Sephiroth vs. Ultimecia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark-Jaxx
Apparently, Sephiroth is the single most powerful character in all of the games made by Square-Enix.

I respectfully, disagree.

This is AC Sephiroth vs. Time Compressed Ultimecia.

Who wins?

Wei Phoenix
I'm not a FF expert or fan. I only played X, but my friends say that Ultemecia was like the actual universe and reality of that game. If she was able to warp the world and do whatever she liked then I guess she stomps Sephiroth who IMO is overrated. What exactly can she do though?

Keollyn
Ultimecia is just as overrated as Sephiroth is.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Keollyn

Doubt it seeing as I rarely hear about her everywhere I go, but ever Con has everyone and ther grandma dressed as Sephiroth and claiming that he is the god of all that is cool. Square doesn't milk Ultimecia like they do Sephiroth.

k1Lla441
Originally posted by Keollyn
I dont know about that because i never heard of ultimecia until now, and i always hear about sephiroth. then again ive never played a ff game.

MadMel
ultemecia is barely talked about, due to the fact that the last disk of ff8 was kinda crap erm
she is nowhere near as overrated as seph is..

fascistcrusader
Time Compression Ultimecia was basically in control over the entire universe at all times. Squall and Co only defeated her because fate deemed that they would. Poor Sephiroth has no chance here, TC Ultimecia is undeniably the most powerful villain in the FF series.

KN7JL3
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Time Compression Ultimecia was basically in control over the entire universe at all times. Squall and Co only defeated her because fate deemed that they would. Poor Sephiroth has no chance here, TC Ultimecia is undeniably the most powerful villain in the FF series. no expression

Holy sh1t.

This thing is dang powerful.

SHM
Time Compression Ultimecia was basically in control over the entire universe at all times.

No. She was using TC to absorb the universe, and then, gain control over it(because she would basically, become the universe itself).
But she was defeated before absorbing everything, and therefore, never gained control over the entire universe at all times.

And KN7JL3... If you want to know more about Ultimecia, just go to her Respect Thread.

Ah, and Ultimecia rapes Seph.

Keollyn
I said she's overrated, not overused.

She's not nearly as powerful as people who do talk about her make her.

Dark-Jaxx
Other than the fact that she was literally able to absorb all of reality and was doing so during the final battle, she can take absract concepts from people's minds and make Guardian Forces from them, she has the entire half of the Great Hyne granted to humanity(in other words, every Sorceress power), and was able to compress time to one single moment(although, this particular feat took a while).

Oh and SHM, was it ever stated she needed Time Compression to absorb the universe? I thought she only did Time Compression so she can absorb all space, AND time?

SHM
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Oh and SHM, was it ever stated she needed Time Compression to absorb the universe? I thought she only did Time Compression so she can absorb all space, AND time?

The Scans and Tutorials, states that she was using TC to absorb the power of all sorceresses in history.
And in her final form, it states that she was "absorbing all existence".

bloodlust247
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Doubt it seeing as I rarely hear about her everywhere I go, but ever Con has everyone and ther grandma dressed as Sephiroth and claiming that he is the god of all that is cool. Square doesn't milk Ultimecia like they do Sephiroth. Square doesn't do the milking.. it's the fans who like Sephiroth.. fans just don't happen to like Ultimecia much and FF8 was just sort of lack luster compared to FF7

bloodlust247
she has the entire half of the Great Hyne granted to humanity(in other words, every Sorceress power),

when you're talking about cosmic levels and things pertaining to the entire universe then a having an entire half of a power granted to humanity isn't anything impressive at all.. considering how huge the universe is compared to Earth.. Earth is smaller than a single grain of sand in the ocean compared to the size of the universe

Wil7
Sephiroth wins, but I also remember the producer saying that the only person from any Squareenix game that could beat Seph is Ultemecia, so I won't be surprised if Ultemecia wins, but do I think she can do it, probably not.

Sephiroth by, I say 6-8/10

Time Compression Ultimecia was basically in control over the entire universe at all times. Squall and Co only defeated her because fate deemed that they would. Poor Sephiroth has no chance here, TC Ultimecia is undeniably the most powerful villain in the FF series.

Do you honestly think that just because Squall and Co were deemed to win means that Sephiroth can't win? laughing out loud , f*****g hilarious. Squall and Co together probably couldn't beat Sephiroth, and they won't be deemed to win against Sephiroth. It would just be skill and skill vs even more skill.

fascistcrusader
Squall and Co had massive amounts of PIS on their side, unfortunately for Sephy there would be nothing to stop Ultimecia from simply erasing him from the universe at every point on the timeline.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by bloodlust247
Square doesn't do the milking.. it's the fans who like Sephiroth.. fans just don't happen to like Ultimecia much and FF8 was just sort of lack luster compared to FF7 No matter your view-point, Ultimecia was unarguably absorbing all of reality, and she also had every Sorceress Power.

Great Hyne, granted that power, but it turns out that "half" of him was much weaker than the other half.

Hyne is essentially the most powerful being in all of Final Fantasy, although we never actually "see" him in the game.

Wil7, prove it. If you can't, STFU and GTFO, an outlandish claim like that necessitates proof, considering all evidence points to Ultimecia's obvious superiority.

And Squall and friends defeated Ultimecia through Love and Friendship, which, as you should already know if you have watched Digimon, is the most powerful force in all existence.

bloodlust247
for the last time she was not absorbing reality.. she was compressing time and she failed at it.. plus she wasn't even doing it on her own.. she used Edea.. Rinoa and Adel and a machine.. not to mention that Squall and them only let her proceed just so they could get to her and kill her lol.. am i the only one who actually played the game?

SHM
for the last time she was not absorbing reality.. she was compressing time and she failed at it.. plus she wasn't even doing it on her own.. she used Edea.. Rinoa and Adel and a machine.. not to mention that Squall and them only let her proceed just so they could get to her and kill her lol.. am i the only one who actually played the game?

You really need to read Ultimecia's Respect Thread.

KN7JL3
Originally posted by Wil7
Sephiroth wins, but I also remember the producer saying that the only person from any Squareenix game that could beat Seph is Ultemecia'kay, sup with all this nonsense about producer said this and that. The only thing I think is right as far as that goes is Seph is strongest entity in FF7. And even if what you said is true does it apply to all future Square Enix games? e.g. Infinite Undiscovery/Last Remnant?

bloodlust247
Originally posted by SHM
You really need to read Ultimecia's Respect Thread.
why would i need to read it.. i've played the game.. i know what happened in the game

Dark-Jaxx
No, you clearly don't, as if you scan Ultimecia's final and true form, it states she was currently absorbing reality.

Wil7
Originally posted by KN7JL3
'kay, sup with all this nonsense about producer said this and that. The only thing I think is right as far as that goes is Seph is strongest entity in FF7. And even if what you said is true does it apply to all future Square Enix games? e.g. Infinite Undiscovery/Last Remnant?

True, they could make stronger people than Sephiroth, and Ultemecia, but so far, Sephiroth, from what I have seen is the strongest.

DJ, and Bloodlust, both of you are right.

SHM
No, you clearly don't, as if you scan Ultimecia's final and true form, it states she was currently absorbing reality.

And it's not just stated, but showed. The final battle happens in space, and IIRC we can see Ultimecia absorbing the stars. Or the galaxies... I don't remember.

bloodlust247
No, you clearly don't, as if you scan Ultimecia's final and true form, it states she was currently absorbing reality. just think about what you're saying.. you're letting the ambition of what you want the words to mean get the better of you

Dark-Jaxx
True, they could make stronger people than Sephiroth, and Ultemecia, but so far, Sephiroth, from what I have seen is the strongest Then you have not seen much. Sephiroth cannot even bust a planet on a whim, he's really just a fast, strong guy with a few nifty powers(which he supposedly has, but never really uses), and can destroy a planet over a period of at least 3 years. Whoa.

It took Ultimecia at most a year to compress time so that she could absorb all of reality.

And thinking back, SHM is right, Ultimecia was shown absorbing stars and shit in the battle.

Oh and bloodlust, it said all reality, how would you interpret that? That it was her perspective of what existed? Lol.

SHM
just think about what you're saying.. you're letting the ambition of what you want the words to mean get the better of you

*sigh*

Dark-Jaxx
Hm.

