S03E11 - The Eclipse - Part 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_D_J
Official Episode Preview

The eclipse continues to impact the Heroes' abilities as Elle and Sylar face off against a vengeful H.R.G. while Claire struggles to survive. In Haiti, Peter and Nathan join forces with the Haitian to battle the Haitian's brother, Baron Samedi, and Nathan comes to a shocking decision. In the meantime, Ando, Sam and Frack work hard to get Hiro's memory back with the help of the "9th Wonders" comic books at a local comic bookstore.

The Eclipse - Part 2 Preview

8sLMhvBI5Jk

The Eclipse - Pt 2 Canadian Preview

LAYFYK3VHEU

Discuss...

S_D_J

Blue_Hefner
Tracy' dies??? Yes!!!!

S_D_J
spoiler tags please...

and no, I don't think Tracy dies... Daphne on the other hand.....

NonSensi-Klown
If Elle dies. Then this show will once more be worthless.

Gideon
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
If Elle dies. Then this show will once more be worthless.

Bullshit. I love Elle, but HRG is the glue that holds this show together.

S_D_J
Anyone else rooting for HRG to kill Sylar?... I know it won't happen... but wouldn't it be sweet!?...

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by Gideon
Bullshit. I love Elle, but HRG is the glue that holds this show together.

He's too badass for me to like him.

Strangelove
If Elle dies. Then this show will once more be worthless. that's quite a bold statement to make, seeing as she's never contributed anything monumental to the show.

Entity
Well Kristen Bell is Hot and a great actress so I don't want her gone. As for Traci on the other hand, they've done killed one character and kept Ali Larter on the show so I doubt they'd be gettin rid of her anytime soon unless they just replace with Barbra after Traci.

I'd love to see Noah kill Sylar while he's powerless. His character has become a disgrace to what it once was.

But no it won't happen and I like Daphne so my money's on her being the one to fall since I don't see Heroes losing Kristen Bell and know they wouldn't dare kill Claire!

Gideon
As long as HRG doesn't die, I don't give a damn.

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by Strangelove
that's quite a bold statement to make, seeing as she's never contributed anything monumental to the show.

Yeah she did. Quite a bit actually. More so than people like, say, Peter. erm

Gideon

Amen.

Peter's a moron. It's great that he's an idealist who has the best of intentions, but he's a cosmic screw up. Even the so-called "Badass Peter" from the future was verbally spanked by his mother for coming back to the past.

There's no excuse for that level of stupidity. I'd appreciate Peter more if he didn't think and just did what he was told rather than assume he's on par with the truly great thinkers of the show.

Sylar manages to possess great power and intelligence. Maybe he is the pinnacle of the Petrelli line.

S_D_J
Sprint Sneek Peek:

- Hiro and Ando at Sam's Comic-book Store
zsv8FGNvpOk

Quincy

huh

Strange statement.

NonSensi-Klown
No, it's not.

Gideon explained it quite well. Peter contributes homosexuality (and not the good kind of homosexuality) and fail to the series. Elle contributes badassery and electric manipulation (which I've always liked the most) to the show. Thus, her contributions are better... and more. Peter actually gives negative contribution.

starlock
Kill Kristen Bell,and for the love of all that is good...kill sylar allready,...wont happen! but i can wish cant i?.......my interest has fallen into the.."i dont care anymore" realm...so i really wont be bothered much by what happens....but i think the show can be brought back to its best days....i just dont think it will happen before the cancelation of the show comes around.

Mairuzu
my guess is, claire will die but the eclipse will go away and then she'll return back to life...

Vera21
They said a romance was ending because of this blonde death, so it can't be Claire unless West shows up. ermm

Mairuzu
Still hoping for Tracy.

Quincy
Originally posted by Mairuzu
my guess is, claire will die but the eclipse will go away and then she'll return back to life...

I think I read that somewhere

Endrict Nuul
Bennett kicks ass, by far my fav character.

Endrict Nuul
About time Hiro did something right.

And Sylar is back to his old self again.

Gideon
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul

A-****ing-men.

