Dark Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Warrior18
Who Are the Dark Avengers?
Well let us all discuss Marvel's upcoming new team. Which characters do you think will make up this new team? Below is a picture of the team and Marvel's rather interesting descriptions of them.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3IfqL9DOqoo/SSQbRTMCM5I/AAAAAAAAEU4/BS7FH3uBph4/s1600-h/dark-avengers-20081118033045585.jpg

"What he does isn't very nice."

"Back in black."

"Not such a straight arrow."

"Men fear a powerful woman."

"The greatest hero in the Marvel Universe."

1.Wolverine......I think. I can't think of anyone else based on that pic, save maybe Daken?

2. Spiderman. Yet he does look rather large and somewhat broader than usual in the picture..........I wonder..........

3. Initially I thought it was Bullseye.Then I remembered Clint Barton picking up and using his bow again. It all seems very prophetic in my opinion.Considering his outburst while the team were in the Savage Land early on in the Secret Invasion, made me think this will be a more badass much darker Hawkeye. Or Bullseye wink

4.Moonstone. She is literally powerful and she is also a driven, domineering,power hungry scheming lass. Must be her.

5. Norman Osborne? After the Secret Invasion he will be seen as a hero by the wider public. I just can't imagine Bucky being a Dark Avenger for some reason. Heck maybe Steve Rogers could make a return somehow! But I'm going with Osborne as the darkhorse.

roughrider
The picture is Iron Man(now wearing Cap's chest star? huh ),Wolverine, Hawkeye, Sipder Man in black duds and a retro-looking Miss Marvel.

You think everyone is someone else in those outfits? Like, that's Norman Osborn in the armour?

Battlehammer
......you really think spiderman or wolverine would work for norman?

Battlehammer
that could be venom as well

Bentley
I think they are: Moonstone (as Ms Marvel), Osborn (as Iron-man), Venom, Swordsman (as Wolverine) and Bullseye (as Hawkeye).

Warrior18
Originally posted by Battlehammer
......you really think spiderman or wolverine would work for norman?

Logan working for Norman is definately odd. It's just I can't imagine who else that could be though lol.
That pic most likely to be of Venom of course. It's just ths "Back in black" makes me think of Spidey, even though it would be odd as hell.

Warrior18
Originally posted by Bentley
I think they are: Moonstone (as Ms Marvel), Osborn (as Iron-man), Venom, Swordsman (as Wolverine) and Bullseye (as Hawkeye).

The Thunderbolts basically. That is the obvious choice. I thought Marvel would spring more of a suprise on us though. sad

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Battlehammer
that could be venom as well

Im thinking Eddie Brock as Venom since the tag for the character is "Back in Black".

Priest
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Im thinking Eddie Brock as Venom since the tag for the character is "Back in Black".

His built looks like the Eddie Brock Venom.

Endrict Nuul
Daken has two claws on each hand, so its not him.

Nihilist

i think your spot on.

willRules
This storyline actually looks pretty fun......

Scoobless
I hopes theys is allss wovleriineses!!!

big grin

ExodusCloak
Dark Reign: Black Panther

Spoilers:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/IronMaiden99/Comics%202009/BP1previewA.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/IronMaiden99/Comics%202009/BP1previewB.jpg

GGS
woo Osbourne as a dark version of Iron Man actually is a pretty good idea.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Warrior18
Well let us all discuss Marvel's upcoming new team. Which characters do you think will make up this new team? Below is a picture of the team and Marvel's rather interesting descriptions of them.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3IfqL9DOqoo/SSQbRTMCM5I/AAAAAAAAEU4/BS7FH3uBph4/s1600-h/dark-avengers-20081118033045585.jpg

"Back in black."

1.Wolverine......I think. I can't think of anyone else based on that pic, save maybe Daken?

2. Spiderman. Yet he does look rather large and somewhat broader than usual in the picture..........I wonder..........

3. Initially I thought it was Bullseye.Then I remembered Clint Barton picking up and using his bow again. It all seems very prophetic in my opinion.Considering his outburst while the team were in the Savage Land early on in the Secret Invasion, made me think this will be a more badass much darker Hawkeye. Or Bullseye wink

4.Moonstone. She is literally powerful and she is also a driven, domineering,power hungry scheming lass. Must be her.

