Hey, what movie is better, Kung Fu Panda or Wall-E???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

=Tired Hiker=
I just put these movies on my queue and I want to watch the best one second. I'll base the order on the votes in the poll. kthnksbai -hiker.

Ax3l
WALL-E

AC/DC'S_LVR
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I just put these movies on my queue and I want to watch the best one second. I'll base the order on the votes in the poll. kthnksbai -hiker.
i havent seen Wal-E yet but Kung Fu Panda got real old realy quick even though some of it was funnyish

Rogue Jedi
The Big Lebowski

=Tired Hiker=
Okay .. . okay.

Ax3l
Wall-E set a new bar in animation. It's one of the best animated films I have ever seen because of how great it looked. If it's not nominated for an Academy Award I will literally shit in your mouth

Mairuzu
the one with the robot

AC/DC'S_LVR
im about to order Wal-E on On Demand when i get home

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Ax3l
Wall-E set a new bar in animation. It's one of the best animated films I have ever seen because of how great it looked. If it's not nominated for an Academy Award I will literally shit in your mouth

Oh God, let's hope it's not nominated? eek!

No, but seriously, your conviction was so powerful, I'm going to watch Wall-E second as to save the best for last. Well done, Axel.

Röland
Juno

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Mairuzu
the one with the robot

Pass the bong, dude.

=Tired Hiker=

Röland
Amateurs. roll eyes (sarcastic)
NO U!

Neo Darkhalen
Wall-E

=Tired Hiker=
Okay, Wall-E ftw.

=Tired Hiker=
Useless move: Thread served it's purpose already.

MildPossession
Kung Fu Panda was decent but nothing memorable for me and some of the vocal work was not very fitting, Wall.E though is one of the best films of 2008 so far. Obviously Wall.E is better...

Impediment
Wall-E. Hands down. Watch it ASAP.

jaden101
this is about a unanimous verdict as i think we've ever had on KMC in my time here

although if i was choosing any animated film wall-E would rank after Dumbo and watership down and iron giant

Lord Knightfa11
hmmmm wall-e

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by jaden101
although if i was choosing any animated film wall-E would rank after Dumbo and watership down and iron giant

Yeah man, The Iron Giant ftw.

First_Tsurugi06
Wall-E, while not bad by any stretch, gave me a feeling of emptiness. I usualy do like things that can be so subtle while taking it so far, but at the same time, I tend to dislike the kind of atmosphere that the movie gave; I know for a fact that it was just me, but the focus on Wall-E's physical actions, with what symbolism feeling, to me, less subtle and more blatant. I really don't want to call it overrated, but compared to what the general majority says, that may be how it seems.

Normally, I try to focus more on execution of a certain style, genre, or cliche but as far as sheer style is concerned, I've ever been particularly convinced by the kind that Wall-E presents. I'm not above calling it bias in a sense, that much I admit. Basically, I didn't dislike it, I just didn't love it as much as the general public did.

As for Kung-Fu Panda, I saw it only once, and I'll have to see it again on DVD before reassessing my opinion on the movie. I generally enjoyed it from a technical standpoint especially (The Skadoosh quote under my name is just because that part in the trailer stuck to me).

SpaceMonkey
I will take either option 3 or 4: Poking my own eys out or nailing my left hand to my forehead. Seriously... these movies are trash.

S_D_J
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
I will take either option 3 or 4: Poking my own eys out or nailing my left hand to my forehead. Seriously... these movies are trash.

haven't seen good movies lately, have you?

Wall-E kicks Panda's ass, though I'm pretty sure TH already knows that

... of course I haven't seen Kung Fu Panda, so I'm basing my opinion on a biased preference towards any Pixar movie yes

First_Tsurugi06

You don't know trash til you've seen Madagascar.

SpaceMonkey
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
You don't know trash til you've seen Madagascar.

(shivers) sick

ragesRemorse

Aliens...,Aliens is a better movie cool

Impediment
Madagascar 2 was okay, but nowhere near great.

BackFire
Wall-E.

Best film of the year and probably the best animated film I've ever seen.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Wall-E, while not bad by any stretch, gave me a feeling of emptiness. I usualy do like things that can be so subtle while taking it so far, but at the same time, I tend to dislike the kind of atmosphere that the movie gave; I know for a fact that it was just me, but the focus on Wall-E's physical actions, with what symbolism feeling, to me, less subtle and more blatant. I really don't want to call it overrated, but compared to what the general majority says, that may be how it seems.

Normally, I try to focus more on execution of a certain style, genre, or cliche but as far as sheer style is concerned, I've ever been particularly convinced by the kind that Wall-E presents. I'm not above calling it bias in a sense, that much I admit. Basically, I didn't dislike it, I just didn't love it as much as the general public did.

