Best RPG as of 2008?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Knightfa11
What is the best rpg as of now? don't worry if I forgot one of them, just post the one you think is the best.

(to any mod, I'm sorry if there is a duplicate, i did a search and didn't find anything.)

Bardock42
Gothic

Obviously.

Dark-Jaxx
I have never been as immersed with a game as I am with both of the Fable games.

Peach
Generally when someone says "best ____ of 2008", it's supposed to only include games that were released that year.

Which eliminates nearly that entire list.

Also, Zelda games really aren't RPGs.

I would say Lost Odyssey.

Bardock42
He said "as of" though.

Meaning the best RPG ever, I guess...weird.

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by Peach
Generally when someone says "best ____ of 2008", it's supposed to only include games that were released that year.

Which eliminates nearly that entire list.

Also, Zelda games really aren't RPGs.

I would say Lost Odyssey. Its so that it doesn't eliminate future options for a thread. Oh damn i forgot bioshock lol. like if i wanted to find out what the best as of 2015 are, i'd make an entirely new list, with the exception of maybe oblivion and/or kotor.

NonSensi-Klown
... Bioshock isn't an RPG.

A game having RPG'ish elements, doesn't necessarily make it an RPG.

ragesRemorse
I voted for fallout 3 because i didnt take my time to read the thread title thoroughly. I too, thought it said best of, not best as of. Why not just say best rpg ? confused me and shit

Morridini

BackFire
So it's basically best RPG of all time.

Gonna go with Final Fantasy VI.

Lord Knightfa11
I want to say oblivion and Kotor.

Kazenji
Wheres Sacred 2 ?

or is this poll only for Console games.

Kosta
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I voted for fallout 3 because i didnt take my time to read the thread title thoroughly. I too, thought it said best of, not best as of. Why not just say best rpg ? confused me and shit

You and me both.

My favorite RPG was a tie between two PS2 gamed called "Summoner" and "Summoner 2". Few people know about it, but the story lines blew me away at the time.

If I had to chose from the list, I'd say Oblivion, although Fallout 3 is getting better the more I play it.

Bardock42
Except for Gothic, which obviously is the best, I'd also say Baldur's Gate, which is a really, really, really great game.

Kero_Co
Originally posted by BackFire
So it's basically best RPG of all time.

Gonna go with Final Fantasy VI.

Mah Boi!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.