Full Power Tyrant Vs Yuga Khan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Classic NES
Here we go.

vlaaad12345
Which version of yuga khan are using?full power yuga khan who can cut everyone off from the source including people who have ridiculous powers(highfather lightray ect)with 2 words and a hand wave?cause hes going to win.

Classic NES
^

Let's use that version.

vlaaad12345
Even when as his absolute weakest yuga khan easily penetrated a barrier that can hold off a daxamite when it was already broken and instantly absorbed an entire planets energies...tyrant is going to have his work cut out for him.

KuRuPT Thanosi
FP Tyrant wins. Let me ask you this why was Yuga Khan that poweful in that story? If he's not normally that powerful why was he that powerful in that arc?

psycho gundam
what's the consensus on galactus vs yuga khan? cause (FP) tyrant is not that much than galactus is, after all he was made to be his "son".

Classic NES
Galactus> Yuga

FP Tyrant is weaker than big G, but it's hard to say by how much because Galactus Jobs so hard. I say at full power Tyrant is comparable to a celestial in terms status IMO.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
FP Tyrant wins. Let me ask you this why was Yuga Khan that poweful in that story? If he's not normally that powerful why was he that powerful in that arc?
That was his normal strength...he was weakened so he absorbed planets to help himself back to full power,and tyrant is not=a celestial in anything,him being galactus equal is also questionable since galactus power varies so much.

Enyalus
I'd like to see more feats from both. IMO, they're both overrated.

But Tyrant probably takes it.

Classic NES
Tyrant is overrated and so is Yuga I agree.

Harbinger
Yuga

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Enyalus
I'd like to see more feats from both. IMO, they're both overrated.

But Tyrant probably takes it.

QFT. People place Tyrant too high based on 1 showing.

Classic NES
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33

Against a jobber no less.

quanchi112
Tyrant wrekcs him.

Red Hulk
Originally posted by Classic NES
but it's hard to say by how much because Galactus Jobs so hard. No he doesn't...

Classic NES
Originally posted by Red Hulk
No he doesn't...

Yeah, he does. . .recently he's been better, though.

Red Hulk
Yeah, he does. . .recently he's been better, though. I've read pretty much every appearance of Galactus... even when he's weakened he couldn't be classified as a jobber...

But I'd like you to point out to me some appearances where he jobs... and it should be in mass quantity since he jobs so much.

Bada's Palin
Yeah, he does. . .recently he's been better, though.

If he's weakened then he's not jobbing.

It's logical that you would lose when you're on your deathbed. It's not jobbing, it's just how it is.

Classic NES
I've read pretty much every appearance of Galactus...

What does that prove?

confused

Originally posted by Bada's Palin
If he's weakened then he's not jobbing.

It's logical that you would lose when you're on your deathbed. It's not jobbing, it's just how it is.

Of course, but if he's always shown to be hungry than they are just providing reasons so he can lose. His hunger in essense is being used as a plot device to write him down, that counts as jobbing.

Red Hulk
What does that prove?

confused

Of course, but if he's always shown to be hungry than they are just providing reasons so he can lose. That I haven't seen him job when reading the same comics you have/haven't.

Show me him 'jobbing' when he's weakened.
Here, I'll help you say some feats off the top of my head; you'll add onto them since he jobs so much:

He got taken down by some heroes (Thor, Doctor Strange, FF, Avengers).
He got cheapshot Godblasted by Thor after he beat Ego, and Ego saved Thor.
He got beaten by Alpha Flight/Avengers when he was hungry, and in a dimension where his powers didn't work properly.

Classic NES
That I haven't seen him job when reading the same comics you have/haven't.

Show me him 'jobbing' when he's weakened.

I said he jobs in general, I wasn't reffering to him jobbing specifically when he is weakened.

Here, I'll help you say some feats off the top of my head, you'll add onto them since he jobs so much:

He got taken down by some heroes (Thor, Doctor Strange, FF, Avengers).
He got cheapshot Godblasted by Thor after he beat Ego, and Ego saved Thor.

What does that have to do with what I said:

Of course, but if he's always shown to be hungry than they are just providing reasons so he can lose. His hunger in essense is being used as a plot device to write him down, that counts as jobbing.

Red Hulk
I said he jobs in general, I wasn't reffering to him jobbing specifically when he is weakened.

What does that have to do with what I said: Well then, prove that he jobs in general.

That if you can't prove he jobs, then what's the point in saying it?

That's not jobbing... that's being weaker...

Classic NES
Well then, prove that he jobs in general.

That if you can't prove he jobs, then what's the point in saying it?

Maxing his energies on Thanos shield

Getting smacked by the FF

Getting smacked by Avengers and Alpha Flight

Getting knocked down by a blast from Thanos

That's not jobbing... that's being weaker...

I think you need to look up the definition of Jobbing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Job_(professional_wrestling)

Red Hulk
Maxing his energies on Thanos shield

Getting smacked by the FF

Getting smacked by Avengers and Alpha Flight

Getting knocked down by a blast from Thanos

I think you need to look up the definition of Jobbing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Job_(professional_wrestling) He one-shotted Thanos... the specifics of how his powers work was poorly written. It completely goes against his entire history.

He's never been beaten straight up by the F4 to my knowledge. In fact, he usually ends up beating them, and them having to run and get a plot device to save themselves (Galactus's equipment).

His powers weren't working properly, as well as being hungry. That's only three occurrences of actual jobbing by your definition and Wiki's.
Avengers/FF/Strange
Cheapshot Godblast while fighting Ego
Alpha Flight/Avengers where his powers weren't working properly
And if memory serves me correct, that's the only times he's ever 'straight up' lost to heroes.

He's never been shown impervious to being moved. He took that blast full on without a shield and wasn't hurt, only moved/thrown.

I'm glad you gave me a link that said that the jobbing figure loses... You gave me three showings in the same post to reinforce jobbing, that contradicts this definition. lulz

Red Hulk
Although, I find it funny how we call Galactus a jobber because of circumstances, but if that's only when he jobs, then how is that relevant to Tyrant?

Classic NES
He one-shotted Thanos... the specifics of how his powers work was poorly written. It completely goes against his entire history.

That crosses over to the realm of jobbing.