I thought it said all reality.

But yeah, that completely proves the case, she was absorbing all time and space, and all existence.

Wil7
Then you have not seen much. Sephiroth cannot even bust a planet on a whim, he's really just a fast, strong guy with a few nifty powers(which he supposedly has, but never really uses), and can destroy a planet over a period of at least 3 years. Whoa.

It took Ultimecia at most a year to compress time so that she could absorb all of reality.

And thinking back, SHM is right, Ultimecia was shown absorbing stars and shit in the battle.

Oh and bloodlust, it said all reality, how would you interpret that? That it was her perspective of what existed? Lol.

Ask yourself this question. Just because someone can destoy more than someone else, does it automatically mean that person is stronger? I don't think it does. I will talk anime real quick.

EX: Goku defeats Broly, Goku defeats Buu, and Goku defeated Freiza.

1 on 1 battles are completly different then who can destroy more battles, of course that is my opinion.

The 3 years that went bye was the time from FFVII, to FFVII AC I think.

Dark-Jaxx
Ask yourself this question. Just because someone can destoy more than someone else, does it automatically mean that person is stronger? I don't think it does. I will talk anime real quick.

EX: Goku defeats Broly, Goku defeats Buu, and Goku defeated Freiza.

1 on 1 battles are completly different then who can destroy more battles, of course that is my opinion.

The 3 years that went bye was the time from FFVII, to FFVII AC I think. Goku had help, an amp, and PIS to defeat Broly.

Goku beat Buu with a Spirit Bomb made from all the power on Earth, more than has ever been used before, and then had to be repowered to finish him with it.

Goku was far more powerful than Freeza, with a PL of 160,000,000 compared to Freeza's 120,000,000.

And Ultimecia was RAPIDLY absorbing stars and shit. She would rapidly absorb Sephiroth.

Wil7
Goku had help, an amp, and PIS to defeat Broly.

Goku beat Buu with a Spirit Bomb made from all the power on Earth, more than has ever been used before, and then had to be repowered to finish him with it.

Goku was far more powerful than Freeza, with a PL of 160,000,000 compared to Freeza's 120,000,000.

And Ultimecia was RAPIDLY absorbing stars and shit. She would rapidly absorb Sephiroth.

I won't disagree, but they haved destroyed way more shit then Goku, and he still won.

Ultemecia, as I recall didn't absorb Squall, and his friend(s). Sephiroth is stronger then Squall, and his firend(s). Ultemecia lost to Squall, but apparently, she lost because they were deemed. I think with her absorbing powers she wins, without them, she loses.

Dark-Jaxx
I won't disagree, but they haved destroyed way more shit then Goku, and he still won.

Ultemecia, as I recall didn't absorb Squall, and his friend(s). Sephiroth is stronger then Squall, and his firend(s). Ultemecia lost to Squall, but apparently, she lost because they were deemed. I think with her absorbing powers she wins, without them, she loses. They were immune to her absorption because of the love and faith they had in eachother(and yes, I am serious, this was even explained in detail in the game), something Sephiroth does not have.

bloodlust247
Hm.

I thought it said all reality.

But yeah, that completely proves the case, she was absorbing all time and space, and all existence. once again reality is not all time and space.. it's the time and space that we know of.. or in this case that the character (Ulitmecia) knows of.. in FF7 they were in a world called Gaia.. in FF8 it was Esthar or some shit.. that's their reality.. i mean seriously if you're trying to tell that with 'half the power granted to mankind' she was trying to absorb every planet.. every universe.. every living entity from a far off galaxy.. every dimension.. every parallel universe and so on.. then i'm just gonna laugh at you.. do you know how small mankind is in the grand scheme of things

fascistcrusader
Please stop your baseless rantings, bloodlust. The game, the Ultimania, everything that speaks on the matter says she was absorbing everything , not just what she was aware of, but every last thing in existence.

bloodlust247
yea keep thinking that buddy.. Pyron.. Thanos.. Galactus.. Majin Buu.. even Vegeta would smack her into old lady dust before she even got a chance to raise her hand to cast a move

fascistcrusader
Ultimecia makes Galactus look like he's a light eater. Consuming all of everything will always be more powerful than consuming one planet at a time.

MadMel
lemme repeat this, cuz you either didn't see it, bloodlust, or you simply ignored it

bloodlust247
yea and before someone posted.. user scan - absorbing all reality as we speak.. so someone is making things up.. and like i said it wouldn't matter to me.. FF doesn't exist on Earth or incorporate Earth and it's own realm's existence together so i have no idea of what reality or existence is to the characters in the game.. for all i know all existence could be one planet or one solar system.. so no matter how much anybody tries to convince me i'm never gonna believe that someone with half the power granted to mankind could absorbed all the reality or existence that WE know.. and i will never believe she could defeat anybody the likes of Pyron or Silver Surfer or Shuma-Gorath or Broly.. nor will i ever put her in the same catergory as them

fascistcrusader
So you're finally admitting that you're not going by feats here, you just don't like Ultimecia so you're not going to say she wins.

We have a scan saying she was absorbing all of existence, and your silly claim that she was just absorbing one planet or solar system is disproven very quickly by the fact that we see her absorbing stars.

bloodlust247
So you're finally admitting that you're not going by feats here, you just don't like Ultimecia so you're not going to say she wins.

We have a scan saying she was absorbing all of existence, and your silly claim that she was just absorbing one planet or solar system is disproven very quickly by the fact that we see her absorbing stars.
first off.. everybody keeps saying they have a scan of something different.. so i'm not buying that shit your shoveling.. next i am the one going by her feats and the canon.. because in the canon she needs a machine.. plus Edea.. plus Seifer.. plus Adel.. plus Rinoa to attempt time compression.. and still she never completed it.. then she was killed by Squall.. that's all game canon

Dark-Jaxx
So in other words...

Despite evidence that all existence was absorbed, which was depicted as stars and planets being drawn into her at incredible speeds, you still are going to deny the fact that she did it?

Fanboy.

And no one posted a different scan. If you think so, prove it.

bloodlust247
lol you're funny dude.. do you juggle too? you keep talking about evidence.. what evidence.. i've provided game canon.. all you've provided is nonsense that YOU HAVEN'T PROVED.. how could i deny a fact when nobody has produced a fact.. game canon is game canon.. it's as simple as that.. you can pick and choose all you want but it's not helping your cause

Dark-Jaxx
lol you're funny dude.. do you juggle too? you keep talking about evidence.. what evidence.. i've provided game canon.. all you've provided is nonsense that YOU HAVEN'T PROVED.. how could i deny a fact when nobody has produced a fact.. game canon is game canon.. it's as simple as that.. you can pick and choose all you want but it's not helping your cause I notice how you didn't actually address the evidence presented by SHM, nor any point from me.

bloodlust247
what evidence? what point?

Dark-Jaxx
Go back a page.

Or did you really miss the quote from the scan SHM posted?

bloodlust247
it's a quote on a message board lol.. that's not evidence.. i could look up any game canon and find 10 different entries claiming to be the correct one on Google

bloodlust247
hey madmel.. i'll save you the trouble..

"blah blah blah nonsense.. shit talking without stating any facts at all.. i just reply to talk shit because i can't do nothing else"-madmel

MadMel
wont dignify with response erm
oh wait stick out tongue
looky what i found
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197343/51741
go down the ultemecia stats guide down the bottom and you'll see the quote

bloodlust247
hey madmel.. i'll save you the trouble..

