God I'm sooooo sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hayden's minx
It's beyond obsessive now i went into a shop and bought a lightsaber for ages 4+ I didn't half get some funny looks and george Lucas still hasn't replyed to my letter i sent him 2 years ago. Oh well I'm just very, very sad. sad

Ushgarak
Trust me- if you think you are sad you are in good company to find people around here that are a WHOLE lot more obsessive than you! And you are amongst friends!

BackFire349
buying a lightsaber isnt obsessed at all. hell i almost bought one of those lightsabers. as for the lucas thing, he's a busy man, he probably gets like 40000000000000 letters an hour, and i heard it takes some of those famous people like up to 20 years sometimes to reply to a letter. so one day when you're old and married it might just make your day.

Bad Boy
I'm not obsessive... do I belong here? Do I belong anywhere???

sad

Dexx
hmm..now why would i write lucas? and especially..why would i expect an answer?...

Bad Boy
Dear Mr Lucas....... I love your big sexy beard, please send me some of your pubic hairs.... Luv Dexx!

Happy Dance

Dexx
well...handling it with special enviro suits i bet i could get real money on one of those laughing out loud

Fitch
imagine how much money I'll get it u have some ass hairs......laughing out loud

Dexx
i thought the ewok suits are made of his ass hair....nevermind

Dim
Y'all quit being gross...ick.

Ushgarak
Ok, no more hair talk please!

zimbo
And if you want to be among friends you better hate xXx or finti will make your life even more sad! Believe me I now !

steve-o
Yer not obsessive. Yer just a geek. It happens.

Some of you people have some serious issues.

Hayden'sgurl
I LOVE HAYDENI LOVE HAYDEN I LOVE HAYDEN I LOVE HAYDEN I LOVE HAYDEN I LOVE HAYDEN I LOVE HAYDEN I LOVE HAYDEN And Star Wars, don't worry! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Ushgarak
Told you...

Hayden'sgurl
sad sad sad sad confused confused hey!! that's not very nice! I LOVE HAYDEN I LOVE HAYDEN I LOVE HAYDEN I LOVE HAYDEN I LOVE HAYDEN I LOVE HAYDEN Happy Dance Happy Dance

Ushgarak
What was not nice about it?

Hayden'sgurl
="( hey! sad

Ushgarak
What???

keokiswahine
I think we have two lightsabres at the moment. still looking for yoda's lightsabre.

Danothan
Not a big fan of Hayden.
Not a big fan of Lucas.
Not a big fan of Star Wars.

Thank you for your time smile

finti
weird that you choose a Star Wars board then

Dim
Maybe he doesn't know what we *really* are..

finti
guess so

BackFire349
yeah, i didnt know this was a star wars board when i first signed up.

finti
So the senate picture with episode II text didnt give you all a clue

queeq
laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Errr, no, because he would be looking at it with the KMC format which has a KMC logo there instead.

finti
still is in this forum when you enter here

queeq
IS it? In the blue thing it isn't I think.

Ushgarak
No, Finti, it isn't, as I just said.

queeq
And Ush is always right.

Danothan
I didn't realise it was a Star Wars forum. Lookin up at the forums logo I see it says "your movie community" not "your Star Wars movie community", so I'd assumed it was just a movie forum in general.

Dim
We started as a Star Wars board..

queeq
There IS only one movie, Danothan. big grin

mah
well it clearly isnt a SW-only board when it belongs to killermovies.com - your movie community, even though it HAS been

finti
still we have several SW forums you can click in on.If I came in here and saw Welcome thread, movies and then a majority of SW threads I would recon this is a SW thingie

Dim
It doesn't matter..it is what it is.

finti
a SW boardbig grin

Bad Boy
I never go on the SW boards, I just come to talk to you wonderful people!

Thomas H
neither do I

Fitch
that goes for me too

Corran
freaks! How can you not be a SW fan?

finti
morons

Fitch
I didn't say I ain't.But I'm not so well prepared to discuss with ya'll who know SW so good.I am doing researching for now......smile

finti
ahh good boy a SW student, we only discuss the SW under the different SW threads so...........

Fitch
well.....I'll do my best to integrate in the SW area

finti
that will do

zimbo
I don't, I just like SW.
(But not old one).

Nothing personal finti!

Fitch
u are a special effects fan,aren't you ?
oldies are goodies smile

finti
and they had actors too then, not like that Vin Diesel crap that have to be thought how to speak words with two syllables

Fitch
laughing

Dexx
dunno....harisson ford (or however you spell it)...sux?

queeq
He's learning fast, this guy!

