Finished watching the Chapter Black Saga...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bat Dude
...and I have to say I'm a little disappointed...

*WARNING* SPOILER ALERT! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

While Togashi did a good job of tying it all together at the end with Sensui's reasons for his actions, I feel that the story became all about Yusuke being a demon at the end, instead of the story laid out through the beginning and middle parts of the saga...

IMO, from the time Team Urameshi returned from the Dark Tournament to the scene with Elder Toguro and the Sinning Tree, the saga was amazing... The best so far, imo... But once Yusuke and Sensui started fighting, it slowly dissolved into a chaotic DBZ-style fight, and eventually abandoned the superior story of the world's shades of gray and Sensui descending into madness for "OMGZ YUZUKE'Z A DEMON!!!" Even the Chapter Black tape (which the saga was named after) was given the boot after a few mentions...

Just wondering if I'm the only one who feels this way...

Ridley_Prime
Wow. Didn't think of it that way before.
Although I never liked how Sensui got killed off at the end, I was initially satisfied with the saga overall, but now that ya mention it, many things I liked about the saga were kinda just randomly dismissed after Yusuke and Sensui began their final battle (or at least, IMO, after Yusuke died). Not to mention, Sensui's developed hatred for humans just kinda seemed to.. fade away after he began to lose the fight. no expression
I like how Togashi kept him from being sent to Spirit World though, but other than that, the ending was just.. meh. Was also disappointed with Sensui's whole "Sacred Energy" thing too, in a way. I thought there would be more to it than him just getting some new suit of armor or two.

Quincy
The chapter black saga is wicked badass.

Although, I think all of it is awesome, even the fight at the end. I mean, Yusuke dying, and everyone getting super pissed - that was pretty badass. I love that saga, and I am so excited that you posted a thread about it.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Quincy
Although, I think all of it is awesome, even the fight at the end. I mean, Yusuke dying, and everyone getting super pissed - that was pretty badass.
Yeah. Even Hiei, which I found surprising at first..

Quincy
I really dig that part when they all realize that Yusuke is going to die and are pleading to be freed.

Hiei is badass when he fires his dragon at sensui and is all "YOU BASTARRRD!!!!!!!!!"

Kero_Co
Well, IDK, can you really blame the Chapter Black Saga for bleeding into the final arc?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.