Summers/Grey Children

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

celestialbodies
Okay I know this question has been asked alot of times, but why are their children So D@Mn powerful. I mean I really probably wouldn't have a problem with it if they all didn't have the SAME abilities as jean(Telepathy, Telekinesis) and seeing as nowadays what you can do with those abilities( just about anything). All I'm saying is it seems to me like they should just be called Grey kids because their powers are the same as jean's, the wirters who came up with rachel and nate should have probably used scott's powers but in a much cooler way some kind of variation of it. I mean both kids are Omega level mutants right it just their powers are too strong and similar.

peejayd
* you should see Ruby Summers, a perfect combination of Scott and Emma. i just hope she is in the mainstream universe. smile

Ordained
i like her, too and haven't even seen her in action yet. i recently just heard of her.

magnuslives
Originally posted by celestialbodies
Okay I know this question has been asked alot of times, but why are their children So D@Mn powerful. I mean I really probably wouldn't have a problem with it if they all didn't have the SAME abilities as jean(Telepathy, Telekinesis) and seeing as nowadays what you can do with those abilities( just about anything). All I'm saying is it seems to me like they should just be called Grey kids because their powers are the same as jean's, the wirters who came up with rachel and nate should have probably used scott's powers but in a much cooler way some kind of variation of it. I mean both kids are Omega level mutants right it just their powers are too strong and similar.

dude...... i think you might have some jean grey issues....... shifty

celestialbodies
Originally posted by magnuslives
dude...... i think you might have some jean grey issues....... shifty

Well if I have Jean Grey issues just because I think that her children should have had some kind of variation to their powers something perhaps similar to Ruby summers sue me. But it would have gave more definition to both characters if their power set wasn't the exact same as their mother's. All I was basically saying was whats all the fuss about grey/summers kids when their powers are alway the same. stick out tongue

wannabe
Originally posted by celestialbodies
Well if I have Jean Grey issues just because I think that her children should have had some kind of variation to their powers something perhaps similar to Ruby summers sue me. But it would have gave more definition to both characters if their power set wasn't the exact same as their mother's. All I was basically saying was whats all the fuss about grey/summers kids when their powers are alway the same. stick out tongue
Well generally people are making fuss about a chomic character more because of their general might then because of their powerset itself. And when it comes to personality and character, Nathan and Rachel are as unique and defined as it gets for comic characters, regardless of their identical powers.

Though i'm not bothered at all about Nate and Rachel having the same powers like their mother, i agree with you, that the authors could add a little more diversity in the future, like they did with Ruby Summers.

nikbackm
In the future?!

Do you expect we'll be subjected to even more alternate Summers/Grey offspring? no

wannabe
no hopefully not - enough is enough!
But i do hope that the future offspring of any mutant couple will have recognizable yet mixed up powers.

peejayd
* well, Franklin Richards for one doesn't have the powers of his parents...

* and i think the Summers-Grey bloodline is really powerful to make Mr. Sinister interested to it...

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by peejayd

* and i think the Summers-Grey bloodline is really powerful to make Mr. Sinister interested to it...

You can taste the potency in Scott's product.

jalek moye
Originally posted by peejayd

yea i never got that. i understand that hes a mutant but he still would naturally develop at least one of their powers shouldn't he

peejayd
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
You can taste the potency in Scott's product.

* yeah... and Marvel does not even care about that recently... they even made some sort of stupid "implication" that Rachel Summers is the daughter of Wolverine and Jean... eewwww! sick

Originally posted by jalek moye
yea i never got that. i understand that hes a mutant but he still would naturally develop at least one of their powers shouldn't he

*yes, never got that too... Summers-Grey bloodline is the best, not the Richards-Storm one... Franklin might have had reality-based/psionic powers from his mother though...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.