The Box Role Play

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shaggs
Captain Xavier Jones sat quietly in his seat as the helicopter hummed along. His eyes scanned over his fellow team mates that he would be commanding. Knowing them each on a person level would only fuel the pain if any were to die that day. His weapon was at the ready, as it always was, but this time he felt that it would be needed more than he could ever imagine. "Remember people, we are doing this mission like a well oiled machine. No heroics, and follow my commands, got it?"

Blockhead
"I got it. If anyone falls, just holla and me and the Lord will patch you up." Replied Rawlings, checking Faith and Destiny.

The place they were travelling to was a place of great evil and history, Rawlings knew that more than anybody. He just hoped they would be able to seal the breach and contain the Firstborn, lest mankind feel it's wrath.

DangerousBeauty
Yitta sighed heavily and closed her eyes. She knew most of them probably wouldnt survive... But she had to keep a smile on her face. Thats what always helped. No matter how much pain she was in, everyone always felt better when she smiled. "Got it."

Lycanthrope
Sgt.Majr. Kagatora stared into the fine hand made blade of his Katana as he sharpened it,mesmerized by the familiar hum of rotors chopping air,reflecting on the many missions he had been on during his Black Ops. with project Archon. He had lost count of the man he had killed with that very Blade and wondered how many more would feel the cold steel dispatching their flesh.

Capt.Jones spoke and the Sgt.Majr snapped out of his hypnotic state to listen close at what the Capt had to say. "Sir!" he replied sharply in recognition of the Captains orders. Even though the Sgt.Majr had been on countless more mission than Jones, he respected him and would fallow his commands, understanding that hesitation cost lives and that was not going to happen on his watch.

Shaggs
Jones scanned over the soldiers once more, looking at the assortment of weaponry and such. "Al Khali is nothing you've ever seen before. We don't know whats gunna be down there, so keep your guard up, and watch eachother's backs." Jones stood, starting to inspect his weapon, knowing by the time the mission was over, he'd be using it to it's limits. "Me and Rawlins have for more experience in this field, so stick close to us, and try to pick up as much as you can on the run. We apologize for such a quick round up, but this is far more important than you can imagine."

Jedireaper
Lieutenant Nigel Burnan shook his head, gripping his rifle with a grim determination of someone being sent to his death and is fully willing to do so. He glanced at the others then pulled out his M82 assualt rifle's clip and banged against his helmet and reattached it. "This is going to get creepy." He stroked his stubble and returned his hand to the gun.

Blockhead
Rawlings nodded to Jones, then looked out of the chopper windows at the place they were approaching, Al Khali.

In the beginning it was nothing more than desert sands, but overtime and the various escape attempts by the Firstborn, the place had been transformed into a variety of structures, ranging from different eras, all inside the mysterious, ever-expanding Box.

Rawlings quietly prayed to a variety of Gods for protection on himself and the rest of the team.

Mando' Ade
heath yawned and scratched the side of his head before tightening his glove and loading his ak. "so, how long before touchdown?" he checked the rifle, making sure the safety was on.

Lycanthrope
Sgt.Majr. Kagatora slid the katana into the scabbard strapped to his back. He then pulled out each H&K USP45,pulling the slide back several times to make sure the action was in working order. The Last thing he needed was for his Auto-pistols to jam.He put hicap clips, loaded with AP rounds, into both, jacked one in the chamber and holstered them.

The Sgt.Majr was used to being dropped off into unknown territory but this was a mission unlike anything he had ever been on. He was going to have to trust Capt. Jones' judgment and, pray the other members of the team, of which he was not familiar with, new what they were doing.

Shaggs
The chopper slowed, and began to drop down, just enough to get out of the high winds of the area, being created by a monstrous storm. The pilot turned back and looked at the team, "Alright, this is where you fast rope out of here. Best of luck." he said, with a grim expression. "Alright, you heard him. I want everyone down thos ropes in less than a minute!" Jones grabbed a rope, and started to slide his way down, firmly pressing his boots down into the sand at the bottom, lookiing at an old decrepit tunnel, just big enough to walk through two at a time.

Blockhead
Rawlings fast-roped to the desert sands quickly and joined up with Jones, waiting for the rest of the team to join them and for more orders.

