Apocalypse vs Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

X-43D
Although they are both very powerful, who do you think is more powerful Apocalypse or Doomsday?

Surtur
Potentially Apocalypse is more powerful, realistically Doomsday.

Endrict Nuul
Which Doomsday?

X-43D
Originally posted by Surtur
Potentially Apocalypse is more powerful, realistically Doomsday.

What do you mean by realistically?

Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Which Doomsday?

Isn't there only one Doomsday?

Endrict Nuul
No, there are like 3 or 4 versions.

Harbinger
Only DOS Doomsday would lose to Apoc, IMO.

cloud102
Which is the MOST powerful version of DD? I don't remember.

Harbinger
Originally posted by cloud102
Which is the MOST powerful version of DD? I don't remember. HP DD, IMO.

cloud102
Is that the one that cut Radiant apart? The cosmic, energy being?

Harbinger
Is that the one that cut Radiant apart? The cosmic, energy being? Yes.

X-43D
Originally posted by Harbinger
HP DD, IMO.

You mean the Hunter/Prey Doomsday?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by X-43D
You mean the Hunter/Prey Doomsday?

Yep

Endrict Nuul
Which is the MOST powerful version of DD? I don't remember.

Doomsday wars IMO.

Galan007
Which is the MOST powerful version of DD? I don't remember. Either DD Wars Doomsday, or Gog Wars Doomsday. The latter was potentially un-BFR-able.

X-43D
Originally posted by Galan007
Either DD Wars Doomsday, or Gog Wars Doomsday. The latter was potentially un-BFR-able.

What is un-BFR-able?

Endrict Nuul
What is un-BFR-able?

Can't be battlefield removed.

quanchi112
Doomsday wins.

iceman24567
Apocalypse is more powerful bu Doomsday would kill him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Apocalypse is more powerful bu Doomsday would kill him. How is Apocalypse more powerful?

The Great Galen
More versatile, but that doesn't cut it here.

Galan007
How can Apocalypse be more versatile than a being who can adapt to/overcome virtually any attack used against it? That pretty much defines versatility, imo.

The Great Galen
he has more versatility at his base I suppose, doomsday can't fly lol.

Galan007
Well if that's the case, DD excels at owning characters 'more versatile' than he.

The Great Galen
lol, well thats usually when he si most vulnerable..get him b4 he starts adapting.

Nihilist
apoc beats dos doomsday

Surtur
What do you mean by realistically?

I mean that given what Apocalypse's powerset is said to be, he should be extremely powerful. However, there is a big habit of him not being written as powerful as it should be. Doomsday, at least the strongest version of him, is pretty damn powerful, being a credible threat to Superman.

Yes, but Doomsday's whole premise is that he gets stronger everytime he is killed, he then adapts to what killed him. The second time Superman fought him he was even more powerful, he's known as Hunter/Prey Doomsday. Superman still got owned despite the fact he had a motherbox to help him, this is significant because among the other things a motherbox can do, it can slowly heal you, yet it still wasn't enough. He adapted poisonous bone spurs on the fly as a counter to heat vision, and even adapted on the fly to New Gods sonic tech. Supes had to dump him at the end of time to defeat him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nihilist
apoc beats dos doomsday I think even dos Doomsday beats him.

guy222
apoc

Nihilist
Originally posted by quanchi112
I think even dos Doomsday beats him. i dont

X-43D
Apocalypse can fly. Doomday cannot. Therefore there's nothing Doomsday can do to him when he's flying. There is also nothing Apocalypse can do to Doomsday because Doomsday is virtually indestructible and quickly adapts to what killed him.

In the X-Men animated series Apocalypse defeated the X-Men several times. In the comics the twelve managed to kill him eventually with the help of Cyclops.

Endrict Nuul
Apoc only beats DOS.

Endrict Nuul

In the X-Men animated series Apocalypse defeated the X-Men several times. In the comics the twelve managed to kill him eventually with the help of Cyclops.

We dont use cartoon feats here, this is a comic forum. Unless its stated its that version.

Endrict Nuul
Apocalypse can fly. Doomday cannot. Therefore there's nothing Doomsday can do to him when he's flying.

Fail.....

DOS KILLED Superman. Superman can FLY a lot faster than Apoc and that didnt help him. DOS was attacking Superman in mid air, plus kicking the Hell outta the JLA team. Read the DOS storyline again.

Please dont bring up that crap again you just said.

Mighty Saxon
DD for the win here

Bada's Palin
Fail.....

DOS KILLED Superman. Superman can FLY a lot faster than Apoc and that didnt help him. DOS was attacking Superman in mid air, plus kicking the Hell outta the JLA team. Read the DOS storyline again.

