Wolverine with Superman's Strength, Durability, and Speed runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Wolverine still has all his own powers (healing factor, claws) and attributes (adamantium skeleton, fighting skills).

He does not get Superman's weaknesses (kryptonite, red sun, magic).

Gauntlet:

1. WWHulk
2. Wonder Woman
3. Black Adam
4. Thor
5. Silver Surfer
6. Thanos
7. Superboy Prime
8. H/P Doomsday

Stipulations: No matter or energy manipulation.

Note: Wolverine gets to get completely acclimated to his upgrades.

occultdestroyer
Which version of Superman?

Raoul
Originally posted by Starscream M
Wolverine still has all his own powers (healing factor, claws) and attributes (adamantium skeleton, fighting skills).

Gauntlet:

1. WWHulk
2. Wonder Woman
3. Black Adam
4. Thor
5. Silver Surfer
6. Thanos

does he have time to get used to using superman's powers?

Starscream M
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Which version of Superman? current

Starscream M
Originally posted by Raoul
does he have time to get used to using superman's powers? yes, he gets to get completely acclimated with his upgrades

Raoul
yes, he gets to get completely acclimated with his upgrades

hmm... need to think about this one...

i was thinking thor could take him, but with those claws being exerted with that much force, i dunno...

Starscream M

i was thinking thor could take him, but with those claws being exerted with that much force, i dunno... I actually see Thor having alot of trouble dealing with Logan's speed

Logan's already a very agile and nimble character...add Superman's speed and he's deadly

plus Thor (and everyone else) would have a hard time injuring Super Wolverine...he has Superman's durability plus his own insane HF

Lord Feron
Seeing how Wolverine is a complete badass, will kill without worries, and just a monster in combat, never knows when to quit, and knows how to take a beating like almost no other. With Supes powers and complete mastery over it. I might even say he clears it all. Maybe not Thanos because he is clever bastard with the stats to boot.

Harbinger
Gets to Thor or Surfer, IMO; tempted to say Thor stops him.

ultimatethor
Doesnt get past surfer(If he manages to get past thor)

starlock
Gets to HP Doomsday...and kills him once...so he clears it i.m.o

AlmightyKfish
Falls at Surfer if he gets past Thor.

Thing is, at the level these guys fight, Wolverine's HF wouldn't mean much. Not when they can destroy planets with their power.

Juntai
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

Thing is, at the level these guys fight, Wolverine's HF wouldn't mean much. Not when they can destroy planets with their power. Which is a maybe a bruise to Superman's durability, which just heals.

Starscream M
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

Thing is, at the level these guys fight, Wolverine's HF wouldn't mean much. Not when they can destroy planets with their power. Wolverine's HF is a big deal when it's coupled with Superman's durability

and Logan's HF is nothing to sneeze at in and of itself

plus, with his adamantium skeleton, Superman's durability and his HF, Logan is in my estimate by far the most durable out of anyone in his gauntlet

he's basically the only one who cannot break a limb

occultdestroyer
Stops at 8

spetznaz
This is hilarious.

It is not Wolverine with Superman's powers ....it is Superman with Adamantium claws.

I have always found it quite interesting when one character is jacked up with the abilities of another character that is by far superior in every way, and then posited for the forum to discuss.

It would be like starting a thread discussing Aunt May in her Sunday dress, with the powers of Thanos!

That is actually Thanos wearing Aunt May's dress.

The only time power-mixing can make sense is when the characters are analogous (e.g. what if Superman was added upon the powers of Shazam that make Captain Marvel ....that delivers an interesting blend, and has actually even been explored in comics before).

Giving Spiderman the powers of Silversurfer, Wolverine the powers of Superman, or Aunt May the powers of Thanos only leaves a Surfer with cobwebs for armpits, a Kryptonian with ginsu knives on his hands and a love of cheap cigars and young Asian women, and a Thanos who is wearing old smelly granny clothes!

