Pink lightsabres (serious question)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chilled monkey
Have there been any characters in the EU who have wielded lightsabres with pink blades?

Off the top of my head I can't think of any.

occultdestroyer
Mace Windu?

Red Nemesis
I thought that Leia had one for a while...

Does it matter?

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Mace Windu?

... do you act retarded on purpose?

I don't think there has been any. However it's not impossible considering we've had even silver lightsabers.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Mace Windu?

No, Mace's sabre had a purple blade, not pink.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
I thought that Leia had one for a while...

I know she had a red one for a time, but pink, I don't know.

Does it matter?

It does to me. I'm curious and I want to know.

Lucien A
Have you Wookieepedia'd it?

kotorfan
Originally posted by Lucien A

wow now its a verb..

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by kotorfan
wow now its a verb..

Websites are the quickest words to transition into verbs that I've yet seen: I use "I'll Youtube it," "I'll Wikipedia it," and "I'll Google it" without a second thought. The internet is among the strongest forces for lexicographic change that I know of.

Also: has anyone noticed that due to the heteronormative behavior of the whole board the OP had to qualify a question about a pink lightsaber with an affirmation that he was serious? Why wouldn't it be a serious question?

Lord Knightfa11
mainly because some people would make "pink lightsabers" with an outline something like this:

So in conclusion, you must write "serious question" above any post so that people won't come in and instantly tell you to STFU and GTFO.

lelivreblanc
I am somewhat surprised to see the term/sociopolitical concept "heteronormativity" may i ask if you are familiar with Judith Butler? Although not certain, I believe the genesis of the word traces back to her earlier work, Gender Trouble. Anyway, I conjecture the unnecessary addendum had to do with a perceived faltering masculinity rather than sexual trepidation, although whether you can truly separate gendered life from sexual desire is a whole different debate.

Lucien A
blink blink blink huh ^

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by lelivreblanc
I am somewhat surprised to see the term/sociopolitical concept "heteronormativity" may i ask if you are familiar with Judith Butler?
I'm embarrassed to say that I've only heard the word in context: I've not read any of her work. A cursory glance over her Wiki-Page suggests that it might be worth reading.
Originally posted by lelivreblanc
Anyway, I conjecture the unnecessary addendum had to do with a perceived faltering masculinity rather than sexual trepidation, although whether you can truly separate gendered life from sexual desire is a whole different debate.

My point was that the lack of confidence in masculinity was because of the heteronormative behavior of the board. If one is so intimidated by the imagined blow-back of a potentially "queer" question, in this case about the color pink, then we must ask ourselves whether the OP'ers social conditioning offline was the motivation, or if the close mindedness of the board itself gave rise to the qualification. If the former then we can bemoan the current homophobia rampant in today's America, without any introspection as to our own behavior. One can see why this is the more attractive option. My fear is that the (even subconscious) message and atmosphere in this part of KMC is leading to a subtle exclusion of members whose personal identity is even remotely misaligned with the current standard of posters, who all seem to be heterosexual males. While this is a majority, both on the internet and in real life, I wouldn't want my membership in a certain vocal majority to ostracize anyone simply by dint of my differing worldview.

Captain REX
Okay, this can all be discussed in the General Discussion section.

chilled monkey

My point was that the lack of confidence in masculinity was because of the heteronormative behavior of the board. If one is so intimidated by the imagined blow-back of a potentially "queer" question, in this case about the color pink, then we must ask ourselves whether the OP'ers social conditioning offline was the motivation, or if the close mindedness of the board itself gave rise to the qualification. If the former then we can bemoan the current homophobia rampant in today's America, without any introspection as to our own behavior. One can see why this is the more attractive option. My fear is that the (even subconscious) message and atmosphere in this part of KMC is leading to a subtle exclusion of members whose personal identity is even remotely misaligned with the current standard of posters, who all seem to be heterosexual males. While this is a majority, both on the internet and in real life, I wouldn't want my membership in a certain vocal majority to ostracize anyone simply by dint of my differing worldview.

I apologise if I gave the wrong impression. I promise I did not intend to ostracise anybody.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Lucien A

I didn't think of that. Thanks for the advice.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by chilled monkey
I apologise if I gave the wrong impression. I promise I did not intend to ostracise anybody.

Look man, I was being obnoxiously pretentious. Don't take anything I said there too seriously. Think of it as a joke and you will be OK. You weren't the one doing the excluding anyway. I was implying that you felt the need to "cover up" your latent...

Just think of it as a joke. The postmodern essay generator could have done it much better than I could, and in less time too.

Captain REX
I'm heavily offended!

But not really.

Anyways, Wookieepedia should have a list of lightsaber colors.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.