Please dont bring up that crap again you just said.

It didn't help Superman, because he fought like an idiot. DoS Superman wasn't particular formidable. If Apocalypse flies around and fires energy beams there is little Doomsday can do.

golem370
Telekinesis powers to immobilize Doomsday in the air.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by golem370
Telekinesis powers to immobilize Doomsday in the air.

That may work, but the flying around blasting wont.

Doomsday take blasts from JLA and it does little damage.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/dos12.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/dos11.jpg

At his lowest level hes still faster than Flash, so says Booster Gold.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/dos13.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/dos14.jpg

He can jump really fast and far still hitting his targets.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/dos15.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/dos20.jpg

Now, this it no cake walk for either of them but If Pocy plays it smart....he wins. But if they random met each other, than Doomsday wins.

golem370
Could bfr with Telekinesis

Bada's Palin
That may work, but the flying around blasting wont.

Doomsday take blasts from JLA and it does little damage.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/dos12.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/dos11.jpg

At his lowest level hes still faster than Flash, so says Booster Gold.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/dos13.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/dos14.jpg

He can jump really fast and far still hitting his targets.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/dos15.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/dos20.jpg

Now, this it no cake walk for either of them but If Pocy plays it smart....he wins. But if they random met each other, than Doomsday wins.

I have a hard time believing DOS Booster Gold is in a position to determine how fast Doomsday is.

Surtur
Yeah..Doomsday isn't Flash level at all, despite what Booster said.

The way I see it, his speed is like the hulk, very quick for something his size, but I wouldn't classify him with superhuman speed either.

Endrict Nuul
Yeah, I know his speed didnt display like Flashes at all. Just posted it thats all. Still IMO Doomsday and Hulk are faster that Apoc.

Enyalus
Originally posted by quanchi112
I think even dos Doomsday beats him.

I'll back you up there, homeboy. thumb up

Happy Turkey-Day.

SoulDevourer
in short : Doomsday adapts > he wins. end of story

the only Marvel villain that might be a match fr Doomsday would be the Fury

Enyalus
Originally posted by SoulDevourer

Ultron, too. smile

Stoic

Nah the Fury is far above Doomsday, I think Juggernaut would be a great match for Doomsday.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Stoic
Nah the Fury is far above Doomsday, I think Juggernaut would be a great match for Doomsday. Juggernaut ??

ok here's how it goes :
Doomsday adapts => Juggernaut loses. game over
(edit> same with Ultron, in time Doomsday will evolved enough strength to break Ultron's adamantium armor)

now onto the more serious fights :
the Fury could give Doomsday a run for his money but he's certainly not far above Doomsday. in fact Doomsday has a chance of winning this in the long run

Mindset
Juggernaut ??

ok here's how it goes :
Doomsday adapts => Juggernaut loses. game over
(edit> same with Ultron, in time Doomsday will evolved enough strength to break Ultron's adamantium armor)

now onto the more serious fights :
the Fury could give Doomsday a run for his money but he's certainly not far above Doomsday. in fact Doomsday has a chance of winning this in the long run How is Doomsday going to adapt and beat Juggs?

No, Doomsday is not beating Fury, how does he have a chance in the long run?

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Mindset
How is Doomsday going to adapt and beat Juggs?because that's his thing see, he adapts. he always adapts

so question is, what is it about Jug that Doomsday cannot adapt to ?

simple :

- Fury adapts during the fight. that' an advantage in the short run, but problem is it cant afford to be killed
death for Fury = permanent defeat

- Doomsday can be killed (and probably will be the 1st few fights, the Fury's main gun is insanely powerful) but Doomsday will keep coming back even stronger than before
if anything it will give Fury new emotions : anger & frustration big grin

see that's the difference :

what doesn't kill the fury makes it stronger
what kills doomsday makes it stronger

fury cannot afford to be killed : death is final
doomsday can be killed it fact it will count on it

=> Doomsday will win simple cause it cannot lose. it just keeps coming back. basicly it's an even bigger plot device than the Fury big grin

Mindset
no expression

SoulDevourer
http://img.infos-du-net.com/forum/icones/smilies/spamafote.gif

Mindset
I don't know how to ask this w/o you being offended, but how much knowledge do you actually have on DD?

SoulDevourer
only the comics they have in our library big grin

hey what we know is he cant be permanently killed (unless he's thrown back to the beginning of time or something where he's nullified)

he was vaporized by blast from that galactus-ripoff guy (can't rememebr his name) and he recovered even from that

Mindset
He doesn't have to be permanently killed, it's not like he instantly comes back from death.