Fitch
why thx queeq....I have good teachers smile

mah
no

queeq
Indeed.

And thank you, Fitch. Sucking up to us always works.... for a while.... until you get on our nerves. evil face

finti
Han Solo and Indy rules

queeq
Yayyyy!

finti
yes

queeq
And let one dare say otherwise.

Fitch
you wish...... roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
hmm starting to get on my nerves allready, time for sharpening the axe again

Fitch
my sword it's ok......u can try it if u want

finti
axe rules the weapons

Corran
I thought the Death Star was a pretty good weapon, well until a Farm boy from Tattooine destroyed it with one shot. But then the second Death Star was pretty good, well at least until that was destroyed by an ex-smuggler.

It would appear that the axe does rule the weapons then.

finti
it does

Fitch
only tose two sided......

finti
it is like that, well kind off

finti
http://www.medieval-weaponry.com/media/viking-axes.jpg

Fitch
you meant

finti
that is not an actual Viking axe only fiction, it is however from the Minoan culutre on the island of Crete

Corran
Looks quite cumbersome to use in battle too, surely a smaller, lighter Axe would be better.

Fitch
well.....I think vikings used this kind of battle axes....dunno for sure.I'll search for data.

Dexx
he probably knows exactly

Fitch
probably.....

finti
they didnt, the two examples I have there is Viking axes another example

finti
and another one

finti
and more

Ushgarak
Yes, you don;t want to get stuck in myths about double-sided axes. They make the weighting of such a weapon a nightmare.

Fitch
well when I searched that double sided axe,the keyword was 'viking axe'.And there were pics only with one sided axes(like in u're pics).I guess u u're right....

finti
off course I am right roll eyes (sarcastic) :d: The double bladed axe is something they found in the Minoean cult on Crete. There there is a hugs stone sculpture of that axe.
Any one read the myth of Theuseus who killed the Minotaur (man with bulls head) in the maze using a thread so he could find his way back.
Well at this alleged maze stands this stone sculpture of the double bladed axe and it is pretty large too

Fitch
I think I read it...I read a lot of mythology,but I must admit I don't know much about Nordic culture(althought it's my favorit).

finti
Norse mythology

Further about Norse myth

And just to settle certain things
considering the fact that Vikings typically wore little or no actual armor into battle, with the exception of helmets. These helmets DID NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, HAVE WINGS OR HORNS ON THEM. By a dude with a doctorate degree in Norse culture

queeq
The double bladed axe of Minoan Crete may have had a ritual purpose BTW, since it's symbol was on the frescoes of the palace at Knossos, where also the ritual bull fights (with lepaers) were held. It's not clear, as far as I know, that it was used as an actual weapon of war.

Fitch
I'll read it.thx for the link

finti
no problem Fitch.

Ushgarak
They have been turning up a lot of Viking swords around Jorvik (York) lately. They made relatively good swords considering that Europe as a whole made crap swords in that period.

There is a very good documentary series on British TV right now setting out to show that the Vikings were more than just mad warriors, but were people with a sophisticated culture (old news to you, Finti, I am sure, but you know what common perception is like). It's good, if a little given to hyperbole.

finti
Is that the BBC series with the search of the Viking genetics/DNA around the British Isles.

queeq
It includes it yes. And it is very good indeed. *Jim carrey voice* I like it a lot.

Fitch
Missed it.....

finti
Saw it this summer and yes it was rather good

Ushgarak
It does have a habit of saying silly things like "The Vikings explored an area larger than the Roman Empire, from Russia to the Americas."

What sort of dumb comment is that? For a start, it was many centuries LATER than the Romans, you would expect a comment about that to be talking about something pre-empting something. I mean, if I say "The Romans had a larger Empire than the Greeks," or thr Greeks bigger than the Babylonians, it wouldn't have the same impact as, say, saying the Romans had an Empire the likes fo which were not seen for another thousand years or more.

Secondly, explored, yeah, but it was hardly an empire of their own, was it? The Vikings never conquered the known world or anything! Which is not to put them down but the comparison was facile.

finti
Well combined the Vikings ruled large part of Northern Europe. Beisde their exploration to the west, the east and visits to Africa and middle east

Ushgarak
Again, not putting down the Vikings, but compating exploration and empire is bad language.

finti
Never an empire no, compating or competing exploration?
Well they explored because they felt like it, they were outlaws and had to find new places if they wanted to survive. They were masters of the seas so they tries to see where it could bring them.
But yes I remeber the series and the narrator used very "educated" language which made it a bit stiff and pompous.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.