Cyclops vs Omega Red

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
Bloodlusted Cyke. In an open field.

Who wins?

If distance is a factor, how far should it be the distance for one or the other to win.

Priest
Red.

iceman24567
Omega Red should win.

Endrict Nuul
Red

Starscream M
Omega Red wtfpwns Scott.

Harbinger
Arkady, 8/10, with Scott's two wins coming from Summers telling Red to get the hell off his lawn.

Raoul
with any decent distance at all, cyclops can take him imo...

Mindset
Originally posted by Raoul
with any decent distance at all, cyclops can take him imo...

Bentley
Cyke has a lot of power input, I agree that with distance he has a shot -pardon the pun-.

Raoul
Originally posted by Bentley
Cyke has a lot of power input, I agree that with distance he has a shot -pardon the pun-.

i just think that if i can come up with a way to take down omega red, im sure cyclops can do much better...

Starscream M
i just think that if i can come up with a way to take down omega red, im sure cyclops can do much better... you'd be surprised...

Raoul
Originally posted by Starscream M
you'd be surprised...

he's a tactical genius, i'm, well, not as good, lol...

Phantom Zone
How far is the distance? Cyke is going to have to go get off my lawn mode or hes toast.

Starscream M
he's a tactical genius, i'm, well, not as good, lol... nah, he's not even the best tactician on his team...there's at least 2 or 3 guys better than him

he's just the leader cuz he's been brownnosing prof x all these years smile

Raoul
nah, he's not even the best tactician on his team...there's at least 2 or 3 guys better than him

he's just the leader cuz he's been brownnosing prof x all these years smile

pr1983

oh no you didn't...

Starscream M
pr1983

oh no you didn't... I'm sorry...did I misspeak? confused

Raoul
I'm sorry...did I misspeak? confused

imo, cyclops is the best leader, and the best tactical thinker in the x-men... has been for years...

2 or 3?

Starscream M
imo, cyclops is the best leader, and the best tactical thinker in the x-men... has been for years...

2 or 3? haha no surprise you'd think that roll eyes (sarcastic)

but both Logan and Emma are far better tactical thinkers than Scott

Logan's just too much a rebel to be the leader...whereas Scott has Xavier's trust

Raoul
haha no surprise you'd think that roll eyes (sarcastic)

but both Logan and Emma are far better tactical thinkers than Scott

Logan's just too much a rebel to be the leader...whereas Scott has Xavier's trust

logan himself said he'd follow cyclops wherever he lead him.

emma, if she thought she was better, would say so, yet she still defers to him.

almost 40 years of comics. cyclops has proven time and again that he's the best leader/tactician on the team...

and me being a cyclops fan (or not) doesnt change how i feel...

Starscream M
logan himself said he'd follow cyclops wherever he lead him.

emma, if she thought she was better, would say so, yet she still defers to him.

almost 40 years of comics. cyclops has proven time and again that he's the best leader/tactician on the team...

and me being a cyclops fan (or not) doesnt change how i feel...

Logan may follow Cyke, but that in no way means Cyke is necessarily better tactically...Logan understands team dynamics and knows that him supporting Cyke is important for team morale

but Logan has received far more training and been in far more circumstances where his tactical abilities have been honed

---

Emma is a manipulative -itch and would rather play the puppet master behind the scenes where she could get far more accomplished and 'allow' Scott the faux-leadership role. This way Emma gets what she wants and doesn't have to stand the heat for her decisions. Scott's her fall guy.

Raoul
Logan may follow Cyke, but that in no way means Cyke is necessarily better tactically...Logan understands team dynamics and knows that him supporting Cyke is important for team morale

but Logan has received far more training and been in far more circumstances where his tactical abilities have been honed

---

Emma is a manipulative -itch and would rather play the puppet master behind the scenes where she could get far more accomplished and 'allow' Scott the faux-leadership role. This way Emma gets what she wants and doesn't have to stand the heat for her decisions. Scott's her fall guy.

logan still defers to scott. scott makes team decisions, like he did on the breakworld and during messiah complex. if logan had any problems, he would have said so, but he didn't.

training is one thing, but scott is naturally gifted. 'tactical genius' nick fury said so. it's as much god given talent as anything else...

emma loves scott. there's no way in hell she'd use him as a puppet unless she herself was under some kind of persuasuion...