5. Norman Osborne? After the Secret Invasion he will be seen as a hero by the wider public. I just can't imagine Bucky being a Dark Avenger for some reason. Heck maybe Steve Rogers could make a return somehow! But I'm going with Osborne as the darkhorse.

Interesting

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Daken has two claws on each hand, so its not him. actually has three, two where logans are, and then the third one under his hand, with the dark lighting and his position it's hard to tell...but daken said he doesnt wear costumes

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
actually has three, two where logans are, and then the third one under his hand, with the dark lighting and his position it's hard to tell...but daken said he doesnt wear costumes

Yes, two on top and one under not all three on top like Logan/what the picture shows.

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Yes, two on top and one under not all three on top like Logan/what the picture shows. well from the lighting you cant be perfectly sure all three claws are on top, but the costume kinda gives it away so it doesnt really matter

BruceSkywalker

"Back in black."

Also I like the Iron Patriot

Warrior18
well from the lighting you cant be perfectly sure all three claws are on top, but the costume kinda gives it away so it doesnt really matter

Could be a red herring though.

DestinyGuy678
Could be a red herring though. yeah you never know...I was hoping the team could be more original though, so hopefully therell be some people we're not expecting

roughrider
It will be funny - after all the dirty work Tony Stark & Carol Danvers did on behalf of the government & the registration law, to see them get pushed aside & replaced by Norman Osborn & Moonstone. What goes around comes around... stick out tongue

Though actually, they might be failing at their jobs in evaluation - that may be the government's position. Tony has multiple secret agendas, that have resulted in World War Hulk & the Secret Invasion. And Carol is not really trying to apprehend anti-reg heroes anymore; SHIELD agents would testify to that for multiple occasions.

ExodusCloak
actually has three, two where logans are, and then the third one under his hand, with the dark lighting and his position it's hard to tell...but daken said he doesnt wear costumes

Pretty much:

Spoiler:
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc81/Dkernx4/4-1.jpg

Battlehammer
that looks pritty cool

Battlehammer
hey why are there two hawlk eyes?

willRules
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Pretty much:

Spoiler:

droolio

There are presumably two Hawkeyes as one is one of the Thunderbolts disguised as Hawkeye (Bullseye)

Also the Spider-man in the Dark Costume is presumably Venom or MVP

Bouboumaster
I don't recognise everyone messed

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
I don't recognise everyone messed

Well the Wolverine imposter is Daken
The Iron Patriot = Norman
Hawkeye = Bullesye probably
Ms. Marvel in her old costume = Moonstone probably
Spiderman in Black = Venom Symbiote who's currently bonded to Speedball/Penance?? I'm not entirely sure about that though.

Darth Vicious
Venom Symbiote who's currently bonded to Speedball/Penance??

Since when? Last we saw of him, Moonstone was going to put him away for good.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Since when? Last we saw of him, Moonstone was going to put him away for good.

I said I wasn't sure... stick out tongue I just assumed they used Venom on him once it debonded from what's his face.

BruceSkywalker
Well the Wolverine imposter is Daken
The Iron Patriot = Norman
Hawkeye = Bullesye probably
Ms. Marvel in her old costume = Moonstone probably
Spiderman in Black = Venom Symbiote who's currently bonded to Speedball/Penance?? I'm not entirely sure about that though.

good spoilers

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
good spoilers

There not really spoilers apart from the Wolverine thing which is obvious from the orientation of the claws in that picture above. The other stuff is just really really good speculation. I put tags over it just in case.

ExodusCloak
And then again the Ms. Marvel Imposter could also be Ultra Girl.

BruceSkywalker
There not really spoilers apart from the Wolverine thing which is obvious from the orientation of the claws in that picture above. The other stuff is just really really good speculation. I put tags over it just in case.

Well you never know what Marvel is thinking

DestinyGuy678
Pretty much:

Spoiler:
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc81/Dkernx4/4-1.jpg it isss daken....I wonder why he changed his mind, I liked his design

Battlehammer
..........really im glad daken kinda sucks maybe they will finally make him cool.

jalek moye
whys sentry still on the team

Red Hulk
Originally posted by jalek moye
whys sentry still on the team I didn't even notice Sentry until you said it...

Anyway, so New Avengers finally goes back to being enjoyable, and not just some minor background information? Sweet!

Scythe
When is it released who they are?

