Exar Kun vs Darth Maul - only lightsaber and martial arts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Both use the double blade lightsaber. I'm not sure if Exar Kun is a master of teras kasi martial arts, but Darth Maul is. If these two fought it out with both lightsaber and martial arts who would win? I can't determine the victor because both mastered that type of lightsaber. Opions anyone?

Gideon
Martial arts ends in Maul making Kun part of the pavement.

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Both use the double blade lightsaber. I'm not sure if Exar Kun is a master of teras kasi martial arts, but Darth Maul is. If these two fought it out with both lightsaber and martial arts who would win? I can't determine the victor because both mastered that type of lightsaber. Opions anyone?

first why does it mater that both of them mastered the double bladed saber?

second Maul takes this

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
first why does it mater that both of them mastered the double bladed saber?

second Maul takes this

the double bladed saber is a deadly weapon if utilized and mastered properlely. pretty much everything maul trained in were exceptionally deadly tools for him to use. his double balded weapon, his juyo and his close combat skills.

Lucien A
Lol at "double balded weapon." I wanna give this to Maul in a strictly physical duel between sabers or martial skills. If the Force were involved I'd say the opposite.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Lucien A
Lol at "double balded weapon."

lol my minds sumwhere esle

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
the double bladed saber is a deadly weapon if utilized and mastered properlely.

the exact same thing can be said for a regular lightsaber

Elite Hunter
Sort of off topic but I would like to see someone using two DBLs in combat. Maybe someone doing a fan video just so I can see how it looks and whether he idea is not stupid.

Lucien A
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Sort of off topic but I would like to see someone using two DBLs in combat. Maybe someone doing a fan video just so I can see how it looks and whether he idea is not stupid. Well if you wanna hire the guy who did Maul's stunts and give him 10 years of training on steroids. Should look pretty sweeeeet.

Lightsnake
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Sort of off topic but I would like to see someone using two DBLs in combat. Maybe someone doing a fan video just so I can see how it looks and whether he idea is not stupid.
That's a very...elaborate form of suicide

kotorfan
Originally posted by Lucien A
Well if you wanna hire the guy who did Maul's stunts and give him 10 years of training on steroids. Should look pretty sweeeeet.

u talking about Ray Park? he was the one who played Darth Maul in TPM

Slay
Haven't been here in ages, just came in to say:

I MADE THIS THREAD IN 2005 NEWBZ!!! ha-son

beast1234
did exar kun have any knowledge of martial arts

Ultimate Vader
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
the exact same thing can be said for a regular lightsaber

Sorry, but double-bladed is more deadly if you mastered it properly. More strikes per second if you really understand how to move and strike with the weapon. That's why only few people in Star Wars who can mastered it. You really need exceptional and special abilities with lightsaber to learn the double-bladed lightsaber. For example, Maul and Exar Kun.

Maul is a zabrak, and zabrak use double-bladed sword, so no question there why he choose double-bladed lightsaber. Exar Kun, well, he's the one who created the double-bladed lightsaber after all.

Red Nemesis
I couldn't disagree more. The weapon itself does not matter, the user does. Mace wouldn't have been more deadly if he had a double-blade, nor would Anakin or Yoda. Once a weapon is mastered the focus becomes less on the weapon and more on how it is used.

Ultimate Vader
What if Windu use double-bladed lightsaber? He's good at lightsaber, isn't he?

By the way do you feel that now we're always discussing Darth Maul?

NonSensi-Klown
The Double-Bladed lightsaber is also a serious design flaw. The fact that you can only grip it in the middle means leverage is always against you. Try holding a broom in the very center only and let a grown man wail on the sides of it...

Plus it's not nearly as versatile. You can't do a lot of close up work with a Saberstaff and you're stuck with using only two vectors of attack, the horizontal strikes and the stab. A single lightsaber can mix it up with more twirls, stabs, and horizontal as well as vertical slashes.

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by Ultimate Vader
Sorry, but double-bladed is more deadly if you mastered it properly. More strikes per second if you really understand how to move and strike with the weapon. That's why only few people in Star Wars who can mastered it. You really need exceptional and special abilities with lightsaber to learn the double-bladed lightsaber. For example, Maul and Exar Kun.

Maul is a zabrak, and zabrak use double-bladed sword, so no question there why he choose double-bladed lightsaber. Exar Kun, well, he's the one who created the double-bladed lightsaber after all.

I agree with red nemisis. it comes down to the user of the weapon. And if the user knows powerful force techniques like kriea's or luke's instakill lightsaber combat becomes an after thought.

and yes I feel that maul has been popping up on these forums alot lately.

Lucien A
Yeah, ever since the constant reference of his withstanding that Nightsister's lightning, or whatever, he's been showing up all over the place. Like a bloody phantom. A phantom that menaces us. Hang on a tick!

xxxpoppunker182
hmmmm Darth Maul the Phantom Menace?.......... now where have I herd that before? (shrugs)

Ultimate Vader
Episode One.

Lucien A
Originally posted by Ultimate Vader
Episode One. You're a clever one you. Watch out Stephen Hawking!

Ultimate Vader
Well, I have all the movies, 1 to 6. Do you have the blue-ray version ?

Lucien A
Not yet. But I will just as soon as DVD's become obsolete.

Ultimate Vader
Wise plan. For me, I will just as soon as the people of my country begin to clone those blu-ray. Yeah, piracy.

xxxpoppunker182
I own to complete sets of episodes 1-6 on dvd

but am waiting for lucas to release 1-6 in a blu-ray box set

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.