dante vs pyramid head

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DantevsKratos
Dante hears news about a mysterious figure in the woodside apartments but doesnt give it any attention somedays later someone hires him to investigate some freaky stuff happening around that area he goes to investigate and is confronted but a person with a pyramid on his head dante has ebony ivory and rebellion and PH has his big knife sword thing

MadMel
well apparently pyramid head can only exist in silent hill, where apparently all of Dante's weapons are useless...therefor, he has to find a weapon after entering silent hill and slaughter PH that way erm
so either dante wins by speed blitzing with a puny knife he picks up, or PH wins due to a pointless plot device that has absolutely nothing to to with PH's skill as a fighter erm

DantevsKratos
i didnt think about it that way

DantevsKratos
wait how are devil weapons useless

MadMel
well apparently, everything you take into silent hill will suddenly become incorporeal, or intangible or something else that apparently makes them useless..

at least, that was the excuse that was used in the pyramid head vs master chief thread roll eyes (sarcastic)
if that was true everytime someone entered silent hill they would be become completely naked erm

Charlotte DeBel
Pyramid Head has plot device working in his favour but it doesn't have anything to do with stuff "disappearing"- it's unknown whether it would even work on magical items, since all the Dante's arsenal is either magical in origin or altered by magic (I can believe disappearance in regards to general tech but magical stuff is too specific).

Pyramid Head is "unkillable and unstoppable", cause he's a manifestation of one's worst fears. The only case when one sees Pyramid Head is if this one wants "punishment".

Dante's psyche is a bit screwed up with what I call "Batman complex"- childhood trauma of wathing his parents die and being powerless to do anything. I don't know whether it has anything to do with wanting to be punished in style guys in Silient Hill wanted to do...but Pyramid Head is an unkillable entity cause it's byproduct of one's worst fears.

MadMel
iow, he shouldn't be used in any fights, ever?? erm

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by MadMel
iow, he shouldn't be used in any fights, ever?? erm

Pyramid Head as actual monster sucks ass and gets killed. But the thing with him is that he's not an actual monster but rather a materialised desire of somebody wanting to punish himself- the stronger the desire, the stronger the Pyramid Head...

It's actually a fight within one's mind, think Freddy Kruger thing. And due to Batman comblex Dante would be pursued by plot device mental Pyramid Head (though he got over that guilt thing depending what version we're using- after DMC1 the self-loathing tendences became smaller, but at times of DMC3 young Dante would be affected by Pyramid Head pretty much).

But if we have an actual physical monster with Pyramid Head's physical characteristics, then it loses due to being slow as sh*t.

NonSensi-Klown
If that's PH's only weapon (Being manifested of one's worst fears), then that mens he shouldn't have any ability to affect someone who has no fear...

Dark-Jaxx
Which means he would be pwned by Chief.

Yay.

NonSensi-Klown
HuzzahI picked up a new Halo novel today, btw... about Sargeant Johnson!

Dark-Jaxx
I cried like a fatass who just spilled his ice cream when Johnson died.

NonSensi-Klown
Me too. sad

I knew he was going to die though. There's now way they were going to let his black ass live.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
If that's PH's only weapon (Being manifested of one's worst fears), then that mens he shouldn't have any ability to affect someone who has no fear...

Daredevil will own his ass then. Hell most stalwart heroes have no fear.

NonSensi-Klown
PH isn't as good as people think he is anyway. He's only a threat to normal, fallible people like you and I.

Well, you anyway.

Nemesis X
Wait a minute. What's making Dante feel guilty to have PH coming after him? If Dante has no guilt thing going on then PH shouldn't be after him in the first place.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Wait a minute. What's making Dante feel guilty to have PH coming after him? If Dante has no guilt thing going on then PH shouldn't be after him in the first place.

That's the point I'm trying to make. DMC3 Dante felt guilty for not saving his mother when he was a boy ("Batman complex"wink, got over it in the end of DMC1. So DMC1 Dante kills Pyramid Head.

It's not about fear, it's about "wishing to be punished for something you've done\you've not done". Though I don't know whether self-loathing for being unable to save his parents as a boy counts. It's not like wishing to be punished for actual crimes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.