Fanboys and Fangirls

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

geshien
A thread for venting about you favorite fanatic.

Personally, comic book and/or anime fanboys/girls annoy me. Especially Hulk, Wolverine, Naruto and/or Dragonball fanatics.

Alpha Centauri
Wait...what?

This is for VENTING about things we like? Why would you vent about your favourite thing?

The kind of fanboy/girl I hate the most are those that make up most of The Beatles' modern day fanbase.

No, agreeing with popular, archaic opinion because you want cred points doesn't make you credible. It makes you a c**k.

-AC

JacopeX
But other fanboys and fangirls ruin it for everyone.

~Wålshy~
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Wait...what?

This is for VENTING about things we like? Why would you vent about your favourite thing?

The kind of fanboy/girl I hate the most are those that make up most of The Beatles' modern day fanbase.

No, agreeing with popular, archaic opinion because you want cred points doesn't make you credible. It makes you a c**k.

-AC THE BEATLES ARE THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD, behind Green Day, IF YOU CAN'T SEE THAT THEN YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MUSIC

AC/DC'S_LVR
all the people i know who like the Beatles also like rap........

Yoshi Paradise
Originally posted by geshien
Personally, comic book and/or anime fanboys/girls annoy me. Especially Hulk, Wolverine, Naruto and/or Dragonball fanatics.

Almost all fanboys are annoying, but they're a great source of entertainment.

Rogue Jedi
Star Trek fans. Facebook junkies.

steverules
Wolverine fanboys always make me laugh cause they can never spell, they are all like 'wolerene winz cusae his heling facter and he gotz clawes...hehehehehe!'

Rogue Jedi
Batman fanboys are the worst. Batman always wins just because he is Batman.

JacopeX
That's me. smile

Rogue Jedi
But I love you heartbeat

Alpha Centauri
With all due respect RJ, what do you know about comics?

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Not a lot. But I now about Batman. I am talking about movie Bat fans.

lord xyz
Most people I know don't even know the Beatles, or they can say is "they were some famous band a long time ago", don't know any members, what they look like, or even who's still alive.

Rogue Jedi
I know their names, a few of their songs, they weren't bad.

Ax3l
The Beatles are extremely overrated.

JacopeX
Is it because of their original fan base?

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Not a lot. But I now about Batman. I am talking about movie Bat fans.

As a Batman freak fanatic...I agree...thirteen year old kids who saw The Dark Knight and think The Joker is the greatest villain in Batman history.

Yeah, I hate those kids.

geshien
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
As a Batman freak fanatic...I agree...thirteen year old kids who saw The Dark Knight and think The Joker is the greatest villain in Batman history.

Yeah, I hate those kids.

laughing

Though, I suppose I'm not much better.

I started to like The Joker because of Mark Hamill.

Because I can
fire. I'm a fan

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Yeah, I hate those kids. I like the Joker cuz he is a crazy ass mutha.

Mairuzu
Joker is by far the greatest villain in Batman history.

Rogue Jedi
He might be, I dunno.

Alpha Centauri
I'd say there have been villains who have been consistently better, but under the best writers, I think the Joker is the best.

That said, I was never a real fan of the comics, though I've read them. As a character, Batman is amazing, but I was never fond of his stories much.

While we're venting:

Anyone who thinks Twilight, the books or movie, is good...is stupid.

There, I said it. Judgement call, the tissues are in the corner if you wish to cry about it.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
I'd say there have been villains who have been consistently better, but under the best writers, I think the Joker is the best.

That said, I was never a real fan of the comics, though I've read them. As a character, Batman is amazing, but I was never fond of his stories much.

While we're venting:

Anyone who thinks Twilight, the books or movie, is good...is stupid.

There, I said it. Judgement call, the tissues are in the corner if you wish to cry about it.

-AC But how do you feel about Bob Lee Swagger?

Alpha Centauri
I don't wish to wear out my asterisk key.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Bob Lee ****ing pwns.