Words cannot capture the badassery of Noah Bennet. In the previous episode, he simply kicked Sylar and Elle's asses. In this episode? They were gripped with total fear. As Elle herself puts it: "Without our powers, Bennet is the powerful one." He is a god amongst mortals. Two of the most ruthless and capable killers on the show ran from this man in complete fear.

There can be no discussion. No one on this show is as dangerous, intelligent, or hardcore as Noah Bennet. When Sylar does get his powers back, his first priority is to "end the cat and mouse game." It's not a prolonged execution. He knows what Bennet is capable of and opts to try to kill him ASAP.

Peter's a joke. Utterly. Noah Bennet all the way. Jack Coleman is the man.

Blue_Hefner

Agreed. Sylar and elle were pawned. smokin'

NonSensi-Klown
... so which chick died?

Captain REX
Elle.

Strangelove
I think the show's coming together great now.

Elite Hunter
I hope what Bennet said to Sylar at the end of the show is true.

starlock
The show had more good moments then bad........and it seemed to be on the right track....but several things.......Kill sylar allready...he nearly ruins the show for me at this point, and give peter his power's back...its getting tiresome....and the turn around of people's characters is getting stupid and utterly boring...one episode they are this way and the next...they are that way...build up a characters reason to be over time....and destroy it in half an episode...and these villains are so un-interesting....Noah is the man though and he is a great character that holds the show together....i did like matt and hiro story this time around

Shadow_King
i was just wondering how did hiro get his time travelling ability back??

Entity
OMG! Heroes was actually,

GOOD!

shrug

shock_oh_a Wow!

Lol actually last night was a huge surprise. I'm guessing this has gotta be the first episode written after the Loeb stuff. I was so happy by the end and everyone was back to being who they are suppose to be. It all made sense again for the first time in so long.

Was really hoping that maybe the eclipse would grant Peter his old powers back but figured it was a long shot. Just kinda really get high hopes about it when Sylar and Claire when down and then Mohinder was knocking on Mya's door. Figured Peter'd get shot or something too and discover his powers were back but heh oh well. He still looked cool on next week's preview. And whats with Nathan? He has a moment of almost seemingly complete redemption and a chance to really start to do the right thing like Peter and just goes retarded thinking the dumbest thing is the solution.

Still a great ep thou, I hated losing *cough* you know at the end.
But on the brightest side of the ep.

SYLAR'S BACK!!! w00t

And god let what Bennet said be true! I just knew it was as soon as I heard it.

Wow I'm still just so happy, excited and psyched about Heroes again. Finally a change to return to its former glory. I just really hope it doesn't disappoint anymore.

Entity
Originally posted by Shadow_King
i was just wondering how did hiro get his time travelling ability back?? They all got it with the eclipse ending.

But how he just suddently handled Sylar and Elle when he's suppose to have the mind of a 10 year old and can barely even face Sylar when he's normal baffels me too. mmm

AlmightyKfish
Bennet once again owned Sylar.

Pity it didn't last.

Although, if Sylar (season 1 Sylar) is back and we have no more pissy Gabriel, I'm happy.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Entity
They all got it with the eclipse ending.

But how he just suddently handled Sylar and Elle when he's suppose to have the mind of a 10 year old and can barely even face Sylar when he's normal baffels me too. mmm

He acts like a kid. Thus he does childish things/doesnt care etc....about stuff he doesn't want to do. But like any kid, once they set their mind on something they have to do it or have it. There is no adult stuff in the way like saying should I do or not do because its right or wrong. He a kid, so either doesnt want to do or he has to do it, the grey area is not there. But this will change once he back to normal, I dont like the old Hiro because hes a useless titt. I hope this new come back is a change for the better.

Gideon
Originally posted by Captain REX
Elle.

Wanna see your reaction to this episode.

Vinny Valentine
Sylar's back, and that might fix this season.

Captain REX
Bennet's revelation to Sylar was what I had been thinking after how stretched it seemed with the senior Petrellis. Their stories, while they were convincing, seemed too convenient. But I wasn't sure so I didn't say anything about it; it could have been true, after all.

I like that the scene with Seth Green kind of explained what is up with the comics. I'm assuming that in the months following the death of Isaac Mendez, he had other comics that were ready for print. Good to hear that we're onto the last one.

