Superman vs 4 Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
They took him down by surprise in JLA/Avengers, but can the most recent versions of these Avengers take down Supes in a strait up fight...

Hercules
the Vision
Wonder Man
Ironman

vs

Standard Supes

Everyone fights in character on the Blue Area of the Moon.

Who takes it?

Zack Fair
Depends on how Supes plays his speed triumph card.

Enyalus
I think Supes would end up with a split here, 5/10. Each fight could go either way, in my opinion.

Bouboumaster
Sups goes down. So The Vision and Iron Man too.

UKR
Hercules alone could take Superman. This is a stomp. Even Wonder Man would be trouble for Kal-El (Avengers/JLA was a huge crock of bullshit).

tkitna
Originally posted by UKR
Hercules alone could take Superman.

I dont agree with this.

Nor this.

I do agree with this.

I've never agreed with something more so than I do with this comment.

TheBadguy
Why would Wonderman give him trouble? Wonderman was always a douche to me so I don't know that much about him.

Bentley
Also, Wonderman recently got pummeled by Herc. If anyone can give Supes problems it would be Hercules.

Quincy Jones
A vulgar superman would begin by saying: "ironman's head is going up vision's ***, vision's head is going up wonder man's ***, wonderman's head is going up hercules' ***, and since hercules' fanboys believes in something as mythical as him being able to beat me, his head is going up my ***!!!"

Please... the avengers couldnt even beat ultron. How the hell are they going to stand a chance against the man of steel?

Raoul
Originally posted by darthgoober
They took him down by surprise in JLA/Avengers, but can the most recent versions of these Avengers take down Supes in a strait up fight...

Hercules
the Vision
Wonder Man
Ironman

vs

Standard Supes

Everyone fights in character on the Blue Area of the Moon.

Who takes it?

90% of the fight is superman trying to talk the avengers down...

10% is him kicking the living shit out of them, and then winning more than not...

imo...

The Pict
Originally posted by Raoul

10% is him kicking the living shit out of them, and then winning more than not...

imo...

Can't disagree thumb up

tkitna
Originally posted by Quincy Jones
Please... the avengers couldnt even beat ultron. How the hell are they going to stand a chance against the man of steel?

Are you talking about the Ultron that was smacking around Wonder Man, Ares, Ms. Marvel and fought Sentry for 4 issues? If so, dont use that as a low feat. Superman isnt going to just waltz over that version either. He'd have to work for it.

As for Wonder Man giving Clark a hard time, I meant that it would in no way be some one shot business in Supermans favor. Simon would hang for a little while.

Zack Fair
Hercules giving Superman a hard fight is stupid. He is just a brick. He gets BFRed while Superman handles Hercules' teammates who have more versatility(though IMO are not as versatile as Supes) and lower strength.

IMO the only 1 having a shot at annoying an all out blitzing Supes would be Visionand that is because he becomes intangible while he watches in horror how Supes massacres his friends. After Supes is done with them Vision BFRs himself.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by The Pict
Can't disagree thumb up yeah, that might go against the dc payola.. stick out tongue

anyway, superman wins eventually, he would have to put effort into it since since he's running on 0 direct sunlight(blue area of the moon).

herculese and wonder man are the closest physical threats to superman, but herc can't fly so a simple punch could send him into orbit. tony would need prep to contend with superman and since he lacks it here, thats another one down. wonderman would get beaten eventually and the vision's intangibility would only delay the inevitable.

Galan007
Superman.

Juntai

imo...

psycho gundam
superman won't be losing

Avlon

imo...

Flawless victory!

iceman24567
Originally posted by UKR
Hercules alone could take Superman. This is a stomp. Even Wonder Man would be trouble for Kal-El (Avengers/JLA was a huge crock of bullshit). Wrong so wrong. Superman takes a majority here Herc can bfred the rest drop like flies after a very hard battle.

Harbinger

imo... What this guy said.

Eel O'Brien

imo...

I'm convinced...

complexbrother
I think we are all severly under estimating the Vision. Avengers win.

tkitna
Originally posted by complexbrother
I think we are all severly under estimating the Vision. Avengers win.

