Were people right when they said...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kelly_Bean
"That's what you get for buying a dodge!"

Were they really right?

I bought a used 2004 Dodge Neon from my local car dealer and of course he was a smooth talker . This was about 3-4 months ago. After about a month's time having the car the engine malfunction light came on and stayed on and I had to get it serviced or I was going to have a wreck because of the way it was stalling/sputtering. They reduced my price to about $200.00 since I had just bought the car. About 3 weeks ago my engine malfunction light came on again and we took it to my uncle because he has one of those electronic tools that hooks up under the dash of the car and tells exactly what's wrong with the car and if I had taken that to my local car dealer they would've charged $80.00 JUST to have that done. So my uncle said that there was some type of misfire something something and that he reset it and the engine light went off and actually did not come back on. So we drove home from my Uncle's, pulled my car up in my driveway and later on I pulled it back down out of my driveweay to it's normal spot and my Dad tells me that I have an oil leak . I pull the car BACK up the driveway and let him check it and it hasn't leaked really any at all so he said I could drive it and that we'll just have to check it really often. Last Thursday, it was Thanksgiving morning around 12:30am I was picking Sebastian up and right when I pulled into his driveway my oil light came on and started flashing and making a dinging noise. I turn the car off, check my oil, it's fine. So I'm like "what the f**k" and we get in the car and try to pull out of the driveway ignoring the flashing/dinging and my car does not move regardless of the fact that I have it in reverse. I press on the gas, it barely moves. So I finally get it backed out of his driveway and try forward gear and that barely works either. So we putter over to the little closed down market right across the street from his house and stay the night in 25 degree weather because his Mom and I despise each other and I am not allowed in the house. no expression My car gets towed the next morning. We take it to my uncle, he can't fix it. Yesterday it was dropped off at my uncle's friend who is a mechanic. He determines that my entire transmission has to be replaced because that was in fact, transmission fluid and not engine oil. My oil light had just been confusing me but that wasn't the problem at all. In Sebastian's driveway there was a pile of fluid about 1.5 foot wide where I stopped and checked my oil. There was a trail all the way from his driveway to the market we parked at. The next morning when we woke up there was another 1.5 foot pile wide of fluid. no expression

It'll be $2000.00 to replace. And I have another $1000.00 for a hospital bill and that's only because insurance took care of the other $9,000.00 of it.

I have the worst luck in the world. And...this was a long message. xD

Mairuzu
tldr

But I never heard that expression before. My motto is, you can't go wrong when buying a honda.

Kelly_Bean
If only I could go kicking and screaming to my local car dealer..

..demanding a new freaking car for all the trouble I have had.

WrathfulDwarf
I dunno if you guys ever heard that story that should never buy a car that was made on a Monday and a Friday. Buy a car that was made on a Wedsneday.

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I dunno if you guys ever heard that story that should never buy a car that was made on a Monday and a Friday. Buy a car that was made on a Wedsneday.
Never heard that. xd2 Plus it's a 2004 used..

Mairuzu
Wednesday*

gefallen_engel
Sound to me like the dealership screwed you, Sorry. um, if the oil light is on but you arent low on oil, the oil sending unit might be bad.

Mywi

=Tired Hiker=
I had a Neon brand new, it lasted about three years, then it suddenly had $3087.00 of engine work needed, so I got rid of it. Neons suck!

BruceSkywalker
Save up and buy a brand new car

Mairuzu
honda

Ripper Jacc
My 98 Neon did the same thing recently... I'm starting to think it's a conspiracy by Dodge... hmm

BlackSunshine
Whoever sold it to you shouldnt be charging you for anything! They should be fixing it for free. If you have a warranty on the car there should be no charge whatsoever!

My sister in law bought a used Dodge Stratus once and she had to bring it back 3 or 4 times for different problems...they fixed the problem for free but it was still messed up. They let her bring the car back and choose a car that was of equal or lesser value.

Rogue Jedi
Dodge makes shit cars. ford and Chevy pwn.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Dodge makes shit cars. ford and Chevy pwn.

Yep Yep

Rogue Jedi
Ever hear the acronym about Pontiac?

Strangelove
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I dunno if you guys ever heard that story that should never buy a car that was made on a Monday and a Friday. Buy a car that was made on a Wedsneday. ....how do you know?

Barker
tl;dr.

I did read part of it.

But not all of it.

That sucks.

We have a Dodge.

But it hasn't broken down yet.

Just eats gas like Roland does Twinkies.

(?)

Lord Knightfa11
Dodge+new fords=fail.

Old fords and some GM cars are teh win, but none of them have the long life of an oriental car now-adays.

Ahsoka Tano
Ford = fixed and repaired daily

Found on rode dead

Kosta
Cars are money pits. Looks like you had a run of bad luck, or it's just a lemon. Had it been involved in any accidents before you bought it? Best way top check is to see it the bonnet is even when it's closed. A lot of panel beaters don't get the panels 100% the way they were, so the bonnet (if the bar had an accident on the front end) will be a teeny bit higher on one side. There are other signs too, like tapping the panels, looking for a difference in sound which indicates that a filler was used to fix a panel, that isn't always the case. If you do find any of these and the salesman failed to notify you, then you can tear them a new one.

you get thorns
Drive
Only
During
Grave
Emergencies

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
"That's what you get for buying a dodge!"

Were they really right?