Bennet still kicks ass. Claire and Sylar returning seemed predictable but it added to the drama.

Elle dying was COMPLETELY unexpected on my part. I'm not sure how Sylar regressed so damn fast, but I was kind of hoping he'd just go 'Oh, well, I'm bad, but you can run away.' He already has that power, after all.

Matt and Daphne's scenes were well done. I've always liked Matt.

SpaceMonkey

Still a great ep thou, I hated losing *cough* you know at the end.
But on the brightest side of the ep. B]

I don't Sylar finished the job at the end. We will see that character again... just a thought.

Quincy
I thought this episode was better than the rest of the season so far. I hope thats an indication of where the show is going from now on.

Agreed with everyone who says how badass Bennet is. It's too bad Sylar didn't stay dead, that lame bastard. And he did become evil again pretty instantaneously. All it took was HRG saying "they aren't your parents!" and he was like "KILL FEST!"

I hate to say it, but i think that Parkman's story has gotten weak, and unfortunately, grunny doesn't seem to be up to par with his acting these past two episodes.

I dig Nathan. I think he will make a capable villain. I liked heroes season 1 when it seemed like Nathan would eventually become a main villain, and he'd have a sweet showdown with Peter.

Also:

Woah! Daphne was handicapped? That's totally NOT LIKE THAT SHOW LOST!!!! WITH LOCKE AND A WHEELCHAIR.

Lost Kicks All Available Heroes Ass.

NonSensi-Klown
Elle.

I cried when I saw it. sad

On the inside. But srsly, god damn it.

Strangelove
They all got it with the eclipse ending.

But how he just suddently handled Sylar and Elle when he's suppose to have the mind of a 10 year old and can barely even face Sylar when he's normal baffels me too. mmm the element of surprise is a force to be reckoned with.

Mairuzu
So since sylar isnt really peter and nathans brother

peter was still called "Uncle peter" in the future awebrow

sylar was obviously changed... they did in fact have a kid... wtf

NonSensi-Klown
Sylar and Peter had a kid?!?!?!?!

RoguePw25
Bennet's revelation to Sylar was what I had been thinking after how stretched it seemed with the senior Petrellis. Their stories, while they were convincing, seemed too convenient. But I wasn't sure so I didn't say anything about it; it could have been true, after all.

I like that the scene with Seth Green kind of explained what is up with the comics. I'm assuming that in the months following the death of Isaac Mendez, he had other comics that were ready for print. Good to hear that we're onto the last one.

Bennet still kicks ass. Claire and Sylar returning seemed predictable but it added to the drama.

Elle dying was COMPLETELY unexpected on my part. I'm not sure how Sylar regressed so damn fast, but I was kind of hoping he'd just go 'Oh, well, I'm bad, but you can run away.' He already has that power, after all.

Matt and Daphne's scenes were well done. I've always liked Matt.

Same for me. Didn't see it coming at all. It's sad, despite things, I really liked her. But I"m with you, I didn't really get why he killed her. He already had her power.

Ordained
WHO HAD A KID???

Oh my poor Elle. She will be missed.

Mairuzu
Sylar had a kid with Elle in the future. Now hes saying he'll never "change for good"

he said he'll always be bad...

but he was clearly good in the future...

makes no sense at all

Endrict Nuul
Maybe the Eclipse never happened when that future took place?

Strangelove
Sylar had a kid with Elle in the future. Now hes saying he'll never "change for good"

he said he'll always be bad...

but he was clearly good in the future...

makes no sense at all Well Sylar himself never saw that future, and he was on the path to good, but he left it srug

BackFire
Glad they killed Elle, too many characters right now, need to kill some off so they can concentrate more on the main characters and create some quick drama with their deaths.

Strangelove
Yeah, she never contributed anything of real value to the story except a whiny character with a wounded ego.

BackFire
She was hot, too.

Unfortunately, not naked.

Darth Exodus
He killed her becuase a) he was pissed that she had been lying and manipulating him and b) He's a 'bad man'.

I liked how they made him revert back to his modus operendi with the killing. He is a serial killer after all.