How? Why is the Vision their trump card here? What can he do to put Superman down? Characters have withstood the Vision becoming tangible within them and thats his best bet.

Superman wins.

complexbrother
I just remember Vision going crazy (maby it was a alternit version of him) and defeating the avengers untill Sersi had to transmute him to stop him. (I belive the Avengers lineup were Hercules, Iron Man, Wonder Man, Wasp, Captain America, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and Swordsman)

Galan007
Originally posted by complexbrother
I just remember Vision going crazy (maby it was a alternit version of him) and defeating the avengers untill Sersi had to transmute him to stop him. (I belive the Avengers lineup were Hercules, Iron Man, Wonder Man, Wasp, Captain America, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and Swordsman) Originally posted by darthgoober
Everyone fights in character What you described is pretty much the opposite of that.

tdazz
laughing

tsscls
Originally posted by Juntai

Yep!

UKR
Originally posted by tkitna
I dont agree with this.

Nor this.

I do agree with this.

I've never agreed with something more so than I do with this comment.

Thank you. That wasn't a crossover, it was a "kiss DC's ass" fest. It was grossly biased and not just because Superman beat Thor, not to mention that everything about that fight was ridiculous. If anything, Superman KO'ing Wonder Man in one punch was more ridiculous. WM is a guy who has beaten Thor, a whole bunch of Avengers put together, and done pretty danged well against many of Marvel's mightiest. He's had his fists compared to Thor's hammer and unlike Superman catching Mjolnir with his hand it's not ridiculous, especially given that Superman only won because he's DC's flagship character. Superman being more popular doesn't mean he's guaranteed to beat WM, let alone with only one punch.

Zack Fair
Superman can become intangible too you know.

tkitna
Originally posted by UKR
Thank you. That wasn't a crossover, it was a "kiss DC's ass" fest.

Thats for sure. Every DC fanboy though will quickly point out that the writers of that said crossover determined its canon. The same writers that failed miserably with the story to begin with.

"They just seem like they have to try harder",,,,give me a freaking break.

Quincy Jones
Intangible or not, superman still has the upper hand. Since he is much more durable than vision, the vision wont be able to kill him by becoming tangible with his hand in supes' chest or something. Iron man simply doesnt have the sheer physical capacity to cause a threat to superman. And i thought herc had only 100ton strength? Thats not nearly enough to make superman break a sweat. And wonderman, well judging from what ive seen he's just not as powerful as big blue.

Superman wins with a casual stride...

UKR
Originally posted by Quincy Jones
Intangible or not, superman still has the upper hand. Since he is much more durable than vision, the vision wont be able to kill him by becoming tangible with his hand in supes' chest or something. Iron man simply doesnt have the sheer physical capacity to cause a threat to superman. And i thought herc had only 100ton strength? Thats not nearly enough to make superman break a sweat. And wonderman, well judging from what ive seen he's just not as powerful as big blue.

Superman wins with a casual stride...

Wonder Man would give Superman a hard time. You don't even know what you're talking about. In Marvel "100 ton" strength means over 100 tons with no discernible upper limit. This is the same Hercules who held the weight of the Earth on his back. Superman being more durable than Vision's base level doesn't mean anything, the Vision was able to use intangibility against the Juggernaut. Iron Man at one point or another has bested a great many of Marvel's strongest. In one case even the Silver Surfer. This is a stomp and not in Superman's favor.

As for that bogus crossover, Marvel heroes are the only ones who have to try hard at all. DC heroes live in a universe where they're worshiped as gods and have everything handed to them on a silver platter. Marvel villains are competent, powerful and dangerous. Marvel heroes are not loved, they have everything set against them. They don't come out smelling like roses. People die sometimes, and even if the Avengers save the universe, public opinion will always be against them. Marvel heroes have it much worse and have to try much harder. They have to fight dangerous villains (instead of the Jackass, Dorkseid, Dorksday, Doctor Magneto Ripoff, etc) and have fewer high-powered heroes to do it with. Marvel heroes must fight Doctor Doom, a godlike criminal mastermind who can take over the world casually and at will. DC heroes fight Lex Luthor, who couldn't even conquer one country; he had to be elected president. The very same Luthor who can't kill Superman, while ol' Vic could undoubtedly find a way to kill a respectable Galactus.