I bought a used 2004 Dodge Neon from my local car dealer and of course he was a smooth talker . This was about 3-4 months ago. After about a month's time having the car the engine malfunction light came on and stayed on and I had to get it serviced or I was going to have a wreck because of the way it was stalling/sputtering. They reduced my price to about $200.00 since I had just bought the car. About 3 weeks ago my engine malfunction light came on again and we took it to my uncle because he has one of those electronic tools that hooks up under the dash of the car and tells exactly what's wrong with the car and if I had taken that to my local car dealer they would've charged $80.00 JUST to have that done. So my uncle said that there was some type of misfire something something and that he reset it and the engine light went off and actually did not come back on. So we drove home from my Uncle's, pulled my car up in my driveway and later on I pulled it back down out of my driveweay to it's normal spot and my Dad tells me that I have an oil leak . I pull the car BACK up the driveway and let him check it and it hasn't leaked really any at all so he said I could drive it and that we'll just have to check it really often. Last Thursday, it was Thanksgiving morning around 12:30am I was picking Sebastian up and right when I pulled into his driveway my oil light came on and started flashing and making a dinging noise. I turn the car off, check my oil, it's fine. So I'm like "what the f**k" and we get in the car and try to pull out of the driveway ignoring the flashing/dinging and my car does not move regardless of the fact that I have it in reverse. I press on the gas, it barely moves. So I finally get it backed out of his driveway and try forward gear and that barely works either. So we putter over to the little closed down market right across the street from his house and stay the night in 25 degree weather because his Mom and I despise each other and I am not allowed in the house. no expression My car gets towed the next morning. We take it to my uncle, he can't fix it. Yesterday it was dropped off at my uncle's friend who is a mechanic. He determines that my entire transmission has to be replaced because that was in fact, transmission fluid and not engine oil. My oil light had just been confusing me but that wasn't the problem at all. In Sebastian's driveway there was a pile of fluid about 1.5 foot wide where I stopped and checked my oil. There was a trail all the way from his driveway to the market we parked at. The next morning when we woke up there was another 1.5 foot pile wide of fluid. no expression

It'll be $2000.00 to replace. And I have another $1000.00 for a hospital bill and that's only because insurance took care of the other $9,000.00 of it.

I have the worst luck in the world. And...this was a long message. xD

That really sucks that no one caught on that it was the transmission fluid. That's rather lame, really. Transmission fluid is pink and oil is dark brown to black. (depending on how old either of those two are)

You may have prevented the whole transmission mess had someone given you that information. Instead, it was driven until the transmission was dry, causing really ugly damage. (I assume because you have to replace it.)

I'm really really sorry that this shit happened to you. I'm even more sorry that you wouldn't have had to shit out so much money had someone caught on the the tranny was leaking its fluid...causing you to have to shit out a shit load of money. To me, that is the suckiest part of this whole mess you're in.

Damn, Kelly, damn damn damn. You MUST be pissed as hell.

I tell you, I could not afford to shit out $3000 dollars right now, either.

Also, recently Ford has improved the quality of their cars so much so that they are being put into the same quality tier as Hondas and Toyotas. In other words, they aren't the shit low quality high churn-out cars from the late 90s through the majority of this decade.

Also, with Ford making a new commitment today to continued quality and electric technologies, it's stock rose by almost double today. (Kelly, you could have purchased $2000 worth of Ford stock (after fees, etc.) and double your money!!!! paying for your mess.)

Anyway, sorry, Kelly, for your problems. Here's a big hug. hug

MIŠT
What the hell did you do that was worth $10000 hospital bill?

Kosta

Kelly_Bean

Ahsoka Tano
$1000.00 for a hospital bill

~Trip to emergency room.
~Hospital room of my own.
~Catheters, IVs, other hospital tools.
~CT scan.
~45 minute surgery.
Somehow all over $9,000.00.

To be a Canadian Citizen:

PRICELESS

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Ahsoka Tano
To be a Canadian Citizen:

PRICELESS
I'm proud to be American no matter what. stick out tongue

Strangelove
Because he's WrathfulDwarf. stick out tongue No, I meant how can you tell what day a car was built on stick out tongue

dadudemon
Originally posted by Strangelove
No, I meant how can you tell what day a car was built on stick out tongue

I don't think you can.

The VIN # should tell you which number off the line it was.

The sticker on the door has tons of information including the month and year the car was made.....but it doesn't have the day.

It's possible, though unlikely, that you could call the manufacturer or something and find out the date the car was made. If you VIN # ends in something like.....00234 or something, maybe you could call the manufacturer and ask for the day that car 234 was made or something....but I've never done that and I've never heard of anyone doing that.

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Strangelove
No, I meant how can you tell what day a car was built on stick out tongue
I knew that.

Strangelove
I knew that. Oh. I guess I couldn't tell from what you said mmm

Scythe
Honda CRX...

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Dodge makes shit cars. ford and Chevy pwn. Nah. The Ford part, Chevy's are good.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Scythe
Honda CRX...

Nah. The Ford part, Chevy's are good. Well, Ford trucks, anyway, they are right there with Chevy trucks. Ford cars bite balls.

Scythe
Hahahahaaha! Ford Aerostars.

Rogue Jedi
Minivans haermm

F150 is more rugged and can take more of a beating than a Chevy Silverado, but form what I have seen, Chevy's trucks have better engines.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.