Subs + Trunk = Embarrassment.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kelly_Bean
So far I have two 12's in my car and with a lot of my songs, especially really bassy ones, I get a distinguishable rattle in my trunk and I find it to be quite embarrassing and I was wondering if there were any no-cost or low-cost ways to fix this or at least help with this a bit. I own an '04 Dodge Neon.

taft
Lower the volume down? no expression

Kelly_Bean
No.

Next?

taft
Maybe its your license plate? Loose wires in the trunk?

Kelly_Bean
I thought about the license plate thing but the actual rattle is from inside the trunk.

I was wondering if it would be possible like rubber padding or a blanket to somehow put on the top of the trunk roof on the inside.

dadudemon
Here's a place to start, Kelly.

http://www.sounddeadener.com/

Do I win sex or something for getting this for you?

Kosta
Find the source of the vibration. Usually its a loose panel of something along those lines. Cushion it with something. I've had to deal with this problem a few times in friend's cars. Usually, taking in to consideration its not your car falling apart, it's a very easy and low cost thing to get fixed.

Rogue Jedi
Are the 12's in a box? If so, pack the box with house insulation. Then get some of that padded tape and apply it to where the trunk closes.

gefallen_engel
never turn it down!! laughing out loud

Kosta
Originally posted by gefallen_engel
never turn it down!! laughing out loud

Damn straight raver

gefallen_engel
the louder the better

Mairuzu
Haha, sex.

dadudemon
Originally when I read the title of this thread, I thought it was something about subtitles for a DBZ movie or episode with Trunks. It looked like Kelly was looking for help with subtitling.

Originally posted by Mairuzu
Haha, sex. laughing laughing laughing

thumb up

Mairuzu
Subjeta vs Trunks

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by dadudemon
Here's a place to start, Kelly.

http://www.sounddeadener.com/

Do I win sex or something for getting this for you?
I don't allow people to cheat on someone with me. awesome
Originally posted by Kosta
Find the source of the vibration. Usually its a loose panel of something along those lines. Cushion it with something. I've had to deal with this problem a few times in friend's cars. Usually, taking in to consideration its not your car falling apart, it's a very easy and low cost thing to get fixed.
Thank you. stick out tongue

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
I don't allow people to cheat on someone with me. awesome

Who said the wife was excluded? awesome

=Tired Hiker=
So far I have two 12's in my car and with a lot of my songs, especially really bassy ones, I get a distinguishable rattle in my trunk and I find it to be quite embarrassing and I was wondering if there were any no-cost or low-cost ways to fix this or at least help with this a bit. I own an '04 Dodge Neon.

Sell your dumb car! eek!

steverules
Maybe it's that dude you ran over and then put in your trunk

AngryManatee
Neon's are autofail. Dual subs in a Neon is autofailfail. Rattles are not autofailfailfail because they are expected from Neons. So autofailfail.

Edit: Not to mention, if you put HYOOGE SUBS in anything, you're going to get a rattle eventually, whether it be a crackerbox civic or a mercedes benz. Rattling shit loose ftw.

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Sell your dumb car! eek!
Sell your soul to the devil, whore.

Originally posted by AngryManatee
Neon's are autofail. Dual subs in a Neon is autofailfail. Rattles are not autofailfailfail because they are expected from Neons. So autofailfail.

Edit: Not to mention, if you put HYOOGE SUBS in anything, you're going to get a rattle eventually, whether it be a crackerbox civic or a mercedes benz. Rattling shit loose ftw.
You = autofail.
Just because you might not like a dodge or a dodge neon doesn't mean that everyone in the entire world is the same. I love my car. I bought my car with my own money. You probably drive something like this:
http://home.zcu.cz/~jcerveny/img/skoda-felicia-029.jpg

Lord Knightfa11
Sell your soul to the devil, whore.