Nihilist
Dark reign interview http://uk.comics.ign.com/dor/objects/14279439/dark-reign-event/videos/marvel_darkreign_part1_120408.html

tkitna
whys sentry still on the team

Somebody on another board said that he was hired to be Normans bodyguard. sad

I dont know how true that is, but it doesnt sound very promising to me.

Scythe
I'd like to know more about this, what's the latest news?

jalek moye
Originally posted by tkitna

sentry is annoying, he was once some great hero tryign to save everubody now hes in it for the money

Phantom Zone

Why the hell would anybody want Sentry as a bodyguard?

tkitna
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Why the hell would anybody want Sentry as a bodyguard?

To keep him in check maybe? He would be nice to have on your team though if he is in his right mind. Not so nice if he's on the other side.

Again, I dont know if this is even true. Its just somebody who told me they heard it from his sisters, boyfriends, mothers friend. It does make a little sense though I suppose.

Over the last year or so, Bendis and a few others have ruined the character beyond belief. Its no secret that people have hated him beforehand because he's basically a DC character in the Marvel Universe, but they may have messed him up beyond repair at this point. He (like others) just needs the right writer.

jalek moye
he went from a superman like charcter to a mercenary.

Scythe
Never even heard of Sentry till the Break Out happened that led to the New Avengers, hmm.

Warrior18

Edit

Warrior18
it isss daken....I wonder why he changed his mind, I liked his design

I knew it was him. eek!

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Scythe
Never even heard of Sentry till the Break Out happened that led to the New Avengers, hmm.

That's about when he was introduced, I think.

Ha Son
sentry is annoying
True.
he was once some great hero
False.

tjcoady
Originally posted by H. S. 6
That's about when he was introduced, I think.

He first appeared in a six issue miniseries by Paul Jenkins, which was actually pretty damn awesome.

Nihilist
why is ares on the dark avengers side in some of the previews

Disappear
nobody knows. these "why" questions that aren't answerable don't really need to be asked. nothing's come out, no reasons have really been given. it's all speculation.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Disappear
nobody knows. these "why" questions that aren't answerable don't really need to be asked. nothing's come out, no reasons have really been given. it's all speculation. nonefist

ExodusCloak
I've never been more interested in the MU Greek Panthenon till now...business suits for the win. I'd say Ares would side with Pluto and Hera.

Bada's Palin
I've never been more interested in the MU Greek Panthenon till now...business suits for the win. I'd say Ares would side with Pluto and Hera.

Ares has already fought Thor alongside Pluto actually D:

Nihilist
I've never been more interested in the MU Greek Panthenon till now...business suits for the win. I'd say Ares would side with Pluto and Hera. herc is one the best books out at the minute

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Bada's Palin
Ares has already fought Thor alongside Pluto actually D:

Damn, I take it Pluto must have been doing something "evil" back then...what himself and Hera are currently doing isn't exactly illegal. In fact they both legally own the majority of shares in Olympus.

Originally posted by Nihilist
herc is one the best books out at the minute

'tis, Pak is putting out some great stuff lately.

Bada's Palin
Damn, I take it Pluto must have been doing something "evil" back then...what himself and Hera are currently doing isn't exactly illegal. In fact they both legally own the majority of shares in Olympus.

'tis, Pak is putting out some great stuff lately.

Thor beat them up.

ExodusCloak
Thor beat them up.

Meh...that sucks. no expression

Did Pluto even put up a good fight?
Hela seems to be getting more respect then him in regards to being invited to sit around the table with a bunch of demon gods.

Bada's Palin
Meh...that sucks. no expression

Did Pluto even put up a good fight?
Hela seems to be getting more respect then him in regards to being invited to sit around the table with a bunch of demon gods.

Pluto is generally out of Thor's league, Thor was afflicted by warrior madness at the time though.

ExodusCloak
Pluto is generally out of Thor's league, Thor was afflicted by warrior madness at the time though.

Cool, that explains it...anyway I hope Hulk doesn't get his book back from Herc anytime soon.

Nihilist
Cool, that explains it...anyway I hope Hulk doesn't get his book back from Herc anytime soon. imo that depends on how well loebs hulk sells

willRules
nobody knows. these "why" questions that aren't answerable don't really need to be asked. nothing's come out, no reasons have really been given. it's all speculation.

Have you even been on these forums before? That's all I do no expression stick out tongue

So back to business, I think it's pretty clear this is Marvel's way of killing off Peter Parker and James Howlett and replacing them with Ben Reilly Kyle Gibney yes

Bada's Palin
Cool, that explains it...anyway I hope Hulk doesn't get his book back from Herc anytime soon.