He's never been beaten straight up by the F4 to my knowledge. In fact, he usually ends up beating them, and them having to run and get a plot device to save themselves (Galactus's equipment).

I didn't say they beat him , just smacked him around. That shouldn't be possible with it something writing him down.

His powers weren't working properly, as well as being hungry. That's only three occurrences of actual jobbing by your definition and Wiki's.
Avengers/FF/Strange
Cheapshot Godblast while fighting Ego
Alpha Flight/Avengers
And if memory serves me correct, that's the only times he's ever straight up lost to heroes.

He doesn't have to lose you know, because constant bad showings are jobbing feats as well.

He's never been shown impervious to being moved.

He doesn't have to, that blast should have not knocked him down based on the level of power he has. Being impervious to damage has nothing to do with it.

I'm glad you gave me a link that said that the jobbing figure loses... contradicts this definition. lulz

Your being pedantic, I used that definition as an example not a rule. Jobbing isn't only limited to loses, just bad showings in general. Also, see the red highlights, all those happen because he's written down. . .That's jobbing.

Classic NES
Although, I find it funny how we call Galactus a jobber because of circumstances, but if that's only when he jobs, then how is that relevant to Tyrant?

It's relevant to those who keep using FP Tyrant vs Galactus as a pretext to hype him up. Because if that's the case than we would have alot of characters who are the same status that people are making Galactus out to be.

Red Hulk
That crosses over to the realm of jobbing. No, it goes to pis. Plot induced stupidity.

It didn't even make sense, and no other showing that I can ever recall has had him deplete energy like that in one little palm blast, let alone a big blast.

I didn't say they beat him , just smacked him around. That shouldn't be possible with it something writing him down. All they have managed to do, was move him... not hurt him.

Or can you show me Galactus having the power of the Blob, and being unmovable on the ground?

He doesn't have to lose you know, because constant bad showings are jobbing feats as well. And if they have explanations, then they aren't relevant to the forum unless the battle is under the same circumstances.

Either way, that one was already filed under the loss column.

He doesn't have to, that blast should have not knocked him down based on the level of power he has. Being impervious to damage has nothing to do with it.
Why shouldn't it have knocked him down? Like I said, he's never been impervious to being moved in his career. Thanos surprised him with what seemed like a full power blast, he got thrown, but not hurt.
Well, if he's not hurt, then all you have is him being thrown due to a blast... I don't understand how this can do anything in a battle, and actually taking into account Thanos' power level; how it can be a low showing as well.

Your being pedantic, I used that definition as an example not a rule. Jobbing isn't only limited to loses, just bad showings in general. Also, see the red highlights, all those happen because he's written down. . .That's jobbing. You gave me a page definition that only talked about losses as counting.

Taking into account everything mentioned so far, and using your logic to explain jobbing. He only has 6 'jobbing feats' out of in excess hundreds of appearances. Should we ignore all his regular showings (hundreds) in favor of the vastly outnumbered 'jobbing' occurrences?
Because that's terrific logic as well.

It's relevant to those who keep using FP Tyrant vs Galactus as a pretext to hype him up. Because if that's the case than we would have alot of characters who are the same status that people are making Galactus out to be. But you're only using fights with circumstances to call him a jobber, and downplay Galactus's feat, and Tyrant. It is completely irrelevant to Tyrant, as non of the circumstances came into play during the battle.

What are they making him out to be exactly?

psycho gundam
meh, iirc darkseid when given the opportunity to kill a healthy galactus with his omega beams was shown to be less effective in that endeavor than norrin was.

Classic NES
No, it goes to pis. Plot induced stupidity.

It didn't even make sense, and no other showing that I can ever recall has had him deplete energy like that in one little palm blast, let alone a big blast.

PIS and jobbing aren't mutually exclusive, that's a redundant point. erm

All they have managed to do, was move him... not hurt him.Why shouldn't it have knocked him down? Like I said, he's never been impervious to being moved in his career.
Thanos surprised him with what seemed like a full power blast, he got thrown, but not hurt.
Well, if he's not hurt, then all you have is him being thrown due to a blast... I don't understand how this can do anything in a battle, and actually taking into account Thanos' power level; how it can be a low showing as well.

They knocked him down which shouldn't even be possible because he's experience things that are far more powerful than the blast. Like going in the core of a star which is a nuclear furnace and he was fine. Unless Thanos was emitting energy that was superior to that I do not see how that would matter if he was surprised. It would be like saying I could hurt superman with a bullet if I catch him off guard.

And if they have explanations. . .

Jobbing can happen with explanations it's called cleaned Jobbing. We are talking about character history, if the most powerful Character in the universe is always being smacked around by far weaker foes on a regular basis because something always comes up that's chalked up as jobbing.

You gave me a page definition that only talked about losses as counting.

I repeat that was an example not a rule.

Taking into account everything mentioned so far, and using your logic to explain jobbing. He only has 6 'jobbing feats' out of in excess hundreds of appearances. Should we ignore all his regular showings (hundreds) in favor of the vastly outnumbered 'jobbing' occurrences?
Because that's terrific logic as well.

Those are only feats so far, I can pull out more. Like him being surprised by missles.

-Smacked around by DP Tyrant
-Smacked around By rachael
-Stalemated by sentry lol

But you're only using fights with circumstances to call him a jobber , and downplay Galactus's feat, and Tyrant. It is completely irrelevant to Tyrant, as non of the circumstances came into play during the battle.

Except I wasn't talking about circumstances rather character history which is much more profound. If a character is all powerful, but always loses or gets smacked around chances are circumstances are bias.

Red Hulk
PIS and jobbing aren't mutually exclusive, that's a redundant point. erm Not with your definition... jobbing ranges anywhere from losing, to being moved.

Either way, the Thanos thing made absolutely no sense at all.

They knocked him down which shouldn't even be possible because he's experience things that are far more powerful than the blast. Like going in the core of a star which is a nuclear furnace and he was fine. Unless Thanos was emitting energy that was superior to that I do not see how that would matter if he was surprised. It would be like saying I could hurt superman with a bullet if I catch him off guard. They only managed to knock him down... seriously. And every knockdown they've caused him has been by surprise... F4 (Thanos as well, and Thing has only manged to move him three times off the top of my head; one with Galactus's own tech, one when Galactus was distracted and slingshotted into him, and another time when he lifted his foot). He's only 20 some tons after all.