"blah blah blah nonsense.. shit talking without stating any facts at all.. i just reply to talk shit because i can't do nothing else"-madmel

MadMel
Originally posted by MadMel
wont dignify with response erm
oh wait stick out tongue
looky what i found
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197343/51741
go down the ultemecia stats guide down the bottom and you'll see the quote

bloodlust247
"hahahahaha you're like the unsmartest person ever!! hahahahahaha
let me break it down on a kindergarten level for you..

peep game.. in Ultimecia's 'reality' she is on a world that includes Esthar or something.. in the world that Pyron exists in.. there is Earth and Andromeda and so on.. places that we know the size of.. so we can tell the relevance of a place such as 'Makai' or his home planet 'Hellstorm' by comparing them.. in Ultimecia's realm there is no Mars or Earth or Andromeda.. so we have absolutely no idea about the actual size of her 'reality'.. since we have no actual place to compare it to.. and by the fact that dudes like Pyron could (in a reality that includes Earth and Andromeda) easily destroy all of mankind a billion fold.. i highly doubt that someone with 'half the power granted to mankind' could compete with them or even be in a league close to them"--you're secret desire

MadMel
ok so now you are repeating yourself..
if it did make sense the first time, chances are it wont the second time, buddy erm

bloodlust247
"hahahahaha you're like the unsmartest person ever!! hahahahahaha
let me break it down on a kindergarten level for you..

peep game.. in Ultimecia's 'reality' she is on a world that includes Esthar or something.. in the world that Pyron exists in.. there is Earth and Andromeda and so on.. places that we know the size of.. so we can tell the relevance of a place such as 'Makai' or his home planet 'Hellstorm' by comparing them.. in Ultimecia's realm there is no Mars or Earth or Andromeda.. so we have absolutely no idea about the actual size of her 'reality'.. since we have no actual place to compare it to.. and by the fact that dudes like Pyron could (in a reality that includes Earth and Andromeda) easily destroy all of mankind a billion fold.. i highly doubt that someone with 'half the power granted to mankind' could compete with them or even be in a league close to them"--you're secret desire

bloodlust247
"Most of Final Fantasy VIII is set on an unnamed fantasy world with one moon. The planet comprises five major landmasses, with Esthar, the largest, covering most of the eastern portion of the map. Galbadia, the second largest continent, lies to the west, and contains many of the game's locations. The northernmost landmass is Trabia, an Arctic region. Positioned roughly in the middle of the world map lies Balamb, the smallest continent, the island on which the game begins. The remaining two landmasses are smaller and mostly desolate, riddled with rough, rocky terrain caused by the impact of a "Lunar Cry", an event where monsters from the moon fall to the planet. The southernmost landmass includes an archipelago of broken sections of land that have drifted apart. Islands and marine structures flesh out the rest of the game world, and a handful of off-world locations round out the game's playable area"--fact guide

General Kaliero
bloodlust247, if I see baiting, flaming, or trolling of any kind again, you will receive a warning.

bloodlust247
lol i didn't know that being followed around threads by someone meant i was the one baiting them.. the dude signed on and responded only to the threads i posted in and only replied to my posts with shit talking but whatever i guess i'll have to ask around

Wil7
lol i didn't know that being followed around threads by someone meant i was the one baiting them.. the dude signed on and responded only to the threads i posted in and only replied to my posts with shit talking but whatever i guess i'll have to ask around

bloodlust247, shut the heck up.

Without Powers- Sephiroth
With Powers- Ultemecia in a stomp

bloodlust247
are you trying to bait me buddy.. i don't see you debating anything.. i think you're just trying to flame me.. ut oh

nice edit.. i'll have to retract the 'i don't see you debating anything' statement.. so how about this.. Sephiroth easily because Ultimecia is too slow with or without powers

Wil7
are you trying to bait me buddy.. i don't see you debating anything.. i think you're just trying to flame me.. ut oh

nice edit.. i'll have to retract the 'i don't see you debating anything' statement.. so how about this.. Sephiroth easily because Ultimecia is too slow with or without powers

Hey, I think Sephiroth would win if Ultemecia didn't have powers, but if she did, dude she would suck Sephiroth, Kratos, Dante, Dark Titan, Pyron, etc all at the same time with little to no problems.

bloodlust247
lol maybe Sephiroth because he exists in a similar fictional world of FF.. but her existence isn't related to Kratos or Pyron.. it's impossible to estimate the size of her 'reality' or 'existence' because it's not stated how big it is other than the landmasses described on one single planet and there is no actual place that we know (like Earth or Andromeda) to compare it to

Wil7
lol maybe Sephiroth because he exists in a similar fictional world of FF.. but her existence isn't related to Kratos or Pyron.. it's impossible to estimate the size of her 'reality' or 'existence' because it's not stated how big it is other than the landmasses described on one single planet and there is no actual place that we know (like Earth or Andromeda) to compare it to

Sephiroth, Kratos, and Pyron are all part of the universe, and Ultemecia was absorbing everything in the universe, even the stars. Easily stated, she was going to absorb EVERY SINGLE THING IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE. Sephiroth has no moves, now when I think about it, that can hit her, nothing at all. She will absorb everything of his. You can name anything of Sephiroth's and she will absorb it, except for probably Heartless Angel, but he won't be able to get that off at all.

bloodlust247
Ultimecia does not 'exist' in the same universe as Pyron or Kratos.. we have no idea what her existence includes.. the backdrop of the game she is in doesn't give us enough detail to compare it.. so stop repeating yourself.. when you argue a point you're supposed to supply evidence.. show me some evidence that you know how big or what Ultimecia's existence or universe includes

MadMel
she was absorbing entire stars with great speed, and the only reason squall + co weren't absorbed was due to love and friendship (literally)...nothing will stop pyron and kratos from getting absorbed..

Wil7
Originally posted by MadMel
she was absorbing entire stars with great speed, and the only reason squall + co weren't absorbed was due to love and friendship (literally)...nothing will stop pyron and kratos from getting absorbed..

Exactly

Pyron_Knight
EDIT

Phanteros
this seems one sided for the fact ultimecia is a really a reality buster.

Ultimecia>>>>>>>silver haired pansy

Burning thought
absorber, busters destroy things dont they? as in, planet busting is blowing the planet up...

MadMel
absorbing can technically be interpreted as a form of destroying erm

GrieverSquall
... Interesting debate, I shall add something.
First off, Ultimecia wins.

In my opinion, she just in her normal form can easily defeat Sephiroth because is a living Goddess. She could extract and materialize something from Sephiroth's thoughts as she did to Squall. Basically she would extract a God from Sephiroth's mind as that must be the most strongest thought Sephiroth could have. That's my theory.

MadMel
or she could stop time and cut sephy to a million pieces erm

GrieverSquall
I think this thread is basically done, it seems all or most of the people agrees in Ultimecia's victory. The only capable warrior who could defeat Ultimecia in a 1-1 is Squall, the legendary SeeD, there are no others.

SpadeKing
Sephiroth doesn't have the PIS of friendship to save him.

K1ll3r
Originally posted by NemeBro
and can destroy a planet over a period of at least 3 years. Whoa.

Why 3 years?

Originally posted by NemeBro

That would be bad for Ultimecia not Sephiroth.

Originally posted by GrieverSquall
I think this thread is basically done, it seems all or most of the people agrees in Ultimecia's victory. The only capable warrior who could defeat Ultimecia in a 1-1 is Squall, the legendary SeeD, there are no others.

I disagree. People have forgotten the viral way of Jenova if Ultimecia absorbed Sephiroth...Ultimecia would most likely be under control of Sephiroth.

She could extract and materialize something from Sephiroth's thoughts as she did to Squall.

Sephiroth could also shapeshift into her.

Sephiroth could also extract and materialize something from her thoughts or shapeshift into something from her memories.

Burning thought
Jenova virally infected the mako energy/lifestream. Ultemecia is from a universe where that does not exist therefore she cannot be made from it.

K1ll3r
Originally posted by Burning thought
Jenova virally infected the mako energy/lifestream. Ultemecia is from a universe where that does not exist therefore she cannot be made from it.

Jenova virally infected the Cetra and Cloud and many Sephiroth clones (Allowing Sephiroth to control them smile.

Jeez.

The fact that jenova cells can infect such an abstract energy just proves that Ultemecia would also get infected.

Burning thought
Who are from FF7 planet and whos form is lifestream.

No because Ultemecia is not an abstract energy. Her cells simply infected the cells the lifestream makes. That does not mena she can do the same to every other entity in other universes. No limit fallacy.

K1ll3r
Who are from FF7 planet and whos form is lifestream.

No because Ultemecia is not an abstract energy. Her cells simply infected the cells the lifestream makes. That does not mena she can do the same to every other entity in other universes. No limit fallacy.

*sigh* Jenova cells don't infect the spirit energy inside a person, it infects the person physically.

Ultemecia is a lot easier to infect then an abstract energy.

The Lifestream is abstract. I hope you understand what that means.

XanatosForever
How long does it take for a Jenova infection to take control, on average?