It'll last until sales drop I guess, so Herc should be covered for a while.

Battlehammer
I am betting that the guy in the venom suit is blood scream

Scythe
Originally posted by H. S. 6
That's about when he was introduced, I think. Oh really? Cool, I thought I had missed his entire backstory. Hope I'm all caught up with him.

Bada's Palin

Really?

I just got up to speed on Hercules and the greek pantheon looks really pathetic. Some blackhaired bimbo held Poseidon hostage at gunpoint, and Namor kneeled before him 10 seconds later? This is a far cry from the jawesome depictions we saw in Ares mini-series.

Bouboumaster
Does the man in center could be Norman Osborn?

Battlehammer
If I am right about venom you all owe me 1000 bucks lol

Disappear
i hate you, will... oh so much.

ExodusCloak
Really?

I just got up to speed on Hercules and the greek pantheon looks really pathetic. Some blackhaired bimbo held Poseidon hostage at gunpoint, and Namor kneeled before him 10 seconds later? This is a far cry from the jawesome depictions we saw in Ares mini-series.

But there's some red haired bimbo in charge of Olympus and in possesion of Zeus's family jewel. I think the underlying plot has me hooked.

Also Hercules's cluelessness is something that's quite entertaining and well written IMO.

Besides the next issue is awesome by default. shifty

Bada's Palin
But there's some red haired bimbo in charge of Olympus and in possesion of Zeus's family jewel. I think the underlying plot has me hooked.

Also Hercules's cluelessness is something that's quite entertaining and well written IMO.

Besides the next issue is awesome by default. shifty

uhuh

I can't take any more of the Hercules wanking, it's exactly the reason why I started despising the Hulk as well. Cho is getting worse by the minute. The only reason why the Hercules book exists seems to be to elevate a particular character's reputation whilst demeaning a lot of other characters in the process.

I mean, how much more crap can Ares take?

willRules
i hate you, will... oh so much.

...but I love you, in a purely homoerotic way. Wait, what? confused

roughrider
Pretty much:

Spoiler:

If Sentry & Ares are on the other side, the New Avengers better get Thor & Hercules on speedial; fast.

Priest
Thor pretty much made it clear to ironman that he wants no part of the Avengers.

Bouboumaster
Hulk would smash these puny noise men.

Wei Phoenix
Pretty much:

Spoiler:

I love the angle Bucky is holding the gun. Side angle shooting? Must've picked that up from the hood.

Phantom Zone

LOL Zeus has had a sex change. Everyones doing it! laughing out loud

Scythe
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
LOL Zeus has had a sex change. Everyones doing it! laughing out loud

Yeah that seemed weird to me, especially with Loki, what the hell?

-K-M-
Uh oh looks like Omega Flight might be bitting the dust?...seriously? haha

http://creative.myspacecdn.com/groups/_mcb/mycupojoe/week034/img/ma21page13lr.jpg

SevenShackles
Originally posted by -K-M-
Uh oh looks like Omega Flight might be bitting the dust?...seriously? haha

http://creative.myspacecdn.com/groups/_mcb/mycupojoe/week034/img/ma21page13lr.jpg

that the scarlet witch?

-K-M-
I assume so or why else would US Agent remain unharmed

tkitna
Sure looks like Wandas back.

tjcoady

I think it is true in a sense, as confirmed by the Dark Reign special this week.

But it's the VOID not the Sentry.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by tjcoady
I think it is true in a sense, as confirmed by the Dark Reign special this week.

But it's the VOID not the Sentry.

Buddy, I hate to be the one to break this to you....

But it's the same person laughing out loud

srankmissingnin
Seemed like Wolverine was calling the shots for the New Avengers in 48.

-K-M-
Sure looks like Wandas back.

Yeah it's her

TricksterPriest
****........I hate Scarlet *****. thumb down

Bentley
Team pic:

http://www.marvel.com/i/content/st/6572new_storyimage2034767_full.jpg

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
****........I hate Scarlet *****. thumb down

They need to kill her already

Bouboumaster
Ares, Sentry, Norman Osborn, Daken...

Who are the others?

