The Prince (SoT) vs. The Prince (PoP '08)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General Kaliero
Myths meet in this climactic battle!

The Prince from Sands of Time, against... The Prince from the new Prince of Persia.

The first part is a race through an obstacle course, lined with enough elements for both of them. Who's faster and reaches the battleground first?

For the battle itself, Sands Prince does not have the Dagger of Time, and new Prince does not have Elika; straight-up swordfight. Further, Sands Prince does not have the Dark Prince, as with no Sands around that would be suicide.

The battlefield is walled and there are various ledges, pillars, and beams.

Who wins the fight?

Gumachi
Probably would be a tie.

Nactous
SoT easy

First_Tsurugi06
'08 Prince in a curbstomp. Noticeably better agility (even without Elika; SoT Prince can't run on ceilings, among other things), and swoordsmanship that visibly defies the laws of physics moreso that SoT Prince. I really doubt that the Dark Prince would help him all that well either.

Peach
New Prince doesn't run along ceilings. He uses his gauntlet to grip the wood and flip himself across.

First_Tsurugi06
He flips across from the hanging hooks. Aside from the fact that it's practically a hop (hop, run -- po-tay-to, po-tah-to) to a quick simian-like crawl where all his limbs still touch the cieling, it's still one more thing he can do that the SoT Prince has never been shown to do as far as acrobatics are concerned.

I-Drop
No gauntlet to aid him in doing so like the current one has. I honestly don't know enough of this new Prince. Is the gameplay as good as POP:WW?

Peach
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
He flips across from the hanging hooks. Aside from the fact that it's practically a hop (hop, run -- po-tay-to, po-tah-to) to a quick simian-like crawl where all his limbs still touch the cieling, it's still one more thing he can do that the SoT Prince has never been shown to do as far as acrobatics are concerned.

The hanging hooks just let him cover more ground. Even with just the regular (small) stretches of ceiling that he Spider-mans across, he's just using the gauntlet as leverage.

Originally posted by I-Drop
No gauntlet to aid him in doing so like the current one has. I honestly don't know enough of this new Prince. Is the gameplay as good as POP:WW?

WW? You mean the worst of the PoP games?

Tops it by a few light years.

Nactous
Dagger of Time is all it takes.

Peach
Originally posted by Nactous
Dagger of Time is all it takes.

A pity that you did not read the first post, then. Since it's stated pretty clearly that the SoT Prince does not have the Dagger available.

I-Drop
Originally posted by Peach
The hanging hooks just let him cover more ground. Even with just the regular (small) stretches of ceiling that he Spider-mans across, he's just using the gauntlet as leverage.

WW? You mean the worst of the PoP games?

Tops it by a few light years. Only thing bad was the music that didn't fit.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by I-Drop
Only thing bad was the music that didn't fit.
Also the Prince was horridly emo and dark, which didn't fit the Prince as seen in SoT.

But this is getting off-topic.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Peach

That's not the case last I saw. Watch this video at around 1:24. He pretty clearly does a crawl like motion on the roof runs with or without the ceiling rings (like when the wooden posts are there instead, he shows no particular use of his gauntlet, at least not as much as when he does the grip fall). He doesn't even use his gauntlet to swing from ceiling rings.

While I'll say that I enjoy the newer game at least as much as the original Sands of Time game, I'll also say that WW's worst flaws were purely technical (and usually stemmed from non gameplay hindering audio glitches). TTT was the weakest of the trilogy (but not by a sretch was it the worst of the entire PoP series, much less was WW)--you can tell that halfway through development, they had done something to shoehorn the plot elements instead of explain them a little more elaborately than could have been. Not to metion the speed-kills (most shallow and unsatisfying QTE's ever, along with KH2s reaction commands) were just another thing that showed how paifully restrictive and blatantly linear the so-called "open-ended" city of Babylon was in the game

Also, the Prince was what I'd classify as pissy in WW. He was more emo in TTT (at least a different, less tolerable, wussier kind of emo)

Which the SoT Prince does not have in this particular thread.

Peach
I really don't need to watch a youtube video of something I've seen about 300 times over the past three days, thanks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.