Current Karate Kid vs Shaw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endrict Nuul
Please give yor reasons and just not 1-3 words.

Who wins?

Bada's Palin
Shaw-can-absorb-kinetic-energy

Harbinger
Originally posted by Bada's Palin

snoopdogg
Pressure-points?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Bada's Palin

Endrict Nuul
If KK fast and light enough to use his pressure-points attacks than he wouldnt make a lot of kinetic energy.

psycho gundam
funniest fight of all time.

and.......Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
If KK fast and light enough to use his pressure-points attacks than he wouldnt make a lot of kinetic energy. LULZ! without kinetic energy being transfered normally, his best blows won't do jack shit.

this is a colossus vs magneto fight, a 1 sided affair.

Val-E-Doosh
Can't see KK losing to some dude named Sebastian.

Badabing
Originally posted by Val-E-Doosh
Can't see KK losing to some dude named Sebastian. laughing out loud

I may need to quote this in my sig.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Val-E-Doosh
Can't see KK losing to some dude named Sebastian. dude wears ben franklin gear on at all times and still whoops x-men ass with a smile on his face, that's pretty bad ass if you ask me.

Val-E-Doosh
He's done well for a Sebastian. Still, at the end of the day I see KK forcing Seabass to file his taxes for him.

psycho gundam
nah, kk innocently juices up shaw thinking it's a done deal since shaw would be standing in front of him without guarding and pointing at his chin smirking.

after a combo gets absorbed and shaw's shirt pops off, the schooling begins.

jrodslam
If KK applies pressure points to Shaw, depending on whilch ones he uses, it will have little to no impact at all. With that said, depending on what he uses, he wouldnt amp Sebastian in the slightest. Ofcourse KK wouldnt even know about Shaws powers till he got hit and have Shaw explain it to him.

This is hard to call. If KK feels Shaw is a type of powerhouse, he may very well try to apply pressure points and avoid Shaws attacks.

Cavalier
KK splits the ground and Shaw falls through.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by jrodslam
If KK applies pressure points to Shaw, depending on whilch ones he uses, it will have little to no impact at all. With that said, depending on what he uses, he wouldnt amp Sebastian in the slightest. Ofcourse KK wouldnt even know about Shaws powers till he got hit and have Shaw explain it to him.

This is hard to call. If KK feels Shaw is a type of powerhouse, he may very well try to apply pressure points and avoid Shaws attacks. almost all martial arts have a "fatal stroke" technique, the common denominator is they're all blows. with the kinetic energy muffled, the pressure point strikes are less than pokes.

for instance, right now stand up and just tap yourself with your thumb where your ribs meet at the very bottom of your sternum. kinda hurts right? well a hard body blow in that area can put a man down even though he still wants to kick your ass, it's just biology, but the poke you experienced will do nothing to that extent... that's less then shaw will feel. (minus the feeling of getting powered up)

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Cavalier
KK splits the ground and Shaw falls through. {double post alert} ok, that's a possible outcome, but kk lacks the strength to pull the crust back together to actually cause him any harm. in actuality, tumbling down a narrow chasm might just give shaw what he needs also, plus he will have the strength to pull himself back up to the surface and pay val back for ruining his obviously custom clothing.

cloud102
Interesting fight. Val will find a weakness, though. Or simply create an earthquake and bury Shaw. Or he can just place him in a hold.

jrodslam
Originally posted by psycho gundam
almost all martial arts have a "fatal stroke" technique, the common denominator is they're all blows. with the kinetic energy muffled, the pressure point strikes are less than pokes.

for instance, right now stand up and just tap yourself with your thumb where your ribs meet at the very bottom of your sternum. kinda hurts right? well a hard body blow in that area can put a man down even though he still wants to kick your ass, it's just biology, but the poke you experienced will do nothing to that extent... that's less then shaw will feel. (minus the feeling of getting powered up)

What i was getting at is if KK uses a pressure strike, the kinetic energy will be so minimal, Shaw may not even absorb it to increase his strength. Because KK is in the higher bracket of MA's and Shaws skin isnt extra durable, much pressure doesnt have to be applied in order for the attack to work. I just dont see Shaw being able to power up from a pressure point attack due to its lack of power/force.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by jrodslam
What i was getting at is if KK uses a pressure strike, the kinetic energy will be so minimal, Shaw may not even absorb it to increase his strength. Because KK is in the higher bracket of MA's and Shaws skin isnt extra durable, much pressure doesnt have to be applied in order for the attack to work. I just dont see Shaw being able to power up from a pressure point attack due to its lack of power/force. and what pressure immobilizing pressure point techniques do you speak of?

i mean, pressure is the magic word here man.

Val-E-Doosh
{double post alert} ok, that's a possible outcome, but kk lacks the strength to pull the crust back together to actually cause him any harm. in actuality, tumbling down a narrow chasm might just give shaw what he needs also, plus he will have the strength to pull himself back up to the surface and pay val back for ruining his obviously custom clothing.
Do you think Val is going to allow Sebastian to lay a hand on his custom clothing? He's way too pimp for that.

Cavalier
{double post alert} ok, that's a possible outcome, but kk lacks the strength to pull the crust back together to actually cause him any harm. in actuality, tumbling down a narrow chasm might just give shaw what he needs also, plus he will have the strength to pull himself back up to the surface and pay val back for ruining his obviously custom clothing. Meh. He can just leave Shaw down there, or knock over something else to cover it. Or move more slabs of ground to cover it up, or something else plot-device-ish.

Stoic
Originally posted by Cavalier
Meh. He can just leave Shaw down there, or knock over something else to cover it. Or move more slabs of ground to cover it up, or something else plot-device-ish.

Won't tons of debris turn Shaw into a monster? Magneto threw debris on Shaw, and a similar scenario happened so I don't see how it wouldn't apply to this one as well.

Tazer
Yo.

KK grapples him down FTW; Shaw cant get amped if he/s not being hit.

Tazer

Mindset
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

KK grapples him down FTW; Shaw cant get amped if he/s not being hit.

Tazer Trying to grapple with Shaw will create kinetic energy.

Enyalus
Shaw's a master martial arts combatant, too. Not on KK's level, but no slouch.

Shaw's also taken Wolverine's claws to the back of his neck...which I assume would've cut his spinal cord, or vertabrae, or other important stuff, and was just fine afterwards.

So I don't see a pressure point strike or two working.

cloud102
Val probably cuts off his arms for fun. wink Seriously there isn't anyone in western comics that is on Val's level of MA skill.

Bentley
Originally posted by cloud102
Val probably cuts off his arms for fun. wink Seriously there isn't anyone in western comics that is on Val's level of MA skill.

Because we all know that Goku would school Val.

Surtur
Thing is tho, Shaw should start out at normal durability. So what happens if he gets hit with a punch packing much more force than his body can normally take at the time? I know when he wakes up he punches the wall for a couple minutes to amp himself up, if he gets hit with too much force before he's strong enough won't it kill him?

Originally posted by Bentley Because we all know that Goku would school Val.

Goku schools Val in an eating contest. Otherwise Val makes him his b*tch.

snoopdogg
Shaw does not start out with normal durability. His durability is always high, that's why he can take massive punches, explosions, falls, etc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.