Geoff Johns wants to write DC Movies...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raoul

Ha Son

Endrict Nuul
Yeah, DC are just a bunch of douchebags in the movie business besides Batman of course.

Pr should work for DC and get the ball rolling.

roughrider
Maybe he & Mark Millar could armwrestle for the right to work on Superman. big grin

It's still no guarantee of quality. James Robinson does some great comic work, but he also wrote the movie adaptation of The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen. sick

And it's not like they needed Frank Miller or Jeph Loeb to finally get Batman right on the big screen.

Val-E-Doosh
No thanks.

kgkg
Writing movies are for "real" men, there I said it

In all seriousness he should stick to what he does best which is comics. Sure he is a greater writer but dam some of these folks want to get their hands on everything.

"Still waiting for a Flash movie -.-"

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by kgkg
Writing movies are for "real" men, there I said it

In all seriousness he should stick to what he does best which is comics. Sure he is a greater writer but dam some of these folks want to get their hands on everything.

"Still waiting for a Flash movie -.-"

They tried that and DC screen writers cant make a great Comic movie that is true to its source. The exception is Batman. Let some who has a history at writing great comics take a stab at movies.

Val-E-Doosh
The only examples we have are Superman Returns, V For Vendetta and Batman Begins/The Dark Knight. I don't count Catwoman because that was a clear money grab that had nothing to do with the comic outside of it's title.

The problem with Warner Bros isn't quality but the fact that they can't seem to get their projects off the ground.

kgkg
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
They tried that and DC screen writers cant make a great Comic movie that is true to its source. The exception is Batman. Let some who has a history at writing great comics take a stab at movies. Any comics to movie will be challenging there are many things to considered.

But money wise in general marvel/dc movies seem to bring lots of cash in the box office and some of those movies are pretty shit.

I don't know about you guys but when they make serious changes from comic to movie it's makes me mad ( mad )
like FF 2

roughrider
Roy Thomas was the definite Conan comic writer for decades. When he and fellow Conan scribe Gerry Conway got to work on the second Conan film, the result was a ludicrous mess compared to the first film.

Todd McFarlane took charge of everything in making the Spawn movie. That didn't work out too well (still waiting for that follow up film.)

Frank Miller's first opportunity to write movies were Robocop 2 & 3. sick

It's a medium with a different skill set, where not everything you put on the page will get to the big screen. I think it's valuable when the comic creators are consultants on films like Iron Man & Watchmen, but just because you are good in one medium doesn't mean you can succeed in another. There are good novelists who aren't good at screenwriting.

r0nm0n88
Originally posted by roughrider

exactly, just have him be involved in the process and make sure its true to the origin

Kazenji
Originally posted by roughrider

Frank Miller's first opportunity to write movies were Robocop 2 & 3. sick

But if you read up on them people got to those scripts from the movie studio and changed them

and Robocop 2 was a good sequal.

JakeTheBank
I think he could do a great job if the studios let him do his thing. If they tried to change his work or make it "fit" for the movies, they'd probably end up screwing it up more.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.