Cinder

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ridley_Prime
http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/6048/kicinderrender2rw9.jpg http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/979/kicindermovxr9.jpg

Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 195 lbs

Bio: Ben Ferris, a small-time criminal with counts of assault, breaking and entering and arson on his record, is the latest convict to be bought out of jail for Ultratech's twisted uses. His fate is to be used as a human guinea-pig in the company's chemical weapon developments, an unexpected side-effect leaving him consumed by fire but somehow, much to his own horror, still alive, as a living flame. He is kept confined in a top-security block until Ultratech decide to enter him into the tournament under the codename Cinder to defeat Glacius fairly and in full public view, his freedom providing the ultimate incentive.

Ending:
0AzBWju2Iu0

Render:
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5180/renderki13gi8.jpg

Cinder also has my favorite music theme in the game.

xRUvgHncEEo

Ridley_Prime
Bitter encounter between him and Glacius before they fight in the KI tournament.

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/8199/cinderglaciusjk0.jpg

Yoshi Paradise
Cinder was my second-favorite character in "Killer Instinct".

It would've been nice if he was in the sequel.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
Cinder was my second-favorite character in "Killer Instinct".

It would've been nice if he was in the sequel.
Yeah.. but instead he got defeated by Glacius, and thus didn't return in KI 2. =(

And he was my 1st favorite. stick out tongue xd

Yoshi Paradise
Well, your 1st favorite got defeated by my 1st favorite. wink

Ridley_Prime
lol That's anticlimactic. big grin

Yoshi Paradise
Yep, but it's somewhat weird how a fire warrior got defeated by an ice warrior.

You'd think Cinder would win the match since he had an elemental advantage over Glacius.

Ridley_Prime
Yep, but it's somewhat weird how a fire warrior got defeated by an ice warrior.

You'd think Cinder would win the match since he had an elemental advantage over Glacius.
Yeah. That's exactly what I was thinkin'. >.>

Yoshi Paradise
Well, I guess having an advantage over your opponent doesn't guarantee victory.

Anyway, he had some nice finishers.

0v4elx6520A

Ridley_Prime
Yeah..
And cool! I was thinkin' about posting that sooner or later. Always loved using his first finisher (on the SNES), or the Super Inferno as I call it. Looks even better on the arcade version there.
As for that Ultra Combo at the end.. wow. Might as well call that an 'infinite' combo because of that flip kick. xD That's awesome, but no wonder people consider Cinder to be so broken.. He's still my favorite fighter to use though.

Yoshi Paradise
Well, all of the finishers in Killer Instinct look better in the arcade version.

Yeah, his flip kick allowed you to continue with the combo as long as you timed it right.

Ridley_Prime
Yep. ^^

------------

Bah. I guess I can't really argue with this.. =(

lUd3LHEDlM0

Yoshi Paradise
Wow, I didn't know he was so broken.

Zack Fair
LoL. I remember pissing off my friend back in the day. I always chose Cinder because I loved his design. I had no idea he was this broken though. Still cool!

Ridley_Prime
Wow, I didn't know he was so broken.
Me neither until I saw that vid last night..
I hope the complaints about his brokenness didn't have anything to do with him not being in KI2/KI Gold.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
LoL. I remember pissing off my friend back in the day. I always chose Cinder because I loved his design. I had no idea he was this broken though. Still cool!
Heh. Same here. Some thought I used him most because of his easy-to-use torpedo combos, but I actually just liked his design best, is all (plus, I like the way he said "Inferno!" when doing that one special move of his stick out tongue). Not like he was the only character I could be good with. Always wanted to have a Human Torch-like character in a fighting game anyway (before I came across Killer Instinct), and Cinder delivered.

Yoshi Paradise
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Me neither until I saw that vid last night..
I hope the complaints about his brokenness didn't have anything to do with him not being in KI2/KI Gold.

I'm sure it did.

Always wanted to have a Human Torch-like character in a fighting game anyway (before I came across Killer Instinct), and Cinder delivered.

Do you like Pyron from the Darkstalkers franchise? He looks like the Human Torch, but with horns.

Zack Fair
I'm sure it did.

Which talks really bad about them. They couldn't just tone him down. No they just killed him off. >=\

Here I am hoping for a Kazuya-like resurrection from Cinder.

Ridley_Prime
I'm sure it did.
Boo.
I bet there were probably faggy petitions or somethin' to not bring back Cinder in KI2 as well (before it came out). erm
Nothing's sacred in the world of gaming when people make actual demands to ruin an experience for someone else.

Do you like Pyron from the Darkstalkers franchise? He looks like the Human Torch, but with horns.
And much, much bigger, and overpowered, but yeah. He's pretty cool still and likable.

