Future trunks vs Timeline Gohan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DantevsKratos
The future trunks fights the real gohan would trunks be stronger then gohan if he wasnt harrased by androids or would gohan still be stronger
timeline gohan will be the same age as future gohan

Kento
Gohan is the strongest in the series at the end. Trunks was like fifth strongest in the Cell saga when everybody was weaker. Trunks would get beaten, and hard.

First_Tsurugi06
^Not counting fusions at least (the only characters in Z canon more powerful than him were Vegito and Buutenks, and they were both fusions and the latter was a temporary form).

But yeah, Gohan had been more powerful than his future counterpart since coming out of the Time Chamber.

Kento
Everybody from Piccolo to Gohan was stronger than Future Gohan. I've always wondered why 17 and 18 were so much stronger in the present.

jimBOFH
If Goku and Vegeta increase in strength by as much as they did in the HTC on an annual basis, by the very EoZ they'd be stronger than Gohan.
That said, Timeline Gohan would obviously wipe the floor with Future Trunks.

Csdabest
I dont know. Gohan did stop his trainning. But I take it this is mistic gohan. Since its the latest version of timeline. So i must say Gohan. Though Future Trunks was pretty powerful. He was about as strong as Cell before he went all Super Buff till i cant wipe my ass saiyan. If he was developed after cell saga then i must say it would be alot closer

jimBOFH
Well, Trunks was about as strong as Vegeta as an ascended SSJ, and stronger but slower as USSJ.
I'm not sure that either Gohan or Trunks train much in times of peace- Gohan certainly doesn't, Future Trunks might- there's no evidence either way. Unless Trunks trains similarly to Vegeta and Goku then Mystic Gohan for sure. If Future Trunks continued to train as hard as possible though, then I'd say that he'd be stronger than Gohan by the very end of Z, seeing as Gohan never trains.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by jimBOFH
Well, Trunks was about as strong as Vegeta as an ascended SSJ, and stronger but slower as USSJ.
I'm not sure that either Gohan or Trunks train much in times of peace- Gohan certainly doesn't, Future Trunks might- there's no evidence either way. Unless Trunks trains similarly to Vegeta and Goku then Mystic Gohan for sure. If Future Trunks continued to train as hard as possible though, then I'd say that he'd be stronger than Gohan by the very end of Z, seeing as Gohan never trains.
So then I guess Trunks would be stronger than Super Buu as well? Come on. We never see future Trunks reach Super Saiyan 2 or anything. erm

jimBOFH
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
So then I guess Trunks would be stronger than Super Buu as well? Come on. We never see future Trunks reach Super Saiyan 2 or anything. erm

Obviously it's pure speculation- for Future Trunks to have any chance of being stronger than Gohan requires 3 things:
a) Trunks to continue training similarly to Vegeta and Goku.
b) Gohan not to train- this is heavily implied, but they don't actually show what happens between Buu Saga and EoZ, they just jump forward 10 years, and Gohan doesn't fight in that tournament.
c) Trunks to increase in strength every year at a similar rate as he did in the HTC.

NB: By EoZ I mean the very last episode, 10 years after the Buu Saga. Hence I think Goku and Vegeta are most likely the 2 strongest Z fighters by this point, followed by Gohan, even without training, then Fat Buu.

Ridley_Prime
Ah, okay. Guess you got a point there.

Still though. Gohan never really trained between the Cell Games and Babidi/Buu saga either, but his Mystic form more than made up for that, and then some. He was able to damage Super Buu in ways that both of the Super Saiyan 3's could not.
Trunks would become a lot stronger through some years of training, true, but I doubt he would surpass something like SSJ3 Gotenks, let alone Mystic Gohan..
But if Gohan became a lot (and I mean a lot) weaker towards the EoZ due to his lack of training (to where he's not even able to match SSJ3 Gotenks anymore or somethin'), then I suppose there's a slight chance that his Mystic form wouldn't make that much difference, even against future Trunks.

Yeah, it is all speculation.

jimBOFH
Yeah- tbh I think Gohan is most likely to win. It's not a question of him becoming that much weaker either, it's just that Vegeta and Goku keep on getting stronger- if Trunks can keep pace with that, he has a chance- only at the very end of DBZ though, at the point where Gohan has his Mystic potential unlocked he's the strongest character aside from Vegito/Gogeta.
If Gohan actually did train in that 10 year gap, he'd stay stronger than everyone else, but I doubt that he would- I mean, he actually prefers academic stuff, whereas Goku and Vegeta don't do anything other than train and fight. Chibi Trunks isn't like that, but Future Trunks might be, seeing as how his life has been quite similar to that of Vegeta's- i.e. all his family killed, he's had to be totally reliant upon his own strength.

Csdabest
Off the back I say Trunks can beat Timeline Gohan before mystic.

Trunks was actually stronger than his father before he went all slow on us. He just didnt want to hurt his fathers pride. He was actually stronger than cell but thats when his speed crippled by the power he contained. I beleive it was either a theory or a story that Once you go SSJ2 or something all the power you was able to produce while going USSJ2 will be unleashed as SSJ2 and more. But your speed wont be crippled.If thats the case then Trunks would have been a great deal stronger than both cell and Gohan if he went SSJ2 instead. But im not really going to try to fight this point since im not 100% sure. Not even really 80%

Now on thing to train to keep up. Im pretty sure Trunks has been trainning hard in his future timeline. He know the reality of not being prepared for unknown threat. He probably getting stronger everyday so he can meet that challenge since he is the only one left that can stand up against anyone.

jimBOFH
Originally posted by Csdabest
Off the back I say Trunks can beat Timeline Gohan before mystic.

Trunks was actually stronger than his father before he went all slow on us. He just didnt want to hurt his fathers pride. He was actually stronger than cell but thats when his speed crippled by the power he contained. I beleive it was either a theory or a story that Once you go SSJ2 or something all the power you was able to produce while going USSJ2 will be unleashed as SSJ2 and more. But your speed wont be crippled.If thats the case then Trunks would have been a great deal stronger than both cell and Gohan if he went SSJ2 instead. But im not really going to try to fight this point since im not 100% sure. Not even really 80%

Now on thing to train to keep up. Im pretty sure Trunks has been trainning hard in his future timeline. He know the reality of not being prepared for unknown threat. He probably getting stronger everyday so he can meet that challenge since he is the only one left that can stand up against anyone.

It's unclear whether Trunks was stronger as an Ascended SSJ. The only indication as to whether or not he's actually stronger in that form is his sudden realisation of what Vegeta was doing for the last months of training- attempting to increase speed proportionately to power. This would imply that Vegeta is certainly faster, and perhaps stronger, as an Ascended Saiyan, as he realised USSJ would be useless against an equal opponent. So going by his speech when Cell mocks him for going USSJ, it seems likely that Vegeta is faster and maybe stronger as an Ascended Saiyan.

I'm unaware of this theory about the USSJ thing. Regardless, if we're talking non- Mystic Gohan, Trunks should win if he's been training. Gohan's power when non-mystic is considerably weaker than when he fought Cell, so yeah, no competition really.

deathcon27
well gohan before ssj would lose gohan after trianing with goku wins and basically from there on he slaughters lol mystic is overkill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.