Starkiller vs Mara Jade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Both were trained assassins and both turned to the lightside. If dark side Starkiller and dark side Mara fought, who would win?

xxxpoppunker182
so this isn't legacy mara?

if not then I'd say starkiller for sure

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Both were trained assassins and both turned to the lightside.

This statement is misleading. Starkiller was not, in the strict sense, an assassin. A killer? Yes. A thug? Yes. But the word assassin implies a certain level of stealth and skill; Starkiller possessed neither. His were the merits of raw, unadulterated power. Mara Jade, on the other hand, is an obscenely gifted assassin and saboteur. She was an Emperor's Hand, the greatest and most skilled assassins we have seen in the mythos, capable of remarkable battle cunning and combat training that gives her a considerable advantage.

Jacen Solo, a psuedo-Sith Lord whose powers were stated to be in excess of Darth Vader's as well as "second only" to LotF-era Luke Skywalker, as well as a supposed "genius," got his ass handed to him by his aunt Mara, despite the fact that her powers were stated to be vastly inferior to his due to manipulation of the environment as well as melee skills. Not to mention, she was roughly sixty years old at the time.

But the situation you provide is too vague. In a neutral environment, I'd imagine Starkiller would cream her.

NonSensi-Klown
Agreed. Mara's abilities are far too subtle to be of much use in a straight up, run of the mill fight.

Autokrat
Funny how Mara was sixty something, I could have sworn that the cover showed a red haired chick her in 20s...

xxxpoppunker182
the force has been good to her....

Lucien A
And how!

kotorfan
Originally posted by Gideon
This statement is misleading. Starkiller was not, in the strict sense, an assassin. A killer? Yes. A thug? Yes. But the word assassin implies a certain level of stealth and skill; Starkiller possessed neither. His were the merits of raw, unadulterated power. Mara Jade, on the other hand, is an obscenely gifted assassin and saboteur. She was an Emperor's Hand, the greatest and most skilled assassins we have seen in the mythos, capable of remarkable battle cunning and combat training that gives her a considerable advantage.

Jacen Solo, a psuedo-Sith Lord whose powers were stated to be in excess of Darth Vader's as well as "second only" to LotF-era Luke Skywalker, as well as a supposed "genius," got his ass handed to him by his aunt Mara, despite the fact that her powers were stated to be vastly inferior to his due to manipulation of the environment as well as melee skills. Not to mention, she was roughly sixty years old at the time.

But the situation you provide is too vague. In a neutral environment, I'd imagine Starkiller would cream her.

I agree that Starkiller could cream Mara.

and I also think that ANYONE "has powers in excess of Darth Vader's"
cuz since he has no defense against lightning (but his suit protected him from lightning injuries), he suit would stop working and would die. Therefore people like Jaina or Bastila could take Vader out with force lightning for a prolonged exposure. unless Jaina's or Bastila's lightning was so uber that it rivaled Palpy's lightning which only lasted for like 3 sec. max.

ya the cover showed Mara with red hair in Sacrifice. lol no aging I suppose.. so she is immortal now? Mara wins for sure then.

Gideon
Then you'd get the MORON stamp pretty quickly. George Lucas says Vader's powers are roughly 80% of Sidious's. Jaina and especially Bastila don't remotely come close.

kotorfan
I said has powers not that they can beat him with those powers...

since starkiller couldn't fry suit vader with lightning and he was able to fry an atst.

Gideon
Did you not read?

You said you believed that anyone had powers in excess of Darth Vader, i.e. being more powerful than he is. That's a dumb contention.

kotorfan
Did you not read?

You said you believed that anyone had powers in excess of Darth Vader, i.e. being more powerful than he is. That's a dumb contention.

I would probably try to explain more but too tired and need to do hw so
ok u win.

u'll probably win anyways but w/e

Faunus
Did you not read?

You said you believed that anyone had powers in excess of Darth Vader, i.e. being more powerful than he is. That's a dumb contention. I think he meant powers as in techniques. Like Force-lightning.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.