Starscream M

emma loves scott. there's no way in hell she'd use him as a puppet unless she herself was under some kind of persuasuion...

boy you have no experience with women do you...jkstick out tongue

---

scott has a natural talent for kissing ass to authority and being straighter than a ruler...if that qualifies for 'tactical genius' then I guess he is roll eyes (sarcastic)

Raoul
boy you have no experience with women do you...jkstick out tongue

---

scott has a natural talent for kissing ass to authority and being straighter than a ruler...if that qualifies for 'tactical genius' then I guess he is roll eyes (sarcastic)

any woman who loves scott the way emma does would never misuse him like that...

kissing ass? he's the one who threw xavier out of the school...

Starscream M
any woman who loves scott the way emma does would never misuse him like that...

kissing ass? he's the one who threw xavier out of the school... eh...tbh I don't follow xmen so I don't know if Scott has reached an emo stage or not (a la toby maguire in Spiderman 3) but from what I knew of him he always seemed to be the teacher's pet type

Raoul
eh...tbh I don't follow xmen so I don't know if Scott has reached an emo stage or not (a la toby maguire in Spiderman 3) but from what I knew of him he always seemed to be the teacher's pet type

he was picked to be the leader. people say he was teacher's pet, but he was as confident as xavier was in their mission, so they would have agreed on lots of things.

scott is #1 now. no xavier. emma defers to him. logan defers to him. scott is basically responsible for making sure mutants dont die out...

Phantom Zone
eh...tbh I don't follow xmen so I don't know if Scott has reached an emo stage or not (a la toby maguire in Spiderman 3) but from what I knew of him he always seemed to be the teacher's pet type

Thats what Wolverine used to say in order to piss him off but hes not the leader for nothing. Hell when he was leading X-factor there was not Prof X to arse kiss then.

srankmissingnin
Wolverine can't handle the pressure of leading a team because he hates making decisions that will put others in the line of fire. What you end up with is a much more subdued Wolverine who second guesses himself and underperformed across the board. As strange as it sounds, what it comes down to is basically Wolverine lacks the confidence to be an affective team leader... which is the opposite of the vibe he gives off when running solo or fallowing orders. The reason for this is actually being explained rather well by Way (I can't believe I just said that) and Carry in the Origins / Legacy Crossover, Wolverine (and Pro. X for that matter) sees himself first and foremost as a weapon, and a weapon is nothing unless someone is using it. I imagine he is more than capable of being a better leader / tactician that Cyclops, but CIS prevents it from happening. Just another odd character trait to add to the dichotomy that is Wolverine.

In short Cyclops > Wolverine in tactics and leadership
*shrug*

Red wins.

Bentley
In potential Rhino could be a better leader than Cyclops but CIS gets in the way. shifty

batdude123

Then why in the F*CK do you start arguments about which you have no clue? facepalm

Subconsciously, you must want to be wrong all the time...

facepalm

peejayd
* Cyke is no teacher's pet, nor an a$$ kisser... initially, Scott did not want to be the field leader, but Xavier saw what Scott is capable of and chose him...

* Logan might be a good leader but he is no better than Cyke... Cyke's leadership is not on Logan's level... Emma is also a good leader but is still subjected to Cyke proving that Cyke is still the one in charge...

* with decent distance, Cyke wins every single time... factors: speed of optic blast, thought-controlled visor, Cyke's accuracy & spatial awareness... at close range, if Omega Red's death aura does not KO Cyke immediately, i see no problem unleashing an optic blast at point blank range...