K1ll3r
As soon as the cells enter the body the person is infected and can be controlled on Sephiroths whim.

Burning thought
Originally posted by K1ll3r
*sigh* Jenova cells don't infect the spirit energy inside a person, it infects the person physically.

Ultemecia is a lot easier to infect then an abstract energy.

The Lifestream is abstract. I hope you understand what that means.

Thats because people are made from the lifestream, hence why sephiroth once he has the negative stream can create entities.

nah, shes got no lifestream in her. Geostigma for the example works on spirit energy, Jenova cells infect the lifestream and when the lifestrream came out to stop meteor people also got infected. The body of the people infected try to stop the infectio nthe same way lifestream stopped meteor, hence the sickness and how Sephiroth controls the neg lifestream/geostigma people.

No its a stream of spirit energy within the planet, abstract is what the spirit is in our world.

K1ll3r
Thats because people are made from the lifestream, hence why sephiroth once he has the negative stream can create entities.

People in FF7 are born just like everyone else. Even if they are directly made from lifestream such as Kadaj and crew, the molecular structure and everything is exactly the same, the skin is no longer lifestream it is SKIN just like Ultimecias.

nah, shes got no lifestream in her.

That doesn't matter, the cells don't just infect lifestream or spirit energy they infect the physical part. Saying the skin was created a different way doesn't change anything it is skin!

I understand what you are trying to say, errrrr lifestream makes things that makes them different but no, no it doesn't being created differently doesn't change the molecular makeup or give some sort of weakness.

Geostigma for the example works on spirit energy, Jenova cells infect the lifestream and when the lifestrream came out to stop meteor people also got infected. The body of the people infected try to stop the infectio nthe same way lifestream stopped meteor, hence the sickness and how Sephiroth controls the neg lifestream/geostigma people.

What?

No its a stream of spirit energy within the planet, abstract is what the spirit is in our world.

*sigh*

GrieverSquall
If Sephiroth is absorbed, he would form part of Ultimecia before he could raise a hand, so I don't think so. Ultimecia was absorbing the Time and Space, also Stars and planets, Sephiroth would be consumed in 1 second. It seems there still people who underestimates Ultimecia's powers... Too bad.

Huh? Since when Sephiroth is able to perform that ability? Sorry, but Sephiroth can't do that...

Nephthys
I don't know how relevent it is but Ultimacia could possess people who resisted Time Compression through sheer will-power. Its highly unlikely that something could possess her, if thats what Sephiroth tries.

GrieverSquall
The fact is that Sephiroth can't do what Ultimecia can do. So I don't know what he tried to say with: "Sephiroth can extract and materialize things from thoughts".

Ultimecia's powers are beyond Sephiroth's, simple as that.

fascistcrusader
Sephiroth has no hope of surviving against Time Compression Ultimecia. The FF VIII characters would have been completely erased before even facing her if it weren't for the lame PIS of love and friendship protecting them. If Sephiroth even tried to fight her she would simply erase him from all spacetime, it wouldn't just be Sephiroth is gone, it would be Sephiroth never existed.

wakkawakkawakka
Sephiroth has no hope of surviving against Time Compression Ultimecia. The FF VIII characters would have been completely erased before even facing her if it weren't for the lame PIS of love and friendship protecting them. If Sephiroth even tried to fight her she would simply erase him from all spacetime, it wouldn't just be Sephiroth is gone, it would be Sephiroth never existed.

And some people still say he's better than her.

If someone said Sephiroth was Badass: HELL YEAH!

If someone said that Sephiroth was a threat to space-time and the general concept of existence itself: HELL NO!

Sephiroth has no chance, no hope, not even a prayer. Seriously, I know Sephiroth is overrated but c'mon this is too much.

GrieverSquall
He may be better than her.
In popularity.

K1ll3r
If Sephiroth is absorbed, he would form part of Ultimecia before he could raise a hand, so I don't think so. Ultimecia was absorbing the Time and Space, also Stars and planets, Sephiroth would be consumed in 1 second. It seems there still people who underestimates Ultimecia's powers... Too bad.

Huh? Since when Sephiroth is able to perform that ability? Sorry, but Sephiroth can't do that...

Why would he need to raise a hand, viral is the way of Jenova, his will would still exist even if she absorbed him and all his Jenova cells.

Rofl, Sephiroth has Mime\Mimic the ability to read minds\memories and he has the Negative Lifestream which can be used to materialise things, for example his sword.

Sorry, but you are wrong.

Originally posted by Nephthys
I don't know how relevent it is but Ultimacia could possess people who resisted Time Compression through sheer will-power. Its highly unlikely that something could possess her, if thats what Sephiroth tries.

I wouldn't call it possess, if she absorbs him she has Jenova cells in her. It's like the Jenova infection that pretty much wiped out the creators of magic in FF7. It would be a battle of wills between Ultimecia and Sephiroth for control of the body.

What? When did she ever erase someone from space and time?

fascistcrusader
TC Ultimecia controls all of space and all of time, she could erase anyone and anything she wished. Notice the stars being sucked into her in the final battle, this is her absorbing all the universe after compressing time to a single point.

K1ll3r
She does not control it all.

She didn't compress time all on her own, even though she does have very good time manipulation feats.

I know she was absorbing the universe, but that doesn't mean she could just make anyone cease to exist.

GrieverSquall
Why would he need to raise a hand, viral is the way of Jenova, his will would still exist even if she absorbed him and all his Jenova cells.

Rofl, Sephiroth has Mime\Mimic the ability to read minds\memories and he has the Negative Lifestream which can be used to materialise things, for example his sword.

You must be joking, you are claiming that Sephiroth would be able to exist after being absorbed? Why we don't take in consideration Ultimecia's words:

-"I am Ultimecia. Time shall compress...All existence denied."

Existence is denied, after being absorbed, Sephiroth is DEAD.

He can read minds? So? Ultimecia, can do it as well and through Time. You claimed that Sephiroth could extract something from Ultimecia's mind, Sephiroth can't do such thing. Don't invent things to elevate him above his true abilities.

SpadeKing
Ultimecia on the other hand can extract things from someone's mind. Creating the ultimate GF out of the minds of her oppenant and later creating the most powerful magical attack out of her own mind.

Fascist remember that talk we had about Sephiroth??? This applies here.

LLLLLink
My gamer-sense is telling me Ultimecia dominates Sephiroth...

wakkawakkawakka
This is slowly becoming a stomp thread. Had Sephiroth actually completed his goal, he would have turned into the Final Fantasy version of Galactus and posed more o a challenge. However since he didn't, he gets shot down by an actual universal threat.

GrieverSquall
Ultimecia would still surpass him. Without mentioning that if Ultimecia would have completed her goal she would be able to be at Chaos level. Her goal was to become a Goddess, the existence itself.

LLLLLink
She reminded me a lot of Nobunaga Oda, especially with the failed sniper scene...

K1ll3r
You must be joking, you are claiming that Sephiroth would be able to exist after being absorbed? Why we don't take in consideration Ultimecia's words:

-"I am Ultimecia. Time shall compress...All existence denied."

Existence is denied, after being absorbed, Sephiroth is DEAD.

He can read minds? So? Ultimecia, can do it as well and through Time. You claimed that Sephiroth could extract something from Ultimecia's mind, Sephiroth can't do such thing. Don't invent things to elevate him above his true abilities.

What the hell are you babbling about? She can't do it through time if it is compressed, this is all happening within a single point of time.

Sephiroth can to, he can extract all memories of a being exactly like Jenova laughing. If you don't know this, you have no idea about Sephiroth. Even Cloud had a basic level of mime\mimic as he took memories from Tifa. Don't talk about things you don't know about.

Lol, lets go by a quote of a villain...not. Ultimecia wouldn't be able to destroy Sephiroths will even if she absorbed him. Also Sephiroth still created three beings after dieing, his will still exists the only way to defeat him is to knock back his will and even that only lasts a while but would be considered a defeat 'cause he can't regenerate from that straight away.

Also Sephiroth created a more powerful spell then her.

fascistcrusader
Sephiroth can extract memories and read thoughts, but Ultimecia can pull horrifying creatures out of your imagination just for funsies. Ultimecia made the Griever from nothing out of a design from Squall's subconscious.