Which talks really bad about them. They couldn't just tone him down. No they just killed him off. >=\
Yeah. I mean, Sabrewulf was also defeated in the first KI (story-wise), and he still came back in KI2..
The sequel wasn't the same without Riptor either (never cared for Chief Thunder though).

Here I am hoping for a Kazuya-like resurrection from Cinder.
Heh. That would be tight.

Though story-wise, Cinder wanted to die if he didn't manage to defeat Glacius in the tournament (which he didn't), so meh. A Kazuya-like resurrection could still be possible though, which I'm hoping for if KI3 turns out to be more than just a rumor, in which case, I hope Eyedol comes back too, and battles Gargos or somethin'.

Zack Fair
You are not the only one hoping for a new KI. I am fond of that franchise. Back in the day my fighting games were SF, MK & KI. I liked SNK too, but I was more into those 3.

Yoshi Paradise
Weren't there rumors about a third Killer Instinct game?
Boo.
I bet there were probably faggy petitions or somethin' to not bring back Cinder in KI2 as well (before it came out). erm
Nothing's sacred in the world of gaming when people make actual demands to ruin an experience for someone else.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens to Metaknight from SSBB...

Ridley_Prime
You are not the only one hoping for a new KI. I am fond of that franchise. Back in the day my fighting games were SF, MK & KI. I liked SNK too, but I was more into those 3.
Heh. Same here. What are the odds?
I can't say I ever really got into SNK though, but those other 3, yeah.

Weren't there rumors about a third Killer Instinct game?
Yep. As Neo Darkhalen pointed out, Rare's having a field day with them.. but I hope they turn out to be more than just rumors.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens to Metaknight from SSBB...
Me neither, or if it happened to Snake possibly.

Woot, 2nd page.

Yoshi Paradise
Well, I hope Glacius makes the cut. He's been my main fighter ever since the first Killer Instinct.

Well, I hope that doesn't happen to them. None of the characters, except a few, should get cut from the next SSB game.

Ridley_Prime
Well, I hope Glacius makes the cut. He's been my main fighter ever since the first Killer Instinct.
Don't see why he wouldn't, since he's got like, multiple friends/counterparts of the same race (i.e. the Glacius in the first Killer Instinct was not the same one in KI2).
Speaking of which, I guess I'll make a respect thread for him.

Well, I hope that doesn't happen to them. None of the characters, except a few, should get cut from the next SSB game.
Yeah.. if there is one.

Yoshi Paradise
Well, Rare might try to come up with an excuse of how the whole Glacius race died off. I wouldn't be surprised since Midway did something similar for "Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe".

Well, I hope so.

Ridley_Prime
Well, Rare might try to come up with an excuse of how the whole Glacius race died off. I wouldn't be surprised since Midway did something similar for "Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe".
Hmm. True.. That would suck.

Yoshi Paradise
Well, I hope it doesn't happen.

Honestly, Killer Instinct should make a crossover game with Mortal Kombat. It would be interesting...

Ridley_Prime
True that..

Killer Kombat? stick out tongue

Yoshi Paradise
Yeah, or "Mortal Instinct".

An original name might be better, though.

Wei Phoenix
True that..

Killer Kombat? stick out tongue

Khan's Killer Kombat

Yoshi Paradise
Nah, I wouldn't trust that since it abbreviates to KKK. I'm sure we all know what that is...

Anyway, there may not be a crossover since Midway is almost bankrupted.

Ridley_Prime
True that. Midway published the arcade version of both the KI's anyway, so I could see them making a crossover between KI and MK without much legal issues.

Yoshi Paradise
Well, they should do that before going out of business.

Ridley_Prime
Well, they should do that before going out of business.
Yeah, but if they do make such a game.. I hope they don't do something stupid like make an "Eyedol Khan" and have its 'rage' erase Cinder and others from existence. no expression

Yoshi Paradise
I'm sure Midway would learn from their past mistakes. A "Mortal Kombat vs "Killer Instinct" should have an original boss, or a powerful boss that originated from one of the franchises.

Even though there aren't many Killer Instinct characters, the roster should still be somewhat big. None of the characters should be "erased from existence".

Bro SMASH
To be honest, even though both series seems pretty strong on their plots, I find it hard to imagine them making a storyline out of Mortal Kombat vs. Killer Instinct (that's if they were to include characters from KI2).

Ridley_Prime
I'd rather them just include characters from the first KI. Didn't like the ones introduced in KI2 that much, except maybe like one or two.

Bro SMASH
Out of all the new characters that was in the KI2, I liked Tusk the most. I also liked his theme music too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.