Mindset
Originally posted by batdude123
Then why in the F*CK do you start arguments about which you have no clue? facepalm

Subconsciously, you must want to be wrong all the time... laughing out loud

cloud102
Omega Red.

Rhinoceros
l

If Emma was a better tactician, why would she admire his tactical prowess. (Remember when Emma peeked into Scott's mind when they were in the Savage land) Scott's definitely tactically the best member of X-men.

I don't see how he can really lose this match if he has enough distance between him and Red. the death pheromones have a limited range.

Raoul
Originally posted by Rhinoceros
If Emma was a better tactician, why would she admire his tactical prowess. (Remember when Emma peeked into Scott's mind when they were in the Savage land) Scott's definitely tactically the best member of X-men.

exactly.

rotiart
I love cyclops... He >>>3 wolverine in terms if tactical genius... In fact there was a comparison to captain America a while back...

However as far as putting down omega red... A guy who's armor could probably take a fill on blast from cyke... Cyke would have to go all out... And have at least 50 ft so that red can't touch him

psycho gundam
Originally posted by batdude123

Subconsciously, you must want to be wrong all the time... pwnt

Battlehammer
.........scot loses period. For starters pherones would drop scot right away.......

Not to mention scot have hard time actaully hurt omega red.............and even if he was able to hurt red...........red would heal from it...........scot pritty much dies here..........

hell scot been dropped by red effortlessly.

Battlehammer
scot being a better tactation then wolverine is debatable. Both have there moments and both are better in certain scenerios

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Battlehammer
scot being a better tactation then wolverine is debatable. Both have there moments and both are better in certain scenerios

Even Wolverine stated that Scott is a better leader. Remember the epic lawn moment?

"Every now and then Summers. I'm reminded why you're still in charge."

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Even Wolverine stated that Scott is a better leader. Remember the epic lawn moment?

"Every now and then Summers. I'm reminded why you're still in charge."
...........that had nothing to do with leadership............that had to do with raw power............which was clearly implied since she jsut took out a haft a forest and a sentinal with it...........

oh and I said taction not leadership.

and it also debatble who the superior leader. Prof x has been stated on pannel asking Logan to help scot lead the x-men

Wei Phoenix
...........that had nothing to do with leadership............that had to do with raw power............which was clearly implied since she jsut took out a haft a forest and a sentinal with it...........

oh and I said taction not leadership.

and it also debatble who the superior leader. Prof x has been stated on pannel asking Logan to help scot lead the x-men

Power does not make the leader. If that was the case then Jean with Phoenix would lead.

Cyclops' accuracy, skills and mind put him as the better tactician.

Yet Charles has always chosen Scott over Wolverine. He has had many chances to place Wolverine in charge and dethrone Scott but didn't. Charles even wiped his memory of Vulcan just so his team would survive. He needed Scott that bad.

Cavalier
Scott, IMO, is one of the best leaders in marvel.

And yes, I do believe he is a genius tactician as well, though there are more great tacticians in marvel than there are leaders.

And I also think he takes this fight.

Battlehammer
Power does not make the leader. If that was the case then Jean with Phoenix would lead.

Cyclops' accuracy, skills and mind put him as the better tactician.

Yet Charles has always chosen Scott over Wolverine. He has had many chances to place Wolverine in charge and dethrone Scott but didn't. Charles even wiped his memory of Vulcan just so his team would survive. He needed Scott that bad.

............but in that statement you used wolverine was clearly reffering to his power not tactical prowess or leadership and saying other wises is fullishness..........

not really Logan has never onces had any desire to lead............hell he did not even want to help scot lead the team............prof-x had to convince him...........

also who gives a shit. it has nothing to do with this thread

Cavalier
Meh. Scott's proven time and time again that he has the ability to use a full team of X-Men, playing out each one's strengths, and juggling all priorities. It's this multi-person thinking that Wolverine has yet to demonstrate.