GrieverSquall
Lol, lets go by a quote of a villain...not. Ultimecia wouldn't be able to destroy Sephiroths will even if she absorbed him. Also Sephiroth still created three beings after dieing, his will still exists the only way to defeat him is to knock back his will and even that only lasts a while but would be considered a defeat 'cause he can't regenerate from that straight away

It seems we have a Sephiroth fan-boy here... Anyway. Ultimecia was absorbing the existence, do you know what existence means? Sephiroth not only would be dead after being absorbed, he would form part of Ultimecia's power, Sephiroth's will would be automatically Ultimecia's will. Sephiroth have no salvation nor hope from Time Compression Ultimecia, no one have.

Oh... And Like I said, Ultimecia would still defeat him without the need to absorb him, she can extract a creature from Sephiroth's mind as she did to Squall, imagine it... Extracting something from Sephiroth, she could easily extract a God-like creature.

K1ll3r
It seems we have a Sephiroth fan-boy here...

Yes, indeed.

Anyway. Ultimecia was absorbing the existence, do you know what existence means?

No, I obvioiusly don't know what existence means...

Sephiroth not only would be dead after being absorbed,

Proof please.

he would form part of Ultimecia's power,

Lol, Jenova cells, she has never shown any protection against anything like Jenova cells.

Sephiroth's will would be automatically Ultimecia's will.

Proof please, she never absorbed a person, Jenova cells would take over her body, allowing Sephiroth to control her. His will has more feats then hers.

Sephiroth have no salvation nor hope from Time Compression Ultimecia, no one have.

BS.

Oh... And Like I said, Ultimecia would still defeat him without the need to absorb him,

No, Sephiroth can move much faster then her. Her reaction speed is not good enough to keep up with Sephiroth.

she can extract a creature from Sephiroth's mind as she did to Squall, imagine it... Extracting something from Sephiroth, she could easily extract a God-like creature.

Sephiroth can also extract something from her mind. rolling on floor laughing

fascistcrusader
Sephiroth might be able to read her thoughts, but he can't turn her day dreams into living, breathing creatures. I love Sephiroth too, but he gets stomped hard against Ultimecia.

wakkawakkawakka
I think that Ultimecia absorbing all of existence, controlling space-time, and making powerful creatures from a person's subconcious out classes ,the forever and a day to cast, meteor. For people like me that are oblivious to most of the villians in the Final Fantasy universe, you will be able to understand this simple principle of power.(Thanks to Star Ocean)

Universal Threat>>>>Galactic threat>>>>>>>>Planetary threat

However giving Sephiroth the benefit of the doubt ,Ultimecia sucks in Dissidia. (for a person without patience like me)

K1ll3r
Sephiroth can extract memories and read thoughts, but Ultimecia can pull horrifying creatures out of your imagination just for funsies. Ultimecia made the Griever from nothing out of a design from Squall's subconscious.

Sephiroth might be able to read her thoughts, but he can't turn her day dreams into living, breathing creatures. I love Sephiroth too, but he gets stomped hard against Ultimecia.

What? Sephiroth created three beings from images in the Lifestream surely he can create beings from images in a mind. He also did it while he was dead. Much better feat then hers.

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I think that Ultimecia absorbing all of existence,

She never absorbed all of existence.

controlling space-time,

Sorry, she didn't control space or time she could manipulate time a fair bit such as freezing it but she can't kill someone while it was frozen.

and making powerful creatures from a person's subconcious

SHM would destroy the being she created.

out classes ,the forever and a day to cast, meteor.

Meteor is like his worst spell.

For people like me that are oblivious to most of the villians in the Final Fantasy universe, you will be able to understand this simple principle of power.(Thanks to Star Ocean)

Universal Threat>>>>Galactic threat>>>>>>>>Planetary threat

However giving Sephiroth the benefit of the doubt ,Ultimecia sucks in Dissidia. (for a person without patience like me)

Mmm, sure Sephiroths light speed movement and attacks wouldn't do anything to Ultimecia. roll eyes (sarcastic)

GrieverSquall
What proof? Do you really think Sephiroth would be able to exist after being absorbed? Ultimecia was absorbing the Time and Space, stars and planets, destroying everything, becoming the existence itself.

Lol? I should "lol". She has never shown any protection against Jenova cells? How she could? Sephiroth has showed any protection against Time Compression...? Huh...? Jenova cells wouldn't exist after being absorbed, it seems you don't understand.

It's quite ironic how you pretend to see proofs when you are stating that Jenova cells would be able to exist after being absorbed and to take control over Ultimecia. No she never absorbed a person, she was literally absorbing all the existence.

She can teleport herself to any place.

Sin_Volvagia

Meteor is like his worst spell.

Nope, that's his best. Why do you think Tifa was so down about the end of the world? Besides, the party can withstand supernova. Supernova is not stronger than Meteor

Light speed movement? My ass.

fascistcrusader
Actually the party has never tanked Supernova canonically, and Sephiroth does have at least one move where he travels at the speed of light during it. The move is called Oblivion. Seph gets stomped here, but there's no need to underrate him either.

SpadeKing
Those who fell in battle was absorbed into Ultimecia, including those still on the planet with her and whatever may have been on the other planets being absorbed. So I'm sure she can absorb the people

GrieverSquall
Hell, Ultimecia was absorbing all the existence, the Universe. She wasn't playing like some dude who couldn't even take a single planet with a Spell that wasn't from his own powers. Meteor.

K1ll3r
What proof? Do you really think Sephiroth would be able to exist after being absorbed? Ultimecia was absorbing the Time and Space, stars and planets, destroying everything, becoming the existence itself.

What? Yes I do. Ultimecia was absorbing it, not destroying it, they are two different things.

Lol? I should "lol". She has never shown any protection against Jenova cells? How she could? Sephiroth has showed any protection against Time Compression...? Huh...? Jenova cells wouldn't exist after being absorbed, it seems you don't understand.

What destructive feat does Time Compression have? Oh that is right, nothing. Why wouldn't they exist after being absorbed? There is nothing suggesting things get destroyed when she absorbs them.

It's quite ironic how you pretend to see proofs when you are stating that Jenova cells would be able to exist after being absorbed and to take control over Ultimecia. No she never absorbed a person, she was literally absorbing all the existence.

Well, Jenova cells have survived being in the Lifestream I am sure they can 'survive' absorption not like absorbing something is destroying something anyway.

She can teleport herself to any place.

Quite right.

Nephthys
Actually, she absorbed the entire planet. And if your party members die she absorbs them too.

She blocked a sniper bullet after it had been fired. Her reaction time isn't to be sneezed at. Besides, as soon as the fight starts she can stop time. She doesn't need reaction time after that.

K1ll3r
Actually, she absorbed the entire planet. And if your party members die she absorbs them too.

Sorry that was supposed to be persons will.

She blocked a sniper bullet after it had been fired. Her reaction time isn't to be sneezed at. Besides, as soon as the fight starts she can stop time. She doesn't need reaction time after that.

It still isn't good enough to keep up with Sephiroth. Yes I am aware of her crazy time stopping abilities and I am aware she can stop it whenever she wants.

Nephthys
And yet you still think Sephiroth has a chance?

Sin_Volvagia
K1ll3R is to Sephiroth what ScreamPaste is to Link and BurningThought is to Kain.

K1ll3r
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
K1ll3R is to Sephiroth what ScreamPaste is to Link and BurningThought is to Kain.

This is what KMC has turned me into!

cry

And yes.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia

I'm having flashbacks of the Kain v Ultimacia thread right now. sad

GrieverSquall
What? Yes I do. Ultimecia was absorbing it, not destroying it, they are two different things.

Let me make it simple for you. For Time Compression Ultimecia: "Absorbing" = Destroying. She was becoming the existence itself denying the actual existence.

What destructive feat does Time Compression have? Oh that is right, nothing. Why wouldn't they exist after being absorbed? There is nothing suggesting things get destroyed when she absorbs them.

The Time Compression was an example... You said Ultimecia have no protection against Jenova cells, well, I said Sephiroth doesn't have protection against Time Compression, it was just an example. Squall survived Time Compression while returning back to his original period. What? So you are basically stating that the existence that was absorbed by Ultimecia exists after being absorbed? Does that makes sense to you? An Star would be able to exist inside Ultimecia after being absorbed? If you think so, lmao.