Jedireaper
Burnan joined his squad as he ropped down to the sands.

Lycanthrope
Sgt.Majr.Kagatora was next to Go. With his feet on the skids, he loosened his grip to get parallel to the chopper. With a quick thrust of his legs he released his grip and slid down quickly, landing next to Father Rawlings. Not knowing what to expect, the Sgt.Majr. drew both H&K's and scanned the perimeter.

Jedireaper
Lieutenant Nigel Burnan looked around the sands with his assualt rifle lowered to his chest. He grimaced in the heat hoping that they'd be in to cool soon. He didn't want to f*cking fry for the whole mission. "Water, water, water, water." He whispered. "I got plenty of water." He sighed and looked to the Captain. "Captain. Is this the place, looks desolate."

(Actually I kinda butted in, so do I get permish to join, mate? I don't really feel up to doing a bio.)

Mando' Ade
heath grabbed the rope with his glove and slid down one handed, letting go about five feet off of the ground. he landed in a crouch, scanning the area with his rifle rested against his knee. 'well, too bad there ain't nothin' to shoot. yet." he corrected, standing and stepping over to the others.

Shaggs
"This isn't a game, soldiers. We're going to need to be completely fluid to get through here." Xavier counted the troops and then looked back up at the chopper. "C'mon Lieutenant, you're up." Looks back to the ground and sighed, turning to Rawlings. "I really wish we at least had Cole or Delgado assisting us here. Hell, I'd even settle for Billie right now."

(haven't objected so far."

Jedireaper
I'd settle for Rek, but thats another RP))

Nigel looked over at Xavior. "Me?" He quickly glanced at his rank insignia, the back to the captain.

Shaggs
"Lt. Yitta up there, the only female on out team." Xavier laughed a little, thinking of how they used to mess with Billie, Abigail and Cole.

Jedireaper
"Oh, yea. Yitta..." He scuffed his hand in the sand and sighed as he returned to an alert but stand down position lowering his voice. "I don't really care if she stays up there. My worry is even if we make it in time to close the damn box, we probably won't make it back alive."

Shaggs
"We don't even know if that's what they're doing in there. For all we know, they are just trying to build enough negative karma to wipe us out. Besides, the box and firstborn are just legends... no way that they are real.", he said, the doubt of his own words could be heard in his voice.

Jedireaper
Nigel checked his scopes, then did a quick equipment check. He had his explosives pack if they'd need them, though he had been tempted to leave them behind. "Sure, cap', what ever you say. I'm sure they'd send us here for a few backwards hippies trying to create bad bloody karma with no effect. You know as well as I do, something is in there that man was perhaps never to disturb." He almost laughed, then added an actual joke. "All we need is Indianna Jones and we'd be absolutely fine."

Mando' Ade
heath laughed, setting his rifle against the wall and beggining to readjust his glove. "so are we gonna get a move on or are we just gonna sit out here for a few hours?" he picked up his rifle and flicked the safety off. "screw it, i'll go in first."

Shaggs
Jones raised his assault rifle and trained the sights on Heath's back. "You're a soldier, damnit. It's high time you acted like one! Stand down, now!" Jones' face was completely serious, and he did not accept insurrection in his team. "We're not moving until the entire team is assembled."

Lycanthrope
Sgt. Majr. Kagatora Ignored the chatter and continued to scan for Hostiles. 'Whats takin this girl so long', He thought to himself.

{{Officers dont point weapons at his troops}}

Mando' Ade
heath dropped his gun and let it fall against the side of his waist pulling down n the strap. he raised his hands. "hey, easy!"

Jedireaper
Nigel raised an eyebrow at this action from the Captain. He turned his body around to face Xavior, but kept his feet still on the sand. "Is that really nesessary... sir?" He added with some scorn to his voice. He adjusted hus rifle's sling and sighed. "Yo! Yitta! Wake up!" He called over the sound of the rota's.

Shaggs
((I've seen it happen before)) ((I've captured Xavier's hardass nature, just like in the game))

"This is bigger than you guys think! We aren't just going to walk in there and save the day. We don't know what's in there, and I sure as hell, don't a bunch of 'rook' casualties to report." Jones lowered his weapon and shook his head. "If you guys are itching for combat so badly, two of you can come with me to scout out ahead, but nothing else until Yitta gets down. Agreed?"