You = autofail.
Just because you might not like a dodge or a dodge neon doesn't mean that everyone in the entire world is the same. I love my car. I bought my car with my own money. You probably drive something like this:
http://home.zcu.cz/~jcerveny/img/skoda-felicia-029.jpg ya um, that was very clever... roll eyes (sarcastic) and childish. to both of you.

My advice would be to turn down the bass a bit because its bad for your car and bad for your ears, see your ears have very sensitive hairs inside them that all register a different frequency. As they get used more and more they become increasingly brittle and eventually they break off, leaving you very heard of hearing to deaf to those frequencies.

And subs that rattle the back of your car off of its hinges, well that doesn't need much medical diagnostic.

Also how far are you willing to disassemble your car? I do know of other ways to get rid of irritating rattles, but almost all of them mean taking the car apart and tightening every bolt.

Eventually huge subs are going to take down your car, i have had a few friends in high school who were like wtf why is the back of my chassis coming off? Well, maybe not that bad...

Ax3l
Boy, thank god that you pointed out your sarcasm. Man, to think if someone posted a sarcastic post and for the readers to not understand. What a travesty that would be.

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by Ax3l
Boy, thank god that you pointed out your sarcasm. Man, to think if someone posted a sarcastic post and for the readers to not understand. What a travesty that would be. Thank god you wasted about 45 seconds of your life typing that out, or else, well, nothing would have happened!! That would have been like... the suck!

Ax3l
You underestimate me. I'm a much faster typist than you think, idiot.

Lord Knightfa11
You underestimate me. I'm a much faster typist than you think, idiot. I doubt it. the security cameras i have planted in your house say that you only have one hand. laughing out loud We're always watching.

Strangelove
Originally posted by taft
Lower the volume down? no expression Um, agreed.

There's nothing more annoying than obnoxious loud-ass cars.

Well, actually, there is, but it's pretty annoying, is my point.

And you're embarrassed by the rattle? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
Thank god you wasted about 45 seconds of your life typing that out, or else, well, nothing would have happened!! That would have been like... the suck! haermm

AngryManatee
You probably drive something like this:
http://home.zcu.cz/~jcerveny/img/skoda-felicia-029.jpg

As people have said previously, hyooge subs will rattle shit over time. I had a friend in highschool who put a $7,000 sounds system in a Honda Prelude, a PRELUDE, and you could feel the bass in your stomach from across the parking lot. Luckily he sold it. The thing shook and rattled more then a vibrator. Go for sound quality, not sound quantity.

Just for emphasis, he put it in this car:

http://www.theautochannel.com/media/photos/honda/1998/98_honda_prelude_type_sh.jpg

As for my car, it looks more like this
||
||
||
||
\/

shiv
I get a distinguishable rattle in my trunk and I find it to be quite embarrassing

go easy on the chinese takeaways

Kelly_Bean
Boy, thank god that you pointed out your sarcasm. Man, to think if someone posted a sarcastic post and for the readers to not understand. What a travesty that would be.

I was about to say the same exact thing. hanuts

Originally posted by Strangelove
Um, agreed.

And...I care that you don't like stereo systems becauuuuse? My uncle competes them and has won 2 of 2 competitions. I'll someday compete. smile

As people have said previously, hyooge subs will rattle shit over time. I had a friend in highschool who put a $7,000 sounds system in a Honda Prelude, a PRELUDE, and you could feel the bass in your stomach from across the parking lot. Luckily he sold it. The thing shook and rattled more then a vibrator. Go for sound quality, not sound quantity.

Just for emphasis, he put it in this car:

http://www.theautochannel.com/media/photos/honda/1998/98_honda_prelude_type_sh.jpg

As for my car, it looks more like this
||
||
||
||
\/
In your dreams, kiddo.

AngryManatee

In your dreams, kiddo.

No, In my possession.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d133/BrianOfRothgar/P1013955.jpg

Strangelove
And...I care that you don't like stereo systems becauuuuse? My uncle competes them and has won 2 of 2 competitions. I'll someday compete. smile I do like stereo systems, just not ones that break the eardrums of everyone in a 100-yard radius.

