite, there were so many shout-outs and in-jokes.

JakeTheBank
Power of Shazam was really cool.

But Chill of the Night...geez, that episode was easily the best one to date. It had a very surreal almost BTAS feel to it, which isn't a surprise considering Paul Dini wrote the episode.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Power of Shazam was really cool.

But Chill of the Night...geez, that episode was easily the best one to date. It had a very surreal almost BTAS feel to it, which isn't a surprise considering Paul Dini wrote the episode.
Where did you see Chill of the Night? I thought it wasn't coming out until April.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Where did you see Chill of the Night? I thought it wasn't coming out until April.

A friend of mine sent me a torrent for it

Scythe
A friend of mine sent me a torrent for it

What's Chill of the Night about?

JakeTheBank
What's Chill of the Night about?

It's about Batman finding out the details behind his parent's deaths while the Spectre and Phantom Stranger make a wager to see if Bruce will give in to vengeance or stay committed to justice. It was a pretty damn cool ep.

Scythe
It's about Batman finding out the details behind his parent's deaths while the Spectre and Phantom Stranger make a wager to see if Bruce will give in to vengeance or stay committed to justice. It was a pretty damn cool ep.

Oh, neat. Thanks, I'll look forward to watching it.

big o
the brave and the bold sucks for the following reasons
few batvillains ever appear
no mainstream heroes (other than batman )appear
everyone is in their lame 40's and 50's costume .thank god it doesnt have lex luthor id hate to see him with a full head of hair

Scythe
Has it been announced that Bats is teaming up with Scooby Doo again?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.