Badwolf
Well i must admit that I actualy like twilight. I love the books and watched the movie.

I personally hate Hulk fanboys, and spiderman fanboys.

But then again I feel the same way for the fans out there that think Xmen 3 was an amazing film.

Film was crap!

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, but you're a girl, so it's sort of allowed.

You have a gender-derived right to indulge in all that dreamy-eyed, teen-romance nonsense, with a dreamy-eyed boy that you hope you will also get with one day, until you grow up and realise he's closer to your gender than his own.

You're allowed.

Any male who reads those books that isn't gay, should honestly be ashamed. I know, taste is subjective etc. We all know that. It's just a judgement call on my part.

They aim those books, stories and ideas at dreamy teenage girls, or women of like mind, so...there you go.

-AC

Scythe
A few Star Wars films were alright, but SW fans, I despise.

Alpha Centauri
I don't despise the fans, in general. Everyone has their thing.

I don't see why they get the praise they do, but...that's why those are the fans. I enjoy them enough to believe it's not for no reason, it's just never been my thing.

There's always a group of fans in any fandom that feel their chosen subject is untouchable and created by God, though.

-AC

Badwolf
Yeah, but you're a girl, so it's sort of allowed.

You have a gender-derived right to indulge in all that dreamy-eyed, teen-romance nonsense, with a dreamy-eyed boy that you hope you will also get with one day, until you grow up and realise he's closer to your gender than his own.

You're allowed.

Any male who reads those books that isn't gay, should honestly be ashamed. I know, taste is subjective etc. We all know that. It's just a judgement call on my part.

They aim those books, stories and ideas at dreamy teenage girls, or women of like mind, so...there you go.

-AC

Oh i dont like the dreamy-eyed part. I like the vampire, forbidden love stories.

silver_tears
I don't like most music fanatics, but I suppose it could be I don't understand them mostly. How in the world can you devote yourself to only one band, or singer or genre when there's so much out there.

Alpha Centauri
Those aren't music fanatics, Irene.

That's what I always say. Being a metalhead or a rock fan, or a hip hop fan is dumb, to me. Why put yourself in any one box?

I'm a music fan. I like music that adheres to my standards, doesn't matter where it is.

-AC

Baylin
Those aren't music fanatics, Irene.

That's what I always say. Being a metalhead or a rock fan, or a hip hop fan is dumb, to me. Why put yourself in any one box?

I'm a music fan. I like music that adheres to my standards, doesn't matter where it is.

-AC

That pretty much ticks my boxes too. I love listening to music, I love playing music and I play anything from classical to heavy rock depending on the mood I'm in at the time. yes

Ripper Jacc
My best friend is an anime fangirl... and I can't stand her... Despite the fact she's my best friend. Does that make sense?

Rogue Jedi
Makes perfect sense. My ex ex liked the Spice Girls.

Ripper Jacc
I can't stand them... And somehow half the people in my hometown seem to worship them or something... dumb f*cks...

Rogue Jedi
Different strokes?

Ripper Jacc
What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?

NonSensi-Klown
I can't stand... haters.

no expression

People who "hate" fanboys or a specific character because it has a lot of fanboys (Like how Hulk is incredibly biased against in the comic vs.), I find irritating in general.

Ahsoka Tano
Comic books are serious business. uhuh

Strangelove
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
I can't stand... haters.

no expression

People who "hate" fanboys or a specific character because it has a lot of fanboys (Like how Hulk is incredibly biased against in the comic vs.), I find irritating in general. Ditto when it comes to music. It seems that most of the people that hate The Beatles hate them just because so many other people love them.

Rogue Jedi
People who try to be "Emo", but really aren't "Emo."

Scythe
Brilliant!

Rogue Jedi
Innit? I thought of that all by myself!!!

Scythe
How does the world not turn?

Rogue Jedi
It turns like.....budda budda budda.......cough. Then the cereal bowl is filled, want some?

Scythe
"Emo." Know one even knows what that is.

Rogue Jedi
Different interpretations maybe?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.