Superman, Orion, Gladiator and Hal Jordan vs Thor, BRB, Black Adam and Captain Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sasaraixx
Team 1: Superman, Orion, Hal Jordan and Gladiator
Team 2: Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Captain Marvel and Black Adam

Fight takes place in space. No BFR. No prep. Current versions and standard gear for everyone. Bloodlust is on.

Which team takes it?

Harbinger
Team two. 8/10.

Bouboumaster
Team 2

Philosophía
Superman & Orion can take anyone from team 2 for a majority.

Gladiator and Hal would at least hold their own against Thor & BRB.

Team 1.

Silent Guardian
toss up

Enyalus

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Silent Guardian
toss up

QFT

Philosophía
Originally posted by Enyalus
Riiiight.

Glad you agree. smile

Enyalus

Raoul

Slaanesh
team 2

quanchi112
Team 2 wins.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Raoul
pretty much...

When has Superman ever beaten Black Adam? And Captain Marvel is more than capable of beating Supes. And while Supes has beaten Thor before, he's got the Odinforce now - a much superior upgrade to anything that Supes has gotten in the last 10 years.

So no, Supes and Orion couldn't take anyone on Team Two for the majority.

quanchi112
When has Superman ever beaten Black Adam? And Captain Marvel is more than capable of beating Supes. And while Supes has beaten Thor before, he's got the Odinforce now - a much superior upgrade to anything that Supes has gotten in the last 10 years.

So no, Supes and Orion couldn't take anyone on Team Two for the majority. Yep. Plus, theres the whole magic thing going for team 2. Team 2 wins.

Raoul

So no, Supes and Orion couldn't take anyone on Team Two for the majority.

so because he hasn't done it, he can't? he's beaten tougher foes...

quanchi112
so because he hasn't done it, he can't? he's beaten tougher foes... So,has Thor. Magic will spell doom for Supes not to mention Thor is the most powerful character here by far.

Enyalus
so because he hasn't done it, he can't? he's beaten tougher foes...

The last time BA and Supes fought, BA wasn't even trying and appeared to be outclassing him.

Raoul
Originally posted by quanchi112
So,has Thor. Magic will spell doom for Supes not to mention Thor is the most powerful character here by far.

iyo.

The last time BA and Supes fought, BA wasn't even trying and appeared to be outclassing him.

thats your interpretation... BA didn't want to fight, that's true, but it doesn't mean he wasn't affected by clark's punches...

magic isn't some magic off switch for superman, he's gone up against magic users and done fine before...

quanchi112
iyo.

thats your interpretation... BA didn't want to fight, that's true, but it doesn't mean he wasn't affected by clark's punches...

magic isn't some magic off switch for superman, he's gone up against magic users and done fine before... Are you saying that Thor isnt the most powerful?

Magic users dont automatically beat him but someone like Black adam should be able to beat him imo for the majority. He doesnt pull his punches. He is a lot more vicious than Superman.

Enyalus
thats your interpretation...

Captain Obvious tonight? stick out tongue

It should be anyone's interpretation. Or at the very minimum that Superman was in no shape or form winning their little contest. So concluding that Superman (or Orion for that matter) would beat BA for the majority is completely baseless.

Raoul
Are you saying that Thor isnt the most powerful?

yes.

and there's nothing in the thread start to indicate superman would hold back... bloodlust is on.

Captain Obvious tonight? stick out tongue

It should be anyone's interpretation. Or at the very minimum that Superman was in no shape or form winning their little contest. So concluding that Superman (or Orion for that matter) would beat BA for the majority is completely baseless.

not to me... stick out tongue

kgkg
Thor, BRB, Black Adam and Captain Marvel are weak links evil face

Enyalus
not to me... stick out tongue

Fanboy! eek!

quanchi112
yes.

and there's nothing in the thread start to indicate superman would hold back... bloodlust is on.

not to me... stick out tongue What has Superman done powerwise that is close to the godblast or the Durok feat?

So,Superman fights out of character?

Raoul
Fanboy! eek!

pot, kettle? ha-son

What has Superman done powerwise that is close to the godblast or the Durok feat?

So,Superman fights out of character?

he has comparable strength feats, imo. i would say thor is probably the most versatile (even if compared with hal, its arguable imo), but if he was that overly powerful, guys like orion and superman wouldnt give him the trouble they most likely would...

bloodlust is on. just because he chooses to be a pacifist more often than not doesn't mean he's incapable of putting people down when he needs to. Just look at dd rex, or imperiex, or manchester black's elite.

kgkg
he has comparable strength feats, imo. i would say thor is probably the most versatile (even if compared with hal, its arguable imo), but if he was that overly powerful, guys like orion and superman wouldnt give him the trouble they most likely would...

bloodlust is on. just because he chooses to be a pacifist more often than not doesn't mean he's incapable of putting people down when he needs to. Just look at dd rex, or imperiex, or manchester black's elite. I think he is talking about Power Output rather than strength

Raoul
Originally posted by kgkg
I think he is talking about Power Output rather than strength

if he is, then yes, thor has more bang for his buck, but that's picking and choosing, imo...

cyclops has more power output than wolverine, but cyclops can't survive a bullet to the head...

quanchi112
pot, kettle? ha-son

bloodlust is on. just because he chooses to be a pacifist more often than not doesn't mean he's incapable of putting people down when he needs to. Just look at dd rex, or imperiex, or manchester black's elite. You really have to push Superman to have him not hold back. But its fair that he doesnt hold back. I still think BA would come out the winner between the two. It would be close whichever side of the fence you are on.

I think he is talking about Power Output rather than strength Yep. Thats why I said power and not strength.Originally posted by Raoul
if he is, then yes, thor has more bang for his buck, but that's picking and choosing, imo...

cyclops has more power output than wolverine, but cyclops can't survive a bullet to the head... How is that picking and choosing?