Ordained
Sylar had a kid with Elle in the future.
oh. sweatdrop i thought that people were saying he and PETER had a son. i was like, "Whhaaaaaaaaat?"

Mairuzu
Maybe the Eclipse never happened when that future took place? .......

how does this make sense, no one can change time to make the eclipse not happen haermm

celestialdemon
Another example of crappy writing. How were Sylar and Claire able to come back to life after they died? That goes against what they wrote earlier this year when future Peter stayed dead.

Mairuzu
I dont like how they tried to "Fix" almost every mistake they made on this single episode...

Was too obvious

Strangelove
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Another example of crappy writing. How were Sylar and Claire able to come back to life after they died? That goes against what they wrote earlier this year when future Peter stayed dead. That's because the bullets were still in his body. He can't heal until they're removed. It's perfectly consistent with the shard of glass in season one.

Claire and Sylar's brains had not died when the eclipse ended and their powers were restored; there's no discrepancy.

Captain REX
Indeed, Sylar's throat was slit and Claire died of infectious trauma... so when the Eclipse ended shortly after they were revived when their powers returned.

Ushgarak
These eclipses do form an odd little mystery. They gave a bunch of people their powers- or awakened, or whatever- but the new one took away powers form everyone, whether they had them before the 1st episode eclipse or not. For something so important I am sur[rised there has not been more attention paid to it. As it is, whilst, yeah, sure HRG got to be badass during this two parter, it seemed extremely pointless in a general storyline sense. Thgey lost their power,s they got them back, and aside from from general philosophical comment on how weak they are without their powers (which... is hardly a revelation) these episodes advanced nothing at all that could not have been done in five minutes in another epsode. I really do wish we had actually learned something of long-term significance about the base mythology of the show- it was an opportunity missed. I am sure they will do it later... but NOW was a good time.

(In fact, Heroes has a lot of run-around circular episodes; I feel they have too many episodes in a series)

And we rather have to assume that such eclipses had never happened before as poor old (and much missed) Adam Munroe would have been doornailed by any previous 'no power' eclipses.

Btw, in all honesty it's not entirely clear why Peter stayed dead in the future. I don't think we can claim consistency with the bullets, especially with Sylar and Claire having been shot also and being fine when their powers kicked in, and Peter has pretty much a very similar power set to Sylar (especially future Peter).

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Btw, in all honesty it's not entirely clear why Peter stayed dead in the future. I don't think we can claim consistency with the bullets, especially with Sylar and Claire having been shot also and being fine when their powers kicked in, and Peter has pretty much a very similar power set to Sylar (especially future Peter). Well, he did get shot when the Haitian was there, but.. after that (when he was on the table next to present peter) i dont know why... maybe they kept injecting him with something.. no idea

Quincy
That's because the bullets were still in his body. He can't heal until they're removed. It's perfectly consistent with the shard of glass in season one.

Claire and Sylar's brains had not died when the eclipse ended and their powers were restored; there's no discrepancy.

OBJECTION!

Season 2. At one point, Peter heals when he is in Ireland in that bar, and even though he has bullets inside him, he heals, and the pop out! I remember it specifically, because all of us watching were like "Oh thats gross man."

S_D_J
I like last episode (part 1), but this one was a disappointment.... what the hell was the point of the eclipse? it came and went... and we went back to how it was before... they tried to un-do some of the mistakes they made, but it was poorly done...

so Sylar sacrificied himself to save Elle... but 10 minutes later he kills her? wtf?... wasn't he in control of his hunger? wasn't he in love with her
Peter was the most innocent, gullible, and down right stupid character in the show... until season 3 Sylar came along... here there was this really great Villain, a really inteligent and resourceful one... that gets played like a puppet by everyone... first Angela tells him he's her son, he doesn't questions it and does everything his told, same with Arthur... and then Bennet tells him is a lie, and then he's back at being bad Sylar, and kills Elle for the same reason... no expression

Nathan was just as bad, I really don't understand his decision, even when Peter tells him how phucked up the future is

Claire was never in danger, so there was really no tension there

HRG being a bad ass was great... he's great at it. period.