Bentley
Marvelboy, the rest I'm not sure.

roughrider
Team pic:

You know every artist seems to draw Sentry's costume a little differently? The shape of the 'S' - sometimes the belt is like a half-circle girdle - some artists even give him blue shorts on the outside.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Ares, Sentry, Norman Osborn, Daken...

Who are the others?

Venom, Bullseye and Moonstone?

BruceSkywalker
hopefully this will be a good series

ExodusCloak
Team pic:

So

Thor is going to fight them

Looks like people are finally getting what they want.

Wei Phoenix
So

Thor is going to fight them

Looks like people are finally getting what they want.

What happened to her Warbird outfit?

Cartesian Doubt
That's a pretty uber team by Marvel standards.
There aren't going to be many Marvel villains, who are going to able to match the power of Moonstone, Sentry, Ares and Marvel Boy. They're basically team busters, when written at full power. Not to mention Iron Goblin and the Wolverine wannabe. Who the hell is Daken btw ?

I really wished i cared about Marvel at the moment. This new concept has got a lot of potential, reminds me of Storm-watch, and D.C. before I.C. Everything, has taken a "darker" turn. I think Bendis comes up with some great ideas for storylines, but his execution never lives uptoi ex[pectations. Also he couldn't write <mediocre fight scen, if his life depended on it. As i said, i wish i cared more about Marvel characters. They've got some potentially great books out at the moment; X men, Captain America, This New Avengers team, the other Avenger teams, Incredible Hercules, etc. I just don't really care for Marvel mythology. Its just not as grand and escapist as D.C.'s.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
What happened to her Warbird outfit?

That's Moonstone, presumably the Ms. Marvel outfit is tacky.

Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
That's a pretty uber team by Marvel standards.
There aren't going to be many Marvel villains, who are going to able to match the power of Moonstone, Sentry, Ares and Marvel Boy. They're basically team busters, when written at full power. Not to mention Iron Goblin and the Wolverine wannabe. Who the hell is Daken btw ?

I really wished i cared about Marvel at the moment. This new concept has got a lot of potential, reminds me of Storm-watch, and D.C. before I.C. Everything, has taken a "darker" turn. I think Bendis comes up with some great ideas for storylines, but his execution never lives uptoi ex

Daken is Wolverine's son.

I'm getting the first 3 issues because of Le Fey and Doom...Hell Hath no Fury like a women scorned.

AlmightyKfish
Their first major fight in comics ( I guess) is going to end with them getting owned.

I mean, Current Thor >>> that team combined.

Anyone seen the cover for Dark Avenger's #3 or #4, can't remember which, but it looks like they're going after Doom..

Wei Phoenix
That's Moonstone, presumably the Ms. Marvel outfit is tacky.

Seems like you are correcting me left and right today. So why does she look like Ms. Marvel?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Their first major fight in comics ( I guess) is going to end with them getting owned.

Anyone seen the cover for Dark Avenger's #3 or #4, can't remember which, but it looks like they're going after Doom..

Thor vs Shocker and Deadpool?

ExodusCloak
Seems like you are correcting me left and right today. So why does she look like Ms. Marvel?

No worries, I just happen to have no life at the moment...going back to college next week and should be able to drive next week as well since my arms a lot better.

They're Normans Dark Avengers, I presume they've taken the Avengers identities since the Thunderbolts weren't very popular with public opinion. You have Bullseye as Hawkeye there.

ExodusCloak

I think they're going to Latveria to save him from Morgan Le Fey. Cover may be misleading.

Wei Phoenix
No worries, I just happen to have no life at the moment...going back to college next week and should be able to drive next week as well since my arms a lot better.

They're Normans Dark Avengers, I presume they've taken the Avengers identities since the Thunderbolts weren't very popular with public opinion. You have Bullseye as Hawkeye there.

Didn't Osborne order one of the TBolts to kill Moonstone and that other guy sacrificed his life for her? Who's in the spidey suit? Coul it be...BEN REILLY?!

willRules
Or one of the MVP clone thingys from Avengers Initiative.....

AlmightyKfish
Or Venom....

Thor vs Shocker and Deadpool?

Noone beats Deadpool and Shocker. You've have seen my arguments why on that Storm thread.

I think they're going to Latveria to save him from Morgan Le Fey. Cover may be misleading.

Probably, I just wanted to see Doom kick some ass. He hasn't done much since Sentry owned him =/

Wei Phoenix
how could that be venom? Eddie is currently Anti-Venom and that doesn't look like Gargan.

