This is a real shame

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quincy
A woman, her husband, and their teenage daughter played a cruel trick on myspace that lead to a suicide. I saw this on my aim mail.

Woman Goes on Trial in MySpace Hoax
By GREG RISLING
AP
posted: 4 HOURS 50 MINUTES AGO
LOS ANGELES (Nov. 19) - A Missouri woman, her teenage daughter and an employee used an elaborate Internet ruse to terrorize a 13-year-old neighbor girl who later committed suicide, a federal prosecutor said Wednesday.
U.S. Attorney Thomas O'Brien told jurors during his opening statement that Lori Drew helped create a false identity on the social networking site MySpace. Posing online as a teenage boy, Drew befriended Megan Meier, he said.

The evidence will show that Drew opened the MySpace account and "fully intended to hurt and prey on Megan's psyche," O'Brien told jurors. Drew is accused of harassing Megan with cruel messages that ultimately led her to take her life in 2006.
Prosecutors characterize the case as the nation's first cyber-bullying case, and the results from it could set legal precedents regarding online harassment.

Your thoughts?

http://news.aol.com/article/woman-goes-on-trial-in-myspace-hoax/254725

Mairuzu
If that made her kill herself, it was bound to happen sooner or later

The Grey Fox
Personally, I don't really care. But that's just me.

Mairuzu
What exactly was going on in the messages

Quincy
The way the article described it, I think they pretended to be some dude, and got her to like them. and then like, trashed on her and broke it off.

Mairuzu
What kind of grown lady would do that in the first place...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Quincy
A woman, her husband, and their teenage daughter played a cruel trick on myspace that lead to a suicide. I saw this on my aim mail.

By GREG RISLING
AP
LOS ANGELES (Nov. 19) - A Missouri woman, her teenage daughter and an employee used an elaborate Internet ruse to terrorize a 13-year-old neighbor girl who later committed suicide, a federal prosecutor said Wednesday.
U.S. Attorney Thomas O'Brien told jurors during his opening statement that Lori Drew helped create a false identity on the social networking site MySpace. Posing online as a teenage boy, Drew befriended Megan Meier, he said.

The evidence will show that Drew opened the MySpace account and "fully intended to hurt and prey on Megan's psyche," O'Brien told jurors. Drew is accused of harassing Megan with cruel messages that ultimately led her to take her life in 2006.
Prosecutors characterize the case as the nation's first cyber-bullying case, and the results from it could set legal precedents regarding online harassment.

Your thoughts?

That person could have had personal problems..

=Tired Hiker=
This is like totally old news, dudes.

Röland
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
This is like totally old news, dudes.
What TH said.

Sad and disgusting story, but old.

Peach
Yup. Really old news, and really sad as well, as it was documented that the girl already had issues with depression.

Lord Knightfa11
heard about it already. wrote a college paper on it.

Da Swappman
LOOOOLL wta a fuker, y woud u comite cuicine over an intrenets prank!?!?!?! big grin

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Quincy

By GREG RISLING
AP

Your thoughts?

Just curious, why post an issue/topic that was almost 4 years ago?

Peach
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean

It happened about two years ago, not four, and the woman just went on trial.

Quincy
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean

I must be retarded.

Cpt. Valerian
Nah. Just distracted.

Kosta
A couple of nights ago there was a member on Bodybuilding.com that threatened to commit suicide. A few of the members, thinking he was attention seeking actually egged him on to do it. He set up a live web cam feed via some other site and did it live. Took some pills, a while later he lay down, an hour or so after that he stopped breathing. The mods of the forum tracked down his location and informed the police. The last bit of the footage is a cop busting down his door, and getting getting a medic to check his pulse to make sure he was dead before seeing the web cam and switching if off. Pretty f*cked up sh*t. I go on that forum sometimes for training and supplement advice.

Peach
Originally posted by Kosta
A couple of nights ago there was a member on Bodybuilding.com that threatened to commit suicide. A few of the members, thinking he was attention seeking actually egged him on to do it. He set up a live web cam feed via some other site and did it live. Took some pills, a while later he lay down, an hour or so after that he stopped breathing. The mods of the forum tracked down his location and informed the police. The last bit of the footage is a cop busting down his door, and getting getting a medic to check his pulse to make sure he was dead before seeing the web cam and switching if off. Pretty f*cked up sh*t. I go on that forum sometimes for training and supplement advice.

My brother was telling me about that, he heard about it on another forum he goes on. Apparently /b/-tards have already gotten a hold of it ermm erm

Kosta
Originally posted by Peach
My brother was telling me about that, he heard about it on another forum he goes on. Apparently /b/-tards have already gotten a hold of it ermm erm

I'm pretty sure /b/tards were largely responsible for all the encouragement. Cancer, is all I have to say.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.