Raoul
You really have to push Superman to have him not hold back. But its fair that he doesnt hold back. I still think BA would come out the winner between the two. It would be close whichever side of the fence you are on.

i wouldn't argue that it would be close... i just see supes winning against adam if he really was up against the wall...

because i could turn around and say something like 'well superman is physically stronger/faster/more durable'

if you want to talk about pure power, then sure, thor would have the advantage, but superman has enough in other areas to be his equal, and imo, his superior...

quanchi112
i wouldn't argue that it would be close... i just see supes winning against adam if he really was up against the wall...

because i could turn around and say something like 'well superman is physically stronger/faster/more durable'

if you want to talk about pure power, then sure, thor would have the advantage, but superman has enough in other areas to be his equal, and imo, his superior... Thats your opinion and you are a huge Superman fan. Its all fine and dandy but I agree in a dc comic I couldnt see them writing Superman losing in that situation. On here though I see Adam having the advantage due to the whole magic thing.

I wouldnt disagree with that. That isnt picking and choosing. I said Thor was the most powerful and now you agree. I didnt mean he was stronger. Their strength is both comparable but I see Supes stronger.

Again,magical weakness and the power thing sell this for Thor imo.

kgkg
Superman can always Speed blitz Thor

Raoul
Thats your opinion and you are a huge Superman fan.

i really don't see how that makes a difference.

the magic thing just isn't that big of an advantage, imo...

Badabing
Thats your opinion and you are a huge Superman fan. Quan, give it a rest. You're a Thanos fan bordering on obsession. Shall we throw that in your face every time you debate for Thanos. Raoul has never given Supes too much credit and he also doesn't try to low ball feats either. Just because someone has a character in their sig doesn't make them biased.

vlaaad12345
Orion is stronger then thor...thor has some of the odinforce not the whole thing and so far hasn't used it to any real things beyond herald feats,orion in a forum battle has more power then anyone in this fight and is the physical equal of supermans.

kgkg
Originally posted by Badabing
Just because someone has a character in their sig doesn't make them biased. True , but there is a strong correlation btw the two wink

But accusing someone just kills any friendly debate

Badabing
True , but there is a strong correlation btw the two wink

But accusing someone just kills any friendly debate Nobody is talking to you. So take your Superman fanboyism somewhere away from me......uhuh

stick out tongue

Raoul
True , but there is a strong correlation btw the two wink

But accusing someone just kills any friendly debate

that's like saying that because i don't have thor in my sig, that i'm biased against him...

Enyalus
pot, kettle? ha-son

Pfft. I'm not a fanboy. I'm a hater. There's a huge difference.

Raoul
Pfft. I'm not a fanboy. I'm a hater. There's a huge difference.

meh, at least you're honest about it, that's something at least...

kgkg
that's like saying that because i don't have thor in my sig, that i'm biased against him... I mean you will be more biased for the characters that are on your Sig(your fav characters). Not always the case

It's not always true but I find there is a strong correctional with the two doesn't mean it's wrong to support "your character" my any means wink

lets take quanchi112 for example "thanos is god" big grin

So in my theory you would be more supportive of superman than not and some could see this as Bias from there point of view.

I think i drank to much smile

Raoul
I mean you will be more biased for the characters that are on your Sig(your fav characters). Not always the case

It's not always true but I find there is a strong correctional with the two doesn't mean it's wrong to support "your character" my any means wink

lets take quanchi112 for example "thanos is god" big grin

So in my theory you would be more supportive of superman than not and some could see this as Bias from there point of view.

I think i drank to much smile

it's possible you did... what did you have?

quanchi112
i really don't see how that makes a difference.

the magic thing just isn't that big of an advantage, imo... Im just saying that you are a huge Superman fan. Most if not all are biased to varying degrees.

The magic thing is an advantage though. Originally posted by Badabing
Quan, give it a rest. You're a Thanos fan bordering on obsession. Shall we throw that in your face every time you debate for Thanos. Raoul has never given Supes too much credit and he also doesn't try to low ball feats either. Just because someone has a character in their sig doesn't make them biased. We are all biased in some respects bada. You captain fanboy. stick out tongue

Sasaraixx
I think Supes could hang with Marvel and Adam. Wielding magic is an advantage when going up against Clark, but unlike someone like Thor where it tips the scale in his favor, I think for Cap it's what allows him to stand on equal ground. I wouldn't count Clark out in either of those match-ups. The hammer brothers are another story but there are 3 other teammates that could go against them.

Raoul
Im just saying that you are a huge Superman fan. Most if not all are biased to varying degrees.

i'm not biased to the point that i'd say he wins against people he wouldn't, though...

quanchi112
i'm not biased to the point that i'd say he wins against people he wouldn't, though... Im not saying your a fanboy but I think you might give him a win over an evenly matched opponent. Some might even say I do that from time to time.

Raoul
Im not saying your a fanboy but I think you might give him a win over an evenly matched opponent. Some might even say I do that from time to time.

if they're evenly matched, they're evenly matched, but how many characters are truly even rather than just being comparable?

Nihilist
team 2 for the a big majority

DigiMark007
Gladiator's the weak link here, though not by a ton, and there's too much magic for Superman not to be boned. I've also always maintained that GLs would be screwed against incalculable energy absorbers like Thor and Bill.