And frankly, being able to multitask people would be out of his character, IMO. I wouldn't like a Wolverine that was as good at that as Scott is, simply because 99% of the time he rejects that.

Wei Phoenix
............but in that statement you used wolverine was clearly reffering to his power not tactical prowess or leadership and saying other wises is fullishness..........

not really Logan has never onces had any desire to lead............hell he did not even want to help scot lead the team............prof-x had to convince him...........

also who gives a shit. it has nothing to do with this thread

Yes you were right, fullish defines my actions.

You said it was debatable so I debated it, now you say it has nothing to do with this thread?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Cavalier

And I also think he takes this fight.
I have to respectfully disagree.

scot cis alone means he loses. and even if he fought out of character and did one of his forrest blast whats to say he not drop before he ever had the chances to firer due to death spores?

also whats to say the blast would even KO or damaqge omega red badly at all and whats to say red would not just heal?

red body is incased in armor that is almsot unbreakeable, onkly adamatium has cut it.........and on top of that he has a Wolverine level healing factor or closes to it.

Cavalier
What are the spores best feats of speed? Speed to kill a person, I mean.

Battlehammer
Yes you were right, fullish defines my actions.

You said it was debatable so I debated it, now you say it has nothing to do with this thread?
yes it does........your trying to say Logan was impling scot was the superior leader because scot blow haft a forrest away............that sounds retarded..........

yes I said it was debatable, but I ment for another thread............this is not the place for such a debate nor would I wish to debate such a pointless topic which matters little

Wei Phoenix
I have to respectfully disagree.

whats to say he not drop before he ever had the chances to firer due to death spores?

Distance maybe?

Battlehammer
What are the spores best feats of speed? Speed to kill a person, I mean.
it dropped beast, jublee and I believe scot in one pannel........which is a second or two. and there were aim not to kill.

Wei Phoenix
yes it does........your trying to say Logan was impling scot was the superior leader because scot blow haft a forrest away............that sounds retarded..........

yes I said it was debatable, but I ment for another thread............this is not the place for such a debate nor would I wish to debate such a pointless topic which matters little

Yes from now on I will be known as Fullish Wei. What that means I'll never know.

Bentley
Cyke is still bloodlusted though.

Battlehammer
Distance maybe?
there range is pritty far. and red runs very very fast

Wei Phoenix
Cyke is still bloodlusted though.

Cyke bloodlusted says he is going to give you a full powered optic blast, the same one with the power to split a small planet in two.

Wei Phoenix
there range is pritty far. and red runs very very fast

But in an open field it's not going to kill him and Scott can fire faster than he can run. FPOB is going to stop him.

Battlehammer
when the hell did scot split a small planet into?

Battlehammer
But in an open field it's not going to kill him and Scott can fire faster than he can run. FPOB is going to stop him.
...............actaully the death spores would kill scot.............

FPOB stands for what?

Wei Phoenix
when the hell did scot split a small planet into?

Scott knows his powers and he said it many times that he could do so. He even hit The Juggernaut with one and claimed that it had enough power to split a small planet in two.

Wei Phoenix
...............actaully the death spores would kill scot.............

FPOB stands for what?

Full Powered Optic Blast.

If he is in range of the spores at the beginning of the fight then this is spite. I'm sure Bently does not want this to be a spite thread so he has to start away from the spores which gives him more than enough time for a FPOB.

Cavalier
Meh. It just depends on the range of Red's spores.

Battlehammer
Scott knows his powers and he said it many times that he could do so. He even hit The Juggernaut with one and claimed that it had enough power to split a small planet in two.
prove it. I think your full of shit. I doubt you can find one instances let a lone many.

Wei Phoenix
prove it. I think your full of shit. I doubt you can find one instances let a lone many.

I don't have the scan but it is when he shot Juggernaut. No one else thinks I'm lying. Ask any Cyclops expert and they'll tell you the same that he stated that.