This thread is basically asking if Superman can slash those other characters with Adamantium claws. It has nothing to do with Logan, since all his attributes are USELESS when compared to those of the person he is 'taking over.' His healing factor is not an issue here (if any of the other characters can by-pass Superman's invulnerability and bio-electric field, then Wolvie is jacked anyways), and Wolverine has a berserker rage that is legendary but that's not a factor either since all KMC characters are taken to be blood-raged (and a blood-fueled Kryptonian is a beast).

Anyways, I just find threads that have 'sub-par character X' with the powers of 'near-herald/herald/high-herald character Y' to be quite skewed.

After all, what do you think of a 2009 Ford Mustang, with the engine of a Space Shuttle, the wings of a Space Shuttle, the size and shape of a Space Shuttle, the electronics of a Space Shuttle, the fuel of a Space Shuttle, looking like a Space Shuttle, and with the crew of a Space Shuttle.

Hmmm ...maybe it is not longer a Ford Mustang.

However, a 2009 Ford Mustang with the engine of a Mercedes SL AMG Black Label is a whole different story!

psycho gundam
uummm not really. he lacks kal-el's mind, thats like saying batman's body is all you need to BE batman, batman as an old man in batman beyond still kicked ass since his mind was still coherent.

i doubt logan would use heat vision and all that other shit.

Juntai
Originally posted by spetznaz
This is hilarious.

It is not Wolverine with Superman's powers ....it is Superman with Adamantium claws.

I have always found it quite interesting when one character is jacked up with the abilities of another character that is by far superior in every way, and then posited for the forum to discuss.

It would be like starting a thread discussing Aunt May in her Sunday dress, with the powers of Thanos!

The only time power-mixing can make sense is when the characters are analogous (e.g. what if Superman was added upon the powers of Shazam that make Captain Marvel ....that delivers an interesting blend, and has actually even been explored in comics before).

Giving Spiderman the powers of Silversurfer, Wolverine the powers of Superman, or Aunt May the powers of Thanos only leaves a Surfer with cobwebs for armpits, a Kryptonian with ginsu knives on his hands and a love of cheap cigars and young Asian women, and a Thanos who is wearing old smelly granny clothes!

This thread is basically asking if Superman can slash those other characters with Adamantium claws. It has nothing to do with Logan, since all his attributes are USELESS when compared to those of the person he is 'taking over.' His healing factor is not an issue here (if any of the other characters can by-pass Superman's invulnerability and bio-electric field, then Wolvie is jacked anyways), and Wolverine has a berserker rage that is legendary but that's not a factor either since all KMC characters are taken to be blood-raged (and a blood-fueled Kryptonian is a beast).

Anyways, I just find threads that have 'sub-par character X' with the powers of 'near-herald/herald/high-herald character Y' to be quite skewed.

After all, what do you think of a 2009 Ford Mustang, with the engine of a Space Shuttle, the wings of a Space Shuttle, the size and shape of a Space Shuttle, the electronics of a Space Shuttle, the fuel of a Space Shuttle, looking like a Space Shuttle, and with the crew of a Space Shuttle.

However, a 2009 Ford Mustang with the engine of a Mercedes SL AMG Black Label is a whole different story! He doesn't have ALL of Superman's powerset though, just a few of the primary. And none of the weaknesses.

The point of the healing factor seems to be, that if you can get through Superman's invulnerability and give him a scratch or a bruise, he's back to optimum instantly, or at least that's how I took it. Most of these characters won't be able to put him down the count.

Starscream M
This is hilarious.

However, a 2009 Ford Mustang with the engine of a Mercedes SL AMG Black Label is a whole different story! Wrong Wrong Wrong...you don't know what you're babbling about

this is not superman with claws

1) he can't fly
2) no heat vision or freeze breath
3) none of superman's weaknesses

I basically gave Logan super strength, durability and speed...and used superman as the measuring stick

also, Logan's HF still plays a HUGE role

unless someone kills or KOs logan with one hit...his HF pretty much makes him unbeatable

also he is the most deadly as he can actually decapitate or cut off limbs...with Superman's strength and speed

finally, Logan is far more skilled fighter than Superman and doesn't fight like a regular CL100

BlackZero30x

i was thinking thor could take him, but with those claws being exerted with that much force, i dunno...

agree'ed....although i dont think that even at that force they would pirce BA

spetznaz
Wrong Wrong Wrong...you don't know what you're babbling about

this is not superman with claws

1) he can't fly
2) no heat vision or freeze breath
3) none of superman's weaknesses

I basically gave Logan super strength, durability and speed...and used superman as the measuring stick

also, Logan's HF still plays a HUGE role

unless someone kills or KOs logan with one hit...his HF pretty much makes him unbeatable

also he is the most deadly as he can actually decapitate or cut off limbs...with Superman's strength and speed

finally, Logan is far more skilled fighter than Superman and doesn't fight like a regular CL100

It really doesn't matter ...the main point still remains the same.