Lord Feron
Team 1 7/10
Supes & Glads Being the strongest Characters on their side fight should go toe to toe with BA and CM. They all use speed so I assume when they see Supes and Glads flying at them at super speed and they meet up with the BA and CM who prob will be going them at similar speeds they will decide to fight eachother since they proable meet 1st. No matter how you mix match the fight between the 2 on 2 Supes and Glads should come out on top. There is nothing BA or CM has shown to outclass either supes of Glads (especially glads happy )

Orion can hold off Thor and Hal can distract BRB until Supes and Glads comes back for the stomp on Thor and BRB. I could see BRB or Thor actually beating the Orion and Hal but if that happens. Glads can definitely tangle up thor for quite a while since they both fought each other a few times and each one has taken a some wins. Supes imo can dispatch BRB. So then Supes will be able to help put away Thor.

quanchi112
if they're evenly matched, they're evenly matched, but how many characters are truly even rather than just being comparable? Black Adam and Superman are pretty evenly matched when there fists start flying. Both are invulnerable and both pack a whallop.

Raoul
Black Adam and Superman are pretty evenly matched when there fists start flying. Both are invulnerable and both pack a whallop.

yes, they're reasonably evenly matched, but truly equal in strength, speed and durability? no, imo. comparable, sure, but bang on equal? not imo...

zeel
pot, kettle? ha-son

bloodlust is on. just because he chooses to be a pacifist more often than not doesn't mean he's incapable of putting people down when he needs to. Just look at dd rex, or imperiex, or manchester black's elite.

You said it yourself comparable "Strength" feats.

Supes and orion are 1 dimensional. Thor with the odin force literally demolishes anyone on the other team. If supes wants a chance he better go sundipping.

Look i respect everyones opinion on theses boards. But i just get tired of hearing about how PHYSICALLY hes stronger.

It dont matter, thor BRB cap and ba are fairly close to him in strength especially BA and cap. BRB and thor mabey not quite physically as strong. But their maical abilities well prolly over welm him.

Im not saying supes team cant win. But they are going to have to work their asses off for a win here.

superman vs captian marvel = stalemate could go either way

orion vs black adam = i honestly dont konw on this one

green lantern vs thor = classic thor could win this version of thor destroys GL and anyone els on the oposing team.

Glads vs BRB = BRb could win depending on glads level of confidence. Id give the edge to glads.

Im going with thors team.

zeel

cyclops has more power output than wolverine, but cyclops can't survive a bullet to the head...

Incorrect. Cyclops shoots a lazer from his eye. thats on dimensional like supes. Thor is a physical power house has incredible magical abilities the odin force and his hammer. Cyclops and wolverine were a bad example =(

zeel

if you want to talk about pure power, then sure, thor would have the advantage, but superman has enough in other areas to be his equal, and imo, his superior...

I agree i think supes would be able to beat adam.

But hes going to have to be willing to kill him.

zeel
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Team 1 7/10
Supes & Glads Being the strongest Characters on their side fight should go toe to toe with BA and CM. They all use speed so I assume when they see Supes and Glads flying at them at super speed and they meet up with the BA and CM who prob will be going them at similar speeds they will decide to fight eachother since they proable meet 1st. No matter how you mix match the fight between the 2 on 2 Supes and Glads should come out on top. There is nothing BA or CM has shown to outclass either supes of Glads (especially glads happy )

Orion can hold off Thor and Hal can distract BRB until Supes and Glads comes back for the stomp on Thor and BRB. I could see BRB or Thor actually beating the Orion and Hal but if that happens. Glads can definitely tangle up thor for quite a while since they both fought each other a few times and each one has taken a some wins. Supes imo can dispatch BRB. So then Supes will be able to help put away Thor.

sorry bro orion physically > glads any day of the weak physically , orion can shit stomp supes if need be and has.

Raoul
Originally posted by zeel
You said it yourself comparable "Strength" feats.

Supes and orion are 1 dimensional. Thor with the odin force literally demolishes anyone on the other team. If supes wants a chance he better go sundipping.

Look i respect everyones opinion on theses boards. But i just get tired of hearing about how PHYSICALLY hes stronger.

It dont matter, thor BRB cap and ba are fairly close to him in strength especially BA and cap. BRB and thor mabey not quite physically as strong. But their maical abilities well prolly over welm him.

Im not saying supes team cant win. But they are going to have to work their asses off for a win here.

superman vs captian marvel = stalemate could go either way

orion vs black adam = i honestly dont konw on this one

green lantern vs thor = classic thor could win this version of thor destroys GL and anyone els on the oposing team.

Glads vs BRB = BRb could win depending on glads level of confidence. Id give the edge to glads.

Im going with thors team.

you don't believe speed and strength are a factor?

Incorrect. Cyclops shoots a lazer from his eye. thats on dimensional like supes. Thor is a physical power house has incredible magical abilities the odin force and his hammer. Cyclops and wolverine were a bad example =(

it was just an example, thats all, to illustrate that 'more powerful' needs to be clarified or else its just a vague term...

quanchi112
yes, they're reasonably evenly matched, but truly equal in strength, speed and durability? no, imo. comparable, sure, but bang on equal? not imo... They are very close imo. Its opinion based either way,but you have to admit its pretty darn close.Originally posted by Raoul

it was just an example, thats all, to illustrate that 'more powerful' needs to be clarified or else its just a vague term... Strength is very close. Supes has him in it and I dont think Supes would use his speed. He may,but it wouldnt guarantee him the win imo.

Raoul
They are very close imo. Its opinion based either way,but you have to admit its pretty darn close.

of course, i'd never say they weren't...

supes has used speed when he's come up against foes he knows he can't punch out. if he's having trouble with thor, he's bound to try it sooner or later imo...

Lord Feron
sorry bro orion physically > glads any day of the weak physically , orion can shit stomp supes if need be and has.

Really I knew Supes and Orion was close and supes was like a tiniest of touches greater than Orion. My Mistakes. But IMHO I think Glads is more powerful than Supes and Orion. But lets not talk about that. Anyway still team 1.

batdude123
Magic will spell doom for Supes.