Of course he was fine, just like he was fine when he was knocked down by Thanos, and the F4. In fact, he wasn't hurt in either.
And I wouldn't put it past Thanos to shoot full out blasts far more powerful than a nova.

You could if he had kryptonite poisoning, and then that would be jobbing apparently... either way, the difference between being moved, and being hurt is vast.

no expression

Jobbing can happen with explanations it's called cleaned Jobbing. We are talking about character history, if the most powerful Character in the universe is always being smacked around by far weaker foes on a regular basis because something always comes up that's chalked up as jobbing. Then it's automatically ignored on the forum because the same circumstances won't arise unless the thread dictates it.

Either way, he's not always smacked around by weaker foes, in fact, he's only been smacked around twice. Although smacked around is now heroes managing to move you, so...

I repeat that was an example not a rule. That was the full definition. Everything else is just other people inserting opinions.

If we're going to insert our own versions of it, then I'll insert mine:

Losing when you shouldn't.

And that's a definition that's actually relevant to the forum.

Those are only feats so far, I can pull out more. Like him being surprised by missles.

-Smacked around by DP Tyrant
-Smacked around By rachael
-Stalemated by sentry lol By all means, pull them out. Because it seems that any minor low feat, or not even a low feat (no matter what happens next), is him jobbing. I wonder if I can turn Hulk, and Thor into a jobber using this logic. Actually, Surfer's a jobber too, since his entire stay on Earth was apparently him depowered, and he has had low feats in that time frame. Hell, Superman could pretty much be qualified as a jobber. Hmm... this logic seems flawless.

Was this when he destroyed the human missiles, or when he destroyed the Shi'ar missiles unaffected?
Or when he got surprised that the humans attacked him, and got angry? Unaffected, unmoved, just pissed off.

Edit:
DP Tyrant? Lulz. Anyway, he only managed to reverse his tech, but otherwise, he was getting owned in the battle. As well as DP Tyrant being extremely powerful, and no where near comparable to any Earth beings. Although I find it funny how you brought up Tyrant, when before you were trying to downplay Tyrant.

Rachel? Lulz. Rachel is an abstract level being... or extremely high up there.

Sentry is only from a statement Spider-Man said... we know nothing about this, and we can safetly see from Sentry's current showings that it's a load of shit from Spidey.

Either way, I can't see how so few feats in comparison to his normal feats can override an average... but apparently it does.

Except I wasn't talking about circumstances rather character history which is much more profound. If a character is all powerful, but always loses chances are circumstances are bias. But you brought it up to try and downplay Tyrant. It is completely irrelevant to Tyrant.

Even in character history (which would only be relevant to weak Galactus if we follow this discussion), he isn't a jobber.

Classic NES
Not with your definition... jobbing ranges anywhere from losing, to being moved.

Strawman

Jobbing is consistent low showings, mack.

They only managed to knock him down... seriously. And every knockdown they've caused him has been by surprise...

F4 (Thanos as well, and Thing has only manged to move him three times off the top of my head; one with Galactus's own tech, one when Galactus was distracted and slingshotted into him, and another time when he lifted his foot). He's only 20 some tons after all.

Doesn't matter how they did it because they should not have been able too even make him stagger. The only exception is maybe with tech. Furthermore he's taken more damage without flinching, damage that is far above anything they can throw . Furthermore Galactus has cosmic awareness, how the heck does he get surprised? Bottom line is Galactus is written down for the heroes to win.

Of course he was fine, just like he was fine when he was knocked down by Thanos, and the F4. In fact, he wasn't hurt in either.
And I wouldn't put it past Thanos to shoot full out blasts far more powerful than a nova.

He was fine as he wasn't knocked down, has nothing to do with him being hurt. If he can stand without flinching in the core why can he not stand Thanos blast? If it's nova prove it.

You could if he had kryptonite poisoning, and then that would be jobbing apparently... either way, the difference between being moved, and being hurt is vast.

no expression

Red herring, Kryptonite ain't got jack to do with what I said. Are you saying that surprise can cause a being who can walk in to a star without flinching can be knocked down by attacks with far less damage?

Then it's automatically ignored on the forum because the same circumstances won't arise unless the thread dictates it.

We do not count low showings, but a character who has as much lows a Big G does not have as much credibility as a character who does not have much low showings.

Either way, he's not always smacked around by weaker foes, in fact, he's only been smacked around twice. Although smacked around is now heroes managing to move you, so...

If by move you mean while he's flat on his arse are staggering in awkward positions then okay. smile

He's been smacked by: FF on his first appearance, on Byrnes run of FF, he stalemated Sentry, was smacked by Rachael, knocked down by Thanos and maxed out on Thnaos shield, Cloned and said clone was stated to be more powerful than the original only to lose. . .More than twice.

That was the full definition. Everything else is just other people inserting opinions.

Wikipedia isn't the authority of any definition nor was it intended to be by myself. It's not really a credible source which is why I used it as an example.

If we're going to insert our own versions of it, then I'll insert mine:

Losing when you shouldn't.

And that's a definition that's actually relevant to the forum.

Character history ain't relevant in this forum? Because if several reputable writers are writing Galactus down is that not gonna effect how marvel presents him?

Then the Wikipedia definition disagrees with you because it states

By all means, pull them out. Because it seems that any minor low feat, or not even a low feat (no matter what happens next), is him jobbing. I wonder if I can turn Hulk, and Thor into a jobber using this logic.

Sure if Hulk constantly loses to army ants considering that's what the people who Galactus get's smacked around by should be to him.

Actually, Surfer's a jobber too, since his entire stay on Earth was apparently him depowered, and he has had low feats in that time frame.

Agree'd. smile

Hell, Superman could pretty much be qualified as a jobber. Hmm... this logic seems flawless.

Supes is the most inconsistent character in comics.

Classic NES
No, when he had to use a train to attack them and was surprised by missles despite having cosmic awareness.

That's expected erm

Again, that's expected.

In his depowered state he shouldn't be able to do jack to big G.

Phoenix is an abstract but the Rachael Pheonix version is not on par with Big G.

Whether it happens or not isn't my point, it's the fact that they have to write stuff into the canon that defaces the character. It happens consistently which is why he is a jobber.