Placidity
Flight Superpowered characters with sufficient damage output (e.g energy blasts) should always beat non-flight and no-range Superpowered bricks IMO. The only thing is of course PIS/CIS. Like waiting for the opponent to jump onto you like it wasn't totally predictable.

SoulDevourer
He doesn't have to be permanently killed, it's not like he instantly comes back from death. yeah he takes time to come back depending on what killed him
but when (not if) he recovers then it means the fight's not over yet wink
Fury will kill him (sevral times) but its not fight over, just a break

what counts is whose the one ends up dead AND stays dead

Mindset
yeah he takes time to come back depending on what killed him
but when (not if) he recovers then it means the fight's not over yet wink
Fury will kill him (sevral times) but its not fight over, just a break

what counts is whose the one ends up dead AND stays dead No...

So Fury is going to kill him, then wait around until he comes back to life...

That makes no sense at all.

SoulDevourer
No...

So Fury is going to kill him, then wait around until he comes back to life...

That makes no sense at all. no the fury 's gonna think it killed its target (since target is dead)

then Doomsday will come back

then Fury will think <error this does not compute - must rectify>

then Fury will kill him again (with more difficulty)

Doomsday comes back

rince & repeat

or WHAT ELSE is it gonna do when it kills doomsday - keep shooting at the body till its batteries run out ? even that won't do as it will just take Doomsday more time to recover. eventually Doomsday will come back and each time only stronger than before

Mindset
*sigh*

DD dies, it will take time for him to come back.

Fury will not wait around for that to happen. no expression

Not too mention Fury's adaptive ability allows him to become stronger as well...

SoulDevourer
*sigh*

DD dies, it will take time for him to come back.

Fury will not wait around for that to happen. no expression yeah got you the 1st time no expression

so basically Fury shoots DD, DD is killed, then Fury has to keep shooting at DD's corpse...for eternity ??

Mindset
yeah got you the 1st time no expression

so basically Fury shoots DD, DD is killed, then Fury has to keep shooting at DD's corpse...for eternity ?? facepalm

Fury leaves...

SoulDevourer
facepalm

Fury leaves... aaaaah ok i get it now

in other words Fury runs away big grin

(not really a win but hey whatever)

Mindset

Bada's Palin

Dos doomsday had to die in order to adapt.

Endrict Nuul
DOS Doomsday is not taking Juggernaunt. H/P will stalemate him at best.

Stoic
Doomsday will not beat the Fury, and it is uncertain as to whether or not Doomsday comes back more powerful than he did in a previous life; for example Doomsday Rex was probably less powerful than DOS Doomsday.

Enyalus
Just like to point out that 1) DD is not evolving past Juggernaut's magical invulnerability. He's not killing Cain. 2) It takes time for DD to revive after death. Anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. 3) Ultron also compensates and adapts to attacks. And...no one is breaking adamantium short of abstract level.

Stoic
Originally posted by Enyalus
Just like to point out that 1) DD is not evolving past Juggernaut's magical invulnerability. He's not killing Cain. 2) It takes time for DD to revive after death. Anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. 3) Ultron also compensates and adapts to attacks. And...no one is breaking adamantium short of abstract level.

I agree with everything that you said, except for the part about anything less than an abstract being doing serious harm to Ultrons body.

The Hulk crushed Ultrons body with a punch during the Secret Wars. Then again who can say how strong he was when he hit Ultron.

Enyalus
The Hulk crushed Ultrons body with a punch during the Secret Wars. Then again who can say how strong he was when he hit Ultron.

Ah, that's right. He cracked it, didn't he?

Latest versions of Ultron (in Conquest I think, and definitely in Mighty Avengers) showed the ability to adapt to attacks and power. Such as female Ultron calculating Sentry's strength and speed to surpass them. So, latest versions would be a very good match against DD IMO.

Mindset
I agree with everything that you said, except for the part about anything less than an abstract being doing serious harm to Ultrons body.

The Hulk crushed Ultrons body with a punch during the Secret Wars. Then again who can say how strong he was when he hit Ultron. Hulk I believe made a dent, he never crushed Ultron's body.

Red Hulk
And as I recall, that was ret-conned to secondary adamantium...

Mindset
Yea, it was.

SoulDevourer
The Hulk crushed Ultrons body with a punch during the Secret Wars. Then again who can say how strong he was when he hit Ultron. Hulk did damage primary adamantium but it was only a small crack (enough to allow that wasp-chick to slip through)

also Hulk never "crushed" ultron (probably another robot made of secondary adamantium or something. Ultron is made of real adamantium only and that stuff is virtualy indestructible)

kevdude
DD would take it, Apoc got major tech but still don't think it'd be enough..