As for Kung-Fu Panda, I saw it only once, and I'll have to see it again on DVD before reassessing my opinion on the movie. I generally enjoyed it from a technical standpoint especially (The Skadoosh quote under my name is just because that part in the trailer stuck to me).

I feel ya. I too have a problem with movies that make me feel empty. Like Finding Nemo, great movie, but damn it had its really really really really sad parts. sad

Darth Martin
Originally posted by BackFire
Wall-E.

Best film of the year and probably the best animated film I've ever seen. Better than The Dark Knight?

BackFire
I think so, definitely.

Master Crimzon
Nah.

Wall-E's the third best movie I've seen this year.

SpaceMonkey
I just don't get it! Sorry, I have to say something. Wall-E was trash! Is everyone just going with the crowd or something? Who on this planet older than 10 likes that crap?!

jaden101
I just don't get it! Sorry, I have to say something. Wall-E was trash! Is everyone just going with the crowd or something? Who on this planet older than 10 likes that crap?!

the irony being that most of the films you list in your profile as your favourites are also aimed at kids (starwars, lord of the rings and comic book based movies)

MildPossession
Oooo Mild Possession can't say anything nasty towards him, he likes Phantom of the Paradise!! cult classic. Bugger. smile

SpaceMonkey
Jaden101: But those movies are bad-ass.... there's a difference, LOL.

MildPossession: Great classic movie, right?! I like your style.

jaden101
Jaden101: But those movies are bad-ass.... there's a difference, LOL.

MildPossession: Great classic movie, right?! I like your style.

laughing Wall-E pwns R2

uuuuhhhh...na probably not laughing out loud

Master Crimzon
Wall-E is good because it contains powerful themes and ideas that appeal to both adults and kids. Sure, it's 'kid-friendly', but it contains the same amount of potential enjoyment for adults. If anything, kids can't fully understand- or enjoy- the movie (especially it's dialogue-less parts).

=Tired Hiker=
So I attempted to watch Kung Fu Panda last night, I laughed out loud a few times, then at about 36 minutes into it my dvd player got stuck. So I put it in my computer, but my computer wouldn't even play the disc. This never happens, so my guess is the disc is corrupt or something since it doesn't really look scratched. I mailed it back and will get Wall-E next, I'll finish Panda another time, it's just that y'all got me wanting to see Wall-E really bad now.

Anyway, I was hoping the dvd player was broken, because that would give me a great excuse to finally buy a Blu-ray player, or an Xbox. You see, my wife will not allow me to purchase either of those since money is tight, got a baby on the way and such, so I was bummed it was a problem with the disc, not the player.

Robtard
Wall-E is a better animation, hands down. Better story, better acting, better CGI.

Get an Xbox, they've gone down in price and the DVD playback is great, I get High-def capabilities. Though I do have the "elite" black Xbox, so not sure if it's different than the white one.

=Tired Hiker=
The black one, does it have more features or is it just a look thing?

BackFire
The idea that Wall-E could only appeal to children strikes me as sheer ignorance boarding on idiocy; makes me think that whoever says that hasn't even seen the film or wasn't able to look past it simply being animated and subscribe that the flawed and dumb idea that all animated films that have cute characters are for children and only children. Wall-E is among the darker and more mature animated family films I've seen (particularly the beginning). And it is more touching and powerful than any adult-themed drama I've seen this year.

It has a serious message and critiques that would simply go over a child's head.

Children will like it because it has cute characters and gorgeous visuals. Adults will like it because it has surprisingly dark themes and implications and a powerful love story and a shockingly unique and creative style.

SpaceMonkey
Smart people are cool!

Master Crimzon
Originally posted by BackFire
The idea that Wall-E could only appeal to children strikes me as sheer ignorance boarding on idiocy; makes me think that whoever says that hasn't even seen the film or wasn't able to look past it simply being animated and subscribe that the flawed and dumb idea that all animated films that have cute characters are for children and only children. Wall-E is among the darker and more mature animated family films I've seen (particularly the beginning). And it is more touching and powerful than any adult-themed drama I've seen this year.

It has a serious message and critiques that would simply go over a child's head.

Children will like it because it has cute characters and gorgeous visuals. Adults will like it because it has surprisingly dark themes and implications and a powerful love story and a shockingly unique and creative style.

Very nicely put. I do believe it has its flaws, though- like the overextended ending and Wall-e's numerous 'deaths'.

Robtard
The black one, does it have more features or is it just a look thing?

Comes with a 120gig hardrive, it's supposed to have better cooling and it's black.

Impediment
Anyway, I was hoping the dvd player was broken, because that would give me a great excuse to finally buy a Blu-ray player, or an Xbox. You see, my wife will not allow me to purchase either of those since money is tight, got a baby on the way and such, so I was bummed it was a problem with the disc, not the player.