It is a stupid thread, whereby you take one character, and either amp him/her/it (like you did in this case), or take away their power/attributes (e.g. like other threads that strip away powers from a character), and then have that character face off against others.

Wolverine with Superman's strength and speed is not Wolverine, and one cannot say 'Wolverine wins.

Same thing ...the so called thread that had 'Pineapple Thing vs Superman with Superman's hands tied behind his back with Adamantium' is not a legit thread. It simply shows lack of imagination.

Amalgamation of characters is great, but when they are not analogous it is just plain stupid. It just becomes another weak method of trying to amp sub-par (in that specific situation) characters to face off against characters way above their pay-grade.

Hewhoknowsall
This is hilarious.

... only leaves a Surfer with cobwebs for armpits, a Kryptonian with ginsu knives on his hands and a love of cheap cigars and young Asian women, and a Thanos who is wearing old smelly granny clothes!

Dude, stop being racist.

And like everybody else said, Wolverine doesn't have Superman's HV or anything else, and also doesn't have his weaknesses. And the HF plays a big role.

Raoul
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Dude, stop being racist.

And like everybody else said, Wolverine doesn't have Superman's HV or anything else, and also doesn't have his weaknesses. And the HF plays a big role.

sorry, but where is the racism?

Zack Fair
I fail to see the racism. But then again he thinks its a sin to call a black person black person.

Starscream M
sorry, but where is the racism? he tried to imply that Logan likes young asian women

Raoul
he tried to imply that Logan likes young asian women

doesnt he? even in a platonic sense?

Starscream M
doesnt he? even in a platonic sense? I know Logan liked 'a' asian woman...but I don't recall any specific attractions to asian women in general for him

he's liked jean (white) and storm (black) too

so I don't think his comment was racist, just wrong

Raoul
I know Logan liked 'a' asian woman...but I don't recall any specific attractions to asian women in general for him

he's liked jean (white) and storm (black) too

so I don't think his comment was racist, just wrong

jubilee, mariko (sp?), armour... erm

Starscream M
jubilee, mariko (sp?), armour... erm jubilee was not a lover of logan's and I have no idea who armour is (got a link for her?)

Raoul
jubilee was not a lover of logan's and I have no idea who armour is (got a link for her?)

i said 'platonically'

and sure: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armor_(comics)

Starscream M
i said 'platonically'
well I don't think Spetnaz meant platonic love when he said logan has a love of young asian women

Raoul
well I don't think Spetnaz meant platonic love when he said logan has a love of young asian women

lol, maybe... though he does surround himself with them...

srankmissingnin
Relatively speaking, every chick Wolverine's been with is young, considering the Canuck is in his 120-130s. big grin

Mighty Saxon
yuea logan clears it he has a tough time with all of them specially Hulk, and 5-8, prolly thor two he destroys WW and BA

Raoul
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Relatively speaking, every chick Wolverine's been with is young, considering the Canuck is in his 120-130s. big grin

do you think he tries to convince himself of that too? stick out tongue

Enyalus
Thor, Surfer, Thanos, and Prime can all BFR him.

Though Thanos, Prime, and DD wouldn't need to in order to beat him.

Stoic
The list is a bit messed up WWHulk should be higher up on the list, all the same Wolverine under these conditions woul tear anyone on the list to pieces at super speed.

Sasaraixx
I was going to say Surfer stops him until I read that you didn't also give him flight. He'll be lucky to get past WW and he definitely won't beat Thor.