I'm talking about his fights, though. Not his feats in general because that's where we mostly gauge jobbing. So far I've named over six instances, that's alot.

I didn't downplay him, I think him busting galaxies with big G is impressive. But, of we are gonna say he's tough because h makes Big G struggle than the same should apply to everyone who has done so.

He is a jobber based on chracter history.

Silent Guardian
Yuga owns no way he loses.

Red Hulk
Strawman

Jobbing is consistent low showings, mack.
Well then, that rules out Galactus as being a jobber, as he doesn't have consistent low showings, he's got showings where he's been moved apparently... and three where he's been beaten by lesser heroes.

Doesn't matter how they did it because they should not have been able too even make him stagger. The only exception is maybe with tech. Furthermore he's taken more damage without flinching, damage that is far above anything they can throw . Furthermore Galactus has cosmic awareness, how the heck does he get surprised? Bottom line is Galactus is written down for the heroes to win. Says what? Besides, one was with Galactus's own tech, and the other was lifting up a 20 ton being when you're a 100 or so tonner (not counting when the Avengers/FF/Strange fought him). It wasn't staggering.

Because he's not paying attention, and thus doesn't care.

He was normal powered when he entered the star, and he was being moved when he was on the ground, and when he wasn't ready. He was flying when he entered the star. As well as a star not being so impressive... Surfer flies through stars, Drax has been flown through stars (and has ripped out the core of a small sun), Thor has been in the core of the sun, Surfer has been hit by a Nova, Superman has been hit by a nova... etc.

He's weakened, not written down. And the heroes don't win... and that's the problem.

He was fine as he wasn't knocked down, has nothing to do with him being hurt. If he can stand without flinching in the core why can he not stand Thanos blast? If it's nova prove it.
You can't win a fight by knocking someone down... you can win a fight by hurting someone though. Which is why knocking anyone down means almost nothing at all.

The fact that Thanos can cause Surfer the most pain he's ever felt as a spirit, when Surfer has taken a nova in his first appearance is enough in itself. He was able to take out Thor with eyeblasts, when Thor has walked, talked, and fought in the sun.

Red herring, Kryptonite ain't got jack to do with what I said. Are you saying that surprise can cause a being who can walk in to a star without flinching can be knocked down by attacks with far less damage? Kryptonite would be Superman's weakness. Which is about as relevant as bringing up Galactus being weakened.

Apparently it can, as blasts work differently in comics. And the star wasn't throwing Galactus's own tech at him, and trying to lift him.

We do not count low showings, but a character who has as much lows a Big G does not have as much credibility as a character who does not have much low showings. He doesn't have that many low showings though, and we don't count pis on the forum (which would be every time he's weakened).

If by move you mean while he's flat on his arse are staggering in awkward positions then okay. smile

He's been smacked by: FF on his first appearance, on Byrnes run of FF, he stalemated Sentry, was smacked by Rachael, knocked down by Thanos and maxed out on Thnaos shield, Cloned and said clone was stated to be more powerful than the original only to lose. . .More than twice. Yes. He wasn't hurt in any of them.

He's been knocked down by Thing throwing Galactus's machine at him while he was trying to arm it.

He had his foot lifted by Thing after Thing was punching him to no effect, and Galactus was trying to crush Surfer.

He stalemated Sentry according to Spider-Man, and is in no way definitive proof. It could have been a one-panel fight for all you know. And Sentry hasn't shown the power to even touch the weakest Galactus we've seen in comics.

How the hell is Rachel even being brought up? She's the f*cking Phoenix. You might as well go a step higher, and tell of how Galactus was beaten by Thanos with the IG.

He only got knocked down... again, not hurt. And maxing out of Thanos's shield made no sense at all. At least the others have explanations.

Even saying Omega was more powerful than Galactus... he was only said as such on his ship, and he had heavily slowed reactions.
As well as it only being statements.

Wikipedia isn't the authority of any definition nor was it intended to be by myself. It's not really a credible source which is why I used it as an example. You used it to rule something out that I said...

Certainly seems like you used it as the definition.

Character history ain't relevant in this forum? Because if several reputable writers are writing Galactus down is that not gonna effect how marvel presents him?

Then the Wikipedia definition disagrees with you because it states Unless it has to do with battles.
Evidently it hasn't, so what's the point there?

OK.

Anyway, can you finally answer this question:

How can one be a jobber when your good showings heavily outweigh your bad ones?

Sure if Hulk constantly loses to army ants considering that's what the people who Galactus get's smacked around by should be to him. He does though. He gets knocked around by people with human level strength when he's supposed to be the strongest character in comics.

Agree'd. smile

Supes is the most inconsistent character in comics. no expression

I see this is pointless then.

Red Hulk
No, when he had to use a train to attack them and was surprised by missles despite having cosmic awareness. He was surprised that they attacked him, not because of what they hit him with.

Ya well, he was in the middle of a monologue.

That's expected erm I brought up two missile parts.

Again, that's expected. That's the scene you brought up... no expression

In his depowered state he shouldn't be able to do jack to big G. He didn't.

He only managed to control Galactus's tech because he's a master of biotechnology.

Phoenix is an abstract but the Rachael Pheonix version is not on par with Big G. By that time, I recall Rachel having the full power of the Phoenix.
And Galactus was ready to feed when Rachel attacked him.

Whether it happens or not isn't my point, it's the fact that they have to write stuff into the canon that defaces the character. It happens consistently which is why he is a jobber. They only wrote it in because it was Sentry's first appearance, and they wanted him to look like a God. They wanted people to go 'wow'.
Which is also why they had him beat a being that was beating every hero on Earth.

I'm talking about his fights, though. Not his feats in general because that's where we mostly gauge jobbing. So far I've named over six instances, that's alot. In his fights? So, you've mentioned what? Nine 'low feats' taking into account everything?

Over 6 instances is nothing... what, how many showings do you think Galactus has, 20? He's got at least 30 fights... alone. Ignoring just random showings of power, manipulation of energy, absorption, etc.

I didn't downplay him, I think him busting galaxies with big G is impressive. But, of we are gonna say he's tough because h makes Big G struggle than the same should apply to everyone who has done so.