What a dumb thing to say. Seriously...

quanchi112
of course, i'd never say they weren't...

supes has used speed when he's come up against foes he knows he can't punch out. if he's having trouble with thor, he's bound to try it sooner or later imo... I think we should rule speed and the godblast out to make it fair. A Thor fan could argue godblast then. This could turn into a cbr type of debate.

quanchi112
Originally posted by batdude123
What a dumb thing to say. Seriously... Why dont you try countering for once? These laughing smilies and insults are pathetic. Counter or hush up.

Red Hulk
Oh snap, fatnude just got Quwned

batdude123
Why dont you try countering for once? These laughing smilies and insults are pathetic. Counter or hush up.

I already did. Plenty of times. I showed you tons and tons of evidence where Superman was shown to counter/beat magic easily. You seemed to have forgotten rather quickly. Your "counter" to my list of feats was akin to saying something like "nUh-Uh!!! hE's sTIll weAk ta maGIcc!!!1"

You rely on an old misconception with absolutely no proof to back it up.

In essence, starting a "debate" with you (no one in his right mind would even call it that when you're involved) is like arguing with a deaf 3 year old child with Down's Syndrome.

A waste of time.

quanchi112
I already did. Plenty of times. I showed you tons and tons of evidence where Superman was shown to counter/beat magic easily. You seemed to have forgotten rather quickly. Your "counter" to my list of feats was akin to saying something like "nUh-Uh!!! hE's sTIll weAk ta maGIcc!!!1"

You rely on an old misconception with absolutely no proof to back it up.

In essence, starting a "debate" with you (no one in his right mind would even call it that when you're involved) is like arguing with a deaf 3 year old child with Down's Syndrome.

A waste of time. When did I say any magic user can beat Superman just because they have magic at their disposal? When?

It is a disadvantage though. Thats my point. Is Black Adam invulnerable...yes. Can he hit as hard as Superman....yes. So,really when a fight is this close and you have someone who hits harder on average than Superman because he doesnt hold back and will just straight up kill an enemy and couple that with magic based attacks then I give him the win based off that.

Thor has magic going for him as well and is a lot more powerful. These two characters imo beat Superman 6 out of ten times. So,next time before you throw at your weak insults pay attention to what i actually said and dont try to twist it to make yourself feel better because you disagree with me and dont even actually understand what I meant in the first place.

smile

batdude123

Red Hulk
Edit: Wouldn't want to interfere on this little battle...

batdude123
Originally posted by Red Hulk
Edit:

Edit is right, beyotch.

Red Hulk
Edit is right, beyotch. Only because you're debating Quan. erm

batdude123
In any case, it's a little funny how he continues a brawl with Superman and only backs out when Supes steps it up a notch. It isn't like Adam to give up like that.

Red Hulk
In any case, it's a little funny how he continues a brawl with Superman and only backs out when Supes steps it up a notch. It isn't like Adam to give up like that. Why are you still posting this?

I already edited out my answer to this... on account that I know Quan would use what I said, and run to ****ing France with it.

zeel

it was just an example, thats all, to illustrate that 'more powerful' needs to be clarified or else its just a vague term...

I believe strength is a factor but as i said before its not like compareing a ferrari to a pinto. they are all physically very strong but supes .yes is the strongest and yes supes is the fastest.

The diffrence is when compareing well lets say BA to supes, Supes cannot blitz BA becasue BA is to fast to be blitzed. Now say you compare Zoom to ba. Well ya he could blitz ba easy there is a world of diffrence between the 2. The diffrence between zoom and ba is huge, when it comes to speed. The diffrence between supes and ba is NOT. Same with strength..

Supes has higher stats then ba and cap and alwasy will.

But he still remains a peer not their superior.

Again i never said strength is not a factor. Or speed for that matter.

Just some people use thoses 2 stats, strength and speed and they asume its the deciding factor in every fight. And it is not.

Cap,BA BRB and thor are all capeable of defeating superman. And vis versa.

thors team for the win especially with the odin force. Supes team has way to many weaknesses.

zeel
In any case, it's a little funny how he continues a brawl with Superman and only backs out when Supes steps it up a notch. It isn't like Adam to give up like that.

DUDE you are talking like supes is a real person.

Just releax man.

Its all fiction. Superman is as powerful as the writers make him out to be.

And supes will always Be D.C's flagship boy.

BA,captian marvel,thor,superman, orion etc...........

They are all make believe, i sometimes think people forget that.

And that BA superman fight you are refering to was a excellent fight i hope D.C. brings it on again.

DTM
Im going with Team 2, as I think Gladiator and Hal are the two weakest here (and thats saying ALOT for the remaining guys, as those two are Uber Powerful). Now if we replaced Hal or Gladdie with Surfer, not youve got a much closer match up. smile

Raoul
I think we should rule speed and the godblast out to make it fair. A Thor fan could argue godblast then. This could turn into a cbr type of debate.

so take out speed and the godblast and what are you left with? clark winning the majority, imo...

Why dont you try countering for once? These laughing smilies and insults are pathetic. Counter or hush up.

in fairness, it was a dumb thing to say, tbh...

Just some people use thoses 2 stats, strength and speed and they asume its the deciding factor in every fight. And it is not.

ah, ok, and no, i wouldn't say it is the deciding factor a lot of the time, unless one person is at a disadvantage...

Lord Feron
Originally posted by DTM
Im going with Team 2, as I think Gladiator and Hal are the two weakest here (and thats saying ALOT for the remaining guys, as those two are Uber Powerful). Now if we replaced Hal or Gladdie with Surfer, not youve got a much closer match up. smile

Silly why people Glads is one of the weakest ones... I do agree Replacing Hal With SS could guarantee 10/10. But that would be a stomp.

But still what makes you think Glads is a weak link?

DTM
Oh I dont mean WEAK link, but compared to the rest of the guys on this list, I see Gladiator and Hal on the slightly lower end, and with both of them being on the same team, makes me vote for the other side more than not for the win.