Galan007
and it is uncertain as to whether or not Doomsday comes back more powerful than he did in a previous life; for example Doomsday Rex was probably less powerful than DOS Doomsday. DD Rex was certiainly more powerful than DoS DD. And DD certainly comes back stronger than he previously was.... That's kind of his thing. Also, DD Rex had been scientifically altered by Luthor/Darkseid. He didn't resurrect 'naturally' - so that may have been what hindered his power.

1) DD is not evolving past Juggernaut's magical invulnerability. Considering some of the things DD has adapted beyond I wouldn't say it's an impossibility for DD to overcome Juggy's invulnerability.

Bada's Palin
Considering some of the things DD has adapted beyond I wouldn't say it's an impossibility for DD to overcome Juggy's invulnerability.

Nimrod did it and as far as I'm concerned Doomsday is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more "advanced"

Enyalus
DD Rex was certiainly more powerful than DoS DD. And DD certainly comes back stronger than he previously was.... That's kind of his thing. Also, DD Rex had been scientifically altered by Luthor/Darkseid. He didn't resurrect 'naturally' - so that may have been what hindered his power.

I disagree totally. DD Rex was probably the weakest incarnation of DD, period. The dude's claws freakin' broke while punching Supes. And Supes was able to speedblitz him (appearing in like four different places while DD was standing still taking the punishment.) DOS DD had enough speed to be equal to or greater than Supes in that department. Now I know that from '93 to '01 Supes had gotten stronger and faster...but, 2x or more faster than before? I don't see it.

Moreover, he had his DNA spliced with Kryptonian DNA so that K-nite would slow him down. To me, DD Rex shouldn't even be considered a real, viable version of DD. He was pathetic.

Originally posted by Galan007 Considering some of the things DD has adapted beyond I wouldn't say it's an impossibility for DD to overcome Juggy's invulnerability.

Those are all, essentially, energy-based attacks. And with the Guardian's power thing, he had a GL ring to help him out. Magic, especially Juggernaut's kind of magic, is something which IMO is completely different from what he's faced.

Galan007
DD Rex was probably the weakest incarnation of DD, period. I disagree.

And with the Guardian's power thing, he had a GL ring to help him out.Having a ring had nothing to do with DD evolving beyond the Guardian's ability to harm him, that I recall.

Magic, especially Juggernaut's kind of magic, is something which IMO is completely different from what he's faced. A matter of perspective. IMO, DD could very well evolve to that degree (not that he'd need to, in order to beat Juggy.)

skyfather
how is dd expected to beat apocalypse without death/evolving

Enyalus
I disagree.

DOS DD is the weakest in your opinion? Or...is there a different one you have in mind?

I think DD could beat Juggy. I just don't see him killing Juggy.

Galan007
DOS DD is the weakest in your opinion? Or...is there a different one you have in mind? It's close, don't get me wrong, but I'd place DD Rex above DoS DD, personally.

I think DD could beat Juggy. I just don't see him killing Juggy. Initially, I agree. However, if the battle went on I could see DD potentially cancelling out Juggy's power. IMO it's not impossible for this to happen.

ToughMind
Originally posted by Bada's Palin
Dos doomsday had to die in order to adapt.

DOS Doomsday adpated to Superman's strength. Remember Superman stated that Doomsday was getting stronger as the fight went on.

Doomsday however, became totally immune to Superman's physical attacks in HP.

Nihilist
Originally posted by ToughMind
DOS Doomsday adpated to Superman's strength. Remember Superman stated that Doomsday was getting stronger as the fight went on.

Doomsday however, became totally immune to Superman's physical attacks in HP. how did he die then.

ToughMind
how did he die then.

I said he ADAPTED to Superman's strength in DOS.

He died by being physically beat by Superman. The fight was made harder because Superman had to fight harder and faster because Doomsday became more relentless as the fight went on.

Bada's Palin
how did he die then.

He didn't die in HP.

Doomsday however, became totally immune to Superman's physical attacks in HP.

not totally immune, just resistant

Nihilist
He didn't die in HP.

not totally immune, just resistant

i was talking about dos,as he died from being beat to death

ToughMind

Cool Thanos sig and avatar!

Nihilist
Cool Thanos sig and avatar! thanks rock

Bada's Palin

Not going to put words into "Toughmind's" mouth, but I think he meant that DoS became incredibly resistant to blunt force, but he was still affected to a certain degree.

Nihilist
Not going to put words into "Toughmind's" mouth, but I think he meant that DoS became incredibly resistant to blunt force, but he was still affected to a certain degree. thats what i thought

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.