He is a jobber based on chracter history. But he's tough because he's made normal Galactus struggle.
Everyone else has annoyed hungry Galactus.

I got to say, you're not close there, and it's bordering on annoying. I'm almost tempted to post everything I have in my Photobucket just because of it.

Classic NES
Well then, that rules out Galactus as being a jobber, as he doesn't have consistent low showings, he's got showings where he's been moved apparently... and three where he's been beaten by lesser heroes.

Showings where he is smacked around and moved by lesser heroes many times is low showings and therefore count as jobbing.

Says what? Besides, one was with Galactus's own tech

I don't have a problem with that one like I said.

, and the other was lifting up a 20 ton being when you're a 100 or so tonner

Unless he wanted to be carried I don't see how they can lift him against his will considering the abilities he has. 20 tons, 1 tons, 5 pounds, it really doesn't matter.

(not counting when the Avengers/FF/Strange fought him). It wasn't staggering.

Still moved against his will.

Because he's not paying attention, and thus doesn't care.

Wouldn't matter if he wasn't paying attention and he obviously cared seeing he retaliated.

He was normal powered when he entered the star,and he was being moved when he was on the ground, and when he wasn't ready. He was flying when he entered the star.

So, your saying he has to brace himself or else he will be knocked by attacks with far less damage? I guess supes better not blink or a regular bullet will hurt him.

As well as a star not being so impressive... Surfer flies. . .

Stay on topic., we are talking about Galactus being knocked by hits that should not even make him blink.

He's weakened, not written down. And the heroes don't win... and that's the problem.

They shouldn't win, they shouldn't even put pressure on him or make him stagger. Weakened Big G has fought off the In betweener and had a good showing against him. The same inbetweener who is way above most of the people who have knocked Big G down.

You can't win a fight by knocking someone down...

That's nice, but we are talking about more than winning. You do not have to win to give someone a low showing.

The fact that Thanos can cause Surfer. . .

Don't care back to Galactus.

Kryptonite would be Superman's weakness. Which is about as relevant as bringing up Galactus being weakened.

Hunger shouldn't weaken Galactus as much as supes. Based on the fact that a hungry big G has fought the likes of the inbetweener and a watcher while hungry.

Apparently it can, as blasts work differently in comics. And the star wasn't throwing Galactus's own tech at him, and trying to lift him.

A star's core is equivalent to several nuclear detonations, that would do more than knock you you down. Prove a blast works differently and would be able to knock someone who can take inside a stars core without flinching.

He doesn't have that many low showings though, and we don't count pis on the forum (which would be every time he's weakened).

So, you agree that all his weakened matches are PIS? Cool than that means they are also viable to be called jobbing since you yourself said jobbing is when a character loses when he should not lose

Yes. He wasn't hurt in any of them.

He's been knocked down by Thing throwing Galactus's machine at him while he was trying to arm it.

Unless that machines weight surpasses the conditions of the core of a star than it's a low showing.

He had his foot lifted by Thing after Thing was punching him to no effect, and Galactus was trying to crush Surfer.

Yes, because there is no way he could have seen that coming despite having the power cosmic.

He stalemated Sentry according to Spider-Man, and is in no way definitive proof. It could have been a one-panel fight for all you know. And Sentry hasn't shown the power to even touch the weakest Galactus we've seen in comics.

So, that statement is like I said casting a bad light on big G. . .cool.

How the hell is Rachel even being brought up? She's the f*cking Phoenix.

The weakest one at that, we've seen some versions of phoenix struggle against heralds . So, being the Phoenix doesn't automatically mean she's high-level and lulz at making an analogy with I.G. and Rachael phoenix.

He only got knocked down... again, not

Shouldn't be possible like I said many times.

Even saying Omega was more powerful than Galactus... he was only said as such on his ship, and he had heavily slowed reactions.
As well as it only being statements.

Omega existing in the first place is silly and losing is even sillier.

You used it to rule something out that I said...

Certainly seems like you used it as the definition.

Even though I stated more than twice that it was an example? How could it possibly sem that way when I keep saying it's not The definition?

Unless it has to do with battles.
Evidently it hasn't, so what's the point there?

It is though.

Anyway, can you finally answer this question:

How can one be a jobber when your good showings heavily outweigh your bad ones?

Doesn't apply to Big G.

He does though. He gets knocked around by people with human level strength when he's supposed to be the strongest character in comics.

No, he doesn't and even if he does the gap is not comparable to Big G.

Classic NES
He was surprised that they attacked him, not because of what they hit him with.

Which is why he covers his face with his hands and other exaggerated attacks?

Ya well, he was in the middle of a monologue.

I brought up two missile parts.

That's the scene you brought up... no expression

Okay. . .I didn't say anything about who brought them up. I said that it's expected for them to have no effect, because if they did it makes no sense.

He didn't.

He only managed to control Galactus's tech because he's a master of biotechnology.

A power which comes from Big G himself, since Tyrant was created in Galactus's image.

By that time, I recall Rachel having the full power of the Phoenix.
And Galactus was ready to feed when Rachel attacked him.

Scan for the statements in red?

They only wrote it in because it was Sentry's first appearance, and they wanted him to look like a God. They wanted people to go 'wow'.
Which is also why they had him beat a being that was beating every hero on Earth.

That's what jobbers do, make heroes look good. Thanks for agreeing with me. smile

In his fights? So, you've mentioned what? Nine 'low feats' taking into account everything?

First it was six than it was nine. The point is the number keeps growing and I betcha I can find more.

Over 6 instances is nothing... what, how many showings do you think Galactus has, 20? He's got at least 30 fights... .

I betcha I can find more.

But he's tough because he's made normal Galactus struggle.
Everyone else has annoyed hungry Galactus.

Galactus is a jobber, like you said they do stuff to make a certain character look tough I.E. jobbing. smile

I got to say, you're not close there, and it's bordering on annoying. I'm almost tempted to post everything I have in my Photobucket just because of it.

Do as you will.

Stoic
I really don't think Galactus jobbed when he fought Tyrant. In his first appearance it was stated that a battle between the two of these guys rocked an entire universe, this is something that even the Inbetweener vs Galactus failed to do.