Lord Feron
Alright I respect your opinion but I think almost the opposite of you. I actually think Glads is one of the strongest on either side of the fight. Ahh well. cool

Enyalus
Alright I respect your opinion but I think almost the opposite of you. I actually think Glads is one of the strongest on either side of the fight. Ahh well. cool

I like Gladiator a lot, but I think a standard version of him is probably less powerful than Superman or Orion.

quanchi112

quanchi112
so take out speed and the godblast and what are you left with? clark winning the majority, imo...

ah, ok, and no, i wouldn't say it is the deciding factor a lot of the time, unless one person is at a disadvantage... No,we still have Thor being more powerful without the godblast. He defeated the Surfer and warlock at the same time when he wasnt holding back. Who has Superman beaten when not holding back and with no amps?

Of course you are all for this. Forget the fact he was bashing. I dont care one way or the other as Im not a kid and dont get my feelings hurt at all but it is still bashing. In this instance I gave my opinion based off these fighters. Magic hurts superman and he could either take on a meaner,just as invulnerable guy with it,or a much more powerful guy who scares off Galactus and damages Celestials.

When its this even I see it as a possible deciding factor.

batdude123
You gave examples of him defeating an opponent to brought magic to the table. I never said that magic always defeats him. In this scenario these two characters beat him imo. He doesnt overcome the magic here.

Black Adam wasnt there to put him down. They looked pretty dead on even if you ask me. So,nowhere in this fight do you see Clark having an edge on him. Adam calmed him down in the end which is kinda funny considering the jerk BA can and has been in the past.

If you think this constitutes as proof of Ba REALIZING HE CANT CONTEND WITH SUPERMAN i THINK YOU ARE WAY OFF BASE HERE.

Ill be reading some more comics in january. Once I fin dsome majestic comics though I need to face off against Smurph. It wouldnt be fair to go up against you when Ive already promised him. Although,Im chomping at the bit to do this matchup.

Why does dc acknowledge Superman's weakness against magic in the mk game? Is this pc Superman?

Even though he's beaten far more powerful magically adept characters before? Also, I don't know if it's on purpose or not, but you keep skimming over the fact that Zatanna recently trained Superman to become resistant to mystical based attacks.

They looked even until Superman decided it was time to take the kiddie gloves off. And it's not like Black Adam was holding himself back. Especially considering the fact that during their battle, Superman said Black Adam was hitting harder than Captain Marvel. So Black Adam was stalemating him when Superman was holding himself back.

Cool. Maybe after your battle zone match with Smurph then.

Surprisingly enough, I knew you'd bring up the MK vs. DC game. I think they needed a scapegoat in order to explain how Mortal Kombat characters are able to harm Superman considering he's much more powerful than them.

quanchi112
Even though he's beaten far more powerful magically adept characters before? Also, I don't know if it's on purpose or not, but you keep skimming over the fact that Zatanna recently trained Superman to become resistant to mystical based attacks.

They looked even until Superman decided it was time to take the kiddie gloves off. And it's not like Black Adam was holding himself back. Especially considering the fact that during their battle, Superman said Black Adam was hitting harder than Captain Marvel. So Black Adam was stalemating him when Superman was holding himself back.

Surprisingly enough, I knew you'd bring up the MK vs. DC game. I think they needed a scapegoat in order to explain how Mortal Kombat characters are able to harm Superman considering he's much more powerful than them. Both of them could take each others punches. How many do you give Black Adam in a straight up brawl against Superman with no holding back?

They brought a dc guy on to make sure they stayed true to the mythos. Darkseid,Captain Marvel,and WW would all wreck most of the mk characters and they dont have a weakness to magic. We knew in the game Batman can also defeat raiden when he'd absolutely annihilate him.

batdude123
Both of them could take each others punches. How many do you give Black Adam in a straight up brawl against Superman with no holding back?

They brought a dc guy on to make sure they stayed true to the mythos. Darkseid,Captain Marvel,and WW would all wreck most of the mk characters and they dont have a weakness to magic. We knew in the game Batman can also defeat raiden when he'd absolutely annihilate him.

3-4/10 against Superman

Ed Boon (co-creator of the MK series) stated DC gave them a lot of freedom with their characters. He also stated that he used the magic excuse to explain why the MK characters are able to even make Superman flinch.

quanchi112
3-4/10 against Superman

Ed Boon (co-creator of the MK series) stated DC gave them a lot of freedom with their characters. He also stated that he used the magic excuse to explain why the MK characters are able to even make Superman flinch. Did you get the collectors edition?

The Great Galen
Woops wrong thread heh.

quanchi112
For batdude.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/KingdomCome3pg35.jpg

batdude123
For batdude.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/KingdomCome3pg35.jpg

Different Superman, different universe.

Sasaraixx
3-4/10 against Superman

Ed Boon (co-creator of the MK series) stated DC gave them a lot of freedom with their characters. He also stated that he used the magic excuse to explain why the MK characters are able to even make Superman flinch.

I would pay just about zero attention to the MK game. They really did a half-ass job explaining what was happening to the characters. The "magical" merging of the realms somehow depower Supes and messes with GL's ring. CM is immune to this, but the merger messes up the "mystic" elements or some crap, and his gods are all out of whack. That's why his powers are messed up. WW? She straight up says that the magic has no effect on her and her powers are fine. Apparently she didn't need any toning down. I think Boon and Co. must have used the Lynda Carter show for all their research. stick out tongue

big grinoes the Wonder Spin:

carver9
Different Superman, different universe.

So true even though it still has yet to be proven that superman isnt effected by magic anymore.

Mindset
Tbh I don't know what you guys are talking about, but I'll chime in dur

Superman was recently beaten by Atlas because of magic.

carver9
Team 2 8/10,

Team two has two planet buster along with 2 of the most versatile on the field and they have two other people that is equal to superman but also possess his weakness, hell everyone on team two possess his weakness and everyone on team two could beat orion or take a majority and that same rule applies to glads and hal.