Well, Jenova cells have survived being in the Lifestream I am sure they can 'survive' absorption not like absorbing something is destroying something anyway.

Time Compression Ultimecia would absorb the Lifestream as well. She was becoming an Omnipotent Goddess, do you think simple Jenova cells would be able to overcome a Goddess? You don't make sense, dude.

Quite right.

This was already explained, but the only reason Ultimecia couldn't absorb Squall and his friends was because of the Friendship and Love between them. Ultimecia traveled through her own subconscious to create Apocalypse, the most powerful Black Magic. She thought about the most powerful spell and boom, she created it. Apocalypse does not exist, it was created by her own mental powers.

Sephiroth had problems fighting Cloud... Ultimecia can teleport herself to any place, Sephiroth would hardly hit her. Sephiroth is extremely powerful, but come on... He's not in her league.

But sure... Even if we put Goku and all the DBZ warriors along with God, Jesus, Chaos, Bart Simpson and Ben 10 against Sephiroth you would say he would still win, that's what makes you a fan-boy, no offense.

K1ll3r
Let me make it simple for you. For Time Compression Ultimecia: "Absorbing" = Destroying. She was becoming the existence itself denying the actual existence.

No it doesn't. I think you are taking a quote the wrong way.

The Time Compression was an example... You said Ultimecia have no protection against Jenova cells, well, I said Sephiroth doesn't have protection against Time Compression, it was just an example.

But you don't need protection against Time Compression.

Squall survived Time Compression while returning back to his original period. What? So you are basically stating that the existence that was absorbed by Ultimecia exists after being absorbed? Does that makes sense to you? An Star would be able to exist inside Ultimecia after being absorbed? If you think so, lmao.

Why not? She could work almost like a Black Hole!

Time Compression Ultimecia would absorb the Lifestream as well. She was becoming an Omnipotent Goddess, do you think simple Jenova cells would be able to overcome a Goddess? You don't make sense, dude.

I thought here we didn't take stock into titles like Goddess and the like? Simple Jenova cells? C'mon you are underrating Jenova cells greatly.

This was already explained, but the only reason Ultimecia couldn't absorb Squall and his friends was because of the Friendship and Love between them. Ultimecia traveled through her own subconscious to create Apocalypse, the most powerful Black Magic. She thought about the most powerful spell and boom, she created it. Apocalypse does not exist, it was created by her own mental powers.

I know that.

Sephiroth also created Supernova by his own 'mental' \ magical powers, he created it in his weakest form.

Sephiroth had problems fighting Cloud... Ultimecia can teleport herself to any place, Sephiroth would hardly hit her. Sephiroth is extremely powerful, but come on... He's not in her league.

Sephiroth had absolutely no trouble with Cloud. He had trouble with PiS though.

Lol, Ultimecia wouldn't see Sephiroth coming if he went full speed.

But sure... Even if we put Goku and all the DBZ warriors along with God, Jesus, Chaos, Bart Simpson and Ben 10 against Sephiroth you would say he would still win, that's what makes you a fan-boy, no offense.

Well yeah, I would argue Sephiroth would win that, but only because it would have been made in spite.

fascistcrusader
Killer, please concede for the sake of all Sephiroth fans. Your actions in here are making all of us look bad.

Ultimecia is a universe destroyer, Sephiroth is on a planetary scale. He loses, but if it makes you feel better you can make Sephiroth beat her in a quick battle in Dissidia.

K1ll3r
Lol, why concede? It's funner this way.

fascistcrusader
But you're taking away credibility from the objective Sephiroth fans.

GrieverSquall
No it doesn't. I think you are taking a quote the wrong way.

I think you don't know anything about Ultimecia. I've noticed how good you are at refuting arguments... "No it doesn't". You have absolutely nothing that suggests that Sephiroth would be able to defeat Ultimecia. Hell, Sephiroth was defeated three times by Cloud.

But you don't need protection against Time Compression.

You have to be aware, you'll end trapped in Time. You don't get it, I gave you that silly example to prove how wrong and pointless is your argument: "Ultimecia haven't shown any protection against Jenova cells". That's you whole argument.

Why not? She could work almost like a Black Hole!

Yeah...sure... A Black Hole would be able to absorb all the existence and the Universe... If a star makes contact with a Black Hole, its gravitational force would suck and annihilate the star in million pieces. That's the only argument you have...? You're being stubborn and irrational. Ultimecia was absorbing the Universe, a Black Hole is insignificant for her and would be easily absorbed as well. But no... now you would say: "The Black Hole would absorb Ultimecia from the inside and would take control over her".

I thought here we didn't take stock into titles like Goddess and the like? Simple Jenova cells? C'mon you are underrating Jenova cells greatly.

And you are underrating Ultimecia's power, absolutely. You have nothing left but stubbornness.

SpadeKing
This is what lowers my respect to game characters on here facepalm

iChaos
lol.

Phanteros
This thread shouldn't gone through 7 pages. Ultemecia by surperior feats wins this in a godly stomp.

GrieverSquall
You're right, it is not worth my time to keep arguing this, unless someone bring a good argument.

iChaos
Spite.

K1ll3r

fascistcrusader
Ultimecia was absorbing stars and planets at the end of the game,stop making Sephiroth fans look stupid.

LLLLLink
Lol, I just replayed through the entirety of FF8. Ultimecia never absorbed all of existence nor did she have control over it. She didn't even absorb a planet. In the final battle, she wasn't absorbing stars etc at an alarming rate.

She never even achieved Time Compression.

“I am Ultimecia. Time shall compress. All existence denied.”

That is said during the final battle, Time shall compress, meaning it hasn't yet compressed.

Not only are we using a Ultimecia that never existed there is a massive amount of misinformation about her absorbing everything.

Silly example indeed. She hasn't, she has never come across Jenova Cells, even if she DID absorb his body (lolz) IT STILL EXISTS. She never was destroying existence, she was becoming reality or rather reality was becoming her. However the only things that she MIGHT have absorbed was some flowers and stuff but it seems the GF she used at the end destroyed her castle and made the area they were fighting on barren. They then get taken to the sky. If you think those sparkling things moving around are stars you are severely mistaken.

Rofl, you totally missed the point I was trying to make. Also Black Holes don't work like that, well as far as anyone knows. I wouldn't say that.

Umm, no. Sephiroth absorbed more 'existence' than her and controls more 'existence' then her. (When Sephiroth sat absorbing a crap ton of Lifestream and Sephiroths NL) This is based on what we SEE and what actually HAPPENS in the game which trumps any ill-translated scan.

EDIT: Bump

Oh, dang! If this info is true, I'm about to these tidbits about Ultimecia in another thread (dun Dun DUN!). Thank you kindly! laughing

K1ll3r
Ultimecia was absorbing stars and planets at the end of the game,stop making Sephiroth fans look stupid.

No she wasn't. And yes it is true LLLLLink.

The things floating around her came from the gf she junctioned herself into (when it exploded)which obviously werent planets and stars.

Not to mention they aren't even moving towards her, they are mostly falling ever so slightly. (It just so happens that in some camera angles some of the little white dots go 'into' her)

SpadeKing
Sadly its not, its his own interpretation.

Stars and etc. as in planets and everything else included in space, if you make claims that all you see is stars, just imagine how much larger stars are than planets.
Confirmed in the ultimania.

Sephiroth hasn't shown any protection against being cleared of existence, neither has Jenova.

GrieverSquall

K1ll3r

GrieverSquall

SpadeKing
Lol, no.

I never made claims that they are stars, they aren't stars, when the party destroys the junctioned gf it wipes apart in some nice white particles, those are the things floating and falling around. Heck the world they were on wasn't even absorbed or destroyed so how the hell did she absorb stars and planets that would have collided and ripped apart that planet.

No it isn't. It never says she absorbed anything in the Ultimania.

Sure.

Also, if those are stars absorbing into her Squall and co must be insanely big, bigger then 100's of stars.

Kinda misread it

still yet, it is stated http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197343/34215
The FF8 was never posted if it was fully translated but the guy who translated most of 7 and 9 worked with this one.

Well you obviously never read or knew there was an ultimania for 8 especially considering it was also the first.