Seems like a silly thing to compete with.

~Wålshy~
No, In my possession.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d133/BrianOfRothgar/P1013955.jpg that is awesome no expression

FoxMeister
Originally posted by shiv
go easy on the chinese takeaways
haermm

Kelly_Bean
I do like stereo systems, just not ones that break the eardrums of everyone in a 100-yard radius.

Seems like a silly thing to compete with.
Mine doesn't. Two 12's is small sounding to my friend from works four 15's. It's actually not really noisy, it's just developed a rattle because I use it all the time.

And..speaking of things "silly," competing for money with stereo systems may sound "silly" to you but so does competing for money against cards, like you specify Texas Hold'em in your profile. What do you have to show for for winning a card game that's so much better than winning money and a trophy against competing stereo systems?

People have their own hobbies and interests, I don't think you understand that.

I believe you're trying to degrade me because I have an interest that is different from yours and you don't like that.

dadudemon
Um, agreed.

I'm going to take a guess and assume that the ass cars' sound systems sound like crap. hmm

Kelly_Bean
I'm going to take a guess and assume that the ass cars' sound systems sound like crap. hmm
crylaugh

Strangelove
And..speaking of things "silly," competing for money with stereo systems may sound "silly" to you but so does competing for money against cards, like you specify Texas Hold'em in your profile. What do you have to show for for winning a card game that's so much better than winning money and a trophy against competing stereo systems?

People have their own hobbies and interests, I don't think you understand that.

I believe you're trying to degrade me because I have an interest that is different from yours and you don't like that. a) I don't play hold 'em with the intent to win competitions, I do it to have fun (winning is nice too, though).

b) I very much understand that people have different hobbies. And I respect that. Do whatever it is you want to do and never let anyone stop you. But that should never mean that I can't express my opinion. I don't care if you asked for it or not, this is an open forum. You're more than welcome to denigrate something I enjoy when you want to.

I have absolutely nothing against you or your love for soundsystems, but I think the idea of it is silly. Heaven forbid.

Kelly_Bean
a) I don't play hold 'em with the intent to win competitions, I do it to have fun (winning is nice too, though).

b) I very much understand that people have different hobbies. And I respect that. Do whatever it is you want to do and never let anyone stop you. But that should never mean that I can't express my opinion. I don't care if you asked for it or not, this is an open forum. You're more than welcome to denigrate something I enjoy when you want to.

I have absolutely nothing against you or your love for soundsystems, but I think the idea of it is silly. Heaven forbid.
Having respect for someone and randomly, blatantly stating an opinion on it out of nowhere are two different things. I could've went the rest of my time on KMC without pointing out something that YOU do that is silly so I don't see why it's such a big deal answering my question as opposed to trying to offend someone just because they have a different hobby than that of yourself?

If you had made a Texas Hold'em thread and ask for some type of advice on it or anything like that, I would not have come in and randomly said "Texas Hold'em is silly." I have more respect than that. I might not have when I was 14, but I do now at age 19, almost 20.

And I'm not saying that I don't realise everyone has an opinion or anything, because I have an opinion of my own, too.

Strangelove
Having respect for someone and randomly, blatantly stating an opinion on it out of nowhere are two different things. I could've went the rest of my time on KMC without pointing out something that YOU do that is silly so I don't see why it's such a big deal answering my question as opposed to trying to offend someone just because they have a different hobby than that of yourself? I'm not trying to offend anyone, don't dare try and assign motive to my actions.

I said my piece, I'm not going to argue anymore.

Kelly_Bean
I'm not trying to offend anyone, don't dare try and assign motive to my actions.

I said my piece, I'm not going to argue anymore.
I believe I silenced you with truth, sonny..

Strangelove
I believe I silenced you with truth, sonny.. No, I just don't see the point in continuing to argue once you arrive at an impasse. You're never going to believe that my intentions weren't malicious, and I don't give a shit.

