Superman(kc) vs. Doomsday(power ring)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
This is the Doomsday from the annual when he got his filthy mits on the lantern ring. Who takes it?

Galan007
When Doomsday had the ring, he killed hundreds of GL's.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Galan007
When Doomsday had the ring, he killed hundreds of GL's.

Remember back when I said I thought that DD Wars Doomsday was the strongest incarnation? I forgot about this one. embarrasment

Galan007
Originally posted by Enyalus
Remember back when I said I thought that DD Wars Doomsday was the strongest incarnation? I forgot about this one. embarrasment Possibly. He ended up 'loosing' the same way Prime did.

Guardian. Kamikaze. Attack.

Enyalus
Possibly. He ended up 'loosing' the same way Prime did.

Guardian. Kamikaze. Attack.

It's out of continuty, right? Both H/P and the Annual came out in '95.

Galan007
It's out of continuty, right? Both H/P and the Annual came out in '95. The Doomsday Annual was set 245,000 years in the past, so it's canonical.

Enyalus
The Doomsday Annual was set 245,000 years in the past, so it's canonical.

I clearly missed page seven the first time around. confused

Galan007
Yeah I haven't skimmed through that comic in a long while. Guess I'm just a nerd. geek

Enyalus
LOL

Anywho, DD for the win. If only because he had such a cute ass.

quanchi112
Id say that Superman takes this.

Surtur
A normal GL would probably take down KC Supes, give Doomsday one and well..it won't be pretty.

Galan007
Originally posted by quanchi112
Id say that Superman takes this. Do you have any basis behind that, or do you just like KC Supes more?

Raoul
that doomsday was still < DOS one, though, right?

i mean, he's not going to get weaker over the years, is he?

i think DD just gained an immunity to the ring power, meaning that no matter what willpower was behind it, he could take it and survive...

as always there's be the usual exceptions, hal and so on...

Galan007
Originally posted by Raoul
that doomsday was still < DOS one, though, right? Hard to say. Remember, that comic took place 245,000 years ago. So that's pretty much how long DD went without the light of a sun to replenish him. *shrugs*

Raoul
edit

quanchi112
Originally posted by Surtur
A normal GL would probably take down KC Supes, give Doomsday one and well..it won't be pretty. You really think a normal gl could take down kc Supes?Originally posted by Galan007
Do you have any basis behind that, or do you just like KC Supes more? The fact that kc Superman has been in the sun longer and that he is even more invulnerable than normal Supes to the point of k-nite not doing a thing to him. Going through nameless gl's doesnt make him look that great to me.

KC Supes for the win.

Galan007
Hmm, still don't entirely understand your line of thinking, but whatever. You are entitled to your own opinion. smile

Enyalus
Originally posted by Raoul
that doomsday was still < DOS one, though, right?

i mean, he's not going to get weaker over the years, is he?

i think DD just gained an immunity to the ring power, meaning that no matter what willpower was behind it, he could take it and survive...

as always there's be the usual exceptions, hal and so on...

Technically, energy-wise DOS DD > Annual DD. Because he was killed by Radiant and evolved past it. But Annual DD still made Darkseid fear him without the ring. And with it, he killed hundreds of GLs and injured a thousand more. He was also overpowering a Guardian 1 v 1. The other Guardians even offer to lend him some of their strength. DD was adapting on the fly in that story, responding to the Guardian's power and compensating accordingly.

Oh, and his rage makes him stronger.

Guess what I mean to say is, is that yes, Annual DD < DOS DD, at base forms. However, Annual DD was amped by a GL ring, and with it had enough power to force a Guardian to commit suicide. IMO, Guardian > KC Supes.

Galan007
Technically, energy-wise DOS DD > Annual DD. Because he was killed by Radiant and evolved past it. But Annual DD still made Darkseid fear him without the ring. And with it, he killed hundreds of GLs and injured a thousand more. He was also overpowering a Guardian 1 v 1. The other Guardians even offer to lend him some of their strength. DD was adapting on the fly in that story, responding to the Guardian's power and compensating accordingly.

Oh, and his rage makes him stronger.

Guess what I mean to say is, is that yes, Annual DD < DOS DD, at base forms. However, Annual DD was amped by a GL ring, and with it had enough power to force a Guardian to commit suicide. IMO, Guardian > KC Supes. Originally posted by Galan007
Hard to say. Remember, that comic took place 245,000 years ago. So that's pretty much how long DD went without the light of a sun to replenish him. *shrugs* So while DoS DD may have had the potential to be more powerful than DD from the Annual - imo he wasn't, due to solar emaciation.

Enyalus
So while DoS DD may have had the potential to be more powerful than DD from the Annual - imo he wasn't, due to solar emaciation.

I didn't even know he was solar powered. embarrasment

Galan007
I didn't even know he was solar powered. embarrasment I'm a nerd, so I knew lol..

-Bertron-
"Nourished by solar energy that he can store for a millennium if necessary.."

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1009402_dd1.jpg

Plus, the fact that DD was spawned on ancient Krypton so it does make sense. However, DD's obviously evolved beyond this type of nourishment in some ways, but imo it's the best explanation for the obvious difference in power between the Annual and DoS.

Enyalus
Ooh...you know, that doesn't specify yellow or red solar energy. And Krypton was under a red sun, so...powered by any kind of solar energy is probable. big grin

Neat. I didn't pay attention to that line when reading H/P.

Galan007
Ooh...you know, that doesn't specify yellow or red solar energy. And Krypton was under a red sun, so...powered by any kind of solar energy is probable. big grin

Neat. I didn't pay attention to that line when reading H/P. DD is Kryptonian, no matter how deep-rooted that heritage may be. So I just put 2&2 together, as far as what type of solar energy nourishes him .

stick out tongue

But really, who knows what he can/has adapted to, in order to replenish himself?

Enyalus
DD is Kryptonian, no matter how deep-rooted that heritage may be. So I just put 2&2 together, as far as what type of solar energy nourishes him .

Meh...I disagree. Yeah, technically he's Kryptonian, but not in the sense we think of the word - such as Superman and Zod. There were only powerful monsterous beings at that early age of Krypton. They may or may not have been powered up by a yellow sun, like the later sentient Kryptonian race.

It'd be like calling both fish and humans Earthlings, then deducing that fish can breath air because humans do it. stick out tongue

Galan007
Meh...I disagree. Yeah, technically he's Kryptonian, but not in the sense we think of the word - such as Superman and Zod. There were only powerful monsterous beings at that early age of Krypton. They may or may not have been powered up by a yellow sun, like the later sentient Kryptonian race.

It'd be like calling both fish and humans Earthlings, then deducing that fish can breath air because humans do it. stick out tongue Yeah, it's a "who knows?" type of thing.

Anyhow, the point was, for roughly 245,000 years Doomsday went without absorbing any type of solar energy, without any sort of nourishment. So that may explain the power difference everyone is confused about, imo.

Enyalus
Anyhow, the point was, for roughly 245,000 years Doomsday went without absorbing any type of solar energy, without any sort of nourishment. So that may explain the power difference everyone is confused about, imo.

Agreed. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.