And if she absorbs nothing explain fallen party members being "absorbed into time"

K1ll3r
Killer, you just have killed yourself here.
If you Scan Ultimecia in the final battle (which I doubt you have done it because you are saying bullshit) You'll find this:

No, I did it. I read the scan, how about show me her absorbing all of time and space, ohwait you can't because she didn't.

'Ultimecia, transformed to absorb all time and space. Absorbing all existence as we speak.'

Either mistranslated or wrong because she didn't absorb anything at that point.

It says Ultimecia is transformed to absorb all Time and Space (which means she's already doing it) Absorbing all existence as we speak, what do you get from this? Concede.

It doesn't mean she is already doing it, the second part is the part that says she is doing, which she clearly isn't. SHE DOESN'T ABSORB ANYTHING IN THAT FIGHT.

Meaningless quote. Yes, she was.

Meaningless quote. No, she wasn't.

Since you've played Final Fantasy VIII, Scan Ultimecia and you'll find out. Oh, Time is already compressed in many definitions, reasonings and logic, otherwise Squall and Co. wouldn't have traveled through time to her castle, don't you think?

Lolololol, you have such a bad misconception of Time Compression. Time was still being compressed when they travelled through it. (Which by the way is why they needed love and friendship, as when Squall done it, he was like IMALONER and ended up on that island). It's stated that (Paraphrasing) Only Ultimecia can survive Time Compressed.

I read what you have typed, it didn't make any sense. Nothing is minstraslated, everything is pretty clear if you take your time to analyse the game (which you haven't). The planet wasn't absorbed?
She was absorbing all Time and Space and a single planet wasn't absorbed? What are you talking about?

Okay, okay after she dies, the planet is still there. It WASN'T absorbed or destroyed. It didn't come back after she absorbed it, it just didn't get absorbed the only thing that actually happened was the Time Compression reversed, not her absorbing everything.

Yes I do think so, I also think that she was absorbing all the existence in the whole Universe.

The only thing that came back when she died were flowers...You would think that if she had absorbed everything, we would have seen everything come back but that isn't what happens.

That's a good interpretation actually, and I must confess that I think the same, but not only that, I think that the castle could have been erased due of Time Compression.

We clearly see the destruction of what was caused by the ultimate GF. Castle is fine -> GF is summoned -> Throne explodes -> White light -> No castle\barren land.

Read above.

I'm sorry, you can't even prove that Black Holes exist. Let alone were absorbed by her.

I'm afraid you didn't.

When Sephiroth sat absorbing a crap ton of Lifestream and Sephiroths NL, this is based on what we SEE and what actually HAPPENS in the game which trumps any gameplay scan.

Yes. I did. The amount of lifestream Sephiroth absorbed is more then she absorbed of existence, if at all.

Originally posted by SpadeKing
Kinda misread it

Cool.

still yet, it is stated http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197343/34215
The FF8 was never posted if it was fully translated but the guy who translated most of 7 and 9 worked with this one.

http://thelifestream.net/category/final-fantasy-viii-ultimania-translations/

A lot of that FAQ is theories and whatnot sometimes paraphrasing some parts of the Ultimania.

Well you obviously never read or knew there was an ultimania for 8 especially considering it was also the first.

And if she absorbs nothing explain fallen party members being "absorbed into time"

Absorbed into time means what it says, it's what happens when they stop trying to be together and lovey, like what happened to Squall.

Sephiroth will not be absorbed by her (Love and Friendship wasn't used to protect from absorption, but to protection from moving through Time Compression). Sephiroth will not be wiped from existence by her. IF she absorbed anything it was the 'white particles' that bursted from the death of the most powerful gf.

GrieverSquall
No, I did it. I read the scan, how about show me her absorbing all of time and space, ohwait you can't because she didn't.

She didn't? Dare to explain why you reached this conclusion?

Either mistranslated or wrong because she didn't absorb anything at that point.

So by your logic she didn't absorb ANYTHING because the Scan Spell itself is mistransated? What evidence you have that the Scan is wrong?

It doesn't mean she is already doing it, the second part is the part that says she is doing, which she clearly isn't. SHE DOESN'T ABSORB ANYTHING IN THAT FIGHT.

The quote says that she is ALREADY transformed to absorb all Time and Space, meaning that she is capable, thus she was doing it, the second part states that she was absorbing all the existence, which is true and I don't see why the Scan could be wrong, so explain me that.

Meaningless quote. No, she wasn't.

Meaningless quote. Prove it.

Lolololol, you have such a bad misconception of Time Compression. Time was still being compressed when they travelled through it. (Which by the way is why they needed love and friendship, as when Squall done it, he was like IMALONER and ended up on that island). It's stated that (Paraphrasing) Only Ultimecia can survive Time Compressed.

That's quite true.
So if only Ultimecia can exist in Time Compressed, what would happen to Sephiroth? He would be erased, exactly. (Despite if he don't get himself absorbed first).

Okay, okay after she dies, the planet is still there. It WASN'T absorbed or destroyed. It didn't come back after she absorbed it, it just didn't get absorbed the only thing that actually happened was the Time Compression reversed, not her absorbing everything.

Ultimecia was already in the process of compressing Time, she is capable of absorbing all Time and Space with such power, Squall and Co. didn't get absorbed or anything because of their will-power, etc. simple as that, how can you deny this? Time Compression is what allow her to absorb Time and Space. The planet? What do you mean by: 'the planet'? You mean Earth? TIME WAS BEING COMPRESSED IN A SINGLE MOMENT, how the hell the Earth would exist as a single planet when all the Universe was being transformed into ONE moment? She was absorbing the existence via Time Compression and transforming it into a single moment. Suggesting that Earth was still 'intact', 'untouched' is illogical and ridiculous.

The only thing that came back when she died were flowers...You would think that if she had absorbed everything, we would have seen everything come back but that isn't what happens.

What are you talking about? She didn't absorbed EVERYTHING, she WAS absorbing everything.

We clearly see the destruction of what was caused by the ultimate GF. Castle is fine -> GF is summoned -> Throne explodes -> White light -> No castle\barren land.

Good reasoning, but what about Ultimecia? She was Compressing Time also in that moment, do not forget. Time Compression wasn't stopped AT ALL while Summoning/fighting Griever.

I'm sorry, you can't even prove that Black Holes exist. Let alone were absorbed by her.

If she was absorbing all Time and Space it is logic that a Black Hole would be absorbed as well, common sense.

When Sephiroth sat absorbing a crap ton of Lifestream and Sephiroths NL, this is based on what we SEE and what actually HAPPENS in the game which trumps any gameplay scan.

Sephiroth was absorbing Lifestream. Ultimecia was absorbing all existence and compressing everything in the Universe, nice.

Nephthys
GrieverSquall, I strongly suggest that you don't feed the troll.

SpadeKing
http://thelifestream.net/category/final-fantasy-viii-ultimania-translations/

A lot of that FAQ is theories and whatnot sometimes paraphrasing some parts of the Ultimania.

Absorbed into time means what it says, it's what happens when they stop trying to be together and lovey, like what happened to Squall.

Sephiroth will not be absorbed by her (Love and Friendship wasn't used to protect from absorption, but to protection from moving through Time Compression). Sephiroth will not be wiped from existence by her. IF she absorbed anything it was the 'white particles' that bursted from the death of the most powerful gf.

Those theories are just to added to be squashed by the ultimania, those are just theories people came up with about the story and then how they are disproven. really I was wondering about Rinoa's and Ultimecia's relations before.

That and they were told to focus on where they were heading as well, they wouldn't be able to focus on that when they were knocked in battle or if they didn't just focus at all

K1ll3r
She didn't? Dare to explain why you reached this conclusion?

Because I didn't see her absorb anything, the scan even says she is absorbing it, but we don't know if she actually absorbed even a cat.

So by your logic she didn't absorb ANYTHING because the Scan Spell itself is mistransated? What evidence you have that the Scan is wrong?

I am saying she didn't absorb anything because nothing is seen to be absorbed, except maybe the white orb thingos that came out of the 'Ultimate GF'. Maybe I am not saying it correctly, the scan may be right BUT Time Compression was never achieved and she never ABSORBED existence.

The quote says that she is ALREADY transformed to absorb all Time and Space, meaning that she is capable, thus she was doing it, the second part states that she was absorbing all the existence, which is true and I don't see why the Scan could be wrong, so explain me that.