Tyrant was created to be a beast, and his powerset seemed to be a bane to energy manipulators based on his various showings. I don't think Darkseid would even be a slight challenge for a full powered Tyrant, and Yuga's power level was challenged by Darkseid therefore it seems to me like these two are on different levels, and Yuga would be overmatched.

vlaaad12345
Yuga was never challenged by darkseids power ever,a new god weaker then yuga has contained universe destroying energies,yuga khan depowered gods like that with a hand wave.

Nestical
tyrant

Xplosive
Galactus> Yuga

FP Tyrant is weaker than big G, but it's hard to say by how much because Galactus Jobs so hard. I say at full power Tyrant is comparable to a celestial in terms status IMO.

I think in the arc where he defeated FP Tyrant is one of those moments Galactus didn't job.

Originally posted by Knowsbleed33

Tyrant wasn't so much around, but when he was, he brought fear. He was defeated by Galactus, but the second time he pretty much defeated all, the UN itself was used to end Tyrant menace. So yeah, he can be placed very high on the list.

Vorpal Ruin

Oh so funny to just contradict yourself like this! Wikipedia isn't a credible source, unless you use it? wink

ultimatethor
Tyrant fTW

Stoic
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Yuga was never challenged by darkseids power ever,a new god weaker then yuga has contained universe destroying energies,yuga khan depowered gods like that with a hand wave.

Yuga Khan is a DC Comics supervillain. He first appeared in New Gods volume 2 #17 (June 1990). Khan was former patriarch of Apokolips, whose misguided attempt to unravel the unknowable mystery of the Source left him a helpless captive for countless thousands of years. Yuga Khan's wife Heggra later died by the hand of their son Darkseid, who took control of Apokolips himself. Using his planet-rending powers, Khan eventually freed himself; he then returned to Apokolips where he easily overthrew his son Darkseid from the throne - until he was reclaimed by the Source in the Promethean Galaxy.

Full powered Tyrant would easily destroy Darkseid.

Just because New Gods stop other New Gods by a wave of the hand does not meant that they are going to be doing that to beings that are not New Gods. When did Darkseid ever wave Superman down?

I saw Galactus reduce Hercules an Olympian to a pool of goo though, and Hercules is every bit as immortal as Darkseid.

KuRuPT Thanosi
FP Tyrant is just on another level power wise imo

Classic NES
Originally posted by Stoic
I really don't think Galactus jobbed when he fought Tyrant. In his first appearance it was stated that a battle between the two of these guys rocked an entire universe, this is something that even the Inbetweener vs Galactus failed to do.

I don't think so either and even if he did rocking the universe is a good showing. What I'm saying is that Galactus in general is a jobber and it's hard for me to accept that someone beating him as legitimate demonstration because he's written down so much. I personally place FP Tyrant at minimum around Sky Father level.

Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
Oh so funny to just contradict yourself like this! Wikipedia isn't a credible source, unless you use it? wink

WTF, I never claimed it was credible even when I did use it. I simply brought it up as an example. If red Hulk didn't wanna take it, I would have used something else as a source.

Originally posted by Xplosive
I think in the arc where he defeated FP Tyrant is one of those moments Galactus didn't job.

Not saying that he job, but Galactus reputation is really bad. It's really hard to take his fights as a solid measurement of strength.

vlaaad12345
Yuga Khan is a DC Comics supervillain. He first appeared in New Gods volume 2 #17 (June 1990). Khan was former patriarch of Apokolips, whose misguided attempt to unravel the unknowable mystery of the Source left him a helpless captive for countless thousands of years. Yuga Khan's wife Heggra later died by the hand of their son Darkseid, who took control of Apokolips himself. Using his planet-rending powers, Khan eventually freed himself; he then returned to Apokolips where he easily overthrew his son Darkseid from the throne - until he was reclaimed by the Source in the Promethean Galaxy.

Full powered Tyrant would easily destroy Darkseid.

Just because New Gods stop other New Gods by a wave of the hand does not meant that they are going to be doing that to beings that are not New Gods. When did Darkseid ever wave Superman down?

I saw Galactus reduce Hercules an Olympian to a pool of goo though, and Hercules is every bit as immortal as Darkseid.
Go read some comics wikipedia doesn't do any justice to what actually happened,yuga khan is the strongest new god fact,a new god has reversed universe destroying energies fact,yuga khan with a hand wave cut said new gods off from their powers with utter ease fact,fp tyrants supposed galaxy spanning battle with galactus is not going to cut it to say he wins sorry.

ultimatethor
Go read some comics wikipedia doesn't do any justice to what actually happened,yuga khan is the strongest new god fact,a new god has reversed universe destroying energies fact,yuga khan with a hand wave cut said new gods off from their powers with utter ease fact,fp tyrants supposed galaxy spanning battle with galactus is not going to cut it to say he wins sorry.

Could u please provide context to the whole "reversed" universe destroying energy thing. What actually happened in that instance. Also Yuga depowering all the new gods is nice and all but dont all the new gods get there power from the same source namely THE SOURCE? Further he wont be depowering tyrant in this battle so how is it of any relevance?

vlaaad12345
Because they all have giant amount of power?all the mother boxes stopped working as well you know the things that reverse planet destroying energies with ease and shit and theres several hundred thousand of those around.

Stoic

Yuga Kahn is a New God, and it goes to show that he has control over other New Gods, but has he ever used his hand wave on anyone outside of the New Gods, and took away their powers?

Galactus can reduce immortals to slime with his eybeams, and Tyrant was easily hanging in there with him.

Tyrants powerset allows him to feed on the life energies of high comics, Yuga Kahns may make him stronger if they fought, this happened on panel while Tyrant fought Galactus after all. The Source wall that if I am no mistaken does not exist anymore trapped Yuga, which has nothing to do with Tyrant in the least.

Big deal if Yuga can tap into the Source, I mean wasn't it the Source that gave the New Gods their power? What does that have to do with Tyrant, and how would that help him against the mugging that he'd get from Tyrant?

Stoic
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Could u please provide context to the whole "reversed" universe destroying energy thing. What actually happened in that instance. Also Yuga depowering all the new gods is nice and all but dont all the new gods get there power from the same source namely THE SOURCE? Further he wont be depowering tyrant in this battle so how is it of any relevance?

ding ding ding!

ultimatethor
Because they all have giant amount of power?all the mother boxes stopped working as well you know the things that reverse planet destroying energies with ease and shit and theres several hundred thousand of those around.