Give DC heroes Marvel heroes' powers and levels, send them up against Thanos and Mephisto, and then let's hear them talk tough.

Quincy Jones
Originally posted by UKR
Wonder Man would give Superman a hard time. You don't even know what you're talking about. In Marvel "100 ton" strength means over 100 tons with no discernible upper limit. This is the same Hercules who held the weight of the Earth on his back. Superman being more durable than Vision's base level doesn't mean anything, the Vision was able to use intangibility against the Juggernaut. Iron Man at one point or another has bested a great many of Marvel's strongest. In one case even the Silver Surfer. This is a stomp and not in Superman's favor.

As for that bogus crossover, Marvel heroes are the only ones who have to try hard at all. DC heroes live in a universe where they're worshiped as gods and have everything handed to them on a silver platter. Marvel villains are competent, powerful and dangerous. Marvel heroes are not loved, they have everything set against them. They don't come out smelling like roses. People die sometimes, and even if the Avengers save the universe, public opinion will always be against them. Marvel heroes have it much worse and have to try much harder. They have to fight dangerous villains (instead of the Jackass, Dorkseid, Dorksday, Doctor Magneto Ripoff, etc) and have fewer high-powered heroes to do it with. Marvel heroes must fight Doctor Doom, a godlike criminal mastermind who can take over the world casually and at will. DC heroes fight Lex Luthor, who couldn't even conquer one country; he had to be elected president. The very same Luthor who can't kill Superman, while ol' Vic could undoubtedly find a way to kill a respectable Galactus.

Give DC heroes Marvel heroes' powers and levels, send them up against Thanos and Mephisto, and then let's hear them talk tough.

I sympathise with you. I really do. I really like some of the marvel characters, such as the hulk. Its just the story writing that sucks.

The main thing I like about the dc characters is the maturity. Look at batman, for example. He's just a man, yet he talks to superman like an elder brother giving good advice. Plus, its not so much about having powerful villains up against you, its more of the criminal-minded intent behind their motives. The gotham rogues gallery may not be the most powerful lot of villains in comic, but they more than make for it in their determination to commit evil deeds and just enjoy watching people die.

I really hated the world war hulk story when i read how all that crashing and smashing was the result of some stupid little insect giving hulk some misguiding information.

And its not just the comics, anyone who watches the justice league cartoons knows what good story-telling is all about. Compare that with the avengers cartoon, which i find has more of a simpleton-type story.

Also, theres the origins of the marvel villains that i find annoying. Most of them are basically CEOs who get kicked off the board of directors and then end up turning bad in an act of revenge.

And the worst aspect of the marvel heroes (onegood example is spiderman) is the way they complain about not having a normal life. It just brings to mind the episode of the justice league where batman tells superman, after superman has decided he doesnt care if apokalips gets annihilated, to "get over it".

So believe me when I say that i really want to like the marvel characters, its just that they have lousy writers.

lawest9
Originally posted by Bentley
Also, Wonderman recently got pummeled by Herc. If anyone can give Supes problems it would be Hercules. I agree, and i think even herc's chances would be questionable, also it should be pointed out that supes was weakened and exhausted from a brutal battle with THOR so those 5 avengers didn't take down a fresh superman.

The Great Galen
Superman has the speed,strenght,durability and offensive output to oneshot some of the dudes here IMO. In a forum fight with everyone fighting at there best, supes takes it handily IMO.

Zack Fair
That Supergirl sig is made of WIN!

BTW Where do you find all those cosplays?

godking
Originally posted by UKR

Give DC heroes Marvel heroes' powers and levels, send them up against Thanos and Mephisto, and then let's hear them talk tough. Cut the crapA superman fighting even halfassed wins this fairly easily against this line up. The ony chance this line up has is if Superman decides not to use his power s and just brawls with them.

And i am a bigger Marvel fan then a
DC fan.

Soljer

imo...

Truer words were never spoken.

xJLxKing
Superman can kill most of them with one punch to the Gut!

Kasper Gutman
In response to the Herc trashing of Wonderman recently. Herc in my opinion seems almost unbeatable when he gets poisoned or whatnot. Soon as he starts reliving his past look out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.