Blockhead
"I don't know about Delgado, but Cole and Billie would sure be useful." Agreed Rawlings.

"They're not legends boy. They are very real and pose an unimaginable threat to humanity. We are the only things that can stop it." Replied Rawlings to Xavier's comment about the Firstborn and such being legends, ignoring rank briefly.

Rawlings saw the bickering going on between team members and frowned. "Calm down! We all need to reach the Box together to have the best chance of sealing it. This mission is of the highest importance, even our lives our secondary. Do not trifle with the monsters that lie within, for they are evil and merciless."

Mando' Ade
"you callin me a roo-" he stopped as rawlings cut him off. "listen, all i was sayin was that if yitta wasn't up for it i was gonna go, you got a problem with initiative?!" he turned and stepped off, pulling a box of cigarettes out of the front right pocket of his flak jacket.

Jedireaper
Nigel snorted and spat on the sand. "I know that Rowlings," his voice was low and almost threatening, "otherwise I wouldn't be here, none of us would be. We are here because the danger is greater than any of us can comprehend. We are expendable in the task of keeping what lies within," he paused as stood and turned to face the two, "within." He hosted his explosives bag and moved over to the Captain. "I'll volenteer to scout, but not because I want to see action. Someones gotta watch your back."

Shaggs
"SSGT. Richards, LT. Burnan, you two are with me. We'll be designated by Alpha Team from now on." Xavier shouldered his weapon and turned on his flashlight, looking into the tunnel.

Jedireaper
Burnan nodded, turning to face the entrance. With a little flick of his gloved finger, the assault rifle's CLE (basically a flashlight on the weapon) shone into the tunnel. "Alpha team, designation confirmed." He released the safety on the gun and waited on the captain.

Mando' Ade
"allright, lets do it." he slipped the lit ciggerette between his lips and pulled down his nvg's. "you know those flashlights are blinding, so please dont point them in my face." he pulled out his ciggerette and blew out, laughing at himself. "good thing these have auto adjust." he replaced it and hoisted up his assault rifle, staring down the tunnel through the scope.

DangerousBeauty
Yitta slid down and landed easily, moving quickly to catch up to the guys. "Sorry my strap was tangled with my gun... What do we got so far?" She smiled and glanced around, reattaching the shoulder strap for her gun.

Shaggs
Jones turned around to face Yitta. "You're in charge of Omega squad like normal. Make sure none of these Rooks die, I'm counting on you for support." Xavier gave her a playful wink as he turned around, cocking his assault rifle. He advanced on further, ahead of the rest of the team, inspecting the area.

DangerousBeauty
She nodded and blew him a kiss. "Will do. Just make sure you guys dont get too far ahead. If you see anything make sure you tell me."

Shaggs
Xavier nodded and started to creep on forward. "Acknowledged. Enemy Callsign is Tango."

Jedireaper
The lieutenant nodded. "Right." He didn't check his scope unesessarily, already having set it on the chopper. Burnan (Gettit? Nigel burnin'? How he might die.) looked over at Yitta as he got within whisper range on the Captain. "What a pretty face, I hope she knows she's going to her death. We all are."

Lycanthrope
"So Lt." Sgt.Majr Kagatora said feeling slighted, having to fallow a Women. "What are your orders? and by the way" He said with a scowl. "I was on my first Black Ops. Mission before you were born, so dont treat me like a rookie and I will fallow your command" Sgt.Majr turned to Father Rawlings. "I guess we at least have God with us" He said, relieved to have him as part of Omega Team.

DangerousBeauty
Yitta raised a brow and turned to Sgt. Kagatora. "Are you trying to hint at something Sgt.? You are a rookie until I am proved wrong. That goes for all of you. I dont care what your rank or title is, or how many medals or ribbons you have. I only care about how well you can fight. And until I see that, you will be nothing but another splinter under my fingernail that I have to put up with. So put on a smile and shut the hell up, and maybe we'll get out of here in one piece." She smiled sweetly and started filling a spare clip with bullets.

Shaggs
Xavier looked at Burnan with a confused look. "You guys might die, but I am sure as hell not going to die here. I've bene on much harder missions then this." he said, not knowing the absolute hell that waited for him in The Box.