Sigh. Cud u please clarify what in the world u mean by reverse? do u mean Drain?absorb? Redirect? Channel? withstand? i mean gimme something ( preferably a scan )

Also we know Yuga is the head New God we know that he is able to remove the power of other new gods but how exactly is depowering new gods relevant to Tyrant?

vlaaad12345
Yuga Kahn is a New God, and it goes to show that he has control over other New Gods, but has he ever used his hand wave on anyone outside of the New Gods, and took away their powers?

Galactus can reduce immortals to slime with his eybeams, and Tyrant was easily hanging in there with him.

Tyrants powerset allows him to feed on the life energies of high comics, Yuga Kahns may make him stronger if they fought, this happened on panel while Tyrant fought Galactus after all. The Source wall that if I am no mistaken does not exist anymore trapped Yuga, which has nothing to do with Tyrant in the least.

Big deal if Yuga can tap into the Source, I mean wasn't it the Source that gave the New Gods their power? What does that have to do with Tyrant, and how would that help him against the mugging that he'd get from Tyrant?
He never fought anyone outside of the new gods since he never wanted universal domination or anything all he wanted was to learn the secrets of the source,he pwned the new gods and their armies with utter ease and was unstoppable hell was warping reality on apokolips,yuga khan absorbs energy as well and he is powered by something far beyond tyrants,yuga khan at his weakest instantly absorbed every single bit of life energy of a planet after effortlessly breaking through a shield that holds daxamites back with ease he didn't need tech or any crap he just did it,and he wasn't stopped by the wall he entered the source and was cast back to his prison after wards,yuga khan has much more going for him to say he absorbs tyrants energy then the other way around.

Stoic
Honestly Yuga Khan sounds like he would be more of a match for depowered Tyrant, because Tyrant at his strongest showing would devour him, and the power he assaulted Tyrant with would serve to make him stronger.

vlaaad12345
What the bomb doeshttp://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jkfw0505ts2.jpg
and orion stoped it
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/7405/jkfw0512bg6.jpg,yuga khan cut everyone off from the source and the thousands of mother boxes which are basically top tier/herald powers is a box with one hand wave,mon-el who has faced plenty of cosmic powers in his day claims that yuga khan is the most powerful of all,people really need to stop underestimating him,and no dp tyrant wouldn't do anything to yuga khan your so delusional,fp tyrant has no feats except a supposedly galaxy spanning battle which won't be enough to defeat yuga and dp tyrant won't be doing anything but getting himself drained of his life.

Stoic
Created In his masters image, Tyrant has the same powers and abilities as Galactus and to virtually the same extent and power.

Tyrant possessed enormous cosmic power. He could absorb and channel a tremendous amount of cosmic energy for destructive purposes. He possessed vast indeterminable levels of superhuman strength, and was incredibly resistant to physical injuries. Being of bio-mechanical properties, Tyrant was effectively immortal. Tyrant also had the ability to psionically control any technology that he came into contact with at will. Tyrant proved capable of turning even the world ship of Galactus against it's master.

In his original form, Tyrant was as large as Galactus and nearly as powerful. After Tyrant's eventual defeat and depowerement at the hands of Galactus eons ago he was reduced to his lesser modern state. When Tyrant was last seen he drew on the energy of planetary biospheres and proved capable of feeding on the energy blasts of a starved Galactus.

In his diminished form Tyrant's power was initially portrayed as dependent on feeding from containers of superhuman energy, and directly proportional to the amount he had available. When he wasn't at full power, he proved capable of defeating an alliance of super-powered beings which included Silver Surfer, Morg, Terrax, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Ganymede, and Jack of Hearts.

When temporarily denied access to his containers, Terrax, Ganymede, and Jack of Hearts alone managed to keep Tyrant busy for a period of time, and Thanos managed to barely fight him to a standstill through empowering himself by using one of them.

In addition, Tyrant commanded a number of robots who proved powerful enough to incapacitate the likes of Gladiator and Morg. His Fortress had equipment capable of draining and storing the life forces of living beings to power his robots and Fortress.

vlaaad12345
Reading me a bunch of crap I already know and that you probably took from wikipedia isn't going to help you,orion reversing the effect that was collapsing the entire universe into a giant black hole,yuga khan is THE STRONGEST new god and guess who is a new god?thats right orion,yuga khan in a weakened state has no problem breaking through barriers that hold herald level people back and instantly absorbing an entire planet with no aid from tech or anything,tyrant loses suck it up.

Stoic
You're probably the only person that believes that Tyrant loses here, what's even funnier is that your ignorance probably made you refuse to read my last posting, which states that Tyrant is just a little less powerful than Galactus, and Galactus would whoop on Yuga who is only an high end Sky Father, Tyrant and Galactus are above this... what did bringing up Orion prove? Tyrant would whoop his ass faster than he put down the Silver Surfer, and that was fast.

vlaaad12345
Your wikipedia entries don't mean anything he never showed himself as a ''little less'' he showed himself as a lot less,galactus also varies in power,but please continue to ignore yuga khan being above a guy with enough power to reverse a universe wide black hole and claim hes only skyfather wouldn't want you to use your brain or anything,and anyone with half a brain can see why orion was brought up,orion reverses universal collapsing energies,yuga khan is stronger then every new god orion is a new god...jesus its like a brick wall with you,also argumentum ad populum isn't going to help you here.

ultimatethor
What the bomb doeshttp://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jkfw0505ts2.jpg
and orion stoped it
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/7405/jkfw0512bg6.jpg,yuga khan cut everyone off from the source and the thousands of mother boxes which are basically top tier/herald powers is a box with one hand wave,mon-el who has faced plenty of cosmic powers in his day claims that yuga khan is the most powerful of all,people really need to stop underestimating him,and no dp tyrant wouldn't do anything to yuga khan your so delusional,fp tyrant has no feats except a supposedly galaxy spanning battle which won't be enough to defeat yuga and dp tyrant won't be doing anything but getting himself drained of his life.