AlmightyKfish
The symbiote can change shapes remember.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Buddy, I hate to be the one to break this to you....

But it's the same person laughing out loud

I understand that.

Doesn't mean it's the same personality.

Wei Phoenix
The symbiote can change shapes remember.

That I forgot. Thanks.

Badabing
Does anyone know who that woman was waiting as Doom left the helicopter?

jalek moye
Originally posted by Badabing
Does anyone know who that woman was waiting as Doom left the helicopter?
Morgan la Fey?

Badabing
Morgan la Fey? That's it. Thanks man.

Priest
Wats Morgans beef with Doom?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Priest
Wats Morgans beef with Doom?

The Mighty Avengers #9-#11

Priest
I havent been reading MA for some time, I think the last one I read was when Doom got owned by Sentry.,,I'll check it out..thanks.
Edit:
LOl i did read those..I forgot erm

Priest

Bentley
The team had not much surprises, its pretty much what people said it would be after looking at the covers.

willRules
It was a very predictable issue. Read just like Thunderbolts. Nonetheless it looks very cool and since Thunderbolts is taking a much darker tone, it's nice to see Marvel has found a new place for them...as the premiere super team!

I'm itching to see their interaction with the wider Marvel universe. Can't wait to see New Avengers #50 where they fight. Hopefully we'll get to see Bullseye/Hawkeye vs Hawkeye/Ronin rock

jalek moye
I cant wait till Thor solos them

Priest
Where is Thor, and Asgurd?
And Whats up with QuickSilver? erm

jalek moye

Thor and asgard are in oklahomoa

BruceSkywalker
the first issue wasn't bad..

I was expecting something a little better, but still a decent issue

tjcoady

Quicksilver has apparently been captured by Mordred (son of Morgan Le Fay) and possessed by Chton.

m.ramius
I know this is a stupid question, but I've been out of the game for a while.

The guy putting this team together is supposed to be the Green Goblin?

Bentley
I cant wait till Thor solos them

Yep, Thor owning Ares and Sentry will be nice. The rest of the team is not all that to brag about.

Originally posted by m.ramius
I know this is a stupid question, but I've been out of the game for a while.

The guy putting this team together is supposed to be the Green Goblin?

Yep, Osborn became the chief of the Thunderbolts and now he is the boss of the new S.H.I.E.L.D.

It seems that Ms. Marvel is going to face Marvelboy soon. I hope to see some Noh-varr goodness soon (one of the new characters I like the most).

m.ramius
None of these guys seems like really nice people lol. Is Osborn's agenda really to help the world?

Also, why does someone have to dress-up like Spiderman and the others? Why not just use the real Spiderman and others?

As you can tell, I need some more of the background story of all this lol big grin

Bentley
Osborn will help himself, and probably the world too if that gets in between, he has an agenda to gain power and benefits, and he is allying himself with Loki, Doctor Doom and the Hood to do it.

As Osborn wants to do a team he can control and use to do any kind of thing he needs, killing included, he couldn't pick up heroes who wouldn't comply to his desires. The public will probably think that the heroes next to him are the real Spider-man, Hawkeye or Wolverine; those are good names to use, at the same time he affects the public opinion on his enemies.

This is all pretty recent, just read the Thunderbolts after Civil War and you will learn what you need about Osborn, the rest is recent and picking up the Dark Avengers comics would suffice.

m.ramius
Alright cool, one last question. Why don't the real heroes speak up and say..."Uh, that's not us!"?

willRules
Originally posted by m.ramius
Alright cool, one last question. Why don't the real heroes speak up and say..."Uh, that's not us!"?

Well cos although the American gov have a strong influence technically the hierarchy goes like this....

SHIELD>>>>GOVERNMENTS>>>MEDIA Outlets.

And Osborn is now in control of SHIELD which he has renamed HAMMER. Osborn controls the world peace keeping organisation therefore indirectly controlling media and police. If you step out of line you could be arrested. Plus Civil War restructured the Marvel Universe sooo significantly. Cap was against superhuman registration, partially because it meant operating within a system where the heroes were answerable to higher power. To shoot down Cap's argument Iron-man made himself that higher power, Director of SHIELD and became the leader of the superhuman community. Civil War changed the MU because it allowed one hero to be in charge of everyone else.