Mando' Ade
heath mumbled something under his breath and crept down the tunnel, scanning the walls for any signs of trouble.

Jedireaper
"Lets hope." Burnan kept his eyes on the walls and floor and had his assault rifle raised as they moved, staying three meters from Xavior and again three in front of (the other guy).

((Yo! Jacob, do you have a PS3?))

Shaggs
Xavier looked ahead and stopped in his tracks, going down to one knee, and pulling the rifles sights up. "Two Tangos"

((I'm a 360 man.))

Jedireaper
The lieutenant crouch down, spotting the two- three. "Third Tango patrolling to the left." He whispered, sighting the tango with his scope from a crouched position.

Lycanthrope
Sgt.Majr.Kagatora, stunned a little from Lt. Yittas forcefulness said "Yes Sir" in recognition of her authority. "But its Sgt.Majr and,you might want to make sure you have everything secure and tighten up. We don't want anymore 'snags' on this mission" He continued sarcastically with a smirk in reference to her delay on the fast rope. "High speed,Low drag Lt."

(( Is Father Rawlings with us on Omega squad ))

DangerousBeauty
She looked up from where she stood with a bullet between her teeth. "Just dont slow me down old man." She sneered and put the clip on her belt. "Now.. If you'll be so kind, Sgt. I'd like to give the orders for our little mission." She smiled sweetly, bitter sweetly, and looked to everyone else. "We follow behind the others. Once we hear gunshots, we move in and assist in the situation. Understood?"

Shaggs
Xavier did not move, but started to use hand signals. He signed to them that they should use their silencers, and each pick a target. He also signalled that he would take the one in the middle of the three.

Jedireaper
The lieutenant quickly changed his rifle to single shot, screwing the silencer on. He then moved into a better position and sighted the patrolling guard. "I've got the third Tango."

Lycanthrope
Sgt.Majr.Kagatora answered "As you command Lt." thinking to himself ,'how can she expect to be respected if she has none for her squad? Shake it of Old man,dissensions in a Fire Team is certain death. Give her the benefit of the doubt and, a chance to fail of which I pray she does not'
Drawing the 2 Auto H&K's, The Sgt.Majr. spoke "Are we ready to move out Sir" he said inquiring "Is Omega squad all present?"

((Who else is in Omega Squad?))

DangerousBeauty
She smiled and looked around. "That my dear, is why I am waiting."

Lycanthrope
((I thought you said we where moving out))

DangerousBeauty
i want to know who all is in our squad first))

Blockhead
Rawlings, who had been in prayer for the last few minutes straightened up and formed up with the rest of Omega Squad. "I will follow your lead Yitta. May the Lord give us the strength to smite our enemies, ahem." He said.

Mando' Ade
heath grinned and flicked on his power glove. "not a sound," he promised in a whispered voice through his commlink. he aimed his fist at the only remaining hostile and grinned. "whenever your ready."

Shaggs
Xavier's target turned slightly around to show that he was hideously butchered and grotesquely mutated. A little startled, Jones pulled the trigger and shot through it's head, which only pissed it off. Letting out a terrifying shriek, it lunged at the group, and thinking quickly, Xavier switched to the shotgun attachment and fired into the creature. "Omega! Assist immediately!"

Lycanthrope
With out waiting for orders Sgt.Majr Kagatora started running towards the tunnels entrance, assuming Lt.Yitta and Father rawlings were right behind. The Sgt.Majr said over the com-linc "Omega Squad up"

Blockhead
Hearing the call of Xavier, Father Rawlings immediately followed the path Alpha had taken, turning the safety on Faith and Destiny off. Upon reaching the area, there were a couple of disgustingly horrid corpse mutants attacking Alpha team. Not wanting to endanger the life of his squad mates, Rawlings switched the ammo type on Faith and Destiny to Piercing and fired several shots at the now advancing group of hostiles.

The corpse mutant that Xavier had shot at had taken enough beating from Xavier's first shot, a shotgun blast and several other bullets, including Rawlings own bullets to fall down dead. A few seconds later, a huge swarm of flies descended on the now dead thing, carrying it into the air and eating it into nothingness in less than a minute. The flies then flew off and disappeared.

Shaggs
Xavier stumbled back after seeing the flies. "Rawlings.. you don't think.. Beelzebub is here.. do you?" Xavier started to fire the best he could.