Yes, no it doesn't mean she is doing it. Why don't Squall and co get absorbed? Don't tell me love and friendship because that was used to protect from travelling through the Time Compression. She never absorbed anything, even saying that the scan can still be right.

Meaningless quote. Prove it.

Okay okay, she was absorbing it, but never did nor did she accomplish in absorbing anything furthermore she can be attacked while she is absorbing 'existence' lololol.

That's quite true.
So if only Ultimecia can exist in Time Compressed, what would happen to Sephiroth? He would be erased, exactly. (Despite if he don't get himself absorbed first).

No, this is saying Ultimecia never achieved Time Compressed, because people besides Ultimecia were in the fight where she got defeated. Unless ofcourse you are going to say "Willpower" or "Love and Friendship" which if those are the case means Sephiroth is fine.

Ultimecia was already in the process of compressing Time.

Wow, pretty sure I know that.

,she is capable of absorbing all Time and Space with such power, Squall and Co. didn't get absorbed or anything because of their will-power, etc.

If she can't absorb those with willpower as bad as thiers what makes you think she can absorb one with greater willpower than all of them together? (Sephiroths Will has: Stopped HOLY moving to stop Meteor)

,simple as that, how can you deny this?

Well, I am fine with not denying how you said it there.

,Time Compression is what allow her to absorb Time and Space.

I know.

,The planet? What do you mean by: 'the planet'? You mean Earth? TIME WAS BEING COMPRESSED IN A SINGLE MOMENT, how the hell the Earth would exist as a single planet when all the Universe was being transformed into ONE moment? She was absorbing the existence via Time Compression and transforming it into a single moment. Suggesting that Earth was still 'intact', 'untouched' is illogical and ridiculous.

You can see it wasn't, they are still standing on it.

What are you talking about? She didn't absorbed EVERYTHING, she WAS absorbing everything.

She obviously wasn't and if you say she was and that Squall and co were only protected by 'willpower' or 'love and friendship' than Sephiroths 'Will' is stronger than both, allowing him to resist getting absorbed.

Good reasoning, but what about Ultimecia? She was Compressing Time also in that moment, do not forget. Time Compression wasn't stopped AT ALL while Summoning/fighting Griever.

So you are saying that it was coincidental that Griever was just summoned at the same moment Time Compression destroyed the very castle they were in.

If she was absorbing all Time and Space it is logic that a Black Hole would be absorbed as well, common sense.

If a Black Hole exists, yes.

Sephiroth was absorbing Lifestream. Ultimecia was absorbing all existence and compressing everything in the Universe, nice.

Except Sephiroth accomplished absorbing and controlling a sizeable amount of Lifestream whereas Ultimecia never absorbed anything, unless you count the Griever white ball thingos.

GrieverSquall, I strongly suggest that you don't feed the troll.

Oh man, sad that hurt my feelings. Why be so hurtful?

Those theories are just to added to be squashed by the ultimania, those are just theories people came up with about the story and then how they are disproven. really I was wondering about Rinoa's and Ultimecia's relations before.

R=U is an interesting concept, sadly it's most probably wrong.

That and they were told to focus on where they were heading as well, they wouldn't be able to focus on that when they were knocked in battle or if they didn't just focus at all

Indeed. Absorbed in time != Ultimecia absorbing all of existence.

----

Let's say she compressed time, could absorb all of time and space but 'Love and Friendship' or 'Willpower' could stop someone from being absorbed and protect from time compressed.

A. Sephiroths 'Will' is stronger than 'Love and Friendship' and thier 'Willpower'. (Going by feats of all things mentioned).
B. Time is compressed, meaning she can't stop\slow time.
C. Time manipulation is her only edge, Sephiroth wins.

----

The fact of the matter is she never absorbed anything and She didn't have control over existence.

Nephthys
Nope. I watched the fight and first the white orbs rain down from the sky, then they disappear and the screen goes black.

Taken from the game:

'There's only one way to make yourself exist in a world like that! As friends, don't forget one another! As friends, believe in one another! Believe in your friends' existence! And they'll also believe in yours. To be friends, to like one another, and to love one another... You can't do these things alone. You need somebody. Right, guys?.'

Does Sephiroth have any friends handy?

''There's only one way to make yourself exist in a world like that! As friends, don't forget one another! As friends, believe in one another! Believe in your friends' existence!'

So not only do you need to focus on friends, meaning you actually need friends judging by how its emphasised that you need to do all this 'as friends', but it seems like you need friends to focus on you as well. So..... I guess Sephiroth is out of luck.

confused Are you sure you've played the game. Becuase they're clearly standing on absolutely nothing in the final part of the final fight. Which is what I assume you're talking about becuase thats when she starts absorbing stuff.

Given your ridiculous argument, that was the only thing I could think you'd be doing.

GrieverSquall
lololol. Wow, pretty sure I know that. Well, I am fine with not denying how you said it there.
I know.

Well, since you know all of what I said, be thinking about not denying facts from the game. You still have to prove me that the Scan Spell is wrong and you're right.

So you are saying that it was coincidental that Griever was just summoned at the same moment Time Compression destroyed the very castle they were in.

I'm not saying anything of that. I'm just aying Time Compression wasn't never stopped at that point. I suppose you also know this, right?

If a Black Hole exists, yes.

You agree with me, then. She can absorb a Black Hole.

Well, I think Neph has pretty much covered many of my quotes, so I thik I'll reply only to these.

SpadeKing
R=U is an interesting concept, sadly it's most probably wrong.

Indeed. Absorbed in time != Ultimecia absorbing all of existence.

----

Let's say she compressed time, could absorb all of time and space but 'Love and Friendship' or 'Willpower' could stop someone from being absorbed and protect from time compressed.

A. Sephiroths 'Will' is stronger than 'Love and Friendship' and thier 'Willpower'. (Going by feats of all things mentioned).
B. Time is compressed, meaning she can't stop\slow time.
C. Time manipulation is her only edge, Sephiroth wins.

----

The fact of the matter is she never absorbed anything and She didn't have control over existence.

With that I'm sure you never actually read through any of the analysis in that link.

R=U theory was disproven and Ultimecia compressing time was proven using the Ultimania.

A. I don't think the PIS monster's name was "willpower" in FF8 that saved them.
B. Time is compressed meaning everything ceases to exist as well so why would she need to?
C. Time manipulation, pulling out creatures or anything from Sephiroth's mind to fight, her vasy array of magic she can use or create, such as a meteor stronger than the one sephiroth took weeks to summon just to injure a planet.

LLLLLink
Well, since you know all of what I said, be thinking about not denying facts from the game. You still have to prove me that the Scan Spell is wrong and you're right.

If I may ask, did she ever fully compress time?

Take this example: I may say I'm going to build a castle. You may come up to me and see me working on building a castle. But, if I quit before I finish building the castle, then that means I cant claim that I built a castle, because I did not build it.

Same thing for Ultimecia compressing time. She may have been working at it, but if she did not do it, then it never happened.

Nephthys
I'm pretty sure that line of reasonings like saying, 'I've cast firaga, but since my fire spell didn't burn the enemy to ash, I never cast it.'

No, she never fully compressed time, but she cast the spell. Make of that what you will (cuz I'm too tired to do logicy stuffs).

GrieverSquall
Originally posted by LLLLLink

Take this example: I may say I'm going to build a castle. You may come up to me and see me working on building a castle. But, if I quit before I finish building the castle, then that means I cant claim that I built a castle, because I did not build it.

Same thing for Ultimecia compressing time. She may have been working at it, but if she did not do it, then it never happened.

What are you trying to say here?
No, she never completed Time Compression.

SpadeKing

Really, after all this time people talk about her casting it and time compression being able to end ALL existence except her, if she was defeated it wasn't finished.

Which doesn't change the fact that she did actually begin it during the battle.

LLLLLink
Well, was there any lasting damage from her incomplete time compressing? Was the universe scarred in any way?

GrieverSquall
Well, was there any lasting damage from her incomplete time compressing? Was the universe scarred in any way?

All the Universe was serious damaged by her Time Compression.
When she was defeated, the Spelll reversed, that is all.

LLLLLink
So, it did nothing. I see...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>