Does Juggernaut have the ability to increase his strength at will like Hulk?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

taskyng
Hi guys,

I've always thought of Juggernaut to be Hulk's mystical counterpart Archrival

(The historical pattern for Hulk to beat the Brute bad guys is to "get madder" until he was strong enough to overpower every Brute villain.... EXCEPT Juggernaut.

The almost 40 year pattern of Hulk/Jugs fights tend to be Interrupted fights and indecisive,debatable and ambiguous victories through plot devices like( streetclothes ambush, one time Celestial power boosts, psychic backlash KO's etc)

and I recently found this old scan of a Green Mail Editoral Reply during Peter David's EXCELLENT 12 run on Hulk during the 90's( He wrote 3 of Jug/Hulk fights)

" Is hulk the strongest there is?.......We in the hulk office would like to think that Hulk is the strongest being on earth.But Current opinion around Marvel HQ is that it is the juggernaut because of the (near) limitless power of Cytorrak that he can call upon"

So I wonder if you guys know of any jugs storylines (and sources?) where Cain has ever demonstrated this ability to increase his strength more or less on command when needed?

Sharing this ability along with the Hulk would be cool.

I mean, Jugs is basically an earthbound villian . Who has Jugs ever fought that would even require him to even consider the need to ponder if he can get stronger besides Hulk and Thor cool ?

It would be cool for there to be at least ONE villain who can match Hulk in terms of brute strength no matter how angry Hulk gets otherwise why bother having Hulk fight scenes since He'll eventually grow strong enough, durable enough to smash his opponent instead of using guile? It got boring enough for me to drop Hulk after Peter David's run, and I only picked up Planet Hulk ,which was EXCELLENT storytelling...But now with Lobe ..ugh confused

Thanks
T

DigiMark007
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t346614.html

Thanks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.