(Beelzebub is the Lord of the Flies)

DangerousBeauty
Yitta stepped up and put her hand on Father Rawlings shoulder. "Good shooting, but next time lets not risk singling ourselves out or running into a trap. We'll try to come in as a group from now on." She smiled weakly and looked around. "Anyone hurt?"

Jedireaper
"WHAT THE HELL!" Nigel shouted, flicking his rifle off of single shot and back to full auto. He swung his aim and fired as the creture leaped for him, it twisted in mid-air as Nigel rolled. The bullets tore into flesh and came out unhindered into the wall. "Now would be a good time, Father Rawlings!" With little else to do he scrambled up and fired his grenade attachment. The grenade glanced off the things head, hit the wall and dropped back. "FIRE IN THE HOLE!" As he cover his face the grenade exploded behind the creature, ripping through it. The blast hurt his ears, he was just thankful it wasn't a frag grenade. When he looked back he saw bits a pieces. A skeletal finger continued wriggling towards him. He strpped on it and turned to face the others but saw something else. "Uh, more Tangos."

Mando' Ade
a bright light like a camera flash shot from the glove towards the approaching group of enemies. 2 of them were desintigrated from the high concentration of heat and radiation while the rest were only stopped on their feet. seconds later he raised his ak and fired into the group, tearing through them with the large rounds.

Lycanthrope
Sgt.Majr. Kagatora, reloading his spent clips, answered Lt Yitta "Fine Sir"
Kagatora thought to himself *What the Hell was that* He had never seen anything like that before. It took a whole clip just to take one down. *I never had much respect for Chaplin's but I'm thankful Father Rawlings is hear. We are going to need All the gods Help we can get.......Demons??*

Blockhead
Within seconds the last of the tangos had fallen and had quickly been consumed by the flies, leaving nothing but bloodstains and scarred memories.

Rawlings reloaded his pistols and put the safety back on. It was times like these his Faith (as in religion) kept him sane. "Everyone alright?" He asked, rubbing his hands together, generating a deep blue outline that created a sense of warmth and tranquilty to those that were near. "You have just witnessed the awesome power of the Box and the Firstborn. These creatures were merely pawns at what we will come up against. May the Lord have mercy on our souls. And the flies are a product of the Box. They cannot be harmed by any living thing, but they do not hurt the living either. They are a tool of the Firstborn to reincarnate the bodies of fallen troops or enemies into more twisted beings. We should proceed with extreme caution from here on in, since the Firstborn will likely have been alerted to our presence." Suggested Rawlings as he formed up with the rest of Omega Squad.

Lycanthrope
The Sgt.Majr. Still disturbed by what he had just witnessed, spoke to Father Rawlings. "So your tight with the man upstairs huh. I hope He owes you favors. This is some other-world sh** man. You got an extra Rosary or Amulet, Pentagram, something for me to help against these Demonic aberrations?" Kagatora said Jokingly but with a hint of seriousness. "I guess we are all good to go" THe Sgt.Majr. said directing his comment to Capt Jones. "What next?"

Blockhead

Jedireaper
Lieutenant Burnan shook his head. "Captain, I'm thinking that may be our first clue, the box must be kept closed at any and all f*cking costs." He ejected the spent clip from his assault rifle and clicked in a fresh one. "Think we need The Ghostbusters."

Shaggs
"This is only a fraction of the hell that we are going to experience in there. I need to warn you all.. you will have to face your biggest fear in there." Xavier reloaded and started to push forward.

DangerousBeauty
Yitta sighed. She had been listeneing quietly to each person in turn, studying their words and logic. She knew they were right, and brave. She was pround to be with these men, and die by them. "Let's find that box."

Lycanthrope
"I'm with ya Lt." The Sgt.Majr. said quickly, not wanting to let on to the fear he had of what lay ahead.

Blockhead
Rawlings brang up the rear of Omega squad, keeping alert to any other monsters that might try to tear them apart.

Mando' Ade
heath lowered his rifle, scanning the cave with his glove raised in front of him as a blind man would do if he lost his cane. "my only fear is having kids, and getting shot in a most tender of areas. i would prefer if the exploited fear were the former." his nvg's glowed an eerie green in the dark.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.