The way Hiro used his power was actually clever... and I did like the way Sam explained the 9th Wonders comics... too bad they have to go in search of the last issue... to know what to do next...
Can this people ever do anything without seeing the future???

The whole Eclipse was a waste of time...

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Quincy
OBJECTION!

Season 2. At one point, Peter heals when he is in Ireland in that bar, and even though he has bullets inside him, he heals, and the pop out! I remember it specifically, because all of us watching were like "Oh thats gross man." Haitian wasnt there when he was shot

Quincy
Wait a minute.

Sylar can take powers without killing using empathy right? He has the same power as Peter correct?

celestialdemon
Wait a minute.

Sylar can take powers without killing using empathy right? He has the same power as Peter correct?

That's correct.

Quincy
That's correct.

So how did Peter "Take" Sylar's power?

And then have "The Hunger?"

celestialdemon
That's because the bullets were still in his body. He can't heal until they're removed. It's perfectly consistent with the shard of glass in season one.

t's not consistent with the shard of glass in season one. In that incident, the glass was in Peter's brain, therefore preventing it from accessing his power. Future Peter was shot twice in the chest. However, the Haitian was preventing him from accessing his power. Once the Haitian was removed, he should have revived, just like the glass incident.

How was Claire's brain not dead? It's not like she just died 30 seconds before. She was completely covered with all of her IVs and monitors taken off of her. That's not something hospitals do right away. So she had to be "dead" for at least a good while. Plenty of time for her brain to die.

celestialdemon
So how did Peter "Take" Sylar's power?

And then have "The Hunger?"

Because the hunger was caused by Sylar's intuitive adaptitude, not his empathic mimicry.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Because the hunger was caused by Sylar's intuitive adaptitude, not his empathic mimicry.

Mmm, what lovely pollocks.

RoguePw25
Sounds confusing to me.

I didn't see much point to the eclispe as well. I'm really sad that Elle died, I really liked her. smile Sure Sylar is bad and junk, but geez, would have liked to see a little struggle with his quick regression to wanting to kill. Was kind of interesting seeing him 'attempting' to be different for Elle.

I don't get Nathan's decision to switch sides as well.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by RoguePw25
Sounds confusing to me.

I didn't see much point to the eclispe as well. I'm really sad that Elle died, I really liked her. smile Sure Sylar is bad and junk, but geez, would have liked to see a little struggle with his quick regression to wanting to kill. Was kind of interesting seeing him 'attempting' to be different for Elle.

I don't get Nathan's decision to switch sides as well. From what I understand is, he realized there are a lot of places out there that are being taken over by bad people, and there are a lot of people out there that cant do anything about it.

He wants them to be able to have powers to fight back.

Still a dumb decision

Ushgarak
That's just reciting what he said, it doesn't help anyone 'get' it- because there is nothing to get. It's a completely arbitrary change of mind done for plot reasons rather than as part of any coherent narrative.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by RoguePw25
Sounds confusing to me.

I agree. Doesn't make much sense to me, either, but that's what the writers are trying to feed us with.

Strangelove
t's not consistent with the shard of glass in season one. In that incident, the glass was in Peter's brain, therefore preventing it from accessing his power. Future Peter was shot twice in the chest. However, the Haitian was preventing him from accessing his power. Once the Haitian was removed, he should have revived, just like the glass incident.

How was Claire's brain not dead? It's not like she just died 30 seconds before. She was completely covered with all of her IVs and monitors taken off of her. That's not something hospitals do right away. So she had to be "dead" for at least a good while. Plenty of time for her brain to die. Future Claire most likely shot him in the head, knowing about his ability.

celestialdemon
Future Claire most likely shot him in the head, knowing about his ability.

Which should have blown a nice big hole in his head.

Strangelove
Depending on the kind of bullet.

RoguePw25
Originally posted by Ushgarak
That's just reciting what he said, it doesn't help anyone 'get' it- because there is nothing to get. It's a completely arbitrary change of mind done for plot reasons rather than as part of any coherent narrative.

There ya go. I can understand this. big grin

When will writers realize that the writing is the most essential part of the show.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.