where is the part that orion absorbs/contains/drains universal level energies? It certainly wasnt in those scans. Also the way the device destroyed the universe was by tapping into its fabric at quantum level thereby causing its atoms to collapse. It was not by the sheer force or destructive power of the energy itself. From the scan u showed of orion, he looked like he was about to mess with the internal energy of the device or something ( though im not sure cuz it doesnt show what actually happens). There is a huge difference between the energy of that device and actual universal level energies or energy that encompasses an entire universe.

vlaaad12345
It already begun turning the entire universe into energy that was going to collapse into a massive blackhole hence the ''already every atom in the universe is reacting to the imlosion field''and the area around orion being pure energy hence it already began hence he stopped it from collapsing the universe, next time we see orion is here and guess what?the universe is still there and he has a little fun with the aliens shipshttp://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5421/jkfw0516gx5.jpg ,so again what is tyrant going to do to the guy who is outright confirmed to be stronger then any new god?skyfather level my ass.

ultimatethor
Reading me a bunch of crap I already know and that you probably took from wikipedia isn't going to help you,orion reversing the effect that was collapsing the entire universe into a giant black hole,yuga khan is THE STRONGEST new god and guess who is a new god?thats right orion,yuga khan in a weakened state has no problem breaking through barriers that hold herald level people back and instantly absorbing an entire planet with no aid from tech or anything,tyrant loses suck it up.

Honestly absorbing the energy of a planet is not even a skyfather level feat let alone above that. Not when herlad level energy absorbers have been able to absorb entire stars. Break down barriers that hold herald level people is also not terribly impressive either. Once again its not even a skyfather level feat.

vlaaad12345
Once again yuga was at his absolute weakest he had been chained and imprisoned for millions of years,I know reading is hard but keep up.

KuRuPT Thanosi
vlaad did you say Tyrant isn't powered by a powerful never ending source of energy like Yuga? What exactly do you call the power cosmic? It runs out now does it?

Stoic
Your wikipedia entries don't mean anything he never showed himself as a ''little less'' he showed himself as a lot less,galactus also varies in power,but please continue to ignore yuga khan being above a guy with enough power to reverse a universe wide black hole and claim hes only skyfather wouldn't want you to use your brain or anything,and anyone with half a brain can see why orion was brought up,orion reverses universal collapsing energies,yuga khan is stronger then every new god orion is a new god...jesus its like a brick wall with you,also argumentum ad populum isn't going to help you here.

big grin

Tyrant and Galactus have the same powers, Tyrant was made in Galactus' image. Tyrants power level is a little less than Galactus' but he makes up for his slight lack with his technopathy powers. Hey knowledge is out there and it's free all you have to do is use it.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You could call him less...but even a DP Tyrant would've beaten Galactus if it wasn't for outside help. It's cause he's that smart that he outprepped his daddy.

Juntai
stuntin like his daddy?

It doesn't seem hard to out-prep Galactus, since he overlooks everything as if they are ants to him.

ultimatethor
It already begun turning the entire universe into energy that was going to collapse into a massive blackhole hence the ''already every atom in the universe is reacting to the imlosion field''and the area around orion being pure energy hence it already began hence he stopped it from collapsing the universe, next time we see orion is here and guess what?the universe is still there and he has a little fun with the aliens shipshttp://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5421/jkfw0516gx5.jpg ,so again what is tyrant going to do to the guy who is outright confirmed to be stronger then any new god?skyfather level my ass.

basically Orion talks about a sphere effect beginning to radiate from the oblivion bomb and then does something to that radiation off panel which stops the device from collapsing the universe. There is no absorbing/containing/draining/channeling of ANY UNIVERSAL LEVEL ENERGIES in that scan at all. Not even close. The device was not destroying the universe by the sheer destructive force or amount of its energy. There is a HUGE difference between what orion did (whatever that was) and containing/absorbing/draining/channeling universal level energy. HUGE. Orions feat while nice is not at all a universal level feat(or even remotely close) so forget that idea.

As for Yuga, are u going to actually provide a feat that he has done that backs up ur description of him as a far above skyfather. Cuz save descriptions of him as the most powerful new god u havent provided jack.

ultimatethor
Once again yuga was at his absolute weakest he had been chained and imprisoned for millions of years,I know reading is hard but keep up.

Yeah I know he was at his weakest. But performing herald level feats even while very weak does not put u far above skyfather.

Juntai
Honestly absorbing the energy of a planet is not even a skyfather level feat let alone above that. Not when herlad level energy absorbers have been able to absorb entire stars. Who did this? Because Surfer couldn't, and nearly went mad trying. And he's revered as one of the best.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by Juntai
Who did this? Because Surfer couldn't, and nearly went mad trying. And he's revered as one of the best.

Quasar handled one with relative ease.

Juntai
Quasar handled one with relative ease. Once again, if Surfer can't do it, it's not an easy feat for herald levelers, since he's regarded in the few at the top of the food chain in that category.

Got scans for the Quasar incident?
Not that I doubt the truth in it altogether, I just want to see it.

Stoic
Who did this? Because Surfer couldn't, and nearly went mad trying. And he's revered as one of the best.

Surfer and Orion are nearly on the same level, so close in fact that not too many can see either taking a clear majority in all scenarios combined.

Now Yuga Kahn is above both of these guys, probably as much as Odin is, but when it comes to Tyrant... well when he fought Galactus he wasn't even at full power he was just warming up, in fact the both of them were far weaker than they could have been and Tyrant wasn't even a shadow of what he was before Galactus depowered him eons ago.

Yuga Kahn, Odin, Seth, Zeus, Pluto or any other Sky Father are below these guys.

Vorpal Ruin
WTF, I never claimed it was credible even when I did use it. I simply brought it up as an example. If red Hulk didn't wanna take it, I would have used something else as a source.

I just seems that it would be smarter to provide proof via a credible source instead of providing an 'example' using the same source that you have just discredited. Nothing against you, it just doesn't make sense.

ultimatethor
Once again, if Surfer can't do it, it's not an easy feat for herald levelers, since he's regarded in the few at the top of the food chain in that category.

Got scans for the Quasar incident?
Not that I doubt the truth in it altogether, I just want to see it.

Well yeah its not an easy feat for herlad levelers but its still not a skyfather level feat

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Quasarabsorbsstar.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Quasarabsorbsstarjpg2.jpg

Badabing
Closed at the thread starter's request.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.