Eel O'Brien
Originally posted by Mindset
Tbh I don't know what you guys are talking about, but I'll chime in dur

Superman was recently beaten by Atlas because of magic.

He was down on power then.

When he got the sun back, he beat Atlas in under 60 seconds...

Lord Feron
Originally posted by carver9
Team 2 8/10,

Team two has two planet buster along with 2 of the most versatile on the field and they have two other people that is equal to superman but also possess his weakness, hell everyone on team two possess his weakness and everyone on team two could beat orion or take a majority and that same rule applies to glads and hal.

What BA and CM are Planet Busters (I am assuming that is who you are talking about) ? Really. How did they destroy a planet?

batdude123
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien

When he got the sun back, he beat Atlas in under 60 seconds...

Details and circumstances are for losers.

Marvelknight
Team 1.

Mindset

When he got the sun back, he beat Atlas in under 60 seconds... Didn't Zatara give him a sun boost?

Supes was looking for Zatanna because he wanted protection against magic.

So shut up before I shove batdude's fist up your anus.

Badabing
For batdude.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/KingdomCome3pg35.jpg For Quan, because this is about as relevant as your scan.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/Marvel%20Scans/Untitled-Scanned-02-4.jpg

carver9
What BA and CM are Planet Busters (I am assuming that is who you are talking about) ? Really. How did they destroy a planet?

I'm not talking about black adam or captain marvel, I'm referring to thor and beta ray bill. Both of them are planet busters. Black adam and captain marvel are equal or>superman, take your pick.

carver9
For Quan, because this is about as relevant as your scan.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/Marvel%20Scans/Untitled-Scanned-02-4.jpg

Drax is a beast.

Badabing
Originally posted by carver9
Drax is a beast. I was impressed with him the entire run.

Mindset
Drax is > skyfather

canon

Enyalus
For what its worth, so long as it's not Captain Marvel Shazam, I think Hal could take CM for the majority.

quanchi112
Different Superman, different universe. This Superman seems to be more durable than current Superman when they have been involved in the same storyline. In fact he has been absorbing solar energy for longer. You can ignore this all you want,but he is vulnerable,weak against magic.Originally posted by Badabing
For Quan, because this is about as relevant as your scan.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/Marvel%20Scans/Untitled-Scanned-02-4.jpg My scan shows how a stronger Superman is vulnerable against magic.

Badabing
This Superman seems to be more durable than current Superman when they have been involved in the same storyline. In fact he has been absorbing solar energy for longer. You can ignore this all you want,but he is vulnerable,weak against magic. My scan shows how a stronger Superman is vulnerable against magic. Your scan shows a non-canon Superman. My scan shows something which is equally pointless to this thread........but it's more entertaining.

quanchi112
Your scan shows a non-canon Superman. My scan shows something which is equally pointless to this thread........but it's more entertaining. How isnt that canon? Its kc Supes who is currently interacting in the jsa arc. Do you think kc Supes is different than regular Supes?

Your scan is trash. Oh yeah and the steelers got lucky again. Romo threw the game.

Enyalus
Your scan shows a non-canon Superman. My scan shows something which is equally pointless to this thread........but it's more entertaining.

Uh, Quan's scan is canon. KC was canon but set in a different universe. And KC Supes is currently in the New Earth universe talking about the very same things that happened in KC. So yes, its canon.

batdude123
This Superman seems to be more durable than current Superman when they have been involved in the same storyline. In fact he has been absorbing solar energy for longer. You can ignore this all you want,but he is vulnerable,weak against magic.

I ask you for evidence that shows Superman in recent years portrayed as being vulnerable to magic. Instead, you show me an elseworlds comic from 1995 that is:

A. Not canon to Earth 1.

and

B. Has a completely different version of Superman.

So nice try, but this simply isn't going to cut it.

Enyalus
Your scan is trash. Oh yeah and the steelers got lucky again. Romo threw the game.

Steelers > All.

quanchi112
I ask you for evidence that shows Superman in recent years portrayed as being vulnerable to magic. Instead, you show me an elseworlds comic from 1995 that is:

A. Not canon to Earth 1.

and

B. Has a completely different version of Superman.

So nice try, but this simply isn't going to cut it. KC is canon. Its actually a stronger,slightly more powerful Superman. Wouldnt you agree?

quanchi112
Steelers > All. Nope. Ravens still look pretty darn good. Those Titans only have 1 loss also. Lets not get to offtopic though.

batdude123
KC is canon. Its actually a stronger,slightly more powerful Superman. Wouldnt you agree?

I would agree that the evidence you brought to the table is meaningless.

That's like me trying to use Red Son Superman's feats for KC Superman or vice versa.

Illogical, and stupid.

Enyalus
KC is canon. Its actually a stronger,slightly more powerful Superman. Wouldnt you agree?

He swatted NE Supes across Metropolis when he was blinded from the K-nite gas, lol.

The Illuminati

quanchi112
I would agree that the evidence you brought to the table is meaningless.

That's like me trying to use Red Son Superman's feats for KC Superman or vice versa.

Illogical, and stupid. Ok. Even though kc Supes easily took a hercules punch while your superman went flying away. Yet magic affects him more? Originally posted by Enyalus
He swatted NE Supes across Metropolis when he was blinded from the K-nite gas, lol. I know. Now I have to hear how even though most agree he is more powerful than Superman in every way he is now weaker against magic than Superman is. Ill bring something else to the table because people are being stubborn here.

batdude123
Ok. Even though kc Supes easily took a hercules punch while your superman went flying away. Yet magic affects him more?

JESUS H. TAP-DANCING CHRIST...

