A New Way to debate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mizukage Yoda
I've come up with a new format for us to debate these topics. This should be quite helpful

Distance: How far do the two combatants start apart. This is especially useful when one or more combatants are well versed in TK
State of Mind: Now I know this may spark controversy, but I believe we should state the character's state of mind in the thread. For example, Bloodlusted, restrained, hesitant, standard, Crystal Clear. This can have a large outcome on fights for example in the controversial Obi vs. Anakin debate
btw-Bloodlusted is the equivalent of the LS-Crystal clear. So that means they will not hesitate at all
I'm sure that everyone would argue that an Bloodlusted, Anakin could defeat Obi-Wan, but in ROTS a hesitant Anakin in the worst possible state of mind for this duel will definately lose to his former master.
I just want some feedback as too what you guys think, I hope you implement it. Just tryin to help smokin'

xxxpoppunker182
I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure anakin wasn't hesitant at all when fighting obi-wan in fact it looked and sounded like he was quite blood lusted in his state of mind

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure anakin wasn't hesitant at all when fighting obi-wan in fact it looked and sounded like he was quite blood lusted in his state of mind
He wasn't "In teh zone"

xxxpoppunker182
i know but they way you use blood lusted doesn't match up. it doesn't mean that one is thinking crystal clear. I think that Anakin during his fight with kenobi is a perfect example of what blood lusted is

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
i know but they way you use blood lusted doesn't match up. it doesn't mean that one is thinking crystal clear. I think that Anakin during his fight with kenobi is a perfect example of what blood lusted is
But, Anakin was conflicted, he was fighting against his father-figure, and had hardly anytime to think about any of his actions, Mace's death, becoming a Sith Lord, storming the Jedi Temple, murdering Masters and Padawans alike, murdering the Seperatist Council. He was conflicted over all of these things. He wasn't in my opinion bloodlusted. He wasn't just focused on mudering Kenobi, and that alone

kotorfan
lol i like ur new format. maybe ppl will start using it in the future.

and I think that Anakin was not crystal clear or clear headed but more bloodlust and I don't think that blood lust would be the equal of crystal clear because of Anakin's example. He was bloodlusted but not necesarily crystal clear. so there is a distinct difference between those and they are not the dark or light side of the force equals.

Lucien A
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
But, Anakin was conflicted, he was fighting against his father-figure, and had hardly anytime to think about any of his actions, Mace's death, becoming a Sith Lord, storming the Jedi Temple, murdering Masters and Padawans alike, murdering the Seperatist Council. He was conflicted over all of these things. He wasn't in my opinion bloodlusted. He wasn't just focused on mudering Kenobi, and that alone He was disillusioned and confused with everything he knew and was apart of. And he managed to convince himself it was "all Obi-Wan's fault!" He was out for blood during that fight.

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
But, Anakin was conflicted, he was fighting against his father-figure, and had hardly anytime to think about any of his actions, Mace's death, becoming a Sith Lord, storming the Jedi Temple, murdering Masters and Padawans alike, murdering the Seperatist Council. He was conflicted over all of these things. He wasn't in my opinion bloodlusted. He wasn't just focused on mudering Kenobi, and that alone

first thats all inferred on your part.

second Anakin flat tells kenobi he will destroy him and tells him that he hate shim and that he thinks he is evil.

Anakin was in a bloodlusted state of mind all the way

Lord Knightfa11
I think its a good idea... Although a different word might be better than "blood lusted". Hate-imbued might work better.

To tell the truth, this would make a lot of sense because very often people have to change their verdict on the fight depending on what the scenario might be.

Number of times i've heard:
"Well, if hes over here thinking like he was in eu comic 234, he's going to win, but if he's over here, fighting and thinking like he was in the first scene of the second act of fan-film 88, he is definitely going to lose.

Specifying the fight parameters would be most ingenious.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
I think its a good idea... Although a different word might be better than "blood lusted". Hate-imbued might work better.

To tell the truth, this would make a lot of sense because very often people have to change their verdict on the fight depending on what the scenario might be.

Number of times i've heard:
"Well, if hes over here thinking like he was in eu comic 234, he's going to win, but if he's over here, fighting and thinking like he was in the first scene of the second act of fan-film 88, he is definitely going to lose.

Specifying the fight parameters would be most ingenious.
Sure Hate imbued would work, we can discuss what terms we will use later. Actually we can just use crystal clear for both sides, but I figured Crystal clear was more of a LS thing. The point is there would be in different states of mind, I'll make a thread as an example

kotorfan
feelings of certainty like Darth Maul felt in his journal before he died? or how about fully immersed in the Dark Side of the Force, or teh zone? like Anakin was while fighting Dooku. Could Dark siders be in teh zone?

some other ones could be not thinking clearly or hot headed. overconfident of powers, mindless rage. (these aren't for teh zone feelings.. just normal other ones)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.