Wei Phoenix
Meh. It just depends on the range of Red's spores.

True and I agree, but starting him in distance of the spores makes Red the automatic winner.

Cavalier
prove it. I think your full of shit. I doubt you can find one instances let a lone many. iirc, he did claim it in a fight vs. Juggs, but I doubt he ever repeated the phrase.

Or maybe I just read that he said that somewhere. But I'm fairly positive.

Regardless, Scott's blasts are ridiculously powerful once he cuts loose.

Cavalier
Paul (Raoul to you noobs) says it did happen, in the Cyclops mini.

Are you gonna question him?

Wei Phoenix
iirc, he did claim it in a fight vs. Juggs, but I doubt he ever repeated the phrase.

Or maybe I just read that he said that somewhere. But I'm fairly positive.

Regardless, Scott's blasts are ridiculously powerful once he cuts loose.

See an unbiased person just supported my claim.

Also it was against Cain and he was surprised that it did nothing to him.

Wei Phoenix
Paul (Raoul to you noobs) says it did happen, in the Cyclops mini.

Are you gonna question him?

No one questions Raoul...he knows where you live. Wait is he here or do you two share a telepathic bond?

I don't have the scan but it is when he shot Juggernaut. No one else thinks I'm lying. Ask any Cyclops expert and they'll tell you the same that he stated that.

The scan exists but I think it was a hyperbolic comment by Cyclops. Though I don't see you proving much of your statements on this board.

Regardless, Scott will beat Red if he keeps his distance. Reds movement speed is irrelevant since the force of the beam will push him back. Also, Cyclops was able to headshot Northstar while he was blitzing Storm, so I doubt Omega Reds speed is a threat to him if there is enough distance.

Cavalier
No one questions Raoul...he knows where you live. Wait is he here or do you two share a telepathic bond?

Telepathic bond.

Raoul says hi.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by #1110
The scan exists but I think it was a hyperbolic comment by Cyclops. Though I don't see you proving much of your statements on this board.

what do you wish me to prove?

I have proven quite alot on this bord.............hell a lot of the issue numbers and so on in the original respect thread came from me...........

Wei Phoenix
Telepathic bond.

Raoul says hi.

Tell him I swear I'll have his money by Wednesday.

Raoul
Tell him I swear I'll have his money by Wednesday.

uhuh

Cavalier
http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/7696/cyclops01odyssey01iflooqs4.jpg

Obviously it's hyperbole, but only a fool would deny Scott's unleashed power as being off the charts.

Mindset
I'd say Scott overloading Bishop > that feat.

Cavalier
Originally posted by Mindset
I'd say Scott overloading Bishop > that feat. Scott's got quite a few feats that are better than the Juggs one.

But yeah, overloading Bishop in seconds is among the high ones.

Wei Phoenix
uhuh

Don't scare me like that.

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/7696/cyclops01odyssey01iflooqs4.jpg

Obviously it's hyperbole, but only a fool would deny Scott's unleashed power as being off the charts.

Pretty bad ass feat for Scott.

rotiart
I love the bishop feat. The sentinels say theyshould have been able to withstand 5 seconds of cyclops full blasts.... And that was like 1 second instead.... Cyke bring 5 times stronger than they thought???

Cool in any case

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by rotiart
I love the bishop feat. The sentinels say theyshould have been able to withstand 5 seconds of cyclops full blasts.... And that was like 1 second instead.... Cyke bring 5 times stronger than they thought???

Cool in any case

Someone post the Bishop one!

Raoul
im uploading it, gimme a sec...

edit: Ok, here it is...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/Cyclops/th_img023.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/Cyclops/th_img024.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/Cyclops/th_scan0003.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/Cyclops/th_scan0004.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/Cyclops/th_scan0005.jpg

Civil War X-Men was always a mixed bag for me... It had, imo, a weak story, and as a whole, i thought it was a rather poor x-men story... but i can't deny that what Cyclops did here was damn impressive... And it just shows that not even the Government, with all its resources, could predict just how powerful cyclops can be...