You're using evidence of an alternate version of Superman when I asked you specifically for proof concerning EARTH ONE SUPERMAN. Do you have any idea how asinine your logic is? Kingdom Come Superman can be stronger and still be more vulnerable to magic. Especially considering he hasn't had training with Zatanna.

Now, if there is further continuation of this topic, I will report you for trolling.

Mindset
Why did Supes seek out Zatanna for help when fighting Atlas if he didn't have a weakness towards magic?

kgkg
Why did Supes seek out Zatanna for help when fighting Atlas if he didn't have a weakness towards magic? is that what the folks arguing about?

but to answer your question yes he went to see Zatanna but she was not there instead he got a sun amp from Zatara and owned Atlas.

quanchi112
JESUS H. TAP-DANCING CHRIST...

You're using evidence of an alternate version of Superman when I asked you specifically for proof concerning EARTH ONE SUPERMAN. Do you have any idea how asinine your logic is? Kingdom Come Superman can be stronger and still be more vulnerable to magic. Especially considering he hasn't had training with Zatanna.

Now, if there is further continuation of this topic, I will report you for trolling. Have any scans to prove he isnt vulnerable to magic at all?

batdude123
Have any scans to prove he isnt vulnerable to magic at all?

You've been dodging my question for so long, and then after being pushed, you're answering it with another question.

laughing out loud A sign of desperation.

Nobody is truly invulnerable to magic. Hell, even Thor was turned into a frog because of magic.

However, magic doesn't have to be a weakness in order for somebody to be affected by it. The idea that Superman has a "weakness to magic" is a misconception which is CONTRADICTED BY MANY OF HIS FEATS.

And for the 85th time, he's been working with Zatanna on becoming resistant towards it.

quanchi112
You've been dodging my question for so long, and then after being pushed, you're answering it with another question.

laughing out loud A sign of desperation.

Nobody is truly invulnerable to magic. Hell, even Thor was turned into a frog because of magic.

However, magic doesn't have to be a weakness in order for somebody to be affected by it. The idea that Superman has a "weakness to magic" is a misconception which is CONTRADICTED BY MANY OF HIS FEATS.

And for the 85th time, he's been working with Zatanna on becoming resistant towards it. What issue did this take place in? From what it sounds like he was working on it to overcome some menace and i doubt he is totally free of clear of magic.

quanchi112
Was his training before this?

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/11-4.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/14-3.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/15-2.jpg

Philosophía
http://herochat.com/forum/index.php/topic,189285.msg3036349.html#msg3036349

crylaugh

Subtley asking for help from herochat, and using arguments that other people use there. Priceless.

Raoul

Eel O'Brien
During the encounter with Atlas, people are missing the fact that some outside force was messing with his solar powers.

Zachary's spell didn't "sun amp" him; it just restored his connection. After that it took him less than 60 seconds to beat a magical opponent who was stated to be AS STRONG AS him.

Mindset
During the encounter with Atlas, people are missing the fact that some outside force was messing with his solar powers.

Zachary's spell didn't "sun amp" him; it just restored his connection. After that it took him less than 60 seconds to beat a magical opponent who was stated to be AS STRONG AS him. Where was the proof of this, I never saw it in the comic that he was being cut off from the sun.

And if he was not effected by magic why would he be seeking out Zatanna's help?

Why would he want a shield that protected him from magic?

Lord Feron

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/11-4.jpg

WHo is the big ass spartan looking dude?

Badabing

Mindset
Bada you're always pming me for comic information. whistle

Badabing
Bada you're always pming me for comic information. whistle But we're not talking about lesbian porn comics in this thread. embarrasment

Enyalus
WHo is the big ass spartan looking dude?

Atlas.

Oh cripes. Self pwnage for the loss. Failure for the win! crylaugh durlaugh

Quan, you don't read Superman or DC. You go to another site for your "proof".

I can't think of a particular instance, but even the writers and DC Earth seem to think Supes has a weakness to magic. Recall IC, where Prime makes a big deal out of BA's magically charged shots - feigning like it hurt him, before telling him off? To everyone's shock. That was '06, right?

Everyone thinks he's weak to magic. And Superman has said before that he doesn't like it...(in one of the semi-recent Batman/Superman issues). Though again, no specific examples of it hurting him come to mind on my end.

Not my argument to make though, luckily. lol.

fangirl101
Team two Wins. Gladiator is the weakest link.

Mindset
But we're not talking about lesbian porn comics in this thread. embarrasment You make a good point. wink

Enyalus
Originally posted by fangirl101

I'm going to do bad things to your underwear.

carver9

Gladiator is one of the strongest if not one of the most powerful in this battle; he is by far one of the weakest in this battle. I would give him a majority over ALL but two people that is full of magic and other amazing powers.

Philosophía
Let me guess, those two people are Thor and BRB right ?

So you are basically giving him the win against everybody from DC, but the loss against the others from Marvel.

How atypical of you, Carver.

Raoul

those scans say exactly why i don't like robinson as a writer... superman would never be that outwardly rude to anyone, especially someone who he was looking for help from...

Eel O'Brien
Where was the proof of this, I never saw it in the comic that he was being cut off from the sun.

And if he was not effected by magic why would he be seeking out Zatanna's help?

Why would he want a shield that protected him from magic?

He said something was wrong with his power in the comic. It was when he started talking funny. "My lady, the sun- where art thou" or something like that.

Anyway, I never said Supes didn't have some sort of magical weakness; I'm just pointing out that when the sun came back on, it was lights out Atlas.

Mindset
He said something was wrong with his power in the comic. It was when he started talking funny. "My lady, the sun- where art thou" or something like that.

Anyway, I never said Supes didn't have some sort of magical weakness; I'm just pointing out that when the sun came back on, it was lights out Atlas. Hmm, I don't remember that part, I just remember some guy firing lasers or something.

They didn't really explain what was happening too well.