Now, post Civil War and Secret Invasion, post Cap's death, Cap's argument has been realised as Iron-man is a wanted man and Osborn has replaced him.

So effectively speaking up against Osborn is like us waging a one man war with our government and all it's resources and many heroes, with public opinion against us. All the super powers mean diddly squat when using them is illegal if you aren't one of Osborn's foot-soldiers. yes

Final Blaxican
Wow.

That's... actually very good writing. Reminds me of Return of the Sith.

willRules
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Wow.

That's... actually very good writing. Reminds me of Return of the Sith.

yes Yeah, well it's very interesting for people like me who loved Civil War but supported Cap. Whilst neither side was openly stressed as the right side by Marvel, the major problem with Tony's side is you needed someone trustworthy to hold the registration list, like preferably Cap. Cap was against it cos it might get into the wrong hands. Now because Tony won the argument but Osborn got into power, Cap would be saying "I told you so" right about now....

Superherovandal
Basically Dark Reign is the effects of Civil War gone bad. It's the worst case scenario what all the anti-reg heroes feared. But its basically like Marvel's version of when Luthor became president.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Basically Dark Reign is the effects of Civil War gone bad. It's the worst case scenario what all the anti-reg heroes feared. But its basically like Marvel's version of when Luthor became president.

Man, that could have been so cool- so many interesting stories. But it seem they hardly used it, other than that one time Batman broke into the White House with Lois to steal Luthor's ring, and a couple of other times.

Badabing
Anyone read the latest Mighty Avengers? I thought it was better than the 1st Dark Avengers.

Nihilist
Anyone read the latest Mighty Avengers? I thought it was better than the 1st Dark Avengers. hank and cho's convo was great

Bentley
Anyone read the latest Mighty Avengers? I thought it was better than the 1st Dark Avengers.

I agree, Dan Slott writes good Avengers.

willRules
Meh it was interesting, Don't know if I preferred it to Dark Avengers. It was certainly much more innovative and had a fun silver agey/classic avengers feel, but I love the Thunderbolts and Dark Avengers felt like that on a larger level.

WhiteWitchKing
This issue was fantastic. Loved the portrayals of everyone in it especially Ares, Ms Marvel, and Dr Doom. Doom especially when that soldier asked for a photo/autograph (I forgot) only for the Doctor menancingly stair him down. LOL. Reminds me of that Iron Man movie scene where the soldier ask Stark for an auto graph.

Definately looking forward to the next issues of DA seeing as how Morgan Le Fay wants Dr Doom's head.

DA #4 looks to be quite interesting
http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale/covers/0409/DRKAVEN004_cov_col_sm.jpg

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=11545

Priest
Ah, I dont want to see Doom get his ass kicked by Osborn erm

Newjak
Did anybody else see Ares' kill count in War Machine
shock

The Nuul
Count who? CN?

BlackZero30x
I personally love the dark avengers and can not wait until the next issue

SamZED
Ah, I dont want to see Doom get his ass kicked by Osborn erm Remember the comibooks golden rule. Book's cover is always the opposite of whats going to happen.

Cartesian Doubt
I don't know why I can't get on this band wagon. It has all the hallmarks of an epic new era, like the one D.C. was going through just before Infinity Crisis. It just can't see it being more than a massive anti climax, when Brian Bendis is its main advocate. Also think Marvel suffers from being too convoluted. I.e. I see Marvel as three or four separate universes; The Avengers/Fantastic Four, X men, The Cosmic, Spider man. Although they interact, its always pretty abrupt and usually irrelevant. I think this whole Norman Osbourne = J Edgar Hoover is a great idea, but i just can't see it being anything more than a disappointment.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
I don't know why I can't get on this band wagon. It has all the hallmarks of an epic new era, like the one D.C. was going through just before Infinity Crisis. It just can't see it being more than a massive anti climax, when Brian Bendis is its main advocate. Also think Marvel suffers from being too convoluted. I.e. I see Marvel as three or four separate universes; The Avengers/Fantastic Four, X men, The Cosmic, Spider man. Although they interact, its always pretty abrupt and usually irrelevant. I think this whole Norman Osbourne = J Edgar Hoover is a great idea, but i just can't see it being anything more than a disappointment.
me too. like how much of a dissapointment secret invasion was, i didn't change any past stuff like they claimed. all that happened was norman in power and stark on the run

all will be forgiven if spidey takes down norman though big grin

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>