Stoic
Wolverine in a berserker fury without all of these extra's can outfight just about anyone. With them no one would be able to stop him from taking their limbs... flight is over rated, when you can move this fast.

Endrict Nuul
jubilee, mariko (sp?), armour... erm

Well, Logan did spend a lot of time in Japan and it shows. Who cares really? A lot of people go to China, Japan and Hong Kong. They meet lots of Asian/Chinese chicks and maybe ending up getting married. Why is Logan so different?

Raoul
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Well, Logan did spend a lot of time in Japan and it shows. Who cares really? A lot of people go to China, Japan and Hong Kong. They meet lots of Asian/Chinese chicks and maybe ending up getting married. Why is Logan so different?

i didn't say he was...

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by Stoic
Wolverine in a berserker fury without all of these extra's can outfight just about anyone. With them no one would be able to stop him from taking their limbs... flight is over rated, when you can move this fast.

It's not overrated when you're fighting against people that are as fast or almost as fast as you and they can fly but you can't.

And I am not willing to bet that Logan can outfight Diana or Thor who have so much more experience than him. Add in the ability to take to the sky if needed to buy them some time to conjur or lasso and it's that much more difficult.

I stand by what I said before. He might beat Diana. He could get past BA, but he's NOT beating Thor.

kgkg
This is like a downgraded Superman no expression

Red Hulk
Epic fail

Knowsbleed33
I shoulda saved my face/palm colage for this.

The Great Galen
Gets to Thanos, but he wont be able to beat SMP.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I fail to see the racism. But then again he thinks its a sin to call a black person black person.

He was making a bunch of results that were bad, and one of them was liking asain woman, like as if that is bad.

Space M ummy
OP forgot to say "NO BFR" so he stops at Thor.

Thor would either throw him into orbit (no flight, so no way out of that) or teleport him into the middle of a sun or black hole somewhere for the win.

edit: even if we ignore BFR, without flight he's totally boned against Thor or Surfer. either can simply rain down planet busting shots from above until he's dust.

double edit: we could even have lots of fun by suggesting that Surfer shrinks himself down to microscopic size, enters his body, and ruins him from the inside cell by cell.

This particular version of wolverine is horribly, horribly outclassed.

Nihilist

Gauntlet:

1. WWHulk
2. Wonder Woman
3. Black Adam
4. Thor
5. Silver Surfer
6. Thanos
7. Superboy Prime
8. H/P Doomsday

Stipulations: No matter or energy manipulation.

Note: Wolverine gets to get completely acclimated to his upgrades.

facepalm

MightyEInherjar
Stops at the Surfer.

tjcoady
It really doesn't matter ...the main point still remains the same.

It is a stupid thread, whereby you take one character, and either amp him/her/it (like you did in this case), or take away their power/attributes (e.g. like other threads that strip away powers from a character), and then have that character face off against others.

Wolverine with Superman's strength and speed is not Wolverine, and one cannot say 'Wolverine wins.

Same thing ...the so called thread that had 'Pineapple Thing vs Superman with Superman's hands tied behind his back with Adamantium' is not a legit thread. It simply shows lack of imagination.

Amalgamation of characters is great, but when they are not analogous it is just plain stupid. It just becomes another weak method of trying to amp sub-par (in that specific situation) characters to face off against characters way above their pay-grade.

I would disagree.

Look at it this way- not Wolverine with Superman's powers, but instead say, Superman with Wolverine's combat skills.

Superman generally just punches people. Every once and a while he demonstrates some other form of physical attack (like... A TWO HANDED PUNCH!), but for the most part, he kind of relies on his speed and strength and his knowledge of his powers- I mean, you rarely see him trying to apply choke holds or such when he dukes it out with someone on his strength level like Captain Marvel or Black Adam. They usually just punch each other, and every once and a while Supes whips out the heat vision.

So a better way of phrasing the thread may have been "how far on this gauntlet does Superman with Wolverine's martial arts skills, claws, and healing factor go." Same idea, just makes more sense that way.

Placidity
Why does he stop at the Surfer?

Remember theres no Energy or Matter manip powers allowed.

zeel
Id love to see him against BA this would be a excellent fight, and a huge challenge for BA.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.