Raoul

Anyway, I never said Supes didn't have some sort of magical weakness; I'm just pointing out that when the sun came back on, it was lights out Atlas.

here:

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/6931/01ar6.th.jpg

Hmm, I don't remember that part, I just remember some guy firing lasers or something.

They didn't really explain what was happening too well.

nope, they didn't...

Lord Feron

stick out tongue Hello Nemisis!

quanchi112

quanchi112
Oh cripes. Self pwnage for the loss. Failure for the win! crylaugh durlaugh

Quan, you don't read Superman or DC. You go to another site for your "proof". There was no help provided on herochat. I wanted to here other's opinions. I did the same thing over that countdown dispute over the soul battery. I showed you the first poster agreed with me. Read it over. There werent any scans put up. I have provided proof. Dc vs. Mk backs it up,kc backs it up,Atlas fight backs it up. I win.Originally posted by Raoul
those scans say exactly why i don't like robinson as a writer... superman would never be that outwardly rude to anyone, especially someone who he was looking for help from... He was worried about his poochie.

zeel

Surprisingly enough, I knew you'd bring up the MK vs. DC game. I think they needed a scapegoat in order to explain how Mortal Kombat characters are able to harm Superman considering he's much more powerful than them.

You have this all backwards black adam wasnt even sweating! supes was a rageing lunatic. hair all messed up cape torn apart the only one screaming in pain was supes. Quit turning things around just casue ya like supes.

I like supes but i prefer BA myself as more a a favorite. And even though i prefer BA that l;ast punch would have knocked ba out if ba was stupid enough to sit their and take it. When BA rages he hits hard. When superman rages he knocks ya out.

Black adam wasnt even interested in the fight where you get this he was going all out and supes wasnt is beyond me. And superman cannot speedblitz ba either. BA actually had enough time to turn his back on supes he could have easily avoided the punch.

Supes and ba are equal in strikeing power but in knock out power it goes to supes. If hes pissed. ANd im not talking bout WWIII ba, that version of ba RIPS SUPES APART.

zeel
yes, they're reasonably evenly matched, but truly equal in strength, speed and durability? no, imo. comparable, sure, but bang on equal? not imo...

AGREE.

zeel

Actually once you elimitated supes superspeed you just crippled supes. thor 7/10 thor has a magical hammer and supes cannnot use his speed against him. And even though thor is not as strong or as durible as supes hes tough enough to beat supes the vast mojority of the time. thats the advantage of thor hes just to versital. You take one thing away from supes like strength................oops there goes his entire arsenal =(

lets try this one take away supes strength and speed. Now take away thors speed and strength. what do ya got. Thor still has his hammer his magical abilities. supes has.

NOTHING LEFT........ embarrasment

ah, ok, and no, i wouldn't say it is the deciding factor a lot of the time, unless one person is at a disadvantage...

batdude123
Dc vs. Mk backs it up

laughing

kc backs it up

Completely different Superman.

Atlas fight backs it up.

Way to completely misinterpret the circumstances. Superman's power was depleted and once it was restored, Atlas was done in 60 seconds.

I win.

You win nothing when you try to use a video game as canonical evidence.

Magic isn't anymore of a weakness for Superman than it is for everyone else. You wouldn't say Shuma Gorath has a weakness to magic even though Dr. Strange has beaten him, would you?

batdude123
You have this all backwards black adam wasnt even sweating! supes was a rageing lunatic. hair all messed up cape torn apart the only one screaming in pain was supes. Quit turning things around just casue ya like supes.

I like supes but i prefer BA myself as more a a favorite. And even though i prefer BA that l;ast punch would have knocked ba out if ba was stupid enough to sit their and take it. When BA rages he hits hard. When superman rages he knocks ya out.

Black adam wasnt even interested in the fight where you get this he was going all out and supes wasnt is beyond me. And superman cannot speedblitz ba either. BA actually had enough time to turn his back on supes he could have easily avoided the punch.

Supes and ba are equal in strikeing power but in knock out power it goes to supes. If hes pissed. ANd im not talking bout WWIII ba, that version of ba RIPS SUPES APART.

I can overlook everything you said except for this part...

"ANd im not talking bout WWIII ba, that version of ba RIPS SUPES APART."

Plain ignorance. Straight up.

quanchi112
laughing

Completely different Superman.

Way to completely misinterpret the circumstances. Superman's power was depleted and once it was restored, Atlas was done in 60 seconds.

You win nothing when you try to use a video game as canonical evidence.

Magic isn't anymore of a weakness for Superman than it is for everyone else. You wouldn't say Shuma Gorath has a weakness to magic even though Dr. Strange has beaten him, would you? I asked you earlier if you got the collector's edition. At one of the comic cons ed boon came up with a dc guy. I cant remember his name but he stayed on to fine tune things for the dc side. He switched batman dialogue,etc. to make sure the dc characters were acting and speaking in character. He was there to make sure dc stayed true to the characters. So,no he wouldnt just let them through the magic there in there if it made no sense. wink

No,he needed someone to help protect him from an opponent whose power was magically based. It says it right in the scan. The spell that he needed to battle him gave him access to the sun for 60 seconds. You can keep trying to downplay the evidence coming at you from videogames,futuristic versions of Superman,this Superman, etc. but it doesnt change the fact he is has a weakness against magic.

Someone else brought up the big deal they made in ic when BA's magic based punches werent having an effect on Prime. The only thing you said was that since he had training which means that Superman is vulnerable to it otherwise. I bet the training took place before this and we still see he needs help in dealing with a magic based foe. He was getting crushed on his own until another magician aided him. wink

Now when did he receive this training? What ish of what Superman comic?

quanchi112
I can overlook everything you said except for this part...

"ANd im not talking bout WWIII ba, that version of ba RIPS SUPES APART."

Plain ignorance. Straight up. What is ignorant abut his post?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>