Raoul
Someone post the Bishop one!

done, dude.

Mindset
Too bad he didn't kill Bishop there, would have saved them a lot of trouble.

Wei Phoenix
Too bad he didn't kill Bishop there, would have saved them a lot of trouble.

Does anyone like Bishop?

done, dude.

thank you!

Mindset
Did you read Messiah Complex?

Wei Phoenix
Did you read Messiah Complex?

Read a few synopsis of it. Heard he tried to kill a baby which furthers my hate for him.

Battlehammer
got his arm ripped off which was funny

Mindset
Read a few synopsis of it. Heard he tried to kill a baby which furthers my hate for him. He tried to kill the first mutant baby born after M day, then he tried to kill Cable and the baby, now he's being tortured. smile

Wei Phoenix
He tried to kill the first mutant baby born after M day, then he tried to kill Cable and the baby, now he's being tortured. smile

Oh yeah I saw Scott messing with him and torturing him recently. God someone needs to kill him.

Raoul
cyclops is just... awful, nowadays...

Battlehammer
scot just not a pussy anymore lol

Raoul
scot just not a pussy anymore lol

even wolverine thinks cyclops is going too far... so what does that make logan? stick out tongue

Mindset
Scott is an Alpha Male now. :O

Battlehammer
even wolverine thinks cyclops is going too far... so what does that make logan? stick out tongue
a man with morals? Unlike some one with goofy red sun glasses we all know..............lol

Raoul
Scott is an Alpha Male now. :O

he's never been that lol...

a man with morals? Unlike some one with goofy red sun glasses we all know..............lol

so they've switched positions?

Battlehammer
he's never been that lol...

so they've switched positions?
lol they both rubbed off on one another

Raoul
lol they both rubbed off on one another

wrong. choice. of words.

Battlehammer
wrong. choice. of words.
I was just thinking that lol

Mindset
When Emma is away the mice will play.

sick

Battlehammer

sick
they been hanging out with northstar to much

Raoul

sick

they been hanging out with northstar to much

peejayd

* i think the one with three long claws with each hand is goofier than the one with red sunglasses, stick out tongue

* anyway, i still think, with considerable distance, Cyke wins this... smile

Battlehammer
anyone think it must be weird to always see life in shades of red.

Raoul

is it any more weird than not knowing which memories are real and which aren't for such a long period of time?

Battlehammer
is it any more weird than not knowing which memories are real and which aren't for such a long period of time?
im not sure I say it was weird more so I say it just sucks.

peejayd

* it's more weird to have some time in your life be reduced to a feral beastial form... it sucks... stick out tongue

* back to the topic, guys... with considerable distance, Cyke wins this... smile

Rhinoceros
Someone said on another forum that Nightcrawler recently knocked Red out, is this true? I haven't looked into it more.

Raoul
im not sure I say it was weird more so I say it just sucks.

laughing out loud

cyclops has nice shades now anyways, not those chunky things he used to wear...

Originally posted by Rhinoceros
Someone said on another forum that Nightcrawler recently knocked Red out, is this true? I haven't looked into it more.

yeah... he can take a full on punch from colossus, but nightcrawler teleports him a few miles into the air, and suddenly red is ktfo...

Endrict Nuul
So, Red is the newest jobber now?

Wei Phoenix
laughing out loud

cyclops has nice shades now anyways, not those chunky things he used to wear...

He wears his sunglasses at night
so he can
so he can....blast the fvck out of Wolverine!

Raoul
He wears his sunglasses at night
so he can
so he can....blast the fvck out of Wolverine!

laughing

Bentley
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
So, Red is the newest jobber now?

Geez, and he just got bumped in the tier thread.

Raoul
colossus could have and should have put him down, imo...

Endrict Nuul
Geez, and he just got bumped in the tier thread.

laughing QFT....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.