Buy a PS3 instead. It comes with a Blu-Ray drive, and you also get the greatness that is the PS3. Xbox 360 doesn't support Blu-Ray. Microsoft supported HD-DVD during the "Format Wars" and lost to Sony's alliance with Blu-Ray.

Bardock42
On the whole the X-Box is pretty much better. If you absolutely want a Blu Ray player for some reason, I guess the PS3 can be considered though.

=Tired Hiker=
Wait wait wait wait wait . . . . . . I thought the Xbox DID have Blu-ray. Does it not?? And I thought you'd be able to stream movies in HD from it as well. confused

jaden101
you can download HD movies from xbox live but the white xbox has component and not HDMI so HD isn't as good from component

and no...xbox went with the epic failness that is HD-DVD so had to scrap that after blu-ray won the hi-def race...and thus are waiting for a blu-ray add on box for the xbox (providing sony don't try and block it given they have a big say in what happens with blu-ray technology as they were one of the founding companies...although it's likely they will allow it as it would also mean more profit for them)

Robtard
How much better is Blu-Ray over HD-DVD? Because my movies look great on my TV with the HDMI output, have a nice crisp picture.

MildPossession
There is no difference as far as I know for the quality between the two, just blu ray can hold extra stuff on the disc I believe, but the quality is the same last time I asked.

Oooooooo got my WALL.E dvd today, in special eco packaging... yay.

Master Crimzon
I downloaded it like the pirate I am.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Impediment
Buy a PS3 instead. It comes with a Blu-Ray drive, and you also get the greatness that is the PS3. Xbox 360 doesn't support Blu-Ray. Microsoft supported HD-DVD during the "Format Wars" and lost to Sony's alliance with Blu-Ray.

Thanks Imp, for the knowledge, I've been researching the PS3 now all morning.Originally posted by jaden101
you can download HD movies from xbox live but the white xbox has component and not HDMI so HD isn't as good from component

and no...xbox went with the epic failness that is HD-DVD so had to scrap that after blu-ray won the hi-def race...and thus are waiting for a blu-ray add on box for the xbox (providing sony don't try and block it given they have a big say in what happens with blu-ray technology as they were one of the founding companies...although it's likely they will allow it as it would also mean more profit for them)

Hmm, so now I need to decide if I should just download movies or rent them. Decisions decisions.

Originally posted by Robtard
How much better is Blu-Ray over HD-DVD? Because my movies look great on my TV with the HDMI output, have a nice crisp picture.

For DVDs, right? But you wouldn't be able to play Blu-ray discs? confused

Originally posted by MildPossession
There is no difference as far as I know for the quality between the two, just blu ray can hold extra stuff on the disc I believe, but the quality is the same last time I asked.

Oooooooo got my WALL.E dvd today, in special eco packaging... yay.

Yeah, but is it hypoallergenic? confused

=Tired Hiker=
Anyway, so I should be getting Wall-E in the mail today, so I'll probably watch it Wednesday night since I'll finally have some alone time.

Robtard

For DVDs, right? But you wouldn't be able to play Blu-ray discs? confused

Yeah, the black Xbox has the HDMI output (guess the white-box doesn't?), which gives me an excellent picture on my Hi-Def TV when watching DVDs, can't play the Blu-Ray though.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Robtard
Yeah, the black Xbox has the HDMI output (guess the white-box doesn't?), which gives me an excellent picture on my Hi-Def TV when watching DVDs, can't play the Blu-Ray though.

Do you ever download movies? If so, are they in HD and is the quality good?

jaden101

you can download HD movies from xbox live yes...and the quality is good...takes a while though...although on the white xbox you'd have to use component video cables (analogue) and on the black xbox elite you get HDMI

although your tv has to be compatible...some cheaper HD tv's are only component and dont have an HDMI port

Robtard

I haven't, but since they're HD, I'd imagine they would look as good as the other HD movies I watch. (Basically what Jaden said)

Before you buy either an Xbox or PS3, make sure your TV has at least one HDMI input. IMO, Hi-Def isn't worth it unless your going through an HDMI port.

EDIT: The black Xbox comes with a HDMI cable, which would cost you an average of $60 if you had to buy it separate, just an FYI.

=Tired Hiker=
Good info. Thanks guys!

scott349
I think you gusy are talking about the wrong thing

The question was if Kung Fu Panda was better than Wall-E or not.
But I think you have taken the discussion to another direction.

Please be on track.

and I think Wall-E is much better than kung fu panda.

Impediment
Thank you very much, Mr. Moderator.

Wil7
Both were good, but I liked Wall-E alittle more.

Joshua1277
Kiung Fu Panda owns Wal-E Wall-E has 1 funny bit and barly any action I watched it and went Meh Kung Fu Pandas Better. Kung Fu Panda is funny and more action so go Kung Fu Panda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.