Kelly_Bean
No, I just don't see the point in continuing to argue once you arrive at an impasse. You're never going to believe that my intentions weren't malicious, and I don't give a shit.
Thought you weren't arguing anymore? laughing out loud laughing out loud crylaugh hanuts

Strangelove
I'm not. But lying about me doesn't really make me happy.

Kelly_Bean
Are too.

Strangelove
What's that you were saying about maturity?

Kelly_Bean
What's that you were saying about maturity?
That you have just as less than I have. awesome

Plus you're continuing to argue with me after you said you were through.
What's that you were saying about lying?

I see no reason for you to continuously get redder and redder. I stopped being serious quite a long time ago. hanuts

Strangelove
^
^

(that's me, not arguing)

dadudemon

I don't like "loud-ass car" music around my house when it's time to sleep. In the middle of the city is fine. Ain't no body livin' der except for the homeless.

I absolutely HATE being woken up in the middle of the night. I become a very mean a**hole when woken up. mad

It's just common courtesy and should be obvious that you don't blast your music in the neighborhoods.

dadudemon
Are too.

dee too

Strangelove
I don't even own a car awesome

dadudemon
I don't even own a car awesome

Everyone point and laugh at the carless!

hahahahaha!

Strangelove
If I cared about my image, then that would hurt.

But I am a proud pedestrian.

dadudemon
If I cared about my image, then that would hurt.

But I am a proud pedestrian.

Point and laugh at the pedestrian!

hahahahahahahahaha!

P.S. I'm not for serials.

Strangelove
Point and laugh at the pedestrian!

hahahahahahahahaha!

P.S. I'm not for serials. I know.

=Tired Hiker=
Are too. Originally posted by dadudemon
dee too

Fish out of water! eek!

AngryManatee
I'm still of the opinion that it's still lame.

=Tired Hiker=

Kelly_Bean
I don't like "loud-ass car" music around my house when it's time to sleep. In the middle of the city is fine. Ain't no body livin' der except for the homeless.

I absolutely HATE being woken up in the middle of the night. I become a very mean a**hole when woken up. mad

It's just common courtesy and should be obvious that you don't blast your music in the neighborhoods.
Now that you mention that, I live in the hood where stereo systems are constantly rolling by--day and night. I've lived here all 19 and a half years of my life and unless I'm really paying attention to outside, I don't really hear the stereo systems if someone drives by with one booming. I'm kind of immune to it, even at night time. Once you are around something so long, you set an immunity to it.

dadudemon
Now that you mention that, I live in the hood where stereo systems are constantly rolling by--day and night. I've lived here all 19 and a half years of my life and unless I'm really paying attention to outside, I don't really hear the stereo systems if someone drives by with one booming. I'm kind of immune to it, even at night time. Once you are around something so long, you set an immunity to it.

Too true.

People that come out and live in the country say they miss all the city noise.

But I may be the exception. I'm a grumpy hermit.

Kelly_Bean
Too true.

People that come out and live in the country say they miss all the city noise.

But I may be the exception. I'm a grumpy hermit.
I've always wondered how people become immune to that cow crap smell, seriously.

I was younger and I was swimming outside with one of my girl friends that lived out in the country and I started smelling nasty cow crap and the smell would NOT go away and she was like "You get used to that living out here." I don't know how, lol.

dadudemon
I've always wondered how people become immune to that cow crap smell, seriously.

I was younger and I was swimming outside with one of my girl friends that lived out in the country and I started smelling nasty cow crap and the smell would NOT go away and she was like "You get used to that living out here." I don't know how, lol.

I still haven't gotten used to it. for 17 years, I lived across the street from a massive field of cows. sick

Kelly_Bean
I still haven't gotten used to it. for 17 years, I lived across the street from a massive field of cows. sick
That's odd.

Maybe everything isn't immunable after time. Just some stuff.

dadudemon
That's odd.

Maybe everything isn't immunable after time. Just some stuff.

We can probably sound fancy and call it desensitization or sensory desensitization.

Kelly_Bean
Good enough for me.

thumb up

Scha-wing!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.